PDA

View Full Version : randle el back too

Big7BenHOF
03-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Former Steelers WR Antwaan Randle El is returning to Pittsburgh, agreeing to a three-year deal with the team tonight.

tyler289
03-08-2010, 07:00 PM
From twitter:

Adam_Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Former Steelers WR Antwaan Randle El is returning to Pittsburgh, agreeing to a three-year deal with the team tonight.

Thanks to whatever mod merged the two threads.

Nadroj 20
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Wow Randel el back....im beginning to think the Steelers should not draft a WR now lol

Prok
03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
WTF are we sure this is the PITTSBURGH STEELERS we're talking about ???

:tt::tt:

steelerdave1969
03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Where is your information? Havent seen anything yet. Never mind just got it

NEPAsteeler
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Wow, they're on a roll today. Keep 'em coming! :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Where is your information? Havent seen anything yet

Twitter i guess which is correct 99.97% of the time :applaudit:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow...I didn't see this one coming. We are going to have one heck of a recieving corp.

86WARD
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Saw this coming...WTF...

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
here it is......(look to the left side of the page)

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

legit enough for me. Hines Ward + Santonio Holmes + Mike Wallace + Heath Miller + Rashard Mendenhall + Arnaz Battle + Antwaan Randle-El.......:jawdrop:

Please excuse the language, but i just jizzed in my pants.

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah, and Ben Roethlisberger is throwing to these guys.....:jawdrop:

Nadroj 20
03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
here it is......(look to the left side of the page)

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

legit enough for me. Hines Ward + Santonio Holmes + Mike Wallace + Heath Miller + Rashard Mendenhall + Arnaz Battle + Antwaan Randle-El.......:jawdrop:

Please excuse the language, but i just jizzed in my pants.

I can live with that WR corp!! :tt02:

SteelerFanInStl
03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
What? No way! 5 FA signings by the Steelers??? Who is this team? :sofunny:

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Of course, in the mind of good ol' Bruce Arians, this means more shotgun snaps on 3rd and 1 :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

NEPAsteeler
03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Of course, in the mind of good ol' Bruce Arians, this means more shotgun snaps on 3rd and 1 :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

God help us all! :rofl:

jjpro11
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
when i checked PFT and saw the headline, i checked the date to make sure it wasn't their annual April Fools day. Clark and ARE on the same day!? amazing!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Oh no! I just realized that this signing may have been mastermind by Bruce Arians as the final piece needed to totally abandon the run and convert us to a team that passes 100% of the time.:sofunny:

Please someone tell me I'm just being paranoid.:couch:

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Oh no! I just realized that this signing may have been mastermind by Bruce Arians as the final piece needed to totally abandon the run and convert us to a team that passes 100% of the time.:sofunny:

Please someone tell me I'm just being paranoid.:couch:

You really arent :chuckle:

stillers4me
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Let's hope.

Ben will be VERY happy with this.

SteelCityMom
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Great news to get ARE and keep Clark in the same day! And yes, I agree with others, very unconventionally move by the Steelers FO to make so many moves in one day lol.

tony hipchest
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Let's hope.

Ben will be VERY happy with this.probably not. El is a true Christian who doesnt drink, go clubbin, rape women and is well liked by ALL of his teammates.

oh, and hes short.

the good news is arians finally being able to dust off the double reverse plays from 1st & goal at the 1. :doh:

Psyychoward86
Great news to get ARE and keep Clark in the same day! And yes, I agree with others, very unconventionally move by the Steelers FO to make so many moves in one day lol.

Apparently they were working hard during their "weekend retreat" :wink02:

Galax Steeler
This is a dream I really need to wake up. I hope these signings really help us and the way it looks it should.:tt05:

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 07:24 PM
the good news is arians finally being able to dust off the double reverse plays from 1st & goal at the 1. :doh:

haha, remember that time we tried a reverse with Hines at the goal line (@ New England '07)

stillers4me
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Haha! I just just thinking that they must have had an epiphany in that hottub!

truesteelerfan
03-08-2010, 07:30 PM

I never saw a day like this coming for the Steelers...especially this year when they had their retreat instead of hosting players....Guess this was a great plan and their "retreat" was more of a planning session.....
Way to go team!:tt04:

stillers4me
03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh my oh my.......the possibilites. If Ben can just keep his ass outta jail.

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Ryan Leaf would look good throwing to these guys.

vader29
03-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow, can't wait for training camp to get here!

TackleMeBen
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
they might have signed ARE so he can be the back up to dixon..lol...

probably not. El is a true Christian who doesnt drink, go clubbin, rape women and is well liked by ALL of his teammates.

oh, and hes short.

maybe ARE can teach ben how to be a good boy:chuckle::rofl:

tony hipchest
03-08-2010, 07:47 PM
i was certain he was gonna go to the bears.

pete74
03-08-2010, 07:51 PM
i guess the steelers wanted to change up all the bad talk on ben so they decided to make a big splash and it worked

+NuBbS+
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
im glad the steelers made these moves today. leaves me with one question....what about limas sweed??? :rofl:

pete74
03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
lima must be gone or we wouldnt of signed 2 wr's. randell is going to dress and so will hines, Mke W and holmes so that leaves no room for sweed. AB will probably stay on special teame unless hines goes down

SteelersMongol
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
This is not a bad news. Not a bad news at all. Welcome back 2 the team, ARE.

devilsdancefloor
someone stole the checkbook from those damn cheap rooneys! does this mean i can break out my Old 82 jersey?:tt04::tt04:

Chidi29
I'm not a big fan of this one. At best, he's the #4 and won't see the field that much. He was really more quick than fast to begin with. Age isn't going to help that either.

What it does mean, as NuBs pointed out, that Limas' job is in serious jeporday. it's one thing to sign a special teamer like Battle, but it's another to sign Randel El.

meanjoecoop
03-08-2010, 07:57 PM

Super Bowl 45 Announcer... Dixon laterals to Randel EL. Randel El goes deep to Holmes... in the endzone...wide open...no wait...its Sweed...and...he drops it. :chuckle:

stillers4me
03-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Super Bowl 45 Announcer... Dixon laterals to Randel EL. Randel El goes deep to Holmes... in the endzone...wide open...no wait...its Sweed...and...he drops it. :chuckle:

Hush yo mouf! :chuckle:

Prok
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
i guess the steelers wanted to change up all the bad talk on ben so they decided to make a big splash and it worked

Not only that. I think they are taking advantage of the un-capped year to boot.

We MAY not be done yet. I'd be thrilled with a good CB signing or drafting a good CB early now.

Gotta say, i'm pleased with the team shoring up the secondary and ST's weaknesses.

Randle El solves the slot WR problem too.

Great day for me had it not been for that horrible georgia incedent...

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
GOOD NEWS! Clark and Randle El are back.
Wonder who were are targeting the draft. SPPPPOOON?

Prok
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not a big fan of this one. At best, he's the #4 and won't see the field that much. He was really more quick than fast to begin with. Age isn't going to help that either.

What it does mean, as NuBs pointed out, that Limas' job is in serious jeporday. it's one thing to sign a special teamer like Battle, but it's another to sign Randel El.

It gives us a proven slot WR PLUS a good punt returner Chidi. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Now if we can keep our damn franchise QB outta jail........

+NuBbS+
03-08-2010, 08:04 PM
i agree with everything. limas sweed is 90% done in pittsburgh which is sad because we all had high hopes on him. all this does is make or offense even better then it was. special teams also gets a jolt as randle el is a excellent return man. 4 wide reciever set with 3 speed guys?? someones gonna get torched. lol

SteelerFanInStl
03-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Randle El will be a good #4 WR and he can return punts. Sweed is history. This signing pretty much assures that.

steelreserve
03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow, we're just having a good old-fashioned reunion here.

Tuesday: Foote re-signs with Steelers for 3 years
Wednesday: Joey Porter re-signs with Steelers for 3 years
Thursday: Najeh Davenport re-signs with Steelers
Friday: Davenport cut by Steelers

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 08:07 PM

lol

SteelerFanInStl
03-08-2010, 08:08 PM

:toofunny:

theplatypus
03-08-2010, 08:09 PM

too funny

+NuBbS+
03-08-2010, 08:09 PM

:rofl: if this happens imma print this out and put it on my steelers wall :chuckle:

Chidi29
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
It gives us a proven slot WR PLUS a good punt returner Chidi. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Now if we can keep our damn franchise QB outta jail........

Wallace or Ward played in the slot and did a fine/excellent job. And when we go four wide, I assume Miller will be that #4 as he was last year.

I don't think it's worth it as a punt returner, especially considering Logan's average was better than Randel El's half the time with us. And the aforementioned age, wear and tear effect.

Do wonder exactly how much the contract is worth though.

Nadroj 20
03-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Randle El will be a good #4 WR and he can return punts. Sweed is history. This signing pretty much assures that.

I agree bringing in 2 guys through free agency doesnt look good for sweed....heck id give Tyler Grisham a chance before sweed too.

stillers4me
03-08-2010, 08:20 PM

:chuckle:

I wonder if Willie is feeling a bit left out right now.

Galax Steeler
03-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I agree bringing in 2 guys through free agency doesnt look good for sweed....heck id give Tyler Grisham a chance before sweed too.

Grissam made a good appearance last year caught his first ball for a touchdown but dropped his second not bad 50/50.

Prok
03-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Wallace or Ward played in the slot and did a fine/excellent job. And when we go four wide, I assume Miller will be that #4 as he was last year.

I don't think it's worth it as a punt returner, especially considering Logan's average was better than Randel El's half the time with us. And the aforementioned age, wear and tear effect.

Do wonder exactly how much the contract is worth though.

I think the team is trying to take advantage of the un-capped year as well. If ya get time can ya post what all these signings mean with reguards to the cap we were at last year please?

Also curious to see how many of these deals are front loaded.

+NuBbS+
03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
i like the signings. we dont get alot to talk about this year. this is quite unheard of in steelers nation lol. however, randle el is going to contribute somehow and someway. im glad hes back. it'll keep recievers fresh too.

Nadroj 20
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Grissam made a good appearance last year caught his first ball for a touchdown but dropped his second not bad 50/50.

Yea, was it for a touchdown or a really big first down? i thought it was a big 1st down but not sure on it.

Galax Steeler
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Yea, was it for a touchdown or a really big first down? i thought it was a big 1st down but not sure on it.

Sorry I meant to say first down my fingers are getting ahead of my mind on this key board.:chuckle:

BigBen'sSwagger
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
We ARE the Steelers!!!

When I 1st read it I thought this was just an evil joke someone was playin' on me.

ARE cut his teeth with us, Never really left us, and now will forever stay with us!!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM

I think you have to put Battle in the lead because of what he brings on special teams.

Prok
03-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Still scratching my head. Are we sure the STEELERS actually went on a FA spree and signed this many players ??

Christ if Ben stay's out of the hooscow he'll have a run at Peyton and Tommy's passing records with all the weapons at his disposal now...

BigBen'sSwagger
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
In previous posts I thought ARE would replace Logan but what if we keep Logan and ARE to return kicks??? Could be leathal!!!

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow we got a really nice recieving corps now.

its glad to have randle el back.

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 09:16 PM

All we need to do now is sign the Foote Doctor and we will dominate.............

Nadroj 20
03-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry I meant to say first down my fingers are getting ahead of my mind on this key board.:chuckle:

:rofl: im excited too!

MACH1
03-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Airians is gonna have to dust off some of those trick plays with the return of El.

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 09:20 PM
GOOD NEWS! Clark and Randle El are back.
Wonder who were are targeting the draft. SPPPPOOON?

Definately defensive lineman.............No Question about it....Maybe 1st 3 rounds.....

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
El and Tone on the feild at the same time!....Now that is gonna be electric quickness nightmare for opposing d's.....................

OneForTheToe
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Maybe El was brought back for his QB skills .....
you know just in case?:wink02:

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
this spells the end for sweed

Chidi29
03-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I think the team is trying to take advantage of the un-capped year as well. If ya get time can ya post what all these signings mean with reguards to the cap we were at last year please?

Also curious to see how many of these deals are front loaded.

Looks like Clark's deal is a bit frontloaded (Though he is a vet). Going to get $5 million his first year.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:31 PM
7y9nq_A1D_s

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Sweed still got a shot.....He is young.....He just got to cut his teeth a little on the big stage.......I guarrentee he will make it in the league........He just gotta hang loose.......

tony hipchest
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Airians is gonna have to dust off some of those trick plays with the return of El.the only problem with that is anytime arians finds a trick play that works a time or 2, he puts it back on the shelf next to his brain for the next few years.

like that time he called a pass play to spaeth inside the 10 and it went for a td. :noidea: and the next week when he called the same play and it worked again...

or that time he called a run up the middle behind a fullback on "goal to go" and it went for a td...

:dang:

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Sweed still got a shot.....He is young.....He just got to cut his teeth a little on the big stage.......I guarrentee he will make it in the league........He just gotta hang loose.......

I don't think he will make it with us though.

LVSteelersfan
03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I doubt Sweed is going anywhere quite yet. We need to see if he shows up to training camp and how he does. He could possibly be a practice squad player for a year.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-08-2010, 09:35 PM
are we going to run the 8 wide offense? :)

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
"It's kind of like going home, yeah, that's what it feels like," Randle El said Monday night in a phone interview. "Going back to where I was drafted and where my roots started. I feel pretty good about the decision. Just want to go do some damage."

In his first stint with the Steelers, Randle El was a major contributor and helped the team win a Super Bowl title. The eight-year veteran was a productive punt returner and No. 3 receiver for Pittsburgh, and the Steelers plan to primarily use him as the third receiver during the 2010 season.

"We've talked about just playing No. 3 receiver. That's all we talked about," Randle El said. "I'm not even sure about punt return, now that I think about it. The way I always look at it, I'm going to go in and be No. 3.

WTF What bout Mike Wallace as the #3?????

Sweed is gone LMAO

tony hipchest
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
WTF What bout Mike Wallace as the #3?????

wallace will be #2.

we are trading santonio to miami on draft day.

supa_fly_steeler
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
wallace will be #2.

Lol how can you be so sure???

MACH1
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
are we going to run the 8 wide offense? :)

No, it's the six wide wildcat.

BigBen'sSwagger
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
No, it's the six wide wildcat.

Please don't let BA get wind of this we'll be in deep kimche

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
the only problem with that is anytime arians finds a trick play that works a time or 2, he puts it back on the shelf next to his brain for the next few years.

like that time he called a pass play to spaeth inside the 10 and it went for a td. :noidea: and the next week when he called the same play and it worked again...

or that time he called a run up the middle behind a fullback on "goal to go" and it went for a td...

:dang:

Cowher made those gadgets work......He was meticulous about them......Its not in Tomlin's dna, but he can pick them up if he wants........

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't think he will make it with us though.

Gotta wait to see how he comes into camp.........He got some time to prepare, so I hope he is working on his game........

SteelerEmpire
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Good news... Looks like Tomlin is on it ......

supa_fly_steeler
Gotta wait to see how he comes into camp.........He got some time to prepare, so I hope he is working on his game........

were not gonna cut #86,#10 and #17 were not gonna cut randle el or battle.

could sweed and logan be given the cut.

Psyychoward86
I think what people are forgetting about Randle El is what he did for us on special teams. He'll give Stefan Logan some competition. Heck, in the end, i think we'll end up keeping both! Logan was pretty awesome for us on kick returns, but couldnt break one on punts. Of course, our horrid blocking on ST is part of the problem. But still, Randle El is the opposite (Good punt returner, mediocre kick returner), i think all of us steelers fans remember what he could do on a punt return. Logan on kicks, Randle El on punts. That sounds just perfect to me.

T&B fan
wallace will be #2.

somebodys gota go :popcorn:

Psyychoward86
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
were not gonna cut #86,#10 and #17 were not gonna cut randle el or battle.

could sweed and logan be given the cut.

Logan contributed nicely for us. Sweed hasnt done jack when given the opportunity. I think the answer is clear.

wootawnee
03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
They will all be at camp.....El is gonna be a lock, unless he gets injured.....Those guys(Ben,Hines,El,etc) are like old school buddies you run into years later, and it was like yesterday that you just talked ,like that time apart did not exist......Chemisty....El will contribute......

steelerdude15
03-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Sweed should be released. Hopefully Randle El can bring back some magic.

BlockMonsta
03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Sweed should NOT be let go just YET. Should be intresting with Hines,Holmes,Wallace,Sweed and ARE competing. Happy we got Clark back though.

Bluedust
03-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Great news!

steelpride12
03-08-2010, 11:14 PM
YES! I love this move not just to fill in as Wide Receiver, but him and Logan in the return game should be lightning for sure! Im excited for this offense now it should only improve.

SteelGhost
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Now the FO and coaching staff can focus on the DL and secondary corps ! :applaudit:

Great day for Steeler Nation :tt04:

jjpro11
03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
El supposedly wasn't very good returning last year. so i don't know if he'd return for us. the Steelers have to know Ward is getting up there in age and injuries are more likely now than ever.. so it's nice to have a guy that can slide right in to the slot when called upon if Hines goes down at any time and Holmes and Wallace move up. ARE can still be the #4 receiver and subbed in to play the slot.

i love what Logan brought to the table, starting at the 30 yard line or better after nearly every kickoff was great. if we could just get some better punt return blocking, he'd be a major force there as well. he was a positive asset to the team, and other than taking up a roster spot, costs very little. i think it's time for Sweed to leave.

Pentheon
03-09-2010, 12:03 AM
great news to have randel el back, I always liked him.

pepsyman1
03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I like the news as well...now if we can just find a CB capable of covering someone I'd really be a happy guy. Just one fast, good hands, ball-hawking cornerback please. Someone who might actually be able to stay close enough to a wide receiver to actually make a play on the ball would be a huge addition.

SteelerNation12
03-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I like the news as well...now if we can just find a CB capable of covering someone I'd really be a happy guy. Just one fast, good hands, ball-hawking cornerback please. Someone who might actually be able to stay close enough to a wide receiver to actually make a play on the ball would be a huge addition.
We need ones who know how to play in their zones and we will be fine.

preston0036
03-09-2010, 12:48 AM
IF WE CAN KEEP OUR qbOUT OF TROUBLE WE MIGHT HAVE OURSELV'S A HELL OF A OFFENSE Ward Holmes Wallace Randle El and Bttle though i still don't think Sweed is done with Heath and Mendenhall man thats a lot of fire power im very happy about this not to mention the moves we made with Clark and Will Allen replacing TY Carter :tt04::tt04:

xbroughneck
03-09-2010, 01:08 AM
You guys are glossing over the fact that Randle El said he's going to play the #3 receiver role.

Uhm HELLO!!!!! If he was told he's going to be the slot receiver, a position that was played extremely well by our ROOKIE...what does that tell you? Someone else mentioned it.

We've got 1 too many receivers.

Santonio may be on his way out and the Steelers may be looking to move up in the draft.

I'd trade Santonio in a second now that we have Randle El and hope we can move up to get to Miami's #12 spot.

That would give the Steelers a great shot at the best corner in the draft (Haden)

Guess we'll all find out what the Steelers have planned.

tony hipchest
03-09-2010, 01:29 AM
You guys are glossing over the fact that Randle El said he's going to play the #3 receiver role.

Uhm HELLO!!!!! If he was told he's going to be the slot receiver, a position that was played extremely well by our ROOKIE...what does that tell you? Someone else mentioned it.

Santonio may be on his way out and the Steelers may be looking to move up in the draft.

I'd trade Santonio in a second now that we have Randle El and hope we can move up to get to Miami's #12 spot.

That would give the Steelers a great shot at the best corner in the draft (Haden)

Guess we'll all find out what the Steelers have planned.now were thinking!

not only will miami trade us their #1 pick for holmes, but they will throw in ted ginn jr. (because he pretty much sucks) and they know we will not lose any face for cutting him because sweed and logan are just as good, if not better.

then we will trade ben to arizona for leinart and their #1. despite bens troubles, coach whiz knows how good he can be if the leash is put on him, and hes not allowed to roam the nation and rape women, or freelance and improvise, and take sacks or throw interceptions.

one of our 3 first round picks will certainly be used to draft brandon graham to replace woodley, since he will most likely be the highest priced free agents going into '11 (assuming there is football to be played under a capped system).

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 06:34 AM
He's too old. :chuckle:

Are you serious? :jawdrop: While I loved El when he was here a few years back, he doesn't make a hair on Santo's hiney as far as a receiver goes. This move tells me that there is going to be a fierce competition at TC for the #4 spot, as the Top 3 spots are locked up, as well as competition for Stefan Logan on returns.

Venom
03-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Me happy about Randle El being back . Could this be the end of Sweed ? :tt04:

KYsteelfan
03-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Santonio isnt going anywhere. He's our best reciever. it would hurt us too badly to lose him. Randle El will play some special teams, and by the 4 reciever and maybe step in to do some passing plays like he did before. but our one two and three spots are locked up tight.
that being said im happy to see him back in black and gold:tt04:

jjpro11
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Guess we'll all find out what the Steelers have planned.

um.. no.. it has more to do with the fact that the Steelers realize Ward is more injury prone now than ever because of his age. ARE gives us good depth and a guy that can move into the slot role if called upon without any problem.

Santonio and Wallace are the future here. we've drafted some baaaad receivers over the years.. no sense playing the draft roulette game again and hoping to get a good receiver when we already have 2 proven young ones on the team.

Prok
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Santonio isnt going anywhere. He's our best reciever. it would hurt us too badly to lose him. Randle El will play some special teams, and by the 4 reciever and maybe step in to do some passing plays like he did before. but our one two and three spots are locked up tight.
that being said im happy to see him back in black and gold:tt04:

Agreed. Our offense just got a ton better if Arians doesn't crap the bed....

The Steelers would be STUPID to trade Santonio, unless we get a damn good offer. I don't understand why so many Steelers fans put Hines Ward so high on a pedestal yet think Santonio is just average.... Boggles my mind...

steelreserve
03-09-2010, 11:48 AM

Not on your life. What this means is we're keeping all of our receivers. So once Ben is suspended, Randle El and Ward can trade off as QB, and on third-and-1, we can go ...

SIX WIDE!!!

Arians has secretly been hoping for this for years.

Prok
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Not on your life. What this means is we're keeping all of our receivers. So once Ben is suspended, Randle El and Ward can trade off as QB, and on third-and-1, we can go ...

SIX WIDE!!!

HAHA !! I nominate this for best post of the month.

:drink:

KYsteelfan
03-09-2010, 11:53 AM

SIX WIDE!!!

:applaudit: :rofl: wouldnt surprise me lol

Steel_Bus_24
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM

SIX WIDE!!!

yes.........Arians Master plan will finally be Realized!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/sha0213l.jpg

We now will be able to go six wide, and exploit the match up at Qb..........El should carve up the defenses by finding the seams and throwing to none other then himself

Curtain_of_Steel
03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
6 wide?LOL

Ben will have literally 1/10 of a sec to throw before his ass is on the ground. We have trouble blocking 3 rushers with 6 lineman.
Battle is washed up, servicable 5th wr at best.
ARE is nothing to write home about. We have logan as the return man.
2 wr's who no one wanted, we signed.

Trading holmes? And we replaced that signing with ARE and battle? I'm not thinking that is a good scenario either.

We are starting to become the philadelphia flyers with the bringing back the oldies, lol

Prok
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Gonna be perfectly honest here.... Call me an ass, or whatever you will too..... But I just loves me a good Arians bashing thread. LOL

:thumbsup:

Fire Haley
03-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Holmes our #1 WR - get over it.

stb_steeler
03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Looks like the Steelers may have some gadget plays coming with Randle El coming back. Personally i like the guy, (still remember the 47 yarder to hines in SBXL) He knows the offense.

FacemeIke
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it today. My El jersey is back in business! I'm suprised though, so now Wallace is the #4? He's much better then a #4 and it sucks for him to be knocked down the depth chart

Psyychoward86
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Holmes our #1 WR - get over it.

when did this happen

chucoblack&gold
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it today. My El jersey is back in business! I'm suprised though, so now Wallace is the #4? He's much better then a #4 and it sucks for him to be knocked down the depth chart

yeah, not sure how this works out for Wallace:noidea: He showed pretty strong as a rookie, his best is yet to come

Steelboy84
03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
We have a logjam at WR, but I ain't complaining though.

:tt03: