PDA

View Full Version : Panthers cut FB Brad Hoover

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I can dream that we sign a 245lb veteran FB to replace Carey Davis for the vet minimum......cant I??

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/03/08/1300211/panthers-cut-fan-favorite-hoover.html

Psyychoward86
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I would dare to dream right with you if it werent for Brucie :doh:

and if ol' Hoover wasnt 33 years old. That guy is one dominant S.O.B

mikegrimey
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Carey Davis is like a boil that reappears time after time. I finally thought we were done with him after last year, but then he magically appeared again.

NJarhead
03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Carey Davis is like a boil that reappears time after time. I finally thought we were done with him after last year, but then he magically appeared again.

Say what you want, but we needed him to come back last year if not for his special teams ability alone.

mikegrimey
03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Is he really that great on ST though?

I'm not an expert, and don't catch who does what on every kickoff, but I don't know how much he did or didn't contribute to the 4 kickoff returns for a touchdown. I just don't see the appeal of the guy as a lead blocker, which is mainly why I was happy we were rid of him, only to see him come back with a vengeance

NJarhead
03-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Is he really that great on ST though?

I'm not an expert, and don't catch who does what on every kickoff, but I don't know how much he did or didn't contribute to the 4 kickoff returns for a touchdown. I just don't see the appeal of the guy as a lead blocker, which is mainly why I was happy we were rid of him, only to see him come back with a vengeance

I forget which week he came back, but I believe he was only there for one of the TD's. My only gripe with him is how easily he gets tackled on 3rd and short. He showed a hell of a lot more than Frank Summers who we spent a draft pick on.

mikegrimey
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
He came back in week 4 right? I remember him out there against SD.

I agree with you on Summers my friend, he looked atroscious as a lead blocker from the little of what we saw of him. I didn't get the idea of him to be alead blocker anyway, from his build one would have expected him to be running the ball, oh well though, late round draft pick, they don't always work out.

steeltheone
03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Love Brad Hoover!

NJarhead
03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
He came back in week 4 right? I remember him out there against SD.

I agree with you on Summers my friend, he looked atroscious as a lead blocker from the little of what we saw of him. I didn't get the idea of him to be alead blocker anyway, from his build one would have expected him to be running the ball, oh well though, late round draft pick, they don't always work out.

Yea, I didn't like Summers' whole "mysterious" injury thing. But, I am still optimistic.

Galax Steeler
03-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Yea, I didn't like Summers' whole "mysterious" injury thing. But, I am still optimistic.

I think Summers will turn into a good fullback. I am not sure what happened last year with him but it was disapointing. Hopefully he will bounce back this year and show everyone why we spent a draft pick on him.

Psyychoward86
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM

what mysterious injury? He went on IR because of his back

NJarhead
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
what mysterious injury? He went on IR because of his back

Davis was signed after rookie fullback Frank Summers, who developed a back problem that Coach Mike Tomlin termed "mysterious," was placed on the injured reserve list, ending his season.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09272/1001702-100.stm#ixzz0huqc96st

Yea, I'm fairly certain he pulled a Jerome Bettis.

Psyychoward86
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Yea, I'm fairly certain he pulled a Jerome Bettis.

i dont follow

NJarhead
03-11-2010, 08:00 PM
i dont follow

You're killing me. :chuckle:

You didn't know that Jerome Bettis faked a camp injury because he knew he was going to be cut?