PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Redman or draft a rb.

wdsteel
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
we have Mendy..moore..tank...logan..and johnson. how late or what running back would you draft..i would like to see Redman on the active roster. Liked what he did last year and another pre-season might be all he needs...

If we do draft a rb i like Toby Gerhart in the 3rd..Thick build and charges into the line..who be a nice complementary power back.. 6-01/2 235. 40time 4.6

Also like Ben Tate.auburn hes 5-10 213. 40time 4.5 , can run..catch and block. could be a good backup and role player..last i know he is projected 4or5.

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2010, 09:05 PM
personally i'd like to see them give summers a chance to actually carry the ball...you know...like he did in college..:noidea:
i just don't get arians goofy idea's of putting players in positions they never played before... if you want a fullback..DRAFT A FULLBACK !!!

BKAnthem
03-09-2010, 10:46 PM
I dunno...A lot of people on this board co-sign Arians so....i mean wasn't dude fired by the Browns?

devilsdancefloor
03-09-2010, 10:57 PM
i dont know like um didnt chuck noll coach for cleveland and um hmm did cowher play for cleveland and then get cut/fired? um humm hmmm what is your point? This is a thread about issac redman

SteelerFanInStl
03-09-2010, 11:25 PM
personally i'd like to see them give summers a chance to actually carry the ball...you know...like he did in college..:noidea:
i just don't get arians goofy idea's of putting players in positions they never played before... if you want a fullback..DRAFT A FULLBACK !!!

Agreed. I think that Tank could be the short yardage guy that we need but they gotta give him a chance. A high draft pick on a RB this year is a waste IMO.

7willBheaven
03-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Johnson is not a RB...he is a blocking TE...that lines up at FB...McHugh is the same too...though i'd rather him carry the ball than Johnson. Logan is the PR/KR and is listed as a WR, not RB...though i'd like to see him back at RB some. So really we only have Mendy, Moore, and Summers...with Redman and the camp body of Vincent.

I would like to see Summers at RB instead of FB...which is is natural spot...i think he'd be more dangerous there. If he can actually play FB and look good doing it, fine...he can play at both positions. Any back we have could run on short yardage plays...but the whole big back/etc for short yardage i think Summers can fill that position easily.

BKAnthem
03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
i dont know like um didnt chuck noll coach for cleveland and um hmm did cowher play for cleveland and then get cut/fired? um humm hmmm what is your point? This is a thread about issac redman

Umm...Cowher was a player on a very good Cleveland team and coached on very good Cleveland Teams he didn't get fired, he got hired By the Steelers...I don't know the record of Nolls teams with Cleveland, before my time, but I'm sure he didn't coach there.....Arians Coached on bad Cleveland teams that didn't improve and he got fired...my point was his use of personnel and formations is questionable, And i was agreeing with his misuse i think of Summers ...but people here still co sign him maybe because Ben makes him look good...

ricksteelers55
03-10-2010, 03:29 AM
I say let's draft a RB in round 4 if a decent one is available because we gonna have complimentary picks so we can afford.Let Frank Summers compete in both RB and FB area to see what he's made of.

Although I dont think they have much plan for Summers in the near future I wish Im wrong because I think the guy may have some potential if we give him the chance.

So we would have Mewelde Moore,Mendenhall,Summers,the new RB,Redman,Vincent in camp.I say we keep 4 of them because we want to run the ball more.(plus dont forget we can afford to keep 3 RB and 1 RB/FB like Summers and use a TE also like McHugh or Johnson at FB if needed.

But for the question,in the end I think Redman will end up on the PS again.

Galax Steeler
03-10-2010, 05:00 AM
I would say give Reman a shot but I still think we need to draft one in the later rounds just in case he can't handle it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Give Redman a chance. I was at the last preseason game he played in and did well. Redzone Redman.

Kind of reminds me of the year that Dante Brown had a great preseason and the Steelers still kept Willie Parker instead of him.

Draft a RB with a 4th round compensatory pick or later and let him compete to make the 53. Nothing special about Redman.

SteelMember
03-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Nothing special about Redman.

Ahhhem.

Suddeness and gilde....

Hello?

Northside Jonny
03-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Draft another and let them fight it out for the job that is the best way to build.

wdsteel
03-10-2010, 02:53 PM
unless im wrong we have comp picks in the 5th and 6..

+NuBbS+
03-10-2010, 02:57 PM
well if redman is on the practice squad, he's probably learning plays and blocking schemes and a couple other things. so in the end i'd like to see mendenhall, moore, redman, logan and then have summers at fullback?? each of them are unique at something.

Steely McSmash
03-12-2010, 10:45 PM
There'll be competition for sure. Without glaring needs, I see no reason not to draft a RB high. If there's compelling value why not?

jollyrob68
03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
I want Redman and Vincent to get a shot but they still need to draft a RB. With whats going on with Ben we need to get back to Steeler Foot Ball and get Toby in the 2nd or DIxon in the 4th and grab Floridas scat back in the 6st or 7th. This is Vincents last chance because he cant go back to the practice squad I believe.

SteelMember
03-15-2010, 08:52 AM
I want Redman and Vincent to get a shot but they still need to draft a RB. With whats going on with Ben we need to get back to Steeler Foot Ball and get Toby in the 2nd or DIxon in the 4th and grab Floridas scat back in the 6st or 7th. This is Vincents last chance because he cant go back to the practice squad I believe.

He hasn't shown anything since his big appearance in that LSU bowl game. :noidea:

wdsteel
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
could we get a 4th or 5th for Vincent ?

SteelMember
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
could we get a 4th or 5th for Vincent ?

I believe he was an UDFA, and hasn't even been on an active day roster more than a handful of times. So I'd venture to guess, no.

Redman, and/or Summers have a better chance of making the 53, and I don't think he is eligible for the PS anymore.

OneForTheToe
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
well if redman is on the practice squad, he's probably learning plays and blocking schemes and a couple other things. so in the end i'd like to see mendenhall, moore, redman, logan and then have summers at fullback?? each of them are unique at something.

I would like to see Logan switched to RB and get a little time there in situations that might suit him. We have room at the RB position, unlike WR, that it just make sense to me. Given how little room there is on the roster, I'd say we will draft a RB somewhere in the 4th to 5th round area.

taztroy43
03-15-2010, 10:51 PM
The only RB I would take would be Ben Tate in the 3rd to 4th round....the dude is a BEAST with some serious speed....4.46(if im not mistaken) for his huge frame!!!! Tate would be the only guy I would want for the Steelers.....or in otherwords I would perfer him over Gerhart........

http://media.govolsxtra.com/media/img/photos/2009/10/03/utauburn01_asb_12171_t607.jpg