PDA

View Full Version : Happy 70th Birthday, Chuck Norris!

Nadroj 20
03-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Happy 70th birthday, Chuck Norris!

Today one of the toughest, most feared and bearded stars turns the big 7-0.

I'm talking about Chuck Norris -- and the man seems ageless, so it's hard to believe he's a septuagenarian. We've heard so many "Chuck Norris Facts" over the years that it's easy to confuse them with Norris' true biography. ("Chuck Norris does not sleep! He waits." "Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.")

Here are a few real facts about the actor/martial arts expert in honor of his big day. I hope he has planned a celebratory afternoon of cake, presents and roundhouse kicks.

1. Chuck Norris' real name? That would be Carlos Ray Norris. He was born in Ryan, Okla.

2. Chuck got his nickname after he joined the Air Force and was sent to South Korea. There, he began training in the martial arts.

3. Norris founded his own school of martial art called Chun Kuk Do ("The Universal Way"). Primarily known for its kicking techniques, it mixes elements from various styles.

4. Norris was Steve McQueen's karate instructor. McQueen encouraged him to go into acting.

5. Norris' first acting gig was in a 1969 James Bond spoof starring Dean Martin called The Wrecking Crew. It also featured actress Sharon Tate in one of her last roles before she was murdered.

6. One of Norris' most famous scenes has to be this fight with Bruce Lee in 1972's Way of the Dragon. (How awesome is the cat?)

7. There really is a such thing as "Chuck Norris Action Jeans." Sexy.

8. Norris' CBS series, Walker, Texas Ranger, ran for 203 episodes. One of its creators was Paul Haggis, who went on to win the Academy Award for Crash.

9. Norris has written several books, including one called Black Belt Patriotism, a novel called The Justice Riders and a self-help guide called The Secret Power Within: Zen Solutions to Real Problems.

10. Chuck Norris is politically conservative and a devout Christian. He writes a weekly column for the website WorldNetDaily. (He also appears on ads for Total Gym equipment.)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2010/03/norris/1

:applaudit: :applaudit:

Chuck Norris is awesome, Happy Birthday to him!!

SteelCityMom
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
http://www.historyaddict.com/2008.03.10Chuck.jpg

ricardisimo
03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
The Real Chuck Norris Facts (http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/):

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.
Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.
Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.
Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch. HE decides what time it is.
Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Chucktatorship.

And my own personal favorite... There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist.

HometownGal
03-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm a huge Chuck Norris fan! :thumbsup: He's not the world's best actor, but I love it when he kicks terrorist azz - covers up the bad acting. :chuckle:

I have a lot of Norris faves, but I thought Delta Force was his best movie. :thumbsup:

Chuck was one of the biggest reasons I decided to get into the martial arts years back. :banana:

Happy Birthday Carlos! :party: :drink: We should all be in as great shape as you at the tender age of 70. :hatsoff:

Go get him Chuck!

http://rastapopulus.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/chuck-norris-album2.jpg

NJarhead
03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Behind Chuck Norris' beard, is another fist.

Chuck Norris went to McDonalds, ordered a Whopper and GOT ONE!

GBMelBlount
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Happy Birthday Chuck!

What? No mention of the total gym? :chuckle:

This guy "John" came to my house 13+ years ago and demonstrated this physical therapy product that he used to rehab himself and win a world power lifting title for his age group. I was so impressed with his demonstration that I told him this would be a great infomercial product and bought one on the spot.....Needless to say, a year or two later, I saw John on TV w/ Chuck & Christy in the first "Total Gym" infomercial. :chuckle:

NJarhead
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Happy Birthday Chuck!

What? No mention of the total gym? :chuckle:

This guy "John" came to my house 13+ years ago and demonstrated this physical therapy product that he used to rehab himself and win a world power lifting title for his age group. I was so impressed with his demonstration that I told him this would be a great infomercial product and bought one on the spot.....Needless to say, a year or two later, I saw John on TV w/ Chuck & Christy in the first "Total Gym" infomercial. :chuckle:

No shit? That's pretty cool.

I have one of those suckers up in the attic and I D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E-L-Y need to bring it down and use it.

Nadroj 20
03-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Chuck Norris is older then his father.

GBMelBlount
03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
No shit? That's pretty cool.

I have one of those suckers up in the attic and I D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E-L-Y need to bring it down and use it.

LOL! You look pretty fit to me, brother. :drink:

Yep, I was dating my wife at the time. John lived in Irwin, PA and he lugged this beast into my house to demo it. It was much larger than the TV version and was all steel and quite heavy. He did a really slick presentation on it and I bought it on the spot. He was great guy. When he told me the price I karate chopped him and kicked him in the nuts until he came down $100. :chuckle:

perhaps that's what gave him the idea to infomercial this with chuck Norris.... :tap:

NJarhead
03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
LOL! You look pretty fit to me, brother. :drink:

Yep, I was dating my wife at the time. John lived in Irwin, PA and he lugged this beast into my house to demo it. It was much larger than the TV version and was all steel and quite heavy. He did a really slick presentation on it and I bought it on the spot. He was great guy. When he told me the price I karate chopped him and kicked him in the nuts until he came down $100. :chuckle:

perhaps that's what gave him the idea to infomercial this with chuck Norris.... :tap:
lol. I wonder if I could get a raise with that method? :tap:

Thanks Homey, but I've got excess lbs to lose. Eating right alone ain't cutting it and I REFUSE to give up my beloved beer. :chuckle:

So, in addition to 3 classes, a household, 10 hours commuting per week and a 40 hour work week, I'm adding exercise. :doh:

Galax Steeler
03-11-2010, 03:50 AM
He is one heck of a man even at 70 he still has what is takes. Happy Birthday Chuck.

vasteeler
03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
probably one of the only seventy year olds i would be afraid to fight

Steeldude
03-14-2010, 01:36 PM
a fellow employee at my work looks almost exactly like chuck norris, except he has a spare tire. he has the same hair color, hair style and beard. same skin tone too. everyone at work calls him chuck :chuckle:

Steeldude
03-14-2010, 01:45 PM
one of my favorite chuck norris-isms is "chuck norris can win connect four in 3 moves:.

Bng_Hevn
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
I was big into martial arts as a kid, huge Bruce Lee fan and Chuck Norris fan.

When I was in the service, I was presenting the Marine Corps colors at Bush Sr's inaugural event where many celebrities made a showing. I met Arnold (had a picture taken with him) and a few other celebs, mainly music groups and football players.

The one I really wanted to meet and greet was Chuck Norris but he had a ring of 12 bodyguards around him and wouldn't talk to any of the "normal folk".

Since then I've hated him, he is too arrogant and full of himself.

To the contrary, Arnold Swarzenneggar (did I butcher his name? Don't feel like looking it up) came in with a big cigar and a jollly "What's up fellas" as he came into the area. Arnold is cool.

This was in 1989 at the height of Arnold's career and popularity, or on the verge of it.

Anyway, IMO Chuck can go jump in a lake.

steelax04
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, at least he can just roundhouse kick the candles off his cake. Blowing candles out is so un-Chuck Norris.

GoSlash27
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't age. He allows the years to pass unmolested. :chuckle:
/He also swallows Rubik's cubes and craps them out solved.

steelerdude15
03-15-2010, 05:19 PM
He doesn't look seventy at all! I'd figure he'd only be in his fifties. That's why its always good to stay healthy.