PDA

View Full Version : So what does Arians do if Ben...

xbroughneck
03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
...gets suspended? I was just listening to Colin and Steven A Smith discuss the Big Ben situation and they both were of the opinion that even if Ben is found innocent, because he's put this negative light on the NFL he should probably still get a suspension.

Steve said 4 games.

So, if Big Ben were to miss the first 4 games of the season, what would that mean for the Steelers offense? Does anyone really think Dixon or Charlie Batch, or ANY free agent QB can come in and run Arians offense the way Ben does it?

I'm just posting this as a topic of discussion. I don't think Arians is a good situational coach, so it wouldn't surprise me if he were to call the game exactly like he does with Ben and expect the same results.

Do you think Arians can make our offense good enough to produce for 4 games without Ben being back there?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
He would have to pare things down for either Batch or Dixon and rely on the defense and running game. :sofunny:

pete74
03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
if he is found completly innocent he better not be suspended

deweybeachde
03-09-2010, 12:40 PM
What's Byron Leftwich doing these days

steelcity1974
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Dixon would get a lot more snaps and playing time in preseason to help him prepare. He would get a bigger playbook for those games because he'd be more prepared...remember in the Ravens game last year, they didn't know Ben wasn't playing until Saturday I think....and Dixon still did a nice job. If they find out now that Dixon is the starter the first 4 games, he will be plenty prepared. Hope it doesn't come to that obvoiusly.

CorpseLW
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
My daily question for Steelers' offense is, "what does Arians do next?"

JPbucco
03-09-2010, 12:52 PM
What's Byron Leftwich doing these days

Still on Tampa roster....could be had for a 4th or 5th rounder I would guess.

vrabinec
03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
You have the audacity to ask what he'd do? How dare you question the man who sweeps the fleet footed Mewelde Moore on 3rd and 3? The genius who knows the opponent is stacking the line on third and one so he goes to the empty backfield and throws it instead? The master of the red zone sleight of hand that gives us the Carey Davis sweep from the two? The five man blocking scheme against the blitzing Eagles? You dare to question this beautiful mind? I'll tell you what he'll do, he'll dazzle you.

Vincent
03-09-2010, 01:34 PM
if he is found completly innocent he better not be suspended

Why would they be asking for a DNA sample?

steelpride12
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Oh I forgot Ben was convicted sentenced, and suspended all season long(Insert Sarcastic Smiley)! These threads will pop up all the time while this investigation continues.

Prok
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
You have the audacity to ask what he'd do? How dare you question the man who sweeps the fleet footed Mewelde Moore on 3rd and 3? The genius who knows the opponent is stacking the line on third and one so he goes to the empty backfield and throws it instead? The master of the red zone sleight of hand that gives us the Carey Davis sweep from the two? The five man blocking scheme against the blitzing Eagles? You dare to question this beautiful mind? I'll tell you what he'll do, he'll dazzle you.

Oh goodie. Is this gonna turn into another Arians bash fest ??

:popcorn:

zulater
03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Since Bruce Arians name came up, the one thing that I wonder, if the rumor's that Ben saved BA's job has any truth to it, how much did that go towards where Ben is at today? What I'm suggesting is that if Ben is a guy who has had too big a sense of entitlement issues brewing from within for some time, how much of the trouble stems from the Steelers being enablers?

Sometimes I get the sense that the Steelers have let Ben run amok since Cowher walked out the door. Nothing against Tomlin, but it just seems as if everone in the orginization has bent over backwards to see to it that Sir Ben has things his way. If the rumor he saved BA's job is true, maybe that was the final straw in creating the monster that reared it's ugly head last Thursday, so to speak?

Regardless, it's time things changed, Ben can't dictate to the team anymore when this shit is finally over.

I know, a little off the deep end. I've said too much. :doh::chuckle:

vrabinec
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Oh goodie. Is this gonna turn into another Arians bash fest ??

:popcorn:

I simply complimented the man.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I simply complimented the man.

Hater.... :pin: