PDA

View Full Version : So I have 2 Roethlisberger Jerseys hanging in my closet...

Mags87
03-09-2010, 03:07 AM
and there is a good chance that i will never put them on again. I expect much more from the face of the Pittsburgh Steelers than this considering the last one was Jerome Bettis. Anyone else regretting their jersey purchases? or looking for a cheap home and away #7? (last part is sarcastic but i am embarrassed to wear them right now)

JEFF4i
03-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Ah the court of public opinion. So you know he's guilty?

How about this, every single time you post I'm going to accuse you of something, whether you did it or not. Now, we're all just going to assume you are guilty, following your example.

I'm the first one to hate on blind obedience, but this man has yet to be found guilty of any crime, and you'd do well to remember that.

Galax Steeler
03-09-2010, 04:29 AM
and there is a good chance that i will never put them on again. I expect much more from the face of the Pittsburgh Steelers than this considering the last one was Jerome Bettis. Anyone else regretting their jersey purchases? or looking for a cheap home and away #7? (last part is sarcastic but i am embarrassed to wear them right now)

Why would you be embarrassed to wear your jersey. Ben has not been charged with anything. For all we know it may just be a gold digger wanting money. I would not be ashamed to wear it unless Ben is proven guilty.

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 06:40 AM

How about this, every single time you post I'm going to accuse you of something, whether you did it or not. Now, we're all just going to assume you are guilty, following your example.

I'm the first one to hate on blind obedience, but this man has yet to be found guilty of any crime, and you'd do well to remember that.

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

zulater
03-09-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't blame a Steeler fan who doesn't want to wear his Ben jersey until he proves he's innocent of felony sexual assualt. Yeah I know charges haven't been filed yet, and I really do hope Garland is right when he says none are forthcoming. But we all know the accusation is out there, and it's certainly not a stretch at this point to think there may be some truth to these allegations, so why in the world do I want to wear that jersey out in public right now? Particuarly for those of us who don't live in the Greater Pittsburgh area, you just don't want to put that bulls eye on your back.

Thank god my son's two best jerseys ( the official NFL product) are for Heath Miller and Troy Polamalu.

pete74
03-09-2010, 07:05 AM
I don't blame a Steeler fan who doesn't want to wear his Ben jersey until he proves he's innocent of felony sexual assualt. Yeah I know charges haven't been filed yet, and I really do hope Garland is right when he says none are forthcoming. But we all know the accusation is out there, and it's certainly not a stretch at this point to think there may be some truth to these allegations, so why in the world do I want to wear that jersey out in public right now? Particuarly for those of us who don't live in the Greater Pittsburgh area, you just don't want to put that bulls eye on your back.

Thank god my son's two best jerseys ( the official NFL product) are for Heath Miller and Troy Polamalu.

agreed

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 07:18 AM

Everyone is going to do what they feel is best for them under the circumstances, but at this point, with absolutely no evidence being put out on the public table, I simply feel people are trying and convicting the man prematurely and are - simply put - overreacting.

If I had a #7 jersey, I would have absolutely no problem sporting it. In fact, I saw several people wearing them yesterday afternoon when I was out and about.

Rick5895
03-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I have a Ben jersey, it will be destined at some point for a shadow box and put on the wall as will my other jerseys.
This whole deal is more than charges being filed, it is Ben's really poor decisions, guilty or not, criminal or not and the bad press it brings not only him but the team as well. YOu would think after the Nevada allegation and civil suit pending he would be more cautious. This allegation and Ben putting himself in a situation for this to happen can only create him more problems with the civil suit and in his future. Good luck Ben , I think you are going to need it.

BTW, you should never feel ashamed to wear the black and gold if you are a true die hard fan, regardless of the number on it!!!!!!!!!!!

atlsteelers
03-09-2010, 08:48 AM
You could always change Roethlisberger to Moron on the jersey. Regardless of his guilt he has proven over and over to be an idiot.

vasteeler
03-09-2010, 09:16 AM

WHY ? whats he GUILTY of?

M.C. Smith
03-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I actually wore my Roethlisbergerger jersey yesterday, and I was not ashamed to do so. For me, being a fan means supporting your team and favorite players no matter what the circumstances may be.

supa_fly_steeler
03-09-2010, 09:25 AM

:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Post of the Month lol

Texasteel
03-09-2010, 09:32 AM

Thanks JEFF, you saved me a lot of writing.

Carolina Steelers
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
WHY ? whats he GUILTY of?

He's guilty of stupidity!! I know he may not be guilty but allegations twice in a yr. This is not the Steelers way. He has every right to go out and have a good time but why not pick a better club or have better judgement he's in a college town, he's been out of college for like 6 yrs now move on pick a better night spot with maybe more mature women like over 25. Being the face of the franchise he should not be in this situation twice in a yr.

Godfather
03-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I have a Ben jersey. I'll reserve judgement until we see how this plays out. The Nevada allegation has been proven bogus thanks to McNutty's emails and online chats so we can just ignore it.

tony hipchest
03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/FURBURGLAR.jpg

SteelerEmpire
03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Ha Ha... ANY Steeler's Jersey, shirt, or "anything" Steeler is going to provoke at least a thought of this Big Ben controversy... if not a comment ...

vasteeler
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
He's guilty of stupidity!! I know he may not be guilty but allegations twice in a yr. This is not the Steelers way. He has every right to go out and have a good time but why not pick a better club or have better judgement he's in a college town, he's been out of college for like 6 yrs now move on pick a better night spot with maybe more mature women like over 25. Being the face of the franchise he should not be in this situation twice in a yr.

hey ive been guilty of that myself, it doesnt make me a criminal though

steelreserve
03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll probably wait until all this nonsense dies down, anyway. No, it's not that OMG, I'm judging him in the court of public opinion and OMG, how can I call myself a Steelers fan if I'm judging him and he hasn't been proven guilty.

More like, other people are judging him in the court of public opinion, and I'm not particularly interested in listening to their bullshit.

Fine, I'm OK just wearing my Ward jersey for now instead of inviting a bunch of dumb comments. It's too bad I can't wear the Polamalu jersey anymore. I wore it for three games last year, and every time, he got injured. So just like Tom Brady, that thing's not leaving the closet.

zulater
03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Everyone is going to do what they feel is best for them under the circumstances, but at this point, with absolutely no evidence being put out on the public table, I simply feel people are trying and convicting the man prematurely and are - simply put - overreacting.

No evidence? Geez what do you think's occupying the time of all those investigaters down in Ga. right now?

If I had a #7 jersey, I would have absolutely no problem sporting it. In fact, I saw several people wearing them yesterday afternoon when I was out and about.

I wouldn't wear his jersey today if you paid me.

I reserve some hope that Ben will extract himself out of this mess with his Steelers career intact. But I'm furious that he's brought this sort of stain to the orginization to begin with. Too many cases of egreciously bad judgement on his part for me to wear his number loudly and proudly right now and possibly forever more.

steelreserve
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM

I reserve some hope that Ben will extract himself out of this mess with his Steelers career intact. But I'm furious that he's brought this sort of stain to the orginization to begin with. Too many cases of egreciously bad judgement on his part for me to wear his number loudly and proudly right now and possibly forever more.

I think you've hit it right on the head for a lot of people. Regardless of what happens on the field, or what the legal system spits out, Ben's public image is now that of a drunk, obnoxious frat boy who can't keep his dick in his pants.

I don't know whether that's because people are too judgmental, or they're leaping to conclusions, or whether the reputation is deserved. It really doesn't matter. If I come out boldly wearing his stuff as if nothing happened, people are either going to associate me with obnoxious drunken frat boy behavior, or think I'm an oblivious moron. Doesn't mean I'm personally judging Ben guilty, but no thanks to both of those.

OX1947
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
What sucks is mine is authentic black and it was 300 bones. Got it as a birthday present from the lady. Looks like my Lamar Woodley and Polamalu jersey are going to have to suffice.

steelerdude15
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd wear those jerseys everyday and tell people to blow me if they have a problem. :wave:

6Xsteel
03-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I have been a Steeler fan for over 30 years and I am worried about our quarterback but I am also not someone who jumps to conclusions. Let this thing play out and then we all can make a decision at that time. Don't judge Ben before the facts come out.

zulater
03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd wear those jerseys everyday and tell people to blow me if they have a problem. :wave:

Well in your case I guess the shoe ( er jersey) does fit. Sounds like a call straight out of Big Ben's personal playbook...

:chuckle:

steelerdude15
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Well in your case I guess the shoe ( er jersey) does fit. Sounds like a call straight out of Big Ben's personal playbook...
:toofunny:

Mags87
03-09-2010, 02:22 PM

This is what i was talking about. also, i did say that i MAY not wear them again. i have no idea if he did anything to that girl. but i do know that one of my favorite sports figure (if not celebrity) has gotten into two ridiculous situations that really damaged my image of him.

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM

What's occupying the investigator's time? INVESTIGATING which is more than collecting DNA samples. DUH. :doh: Still hasn't been a shard of evidence put on the public guillotine, ummmm, I mean table.

Hey - if you want to pronounce him guilty pre-facto and not wear his jersey, that's your right. I much prefer to wait until all of the evidence is out there before I pass judgment on him, just as I do any other average Jane or Joe.

If he's found guilty of sexual assault because he simply grabbed a handful of ass cheek, then I hope Ben saves me a seat on the Haydes Express as I'm guilty of sexual assault for grabbing a man's ass or two (or three) in my lifetime and maybe we can carpool together on the way down. :couch: :wink:

zulater
03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
What's occupying the investigator's time? INVESTIGATING which is more than collecting DNA samples. DUH. :doh: Still hasn't been a shard of evidence put on the public guillotine, ummmm, I mean table.

Hey - if you want to pronounce him guilty pre-facto and not wear his jersey, that's your right. I much prefer to wait until all of the evidence is out there before I pass judgment on him, just as I do any other average Jane or Joe.

If he's found guilty of sexual assault because he simply grabbed a handful of ass cheek, then I hope Ben saves me a seat on the Haydes Express as I'm guilty of sexual assault for grabbing a man's ass or two (or three) in my lifetime and maybe we can carpool together on the way down. :couch: :wink:

When did I pronounce him guilty?

I have some doubt as to his innocence, no question. But never once have i said he's guilty of criminal conduct.

steelreserve
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM

I don't think that deciding not to wear Ben's jersey has anything to do with judging him guilty. It has a lot to do with not wanting to put up with other people's shit.

Fact is, like it or not, a lot of people out there DO have a negative impression of Ben, and there are varying degrees of "judgment" that each of them go to. Add in the fact that "rape" and "sexual assault" have such a flash-powder effect, and it's an added drag. Really, the LAST thing I want is to be sitting there drinking a beer, and then some dipshit feminist comes up clucking and squawking at me over a goddamn sports jersey. Those idiots are already enough of a migraine to deal with under normal circumstances if you're unfortunate enough to have to deal with them.

I mean, that may not necessarily apply to the guy who posted that, I'm just saying in general, or in my own particular case, that's a big part of it.

SteelersinCA
03-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Ben doesn't have to prove a damn thing. Innocent until proven guilty.

stlrtruck
03-09-2010, 04:27 PM

While I don't condone Ben's actions, I'll be more than happy to take those two jerseys off your hands and put them to good use.

Prok
03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
While I don't condone Ben's actions, I'll be more than happy to take those two jerseys off your hands and put them to good use.

Was gonna say send me the jersey's. i'll take em'.

:drink:

smokin3000gt
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
You could always change Roethlisberger to Moron on the jersey. Regardless of his guilt he has proven over and over to be an idiot.

Ben and the rest of us should aspire to be someone like you. You truly are the perfect specimen.

zulater
03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Ben doesn't have to prove a damn thing. Innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah and he also doesn't have to have National endorsment deals with Footlocker either.

And Ben very well might have to prove he's innocent if charges are levied against him. I'm predicting a not guilty verdict wont sway the Rooney's if Ben gets off on a technicality. I think they'll want to be comfortable that their qb is in fact innocent. So you couldn't be more wrong. Ben establishing innocence is essential to his future in the NFL.

SteelersGirlTN7
03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
You know, I just heard about this whole story today... I've been really busy and not living near Pittsburgh, I don't really hear the news 24-7. Steelers fan or not, the very first thought that popped into my head today (knowing how well the last accuser's story went over) was that wow, someone may have figured out how to get it right this time. They took a lesson from the last woman. What I mean is, her story didn't stick. She waited for a year to report it. This time, something happened, whatever it was, and she saw her chance but she knew she had to report it right away. In a nightclub? Really? Surrounded by a large number of other people? I'm not saying he did or didn't do it but I'm not going to be so quick to jump to conclusions. For all we know, Ben may be only guilty of bad judgment and just needs to learn to quit putting himself in these situations where this can even happen to begin with. But he deserves to live his life too. I'm just going to reserve my opinion until this plays out.

fordfan485
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I've also been thinking about never wearing my number 7 jersey again depending on this pans out, certainly wont be wearing it any time soon. Of course it is too big for me (its a L should have gotten a M) so thats half the reason i wouldnt wear it anytime soon. So if anyone wants a home jersey shoot me a PM and make an offer, its in great condition.

Prok
03-09-2010, 07:46 PM
You know, I just heard about this whole story today... I've been really busy and not living near Pittsburgh, I don't really hear the news 24-7. Steelers fan or not, the very first thought that popped into my head today (knowing how well the last accuser's story went over) was that wow, someone may have figured out how to get it right this time. They took a lesson from the last woman. What I mean is, her story didn't stick. She waited for a year to report it. This time, something happened, whatever it was, and she saw her chance but she knew she had to report it right away. In a nightclub? Really? Surrounded by a large number of other people? I'm not saying he did or didn't do it but I'm not going to be so quick to jump to conclusions. For all we know, Ben may be only guilty of bad judgment and just needs to learn to quit putting himself in these situations where this can even happen to begin with. But he deserves to live his life too. I'm just going to reserve my opinion until this plays out.

Holy hell. There is absolutely nothing any of us can say or do to prepare you for the range of emotions you will be going through the next 48 hours or so....

I'm speaking from personal experience of course... I'm still all atwitter. lol

Northside Jonny
03-09-2010, 08:45 PM

I'm sorry but that is just plain BS. I mean did you stop wearing the jersey when Ben faced the first case? Now all the sudden your high and mighty Steeler fan? I must say I would regret a Ray "Murderer "Caruth or even a Donte " I got off easier than 95% of society" Stallworth jersey (whom I don't believe should be aloud back in the NFL). I must say your lack of confidence in Ben is killing me the guy has always been a class act on the field, not to mention one hell of a player. You could at least wait and see if he is even charged with a crime before you turn your back on one of the best Steeler QB's of all time!

Here is a little advice buddy if you want a jersey of a guy you can be proud to wear here are a few names I suggest you go buy. Polamalu, Ward, A. Smith, Hampton,
Go get one of those guys and wear it around so you can feel better about yourself because of something that another man did. Or you could just stop buying jerseys!

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah and he also doesn't have to have National endorsment deals with Footlocker either.

And Ben very well might have to prove he's innocent if charges are levied against him. I'm predicting a not guilty verdict wont sway the Rooney's if Ben gets off on a technicality. I think they'll want to be comfortable that their qb is in fact innocent. So you couldn't be more wrong. Ben establishing innocence is essential to his future in the NFL.

The burden of proof isn't on Ben. It's on the supposed victim and the DA to present the facts and the "evidence".

Give It To Abercrombie
03-09-2010, 09:21 PM
For those out there who only read the parts of a post they want to read, I will employ an annoying technique to make my point.....

****** I don't know if he is guilty or innocent and I am not judging him on guilt or innocence *******

I am a bit embarrassed at the moment. Not because of whether or not he is guilty but that he doesn't seem to get it.

****** I don't know if he is guilty or innocent and I am not judging him on guilt or innocence *******

I don't own a Ben jersey. But my 5 year old daughter does. Even if he is innocent in both cases (which he probably is) I will have a hard time hearing her shout "Go Ben" when I think of him as someone with poor judgment.

THAT is where he losses in all of this. Don't give me any bullshit saying I am not a loyal fan or hardcore enough to tell someone to blow me if they rag on my team's quarterback. That has zero to do with it for my particular circumstance. I don't have the luxury of saying 'aw to hell with it, he's a good player and he's probably innocent so oh well...Yeah Ben!' While not assuming he is guilty I plan to elicit a few more "Go Steelers" instead of "Go Ben" yells from the kids. I'm not interested in gambling their allegiance. He didn't lose me based on my fanhood, he lost me based on my fatherhood. I would completely understand if someone said I am setting a bad example by saying he is being punished when he may well be innocent. I would disagree, but I would understand. I would suggest that the example being set is that all of your actions have consequences. Even if you don't do something wrong, you can still get in hot water if you don't have your head screwed on straight and see what is going on around you or what could happen. Know your surroundings, understand the pitfalls and traps you may be walking into and avoid them.

This is where I feel better about my overall view of the Steelers, players come and go, it's all about the organization. These guys are human, they all screw up from time to time, just to varying degrees. I suppose I need to reflect that philosophy better by getting the stuff that only says Steelers, not names and numbers.

To anyone that agrees with me ...... :drink:

To anyone that doesn't agree ......... :drink:

Just my two cents, everyone has a different perspective and no one is wrong, we just disagree.

SteelersinCA
03-10-2010, 02:23 AM
I couldn't agree more. I have a #7 jersey that I will probably never wear again. It has nothing to do with whether he is guilty or innocent of this. He has established a solid reputation as poor decision maker. There are plenty of other players on the team that I will feel comfortable wearing on my back. I don't support that type of behavior and I won't wear the jersey of someone who does. I won't advertise for that type of behavior. That being said I hope he leads us to plenty of Super Bowls if he's innocent. I don't care what you do off the field as long as it isn't criminal, but that doesn't mean I have to like you as a person. I don't like Ben as a person and I can't see wearing the jersey of someone I don't like.

SteelersinCA
03-10-2010, 02:47 AM

I could not care less of his future in the NFL if the Rooney's decide to get rid of him. That being said there is no such thing as getting off on a technicality, the state either proves your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt or they do not. Those are the only two options, there is no option for technicality. If the Rooney's feel he is guilty a court of law has no power over them to keep the guy. I'm guessing they will make a decision long before trial on whether to keep him. You don't gamble 100 million dollars on a jury. They have a business to run. If Ben goes to trial it won't be as a Steeler.

zulater
03-10-2010, 07:03 AM
I could not care less of his future in the NFL if the Rooney's decide to get rid of him. That being said there is no such thing as getting off on a technicality, the state either proves your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt or they do not.

Bullshit, criminals get off all the time on technicalities. I'm just saying Ben could potentially get off because of some procedial error in logging in evidence or something along those lines. But if that evidence was damning and out there for public consumption while Ben might walk free because of it, it wouldn't be enough to save his career imo. I think if formal felony charges are made against him Ben will have to prove his innocence to be viable as a NFL quarterback going foward.

Those are the only two options, there is no option for technicality. If the Rooney's feel he is guilty a court of law has no power over them to keep the guy. I'm guessing they will make a decision long before trial on whether to keep him. You don't gamble 100 million dollars on a jury. They have a business to run. If Ben goes to trial it won't be as a Steeler.

Well geez aren't we saying pretty much the same thing now? :noidea:

zulater
03-10-2010, 07:08 AM
The burden of proof isn't on Ben. It's on the supposed victim and the DA to present the facts and the "evidence".

Oh I disagree. If, and only if felony charges are filed against Ben, then from that point on Ben will have to prove he's innocent of felony sexual assualt beyond a reasonable doubt in order to continue on as an NFL qb imo. Just being acquitted wont be enough, he has to come out looking innocent as opposed to the bare standard of not guilty.

HometownGal
03-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh I disagree. If, and only if felony charges are filed against Ben, then from that point on Ben will have to prove he's innocent of felony sexual assualt beyond a reasonable doubt in order to continue on as an NFL qb imo. Just being acquitted wont be enough, he has to come out looking innocent as opposed to the bare standard of not guilty.

I'm talking as far as a court of law is concerned. In that scenario - again - the burden of proof is on the alleged "victim" and the DA, not Ben and his attorney. The evidence must support the charges and if it goes to a jury trial, the jury must convict him based on that evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

As for the NFL - rotting flesh like Stabbit Ray, Michael Vick, Donte Stallworth and a whole host of others over the years have had their reputations severely tarnished because of "errors in judgment" and are playing in the NFL. If Ben is found guilty, I can almost guarantee you he won't remain a Steeler, but he will play somewhere else.

plenewken
03-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm talking as far as a court of law is concerned. In that scenario - again - the burden of proof is on the alleged "victim" and the DA, not Ben and his attorney. The evidence must support the charges and if it goes to a jury trial, the jury must convict him based on that evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

As for the NFL - rotting flesh like Stabbit Ray, Michael Vick, Donte Stallworth and a whole host of others over the years have had their reputations severely tarnished because of "errors in judgment" and are playing in the NFL. If Ben is found guilty, I can almost guarantee you he won't remain a Steeler, but he will play somewhere else.

The victim has pressed charges against Ben for sexual assault. As it appears that Ben is gonna be asked to provide a DNA sample, it means that DNA has been collected from the victim at the hospital and the DA needs to determine who this DNA belongs to by matching samples.
If it belongs to Ben, then obviously there will be no doubt that Ben engaged in a sexual act with his accuser. The only piece remaining will be to determine if sex was consensual or forced but at this point, Ben's credibility will have already taken a very serious blow.
It wouldn't surprise me that the Steelers decide to act as soon as the result of the DNA analysis are known.

SteelerFanInStl
03-10-2010, 09:02 AM
The victim has pressed charges against Ben for sexual assault. As it appears that Ben is gonna be asked to provide a DNA sample, it means that DNA has been collected from the victim at the hospital and the DA needs to determine who this DNA belongs to by matching samples.
If it belongs to Ben, then obviously there will be no doubt that Ben engaged in a sexual act with his accuser. The only piece remaining will be to determine if sex was consensual or forced but at this point, Ben's credibility will have already taken a very serious blow.
It wouldn't surprise me that the Steelers decide to act as soon as the result of the DNA analysis are known.

No, the victim has made an accusation. It's up to the local police and DA to determine if there's enough evidence to file charges.

So, according to you, if Ben has consensual sex with a woman, he has dealt a 'serious blow to his credibility?' :toofunny: I guess that he should just become a priest then.

One thing that a LOT of people on this forum seem to keep forgetting is that there has been no allegation of rape here. The police have even said that this is not a rape accusation.

plenewken
03-10-2010, 09:22 AM
No, the victim has made an accusation. It's up to the local police and DA to determine if there's enough evidence to file charges.

So, according to you, if Ben has consensual sex with a woman, he has dealt a 'serious blow to his credibility?' :toofunny: I guess that he should just become a priest then.

One thing that a LOT of people on this forum seem to keep forgetting is that there has been no allegation of rape here. The police have even said that this is not a rape accusation.

Sorry but the victim has to formally press charges of sexual assault for police to investigate the matter. "Accusing" doesn't exist in law. It's either press charge or nothing. Then it's up to the DA to file charges or drop the case.

As for Ben's credibility, banging (or exposing himself or whatever happened) a 20yo broad in the bathroom of a nightclub, when the broad pressed charges for sexual assault and consensual sex comes as a defense against the charge ain't gonna help the image of a $100 franchise QB.
You don't seem to know the Rooneys very well.

Who talked about rape here? Sexual assault and rape are 2 different things.

Mags87
03-10-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry but that is just plain BS. I mean did you stop wearing the jersey when Ben faced the first case? Now all the sudden your high and mighty Steeler fan? I must say I would regret a Ray "Murderer "Caruth or even a Donte " I got off easier than 95% of society" Stallworth jersey (whom I don't believe should be aloud back in the NFL). I must say your lack of confidence in Ben is killing me the guy has always been a class act on the field, not to mention one hell of a player. You could at least wait and see if he is even charged with a crime before you turn your back on one of the best Steeler QB's of all time!

Here is a little advice buddy if you want a jersey of a guy you can be proud to wear here are a few names I suggest you go buy. Polamalu, Ward, A. Smith, Hampton,
Go get one of those guys and wear it around so you can feel better about yourself because of something that another man did. Or you could just stop buying jerseys!

yes i also proudly own a #43 and a #36 jersey. as for the first time this happened, i think everyone can agree that one stunk of false from the beginning. the fact that there is SECOND time around is the part that stinks this time.

i held Ben in the highest regard since he started playing for us, and now that image is damaged. that is what this whole thread is about to me.

MACH1
03-10-2010, 10:10 AM

I have a kordell jersey tucked away in my closet I'll trade ya.

SteelerEmpire
03-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Well. In my area. It seems like I'm seeing more Steelers (including Big Ben) Jerseys, shirts and car emblems than normal...

zulater
03-10-2010, 10:27 AM

Too bad the Steelers aren't like PSU where they don't put the names on the back of the jersey. then your ten would be a Santonio Holmes jersey. :chuckle:

SteelMember
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM

Kordell in the closet... no suprise there. :wink02: :chuckle:

and "tucked" no less.

SteelersinCA
03-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Kordell in the closet... no suprise there. :wink02: :chuckle:

and "tucked" no less.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:toofunny:

steelreserve
03-10-2010, 01:02 PM
yes i also proudly own a #43 and a #36 jersey. as for the first time this happened, i think everyone can agree that one stunk of false from the beginning. the fact that there is SECOND time around is the part that stinks this time.

i held Ben in the highest regard since he started playing for us, and now that image is damaged. that is what this whole thread is about to me.

Exactly. Some people are still clinging to the mistaken notion that PR and the criminal justice system are the same thing. Their reasoning goes something like, "Ben hasn't been convicted of anything in court -- therefore, his reputation is the same as it always was."

Well ... no. Truth is, Ben has a pretty widespread reputation as a dumbass, whether you like it or not. He could walk away completely clean from both the civil and the criminal case, and he'd still have a reputation as a dumbass. Acknowledging the reality of that does not make you some kind of backstabbing bandwagon idiot. Certain people need to get a goddamn clue about that and understand that we are talking about two completely different things.

Northside Jonny
03-10-2010, 01:13 PM

I will agree with you, only when and if he is charged with a crime regardless of the outcome.

Northside Jonny
03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Exactly. Some people are still clinging to the mistaken notion that PR and the criminal justice system are the same thing. Their reasoning goes something like, "Ben hasn't been convicted of anything in court -- therefore, his reputation is the same as it always was."

Well ... no. Truth is, Ben has a pretty widespread reputation as a dumbass, whether you like it or not. He could walk away completely clean from both the civil and the criminal case, and he'd still have a reputation as a dumbass. Acknowledging the reality of that does not make you some kind of backstabbing bandwagon idiot. Certain people need to get a goddamn clue about that and understand that we are talking about two completely different things.

I guess thats what we get for dealing with an Ohio native! LOL
Before we get all sensative half my family lives in Ohio.

beer72
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
When will this sh*t ever end. Where the guilt...people amaze me

stb_steeler
03-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Its not always gonna be a question of his guilt, but the fact of reputation, the team name ect. It would be alot harder for him to prove his innocence than to prove his guilt. I get so tired of people coming up to me acting as if they finally have some dirt on the Steelers, then rubbing it in to the point where ass whoppin's gonna happen. This is gonna leave a scar reguardless of the outcome, and we as Steeler fans arent used to it !!