PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Stars

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Anyone else watch this show? I've grown to be a big fan of it.
Weird to see all the history that is brought to them.

MACH1
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Yah, I watch it when I remember its on. Kinda cool, all the stuff they get in.

SteelCityMom
03-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, we try to watch it often. Big fans of it. Gotta love Chumlee!

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, we try to watch it often. Big fans of it. Gotta love Chumlee!
Him and the other dude seem a little too close to me. I think they're gay.

fansince'76
03-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Yep, I'm hooked. My favorite is the "Old Man," but Rick really knows his stuff about a lot of the off-the-wall stuff people bring into the shop. :thumbsup:

SteelerNation12
03-08-2010, 11:32 PM
He does know a lot. But he has a lot of experience. A long with the old man. Chumlee seems to be there for ratings. I believe Rick son, Hoss I believe? He is a lawyer.

OneForTheToe
03-09-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm hooked on this show as well. The show is dead without the old man. He is great. Only a loving father and grandfather can get away with continually calling his son and grandson an idiot.

I do think sometimes it is less than spontaneous. What I mean by that is from time to time people bring in items, or the producers get people to bring in items, that you know the pawn will not buy. The episode where the guy brought in the clump of gold coins from a shipwrecked Spanish treasure find. There was no way Rick was going to pay the amount asked for, which if I remember correctly was well over $100,000. I think it was brought in just because it was cool. Also, I wonder sometimes when Corey makes a purchase that his dad and the old man get riled up about, if they are really as surprised as they appear. Still, it is a great show.

SteelerNation12
03-09-2010, 01:20 AM
I remember when he paid like 30k for that Hot air balloon. The American Pickers show thats on after it, is good as well.

Venom
03-09-2010, 06:20 AM
I love the show also . If you look carefully at the opening credits , when Rick opens up the safe , you can see him grabbing a tray with a Patriots ring on it ( I dont dont if its a SuperBowl ring though ).:thumbsup:

fansince'76
03-09-2010, 08:09 AM
I love the show also . If you look carefully at the opening credits , when Rick opens up the safe , you can see him grabbing a tray with a Patriots ring on it ( I dont dont if its a SuperBowl ring though ).:thumbsup:

Yep, it is - it's on sale at their shop for $100K.

VIwpefmnQO0

MACH1
03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I remember when he paid like 30k for that Hot air balloon.

What the hell am I going to do with a balloon? :toofunny:

Did you see the one when a guy was trying to sell his stunt kite. And of course pugslee promptly flies it into a power pole "seeing if it works" before they buy. :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
03-09-2010, 02:23 PM

If I remember correctly in the NFL, if you win the Super Bowl almost everybody in the organization, from scouts to FO personnel get rings, which prbably leads to a lots of sold rings.

jjpro11
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
they had that Supermen ring on their show last night. right after i saw it i looked it up on Ebay and saw one was for sale.. it was at $100.. i clicked the link and it was at $200. today i checked and it's at $4k+ item number 330412141198. that seller has some crazy luck with the timing of the episode lol.

fansince'76
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
they had that Supermen ring on their show last night. right after i saw it i looked it up on Ebay and saw one was for sale.. it was at $100.. i clicked the link and it was at $200. today i checked and it's at $4k+ item number 330412141198. that seller has some crazy luck with the timing of the episode lol.

That ring was a rusted, beaten up piece of crap - I can't believe the guy trying to sell it wanted ten G's for it. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

I got a kick out of the foreign guy that got pissed and accused Rick of being full of shit when Rick told him his "rare 19th Century French sculpture" wasn't an original but a recasting done in the '40s or '50s. "See? It has 'Made in the U.S.A.' on it." :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

OneForTheToe
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I think my favorite episode was one where they bought the wine maker. I laughed my ass off when Chumlee was stomping the grapes. I can't believe they drank it, and the "old man' loved to boot, after Chumlee had his feet in it.

SteelerNation12
03-10-2010, 03:54 AM
What the hell am I going to do with a balloon? :toofunny:

Did you see the one when a guy was trying to sell his stunt kite. And of course pugslee promptly flies it into a power pole "seeing if it works" before they buy. :chuckle:
Yeah I did, figured if t would happen, flying a kite around power lines isn't a smart thing to do. He was even a big dude and couldn't control it :toofunny:

I wonder how much cash they make in a day. To just pay cash for high dollar things like its nothing.