PDA

View Full Version : Rooney: Steelers Family Concerned About Claims

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Rooney: Steelers Family Concerned About Claims
http://kdka.com/steelers/Steelers.Art.Rooney.2.1545810.html

Yes another Ben Thread! Not really this is more to do with Art Rooney. Uh Oh Ben is in ddeeeep shit lol. But Mods if so feel free to "merge" it into another thread.

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―
Commenting for the first time since a young woman in Georgia accused quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her, Steelers President Art Rooney released a statement today saying the Steelers family is "concerned about the recent incident" and "will continue to closely monitor the situation."

On Friday, police in Milledgeville, Georgia held a news conference about the allegations involving a 20-year-old college student who claimed that Roethlisberger assaulted her at a nightclub.

"Investigators have been able to determine from reporting officers and other witnesses, allegations have been made naming Ben Roethlisberger, 28, of Ohio, in connection with this incident," Milledgeville Deputy Police Chief Richard Malone told reporters.

"He has been identified as being at the scene and there are allegations naming him as the perpetrator."

While no charges have been filed in the case, Steelers President Art Rooney II issued a brief statement this afternoon saying:

"All of us in the Steelers family are concerned about the recent incident involving Ben Roethlisberger in Georgia. We cannot comment on any of the specifics until law enforcement's investigation is concluded. Certainly, we will continue to closely monitor the situation."

At a short news conference late this afternoon, authorities in Milledgeville told reporters that they expect to conduct more interviews in the next few days -- including Roethlisberger.

steelerdude15
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
"All of us in the Steelers family are concerned about the recent incident involving Ben Roethlisberger in Georgia. We cannot comment on any of the specifics until law enforcement's investigation is concluded. Certainly, we will continue to closely monitor the situation."
It's the best thing for the Rooney family and Steelers organization to do at this time.

Steelers>NFL
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
It is sad when great people like the Rooneys have to comment on this kind of situations.
All because of Ben's stupidity. Ben is NOT the leader we all thought he was.
No, I am not saying he is guilty. What I am saying is there is always drama that surrounds
or involves Ben in almost every single off-season since he has been in the league.
It is time he takes the pacifier out of his mouth and GROW UP!

WeegiesWarriors
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I would be a proud Steeler fan if the franchise rid itself of Ben if authorities do press charges against him. It might hurt in the short term but we'll make it through. I don't even know if it's possible with various union rules and such to get rid of him. I'm just saying.

The thing to remember is Ben Roethlisberger didn't make the Steelers, the Steelers made Ben Roethlisberger.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I agree, you dont see Manning, Favre, Palmer, or (really any starting QB ) making headlines in the offseason.. Not sure what they should do with him right now... Again.... What happened to PFJ???

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 04:47 PM
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Bad judgement sure, but lets not throw him under the bus until we know some solid facts.

SteelC7
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
wow u guys already turned on the QB that won 2 super bowls...tell me, how many super bowl winning QBs did we have between bradshaw and ben??? we need to keep him...period, hes a gr8 QB and will eventually grow up, til then, we gotta bear with him...its easy to talk shit wen its not happening to you, the fact is, some dumb broad saw ben at a club, knew he was already going thru sex allegations so she thought she would get a settlement/free money by accusing him of the same thing...duh!!!

zulater
03-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Of course the Rooney's are concerned. If Ben is charged with a felony who knows when the trial will be? It depends on a lot of things, but I'd say it's a long shot that this case will be adjudicated before the start of the season. And if Ben has pending felony charges hanging over him consider him suspended until the matter is resolved. If you don't think so just ask Plax.

I'll guess we'll know more by the end of the week.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Big Ben needs to keep an eye on Little Ben... If I'm the Rooney family, I don't like this either. Ben seems to be a common denominator in this stuff...

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Big Ben needs to keep an eye on Little Ben...

Quoted for poops and giggles