PDA

View Full Version : With the signing of Randle El, what's that mean for Stefan Logan?

fat4jc
03-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I've seen alot of people think that means Logan is gone, to me that sounds like nonsense. Anyone who watched the Redskins last year saw Randle El as a return guy. :banging: What do you think?

Shoes
03-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Randel zig- zags sideline to sideline instead of heading for the endzone. I think Logan will be on the team in 2010.

steelcity1974
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Logan set the Steelers kickoff return yardage record last year, so I think he still has a spot on the team. Randle El is a punt return guy, so no conflict there. I think Randle El will be better utilized in Pittsburgh...I see him as our #4 receiver, dump off slot guy...and possibly in the backfield for pitches and quick passes.....and obviously the trick play. Logan needs to develop more on special teams coverage because I think that and kickoff returns are his only positions on the team....unless we decide to go 5 wide. But I think he still has a roster spot even with Randle El. Hopefully this means we will dump Sweed.

M.C. Smith
03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Logan will still be our return man, he is young and has a bright future ahead. Randle El will most likely be utilized as a wide receiver.

Sharkissle29
03-09-2010, 09:35 AM
i think ARE is a system WR if that makes sense

for some reason when he signed with the redskins i didnt think he would be very good. i think we are very smart and know exactly how to get the most out of him. i like that he is back and think he will be utilized more effectively on our roster.

Rick5895
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Logan, although small is also a RB. A position he played very well in the CFL. Kind of reminds me of Sproles.

fansince'76
03-09-2010, 10:18 AM
ARE is gonna be our QB once Ben gets cut. Did you see that pass in SB XL? :chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
03-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Logan, although small is also a RB. A position he played very well in the CFL. Kind of reminds me of Sproles.

Yea. I think there was some "semblance" of a rumor that Logan will get some action in the backfield... which he has proven he can handle... at least for the former teams he's played for... I understand he did pretty well as a RB...

Shoes
03-09-2010, 10:25 AM
ARE is gonna be our QB once Ben gets cut. Did you see that pass in SB XL? :chuckle:

:chuckle::chuckle:

.....and we can resurrect T. Bradshaw for a backup :chuckle:

steelpride12
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Logan was a beast last season on the kick off returns even though he didn't take any to the endzone he gave the Steelers excellent field position and believe me will continue his roll in the return game next season.
ARE is more of a slot reciever who still has a little quickness in him to get open and the Steelers will use that to their advantage.

You think another reason he was brought in was to re utilize the gadget plays the Steelers used to use often?

Northside Jonny
03-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Logan has nothing to worry about . All this means is goodbye Sweed.

MACH1
03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Logan will be on the team. He did a pretty good job last year.

Training camp is still to come and people still have to earn roster spots.

steelreserve
03-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Logan has nothing to worry about . All this means is goodbye Sweed.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Guess we've made up our minds on that one.

I am also glad that we have, like ... 20 guys who can return kicks now, as opposed to Russell and Davis two years ago.

vasteeler
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
This is exactly what I was going to say. Guess we've made up our minds on that one.

I am also glad that we have, like ... 20 guys who can return kicks now, as opposed to Russell and Davis two years ago.

is it bad that sometimes i catch myself staring at your avitar

......did i just type that out loud

Northside Jonny
03-09-2010, 11:52 AM

:drooling::jerkit::drool: LOL I get distracted by the chest myself.

Steely McSmash
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
My thoughts:

Logan was practicing at WR last camp (not RB) and saw some action in some bunch formations.

He's been the gunner on kickoffs

I think he's always going to be a little on the fence until he can legitmately backup another position. If somebody can do his job then he's at risk.

the ARE pickup puts Sweed and Grisham on notice. ARE and Wallage are 3 and 3a depending on the situation. Grisham vs Battle for ST WR Ace is how I see this shaping up.

XxKnightxX
03-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I wouldnt necessarily count out Sweed just yet, isn Santonio on the last year of his contract? Has he gotten and extension?

Vincent
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM

He has his off season training goals laid out - gain 50 pounds and 7 inches.

fansince'76
03-09-2010, 12:36 PM
He has his off season training goals laid out - gain 50 pounds and 7 inches.

Wildcat, baby, WILDCAT! :chuckle:

WeegiesWarriors
03-09-2010, 05:02 PM

To show how sick I am I could watch that all day long. :popcorn:
that and the one where the girl unzips her coat and...

To add something constructive to this discussion so I don't feel like such perv: Logan has/will have an entire year at an NFL facility to train and get stronger. He'll be coming in knowing what he needs to do. Something he didn't have last year. That does make a difference.

Borski
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm more concerned on what this means for Mike Wallace? I'm a Randell El fan, but I would much rather have Wallace in at the #3 spot. and I don't see ARE going to #4

Prok
03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm more concerned on what this means for Mike Wallace? I'm a Randell El fan, but I would much rather have Wallace in at the #3 spot. and I don't see ARE going to #4

I consider this a good problem for the Steelers to have. In fact, it's the kind of problem EVERY team would love to have. Ya can never have enough talented play-makers on your team. I truly consider us fortunate to have this kind of decision to make.

I feel alot better about this team than I did 24 hours ago. And we haven't even hit the draft yet.

This FO and CS actually used FA as a tool to improve the team. If I could ask for one more FA move or trade, it would be to shore up or improve the CB position so we're not forced to take CB at such and such round just because of need.

rich4eagle
03-09-2010, 05:43 PM

I do not think El was signed to challenge Wallace. More to challenge Logan and Sweed.

My guess is Logan is on a bubble...........

his returns last year were not things of lasting memory:tt04::tt03::tt::drink:

Psyychoward86
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
his returns last year were not things of lasting memory:tt04::tt03::tt::drink:

meh yeah, only 3rd in the league in yards per kick return and franchise record holder for return yards, nbd :rolleyes:

I dont see the conflict here, ARE is a punt returner and Logan is a kick returner. And then we have Wallace. All of a sudden we have depth in the return game :jawdrop:

The only disappointing thing about signing Battle and ARE for all of us is that probably means Sweed didnt pan out ugh....

Preacher
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I am VERY intrigued with ARE coming back.

I don't think he will replace Logan, but the depth at WR is unbelievable at this point.

In all truth, Sweed will be fighting with Arnaz Battle for 5TH SPOT on our WR depth chart :jawdrop:

Prok
03-09-2010, 07:05 PM
meh yeah, only 3rd in the league in yards per kick return and franchise record holder for return yards, nbd :rolleyes:

I dont see the conflict here, ARE is a punt returner and Logan is a kick returner. And then we have Wallace. All of a sudden we have depth in the return game :jawdrop:

The only disappointing thing about signing Battle and ARE for all of us is that probably means Sweed didnt pan out ugh....

Not disappointing at all imo. Every team has misses in the draft. In my view it just proves that the team has recognized it in a timely manner and made proper moves to ensure the team overcomes the miss.

I find it hard to worry too much over Sweed making it or not after this move.

HometownGal
03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Randel zig- zags sideline to sideline instead of heading for the endzone. I think Logan will be on the team in 2010.

I agree. With better ST's this year, hopefully, I'd bet my bippy Stefan gets to the EZ several times. :thumbsup:

We'll see El on some returns, I'm sure, but most likely more as a #4 receiver and in some trick plays.

Nothing wrong with having a 2 headed monster on returns. :applaudit:

Chidi29
03-09-2010, 07:24 PM
We're not going to carry seven WRs (Counting Logan). We only carried six last year and only five dressed each game. Ward, Holmes, and Wallace are obviously locks. I think Battle has a strong shot since he seems like a special teams ace.

I don't see us carrying two return guys who would do little else than be return men. Logan has been better than ARE in return duty statisitcally, but Logan had some issues with punt returns and never seemed to have full trust of the team. If we really intend on keeping ARE and Logan, then Randle El has to be our #4. Which would mean Limas would get the axe.

If I had to guess, our group would look like this next year.

Ward
Holmes
Wallace
Randle El
Logan
Grisham (PS)
London? (PS)

The one bad thing about cutting Sweed is that we don't have a backup split end or flanker (Whichever it is) for Holmes. I can't see Randle El being successful there; he wasn't with Washington.

KeiselPower99
03-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Logan will be the KR this year El will be the PR and I wouldnt be suprised in seeing more Logan in the backfield since the dude is super fast.