PDA

View Full Version : Be honest, tell the truth.....

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 11:38 AM
who is nervous? Who is sick to thier stomachs? Who is going to have trouble sleeping?

We are all confident in our teams,but it is football. Sixty minutes, a game where one mistake can cost you an entire season!

seattle, how you feeling? Pittsburgh, how you feeling?

I`m sick I admit. I gotts a feeling, that this is our year. But tomorrow cannot get here soon enough!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooSteelers!

SteelersNationsfl
02-04-2006, 11:41 AM
really nervous ... gonna start doing things to pass the time watching a couple of movies going somewhere....

stand undefeated
02-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm nervous as shit! For the past two weeks i've been thinking about the super bowl every two minutes... 1 more day finally.

Hawk Believer
02-04-2006, 11:43 AM
:yikes: sums it up. Maybe I'll have to go out and get a quad shot latte to calm my nerves....

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Nervous because I cannot get a a handle on what to expect.

Pre-game I was confident Steelers would win Cincy + Denver, while I expected a loss to Indy (which made the win all the better).

Lots of little annoyances (the Kreider/Troy/Ward injuries & Joey Porter going over the top to the point he is drawing return fire from even handed columnists like Wilbon) are starting to give an ominous vibe.

Unfortunately, 30 hours before kickoff is too early to start drinking in order to cut the tension.

tony hipchest
02-04-2006, 11:55 AM
1st 2 games of 2002 brady and gannon put up like 100 pass attempts on the steelers and both teams won. the running game was practiacally abandonned and replaced by quick passing patterns. im hoping the seahawks dont employ this tactic. im not sure it would work against these steelers (lebeau wasnt there in 2002 and t. lewis would eventually get fired) but it is probably their best bet. i hope the steelers have planned for this and not over focussed on the run. i dont want them caught on their heels or start pressing if seattle scores early. its a long game and if they keep this in perspective no early deficit should hurt them.

the butterflies will definitely set in right at kick off for me. i hope im not plastered by that time! lol

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 11:59 AM
I guess if your not nervous, your really not a fan!

Brady12
02-04-2006, 12:02 PM
You guys should throw a football around :smile: just... don't fumble it, or throw an interception.

24seven
02-04-2006, 12:04 PM
just listening to the scenerios and the commentators and even you guys are making my nerves bend.. I can't take it anymore I just want it to be here.. There isn't a second of the day that "Pittsburgh's goin to the super bowl.. HERE WE GO!" isn't playing in my head.. Everytime I leave a customers house I sing it to myself or wake up .. ESPN keeps playin the same rerun crap over and over.. Sure I think were gonna win but I don't want to become over confident I just wish I could truly say YES.. were DEFFINITELY going to win.. The anticipation is tearing me apart!!!!!!! I woke up today and more thought about the players and what there nerves were like.. Man i couldn't imagine what it would be like for them.. I'm joe schmoe from Idaho and I'm losin it.. They gotta be pukin or damn near passin out.. I would like a good game for sure.. But a Steelers blowout would also make my day.. I just want this to be one of the best super bowls ever and not be completely 1 sided unless it's the Steelers side.. lol.. ok.. I'm biased to all beat hell.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THE STEELERS WIN!!! Since I was 7 years old they haven't won and I still remember eatin chicken and being sick watching that super bowl.. Just let me have that chance to see the glory that awaits them 1 more time!!! Thank god there's UFC on tonight.. Maybe Chuck and Randy can ease my mind a little bit..

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 12:07 PM
I`m tired of NFL Network, and ESPN, I can`t take them much more. I get upset when somebody says seattle will win.
I get even more pisssed when the majority pick us. I like the under dog role.

My stomach is in knots.

tony hipchest
02-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I guess if your not nervous, your really not a fan! im also curious how the coaches are telling the players to handle their nerves. this could give either team a decided adge but i think both coaches are smart enough and experienced enough to not try and convince their team this is a normal game. this is the biggest game of their lives and i think playing with the fear of losing can be a good thing. its just accepting and channelling this nervous energy before the game rather than having to deal with it on the fly in the middle of the 1st quarter. i think cowhers got it covered.

steelersgirl86
02-04-2006, 12:13 PM
I am very very nervous....I cant wait for tomorrow...can you imagine how nervous the players are...

clarient
02-04-2006, 12:14 PM
I think about this game every two minutes!!! I'm jumpy and nervous and can't stop talking about the black and gold to ANYBODY who'll listen. The anticipation and the desire for the win is driving me nuts! But I have faith and I'll be waving my Terrible Towel like a crazed person come Sunday afternoon!!! GO STEELERS!

ONE FOR THE THUMB!!

siss
02-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm a new fan and I'm nervous. I can't imagine what its like for the veteran fans or even the players. I just want it to be over. I have a plan today to get all my homework done so I can spend sunday on the super bowl.

Prosdo
02-04-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm anxious. I just want to see the game start already lol

drizze99
02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm nervous as hell. I am sitting here doing shit around the house listening to all of the Steeler songs I download. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I DON'T like all the hype that the Steelers got this week. I DON'T want his shit to go to their heads. I just hate it when we are favored. I've just seen too many over confident Steeler teams fall on their face. I was very confident going into the Cinci & Indy game. I was a little on edge for the Broncos game and now we have the Seahawks. I have faith in my Steelers and I really like this version of the Steelers. I feel that we have key players in a 3 phases of our game to get this done.

I just want to see a good clean injury free game. I want smash mouth Steeler football blue collar style!!

Koopa
02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
i'm very nervous, damn i can't even watch espn or fsn cause they just show football and it gets me more nervous so i have to watch stupid shit on tv. today seems like it's gonna go fast though and i'll just sleep in tomorrow and then watch whatevers left of the basketball game and then it'll be a little time left to the superbowl.

Prosdo
02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if I could just sleep till 4PM tomorrow. Then only have to wait 2 and a half hours for the game lol.

VegasStlrFan
02-04-2006, 01:33 PM
More nervous now than earlier in the week. It seems like the orginal consensus from the talking heads was the Steelers were a lock. Now it seems about 50-50. I had to quit listening to them.

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I`m Nervous, but excited also!

We Will Win! GUARANTEED FRIGGIN TEED!

DJfan
02-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Nervous. Definately.

I have worn out my mouse on the internet these last two weeks. Well over 5 hours a day. Glad my job is flexible enough.

My family misses me.

ZornToLargent
02-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, pretty much sums it up for me too...nervous. I am tired of The Network...ESPN...all of it. I am tired of your message board, our message board...all of it. I just want to be watching the damn game.

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Glad to see know matter our teams colors, we all feel the same.

One quetion! As sick as it makes you feel, you would`nt trade it for anything, would you??

Go ahead HELL NO!

Mamaduck43
02-04-2006, 02:59 PM
This is worse than waiting for Christmas when you are 5 years old!!!!!!

I have turned off my TV... I watched SB highlights and talking heads until about 3AM.... I might watch the special on SB commercials tonight, but I cannot stand to hear another old has-been or wannabe talk about how the game should be played and how their favorite team will win it for sure.....

I keep thinking about consequences to every action and activity - - kind of a 'don't run with scissors' thing.... I want to make sure that I am around tomorrow to watch the game... My gut is a mess - - I may even go out and buy one of those $15 Bengal TV's (black & white) so that I can have one in my bathroom - - just in case of emergency trips.....

Whatever happens tomorrow, it has been a hellava ride to get here - - for both teams.... And it makes the anticipation of next season all the more sweet.......

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 03:17 PM
and then tomorrow gets here, and i have to wait all day. it is killing me, especially now that i'm not distracted by work. you just never know. i was so confident after the bronco win but now i have had so loooooonnnngg to thing about it and it has manifested into some crazy thoughts. I HATE THE TWO WEEKS OFF, PERIOD!

clevestinks
02-04-2006, 03:39 PM
The movies tonite, whatever Disney movie is playing. My wife and daughter and I , we`ll go out to dinner, probably Chinese if they have there way.
A PG movie!
Then maybe desert afterwards if thats what they want. I`m afraid that this may be my last meal. If I feel this way today, I might not be able to eat tomorrow.

Tomorrow A.M.
6:30 Workout, stress relief I hope.
8:00 WHole pot of coffee!
9:00 Breakfast
Noon everbody is showing up! Noon to 6:30 ????????????????

Tomorrow seattle fans are lucky enough to have a short day! What 3:30 kickoff??

Koopa
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
The movies tonite, whatever Disney movie is playing. My wife and daughter and I , we`ll go out to dinner, probably Chinese if they have there way.
A PG movie!
Then maybe desert afterwards if thats what they want. I`m afraid that this may be my last meal. If I feel this way today, I might not be able to eat tomorrow.

Tomorrow A.M.
6:30 Workout, stress relief I hope.
8:00 WHole pot of coffee!
9:00 Breakfast
Noon everbody is showing up! Noon to 6:30 ????????????????

ya'll should go see a nice movie called hostel :grin:

jaysta
02-04-2006, 04:06 PM
This is like the calm before the storm. I keep looking at my old Terrible Towel just laying there ready to get whipped into a frenzy. Then I read an article or two and listen to how focused the Steelers look. This is it. This is the year. You've all seen the picture in the locker room after the Denver game with Coach leading the prayer. With that kind of attitude and focus we've got our one for the thumb. Be calm, but get ready to rumble!!!!!

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm a nervous wreck, Cleve. I don't know what to do w/myself. I've been cleaning and cooking all day for the Super Bowl party tomorrow to try and take my mind off the game, but it's not working. I keep going from one thing to another and can't seem to stay focused on any one thing for long.

I think maybe some dancing, pool, and quite a few Long Island Iced Teas tonight might help calm my nerves... I dunno, but I'm gonna try it and see...(lol). :bouncy:

BritishSteel
02-04-2006, 04:25 PM
well, it's not far off 10:30pm here in the land of the Royal Family and as we don't get kick-off until 11:30pm tomorrow night, I'm now starting to feel the knots tightening. Not sure how I'll sleep tonight.

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Not sure how I'll sleep tonight.

Drink until you pass out...(lol). :smile:

BritishSteel
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Done and done!

*thud*

ZornToLargent
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM

One quetion! As sick as it makes you feel, you would`nt trade it for anything, would you??

Go ahead HELL NO!
HELL NO!

:cool:

ZornToLargent
02-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Exactly! At least we only have to make our selves busy for half the day waiting for the game....

DIESELMAN
02-04-2006, 05:25 PM

Go ahead HELL NO!

Nerves are a little shot(a few shots will take care of that) butterfly's? always...Lets get this going already!!!!! Trade it? HELL NO!!!!!

jdelaurentis
02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Come on guys and girls,
you all must feel like i do, Nerves are shot, You cannot stand to watch the Nfl Channel
anymore, All of espn now sucks..

lets just get on with the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it wasnt for the Steelers Videos/Music to keep it going, I think i would have jumped
off a bridge already:rolleyes:

LETS Go STEELERS LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One for the Thumb baby!!!!
Joe in Philly...Eagles Suck!

Prosdo
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I just pray to God I don't get up anywhere before noon. I will be bored out of my mind!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I havent had a sound nights sleep since we started this run back in the regular season !!! Im so nervous I dont know what to do with myself !! Every where I go I see black n gold; in my dreams, driving to work, in my house, at work, at friends, the store, you name it.. and that just torques me up even more !!

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
who is nervous? Who is sick to thier stomachs? Who is going to have trouble sleeping?

We are all confident in our teams,but it is football. Sixty minutes, a game where one mistake can cost you an entire season!

I`m sick I admit. I gotts a feeling, that this is our year. But tomorrow cannot get here soon enough!

I feel great!

That "sickness" you feel is called doubt- as in doubt that the Steelers are the better team.

I don't have any doubt that the Seahawks are the better of the two teams, so I don't feel "sick"!

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 05:55 PM
I just pray to God I don't get up anywhere before noon. I will be bored out of my mind!

:rofl: @ Prosdo, who keeps wanting to sleep up until the game... I know the feeling, girl. :smile:

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 06:00 PM
I am going to have to say a bit nervous but quietly confident just like my team.:cool:

I believe this is going to be a classic game and I hate classic games!!!! I want a blowout but that is just a fantasy because like it or not your team is just too good for that.

bigbensgirl7
02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm going crazy right now...I know I will not be able to sleep tonight...I preparing for a long night ahead of me and I feel this will be the longest 26 hours in my life (well except labor)!!! However, all I want to do is watch the NFL Network and ESPN until it gets here!!!
I feel great!

That "sickness" you feel is called doubt- as in doubt that the Steelers are the better team.

I don't have any doubt that the Seahawks are the better of the two teams, so I don't feel "sick"!
It has nothing to do with being scared...I am very confident in the Steelers (as I believe most of us are) However, this is something we have waited for for a long time...and it is finally here...we have been there for our team through everything and it is finally paying off...and this year Pittsburgh will have the "One For the Thumb"!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Everbody would like a blow out win just for their own heart and sanity safety :laughing: but ur right while I am quietly confident in our chances as well, neither of us will see a blow out I dont think.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Portland Hawk Fan
I feel great!

Thats called over confidence..and here I thought you guys were the underdogs..would you please make up your damn minds what side of the fence you wanna ride ? :dang: :sofunny:

and btw, I'd stock up on pepto tonite if I were you...

bigbensgirl7
02-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I am going to have to say a bit nervous but quietly confident just like my team.:cool:

I believe this is going to be a classic game and I hate classic games!!!! I want a blowout but that is just a fantasy because like it or not your team is just too good for that.I know the feeling! Everyone keeps saying I just hope it's a good game...well a good game for me would be 50-0...I don't like close games when the Steelers are involved...but unfortunately I don't see that happening :redface: So I am going to be a wreck!!! But I know the Steelers can do it also!!! Here we go Steelers, Here we go!!!!!!

jaysta
02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Everbody would like a blow out win just for their own heart and sanity safety :laughing: but ur right while I am quietly confident in our chances as well, neither of us will see a blow out I dont think.

Man I want a blow out for one reason...so that Portland Hawk Fan will quiet down in here. Oh yeah and one for the thumb's another great reason.

beSteelmyheart
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm getting really wound up. The reality of the whole thing is settling in tonight, & I am on edge. I've been getting alot of stuff done around the house with my nervous energy & am sure it will continue tomorrow. I have the talking heads on because I just can't stay away, I just want to see the Steelers!

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Thats called over confidence..and here I thought you guys were the underdogs..would you please make up your damn minds what side of the fence you wanna ride ? :dang: :sofunny:

and btw, I'd stock up on pepto tonite if I were you...

We are the underdog, we just shouldn't be. That's where the lack of respect complaint comes from.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?pollId=34886

jaysta
02-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey nothing against the Seahawks, I rooted for them up until this game, but there's no lack of respect. If you followed both teams all season, I believe they have the favorite/underdog thing right this time. Pittsburgh is on a roll and everything is falling into place. Seattle has stumbled not that long ago and besides they've never won the big game. I'm not buying the "lack of respect thing". Sorry.:bouncy:

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Seattle has stumbled not that long ago and besides they've never won the big game, Sorry.:bouncy:

When did we "stumble"? Please tell me you arent referring to the Green Bay game?!

Oh, and what "big game" has ANY member of this Steeler team won?

I don't mind the predictions for the Steelers, but this "we've been there they haven't!" and "we're on a roll, they aren't!" stuff is mindboggling to me...

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Oh, and what "big game" has ANY member of this Steeler team won?

The Bengals were a good match for the Squacks...that's the difference between conferences. The Colts were the "New Pats", and we wasted them. If the Super Bowl was being played between the Bungals and Squaks, I think it'd be a close game, and a toss up.

It's not.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 07:07 PM
The Bengals were a good match for the Squacks...that's the difference between conferences. The Colts were the "New Pats", and we wasted them. If the Super Bowl was being played between the Bungals and Squaks, I think it'd be a close game, and a toss up.

It's not.

Ok, I concede that point- if you break Hasselbeck's leg on the first passing play and Seneca Wallace has to replace him- you'll most likely win.

Short of that, I don't see it happening. We have many key guys who have been on both sides of Superbowl outcomes. The Steelers have no experience in a game like this, which is why Cowher sequestered Big Ben all week....

jaysta
02-04-2006, 07:12 PM
The Steelers have no experience in a game like this, which is why Cowher sequestered Big Ben all week....

Now that's a statement for the ages. I guess you didn't realize the rich tradition in Pittsburgh. 4 rings with number 5 coming tomorrow. And Seattle has how many? Not to mention beating the Top 3 seeded teams on the road. 'Nuff talking with Seahawks fans. They've lost their minds today.

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Ok, I concede that point- if you break Hasselbeck's leg on the first passing play and Seneca Wallace has to replace him- you'll most likely win.

Short of that, I don't see it happening. We have many key guys who have been on both sides of Superbowl outcomes. The Steelers have no experience in a game like this, which is why Cowher sequestered Big Ben all week....

I'm certainly very proud of you for having all that Super Bowl experience. It may do you some good in the first 2-3 minutes, then again, it may not.

I see you decided to take the low and ignorant road and state that a QB's fragileness was actually a diabolical and planned move on our part. If you believe that, I've got some pretty good space alien comspiracy theories you might buy into.

Will you be here to eat the proverbial Kaopectate tomorrow night? I doubt it.

Koopa
02-04-2006, 07:16 PM

what does that have to do with anything? ya'll don't have any experince as a team, and i could've sworn willie williams was in the superbowl with the steelers 10 years ago?

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm certainly very proud of you for having all that Super Bowl experience. It may do you some good in the first 2-3 minutes, then again, it may not.

I see you decided to take the low and ignorant road and state that a QB's fragileness was actually a diabolical and planned move on our part. If you believe that, I've got some pretty good space alien comspiracy theories you might buy into.

Will you be here to eat the proverbial Kaopectate tomorrow night? I doubt it.

No, it was a freak accident. That's my point- don't expect another one...

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Now that's a statement for the ages. I guess you didn't realize the rich tradition in Pittsburgh. 4 rings with number 5 coming tomorrow. And Seattle has how many? Not to mention beating the Top 3 seeded teams on the road. 'Nuff talking with Seahawks fans. They've lost their minds today.
He may have lost his mind but he has a point, Super Bowls won when I was 10 are irrelevant to this game. Your beating the top 3 seeds in your conference might have some relevance on how to beat you, but again it matters little that you did because we aren't playing Cincinnati, Indianapolis, or Denver but you guys so that is all we care about at this point not history or other teams because niether enter into tomorrow's game except for the color announcers to have some fodder and last time I looked they aren't playing the game.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 07:20 PM
what does that have to do with anything? ya'll don't have any experince as a team, and i could've sworn willie williams was in the superbowl with the steelers 10 years ago?

PLEASE tell me Willie Williams is a key to your game plan tomorrow.

LOL!!!!

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 07:23 PM
No, it was a freak accident. That's my point- don't expect another one...

Who cares either way? Kitna is probably about Hass' equal in many books.

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 07:28 PM
fans of 2 teams who have never won it (I KNOW I KNOW, 26 YEARS AGO) are arguing over whether it will be a close game or not. I love it.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Who cares either way? Kitna is probably about Hass' equal in many books.

LOL!!!

Dude- Kitna broke onto the NFL with the Sehawks. I love the guy, but come on.

"Jon Kitna is a high school math teacher living a dream."

--Mike Holmgren

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 07:32 PM
LOL!!!

Dude- Kitna broke onto the NFL with the Sehawks. I love the guy, but come on.

"Jon Kitna is a high school math teacher living a dream."

--Mike Holmgren

Your first post...nice. Too bad Kitna plays in the bigs, and Hass plays AAA ball.

22 hours from now this exercise in futility ends.

jaysta
02-04-2006, 08:21 PM
He may have lost his mind but he has a point, Super Bowls won when I was 10 are irrelevant to this game. Your beating the top 3 seeds in your conference might have some relevance on how to beat you, but again it matters little that you did because we aren't playing Cincinnati, Indianapolis, or Denver but you guys so that is all we care about at this point not history or other teams because niether enter into tomorrow's game except for the color announcers to have some fodder and last time I looked they aren't playing the game.

You must not have read his quote, otherwise you'd understand why I wrote that. I know that they won those Super Bowls years ago, but they've at least been there since then and have playoff experience. Like I said before, 'nuff talking with Seattle fans. You guys are in our forum trying to make some sort of a point. The problem is that I don't think that Portland Hawks Fan even watches football. Maybe you don't either because quite honestly, not to take anything away from Seattle, but the three teams Pittsburgh beat in the Playoffs were stacked teams. Head to head they were all equal to or better than Seattle. Check the stats for yourself. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
You must not have read his quote, otherwise you'd understand why I wrote that. I know that they won those Super Bowls years ago, but they've at least been there since then and have playoff experience. Like I said before, 'nuff talking with Seattle fans. You guys are in our forum trying to make some sort of a point. The problem is that I don't think that Portland Hawks Fan even watches football. Maybe you don't either because quite honestly, not to take anything away from Seattle, but the three teams Pittsburgh beat in the Playoffs were stacked teams. Head to head they were all equal to or better than Seattle. Check the stats for yourself. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
Thank God they actually play the game because if you are foolish enough to think I can't go to NFL.com and put up reams of statistics well I feel sorry for you. Statistics tell a story but by no means all of it and most times not even the revelant parts of it. Anybody can tell you that statistics can be altered or used to make nearly any point or support any view that is why they play the game otherwise Indianapolis would be Superbowl champions tomorrow. Or better yet no upsets would ever happen the thing is though statistically we have the better team so why play the game we won already right?

jaysta
02-04-2006, 11:36 PM
statistically we have the better team so why play the game we won already right?

Right! :sofunny:

FisherMOM
02-04-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm nervous... Nervous and anxious!

I wore a Hines Jersey Thursday to work.. A Steelers tshirt yesterday,
and all day today, I wore Troy's Jersey.
Tomorrow.. it will be Jerome's Jersey.
I'll sleep in my Steelers Tshirt tonight, and be jittery until game time.

Hard to believe that in about 20 hours.. it will all be behind us!

:tt: HERE WE GO PITTSBURGH, HERE WE GO!!!! :tt:

pitt
02-05-2006, 12:08 AM
My nerves can't take much more of this waiting!

Rust-Buster
02-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah, I'm pent up, obessive and can't wait for the kickoff. First I was worried about the game, and the Art Gallery I belong to is doing a pre-game face-painting session for Hawk Fans, we had so many inquiries and a full-page spread in the paper, now I'm worried I'm going to be over-run with rapid fans. Gonna be an exciting day for sure.
Where's my Zantac?

marksashton
02-05-2006, 12:19 AM

As a Hawks fan I have to say that the feeling I get is the Hawks have absolutely nothing to lose, that they've been under-rated because of their soft schedule and they're quietly getting ready to kick Steeler posterior. They are TOTALLY together as a team. The pressure is on Pittsburgh.

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
As a Hawks fan I have to say that the feeling I get is the Hawks have absolutely nothing to lose, that they've been under-rated because of their soft schedule and they're quietly getting ready to kick Steeler posterior. They are TOTALLY together as a team. The pressure is on Pittsburgh.

the pressure aspect of it can be spun for either team. seattle will be the 1st team to bring home the lombardi to the city. seattle doesnt have the public support or backing that the steelers do. and seattle has the pressure of backing up stevens guarantee. by all accounts seattle should be here as the #1 seed and having the best record in the nfc. steelers were written off at 7-5 and were supposed to be eliminated 3, 2, and 1 week ago.

thats too bad denver didnt win 2 weeks ago or else you seattleites would have 100% of my support. actually its much better that pittsburgh won.

caligirlsteelerfan86
02-05-2006, 12:36 AM
I think I am more nervous because I am not that nervous. For some reason I was more nervous against the Colts and the Broncos than I am with this game. Its the SuperBowl...where are my nerves! Maybe its because I am just too excited to be nervous. I believe our boys will get the job done, they have proven it. Then I have a small voice that asks me, "when are they going to choke?" Not this year I say. My family back in Greensburg, PA don't seem nervous. Maybe because of all the rallies getting them all psyched up. But, I bet my Dad is laying in bed tonight trying his best to fall asleep, because he is nervous. Maybe thats why I am up reading and looking at pictures, trying to find some Steeler Fans to tell me we will win (even though I believe this). Guess, I am nervous, but too excited. Here We Go Steelers!

clevestinks
02-05-2006, 06:53 AM
I actually feel better today!
The hardest thing is being a fan, if we were actual players, I would want to make a play, or something. So just waiting sucks!

SuperSteelers
02-05-2006, 07:42 AM
I think I am more nervous because I am not that nervous. For some reason I was more nervous against the Colts and the Broncos than I am with this game. Its the SuperBowl...where are my nerves! Maybe its because I am just too excited to be nervous. I believe our boys will get the job done, they have proven it. Then I have a small voice that asks me, "when are they going to choke?" Not this year I say. My family back in Greensburg, PA don't seem nervous. Maybe because of all the rallies getting them all psyched up. But, I bet my Dad is laying in bed tonight trying his best to fall asleep, because he is nervous. Maybe thats why I am up reading and looking at pictures, trying to find some Steeler Fans to tell me we will win (even though I believe this). Guess, I am nervous, but too excited. Here We Go Steelers!

The Steelers could have choked in the Cincy game, then in the Indy game... and finally in the Denver game. It's too late for them to choke; they would have done that by now.

There's nothing wrong with being nervous.. that just affirms your loyaties to your team. That SeaChicken guy is wrong.. it doesn't mean you don't have faith.

Look for a "no contest" today... PIT 37 SEA 17.