PDA

View Full Version : should ben settle

pete74
03-10-2010, 01:51 PM
i dont care if ben is guilty or innocent i think if the girl would drop all charges for a million dollars i say give it to her and shut her up. he's going to waste that much in lawyer fees anyway. his name is already rubbed in the dirt and even if he goes to trail and is found notguilty people will always hold this over him so why not settle, win another superbowl and make us forget.

im sure some of you will say this is the dumbest idea but when you really think about it its not. the longer this goes on the worse it is for him. she has a lawyer so odds are a cival trail is coming so why not save some money and alot of headache and handle this right now before charges are filed

Prok
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Well he's got the best lawyer money can buy supposedly so you'd think they will KNOW which is best resolution from here on.

Why the F didn't you just put this in the other thread ??

pete74
03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
why the F do you care? its really none of your bizz what i do so either stick to the subject or dont post. the other thread was made for a different reason then this one. if you want to take this route then half the threads on this board can be merged but thats stupied in my mind. this is a totally different topic then what the other thread was about. how many threads on this board do you think talk about ben since it started? should they all be merged since there all about the same person? doubtful. if the mods feel this should be merged with another then they can feel free to move

welder4pit
03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
i dont care if ben is guilty or innocent i think if the girl would drop all charges for a million dollars i say give it to her and shut her up. he's going to waste that much in lawyer fees anyway. his name is already rubbed in the dirt and even if he goes to trail and is found notguilty people will always hold this over him so why not settle, win another superbowl and make us forget.

im sure some of you will say this is the dumbest idea but when you really think about it its not. the longer this goes on the worse it is for him. she has a lawyer so odds are a cival trail is coming so why not save some money and alot of headache and handle this right now before charges are filed I just wish he'd settle on getting his head out of his @$$

:noidea:

X-Terminator
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
why the fuk do you care? its really none of your bizz what i do. the other thread was made for a different reason then this one. if you want to take this route then half the threads on this board can be merged but thats stupied in my mind.

No seriously dude, this could have been posted in one of the other main threads. It's starting to get too cluttered in here.

vrabinec
03-10-2010, 02:20 PM
If he's guilty, he should settle, if he's not guilty, he shouldn't IMO.

steelerdude15
03-10-2010, 02:27 PM
im sure some of you will say this is the dumbest idea but when you really think about it its not. the longer this goes on the worse it is for him. she has a lawyer so odds are a cival trail is coming so why not save some money and alot of headache and handle this right now before charges are filed
Yeah, but that would make it look like he is guilty.

pete74
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM

it dosnt really matter either way. if he is found guilty he is screwed. if he isnt people will still question him just like people do to ray lewis. the best solution in my mind is to end it asap. you want something like this out of the media as fast as possible.

zulater
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
http://draftsteel.com/ff/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7876

So I wont be accused of spamming and starting an unneccary thread. Register and vote what you think Ben's status will be to start the 2010 season.

No strings, just another Steelers message board i post on.

steelerdude15
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
it dosnt really matter either way. if he is found guilty he is screwed. if he isnt people will still question him just like people do to ray lewis. the best solution in my mind is to end it asap. you want something like this out of the media as fast as possible.
Well people are always going to judge you regardless. People still bring up his motorcycle accident. Some people find it funny, I don't because he nearly died, but what do you expect.

Steel_12
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Even if he's found to be innocent, she can still file a civil suit. I wouldn't pay her anything if I didn't do it. Right now, it's all he said/she said and they can't get him on that.

pete74
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
http://draftsteel.com/ff/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7876

So I wont be accused of spamming and starting an unneccary thread. Register and vote what you think Ben's status will be to start the 2010 season.

No strings, just another Steelers message board i post on.

i cant belive most feel he will be suspended. i feel there is no way he will be suspended and im going to register and vote. he has the best lawyer east of the mississippi. who knows if he did it but i feel he will never be found guilty

pete74
03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Even if he's found to be innocent, she can still file a civil suit. I wouldn't pay her anything if I didn't do it. Right now, it's all he said/she said and they can't get him on that.

if you settle she cant. im certain that would be in the contract

steelreserve
03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
No seriously dude, this could have been posted in one of the other main threads. It's starting to get too cluttered in here.

Oh, yes, please, let's not clutter up the front page with more Ben threads. We need the space for more threads about free agents, so everyone can complain about how there are too many free agent threads and they ought to be merged.

Steel_12
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
if you settle she cant. im certain that would be in the contract

Right but I wouldn't settle if I didn't do it..no matter how long this will drag out.

Big D
03-10-2010, 03:04 PM
if he's innocent he shouldn't settle. What kind of example are you setting really. Alls it does it put ideas into the heads of gold diggers to make accusations like this

steelreserve
03-10-2010, 03:21 PM
i cant belive most feel he will be suspended. i feel there is no way he will be suspended and im going to register and vote. he has the best lawyer east of the mississippi. who knows if he did it but i feel he will never be found guilty

Dude. This is Goodell we're talking about. He'll suspend you for a jaywalking ticket.

R2sojr
03-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Technically even if she does try to settle, since she went to the police its now a criminal investigation and would be up to the state to pick up and press for the charges. So as of right now she cant get a dime until its all said and done and IF hes found guilty. Then she could go to civial court for $$$$$.

stillers4me
03-10-2010, 05:12 PM
If he settles this one to make it go away, it would ruin his other case, where he is counter suing the lying hobag in Nevada.

pete74
03-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Technically even if she does try to settle, since she went to the police its now a criminal investigation and would be up to the state to pick up and press for the charges. So as of right now she cant get a dime until its all said and done and IF hes found guilty. Then she could go to civial court for $$$$$.

he can still settle. marvin harrison did it. if she withdraws charges the da has nothing. her testimony in court means everything to the da.

Galax Steeler
03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I say hell no he should not settle with this whatever you want to call her. She would be getting what she wanted and that is money. Even if Ben did have to pay lawyers alot of money at least she wouldn't be getting it. This is exactly what she is wanting don't do it Ben.

steelreserve
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
What's the over/under on the number of days until we find out she has bipolar disorder or worse?

RoethlisBURGHer
03-10-2010, 05:30 PM
While settling out of court is not him admitting guilt, it is in then court of public opinion. If he's not guilty, it's not a waste of money in lawyer fees to have your name cleared. Will other fans bring it up? Yeah. But it would be nice to say he was found not guilty of all charges instead that he settled out of court.

SteelCityMom
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
What's the over/under on the number of days until we find out she has bipolar disorder or worse?

I'm calling 8.

pete74
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM

i dont know, its looking bad. ben says she fell and banged her head after they were done, dosnt sound good to me

R2sojr
03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
he can still settle. marvin harrison did it. if she withdraws charges the da has nothing. her testimony in court means everything to the da.

Yeah but the Police can still pursue the charges if its a criminal investigation. But one thing i dunno what to think anymore...IF he is guilty we need to grab MCoy or Tebow..lol

Psyychoward86
03-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Ben isnt going to want to settle. It's not about the money, it's about trying to prove he didnt do it. We dont know if he did something or not, and even if he wins, he sure as hell isnt going to get the full trust of the steeler fan community. That would just be absurd of him to settle, whether he is guilty or not.

steelreserve
03-10-2010, 09:20 PM
i dont know, its looking bad. ben says she fell and banged her head after they were done, dosnt sound good to me

Who knows. But if THAT'S his side of the story, it completely cements him as a dumbass.

Like ... yeah, I totally get that even after what happened last year, you can't expect the guy to be a hermit and not have a normal life where he hangs out with his friends. But it does not take a rocket scientist to deduce that in his situation, getting sucked off in the men's room by some random skank is asking for trouble. Seriously? He couldn't figure that one out?

Psyychoward86
03-10-2010, 09:23 PM

lol wtf, link please?

Fire Haley
03-10-2010, 09:30 PM
If I was Ben's lawyers I'd push both trials off into the strike year.

Shea
03-10-2010, 09:34 PM
But it does not take a rocket scientist to deduce that in his situation, getting sucked off in the men's room by some random skank is asking for trouble. Seriously? He couldn't figure that one out?

He probably could outside of such a situation actually presenting itself, but in the moment and in an influx of blood to a certain region and that was probably the last thing he was thinking about.

Could you yourself have resisted that scenario?

steelreserve
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
He probably could outside of such a situation actually presenting itself, but in the moment and in an influx of blood to a certain region and that was probably the last thing he was thinking about.

Could you yourself have resisted that scenario?

I've hooked up with enough bar skanks in my life that it really lost most of its urgency. I assume Ben has hooked up with even more bar skanks than that. You would think that if you are being accused of rape, you would be able to hold yourself together. Especially if your friends were there to warn you to be careful (well .. it was Willie Colon, so I'm not all that surprised he was asleep at the wheel).

Anyway, I like to think that I would've been more in control than that. Maybe if she was SMOKING HOT it would be another story. But if old horseface from Nevada is any indication, that's kind of doubtful.

Shea
03-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Anyway, I like to think that I would've been more in control than that..

Exactly.

You'd think you would be more in control but let's be honest here, you, and every other man I've ever met, wouldn't pass up that opportunity - hell you all live for that opportunity.

Who do you think you are fooling? I'm a woman and even I know this.

Nice try though. :wink02:

pete74
03-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Exactly.

You'd think you would be more in control but let's be honest here, you, and every other man I've ever met, wouldn't pass up that opportunity - hell you all live for that opportunity.

Who do you think you are fooling? I'm a woman and even I know this.

Nice try though. :wink02:

I disagree. I can personally remember 2 times in my life I turned a hot chick down because of were we were. Once at a party and once at BAR Pittsburgh. At the club I bounced but wasn't working that night and didn't want to get in trouble if we got caught. We were making out and she tried everything to get me to bang her but I refused because of my situation. Belive it or not some men do have will power. There were many times in my life I turned down the oppertunity for sex because I didn't have a condom as well. You make it seem like some hot girl can bang any guy anytime and any place she wants and that is very far from the truth. Maybe a desperate guy.

chacha
03-13-2010, 11:07 AM
But it was for his Birthday!!! It's rude to reject a gift!!

Prok
03-13-2010, 11:28 AM
why the F do you care? its really none of your bizz what i do so either stick to the subject or dont post. the other thread was made for a different reason then this one. if you want to take this route then half the threads on this board can be merged but thats stupied in my mind. this is a totally different topic then what the other thread was about. how many threads on this board do you think talk about ben since it started? should they all be merged since there all about the same person? doubtful. if the mods feel this should be merged with another then they can feel free to move

Holy crap i totally overlooked the fact that i got my ass handed to me... lol

My apollogies Pete, didn't mean to offend you.

:drink:

pete74
03-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Sorry about that bro, it's was a rough day and you were the 3rd or 4th person who started on me and I wasn't in a good mood. I just pulled a bicep at the gym before and wasn't happy. I appologize

Prok
03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Sorry about that bro, it's was a rough day and you were the 3rd or 4th person who started on me and I wasn't in a good mood. I just pulled a bicep at the gym before and wasn't happy. I appologize

No prob man. I was in a bit of a bad mood over this whole ordeal as well. This situation has us all upset in various ways at varios times. At the end of the day we're both Steelers fans and that makes you all good in my book.

:tt: :drink:

GBMelBlount
03-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, Ben should settle.........down.

http://www3.whig.com/whig/blogs/uponfurtherreview/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fathers-day-dinner-lg.jpg

Tone's Toes
03-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Personally, I'd just settle both cases (If there aren't charges). I'd maintain my innocence and not care what others think. I'd try to clean my act up, stay out of clubs/bars etc, I wouldn't have much interaction with anybody I don't know well. I'd just move on and focus on football.

USWsteeler
03-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Settlement = Guilty

stb_steeler
03-21-2010, 09:15 PM

Exactly, not to mention isnt the past case still pending?. That might bring that back up showing some type of guilt.

thebus36idf
03-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Hey I'm with you on the fact that this shouldn't be on another post for two reasons. 1) This should be brought up daily. 2)People read the newests posts, they don't look back and respond to posts more than a day or two old. I however couldn't disagree with you more on the statement I don't care!! If he did it. I really am getting sick and tired of us fans looking the other way because our beloved sport icon screws up. People get hurt when Ben acts like a @!&-hole. I dislike Terrel Owens, and wouldn't want him on my team, I dislike Larry Johnson and wouldn't want him on my team, and I dislike Randy Moss and wouldn't want him on my team etc. etc. I can go on and on. I take pride in the fact that the Steelers don't deal with big mouths that are self-centered jerks. I was glad when Plaxico left because the writing was on the wall. However just because we pay Ben big dollars we are supposed to except his behaivor. I say no! I think the blog writer quoted in the past few days is exactly right. The way Ben has conducted himself makes him a target, and he should learn how to deal with it or this is just the begining. I love athletes like Jerome, Heinz, Emmet Smith, Walter Payton, Peyton Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, I can go on, and on here as well. These guys are as successful, or more than Ben yet they manage to stay out of trouble. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN TO TROUBLE!!!!!!! I love the Steelers I love Bens play, however the man has got to shape up off the feild, because I'm starting to dislike the person! I will just throw this in. We are all human, and make mistakes. We however must learn from our mistakes, and conduct ourselves so that others don't get hurt. I love all people, but I dislike how many conduct themselves. Ben was required to stop wearing the initial PFJ on his shoes the first year of his carrer. It was against NFL rules. I am glad for this because it stands for Playing For Jesus. Maybe it should of been LFJ living for Jesus this may have been of some help to him. jokingly I think that motrocycle accident caused a little more damage to Bens brain than he would admit. Before I hear all the religious banter for my last few sentences. I did say we all are sinners, and make mistakes so I have no claim to perfection, and make mistakes just as much as the next guy. I do however feel we must still suffer consequences for our action. I would ! So should Ben.:helmet::helmet:

desertsteel
03-21-2010, 10:30 PM

If he's guilty I hope they fry his a$$

fansince'76
03-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey I'm with you on the fact that this shouldn't be on another post for two reasons. 1) This should be brought up daily. 2)People read the newests posts, they don't look back and respond to posts more than a day or two old. I however couldn't disagree with you more on the statement I don't care!! If he did it. I really am getting sick and tired of us fans looking the other way because our beloved sport icon screws up. People get hurt when Ben acts like a @!&-hole. I dislike Terrel Owens, and wouldn't want him on my team, I dislike Larry Johnson and wouldn't want him on my team, and I dislike Randy Moss and wouldn't want him on my team etc. etc. I can go on and on. I take pride in the fact that the Steelers don't deal with big mouths that are self-centered jerks. I was glad when Plaxico left because the writing was on the wall. However just because we pay Ben big dollars we are supposed to except his behaivor. I say no! I think the blog writer quoted in the past few days is exactly right. The way Ben has conducted himself makes him a target, and he should learn how to deal with it or this is just the begining. I love athletes like Jerome, Heinz, Emmet Smith, Walter Payton, Peyton Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, I can go on, and on here as well. These guys are as successful, or more than Ben yet they manage to stay out of trouble. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN TO TROUBLE!!!!!!! I love the Steelers I love Bens play, however the man has got to shape up off the feild, because I'm starting to dislike the person! I will just throw this in. We are all human, and make mistakes. We however must learn from our mistakes, and conduct ourselves so that others don't get hurt. I love all people, but I dislike how many conduct themselves. Ben was required to stop wearing the initial PFJ on his shoes the first year of his carrer. It was against NFL rules. I am glad for this because it stands for Playing For Jesus. Maybe it should of been LFJ living for Jesus this may have been of some help to him. jokingly I think that motrocycle accident caused a little more damage to Bens brain than he would admit. Before I hear all the religious banter for my last few sentences. I did say we all are sinners, and make mistakes so I have no claim to perfection, and make mistakes just as much as the next guy. I do however feel we must still suffer consequences for our action. I would ! So should Ben.:helmet::helmet:

Paragraphs are your friend! :thumbsup:

rick723
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM

If he gives her a dime, he will get his walking papers. That means I did it.

SteelCityMom
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Exactly, not to mention isnt the past case still pending?. That might bring that back up showing some type of guilt.

Ben (or anybody else) cannot settle a criminal case out of court. The only thing he would be able to do (if charges are pressed) is plead guilty to lesser charges to get a speedier trial. If he settles quickly in a civil court case with her, then yes, I suppose that would be ammo for McNulty's lawyers. But if he takes the same approach to that civil case that he and his lawyers have with McNulty's, then that civil trial would be over before this one.

pete74
03-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Ben (or anybody else) cannot settle a criminal case out of court. The only thing he would be able to do (if charges are pressed) is plead guilty to lesser charges to get a speedier trial. If he settles quickly in a civil court case with her, then yes, I suppose that would be ammo for McNulty's lawyers. But if he takes the same approach to that civil case that he and his lawyers have with McNulty's, then that civil trial would be over before this one.

he can most definatly settle before charges are filed. without the womens testimony the case is useless. he pays her, she signs saying she will never press charges for the incident in georgia and ben goes back to the burgh. marvin harrison just did it recently

once charges are filed its much tougher.

HughC
03-22-2010, 06:15 PM
If he were to settle out of court with her I can almost guarantee that would lead to some sort of suspension by Goodell.

kittenfantastico76
03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Momma always told me I should never settle.

I agree with those that have said if he's innocent, or telling the truth he shouldn't pay off or settle. He has not only his reputation at stake but also that of his team.

I mean think about it - how often do some of us as Steelers fans love to bring up Ray Lewis' legal issues to rib on Raven's fans? I know my friends and I like to joke about stuff like that all the time. Being one of his teammates right now can't be that easy. But they stick together.

I think settling would just show this whole situation in a bad light. You only pay off people to keep their mouths shut and that usually happens when you're guilty.

I really hope this turns out to be all a misunderstanding/not true.

SteelCityMom
03-22-2010, 07:02 PM
he can most definatly settle before charges are filed. without the womens testimony the case is useless. he pays her, she signs saying she will never press charges for the incident in georgia and ben goes back to the burgh. marvin harrison just did it recently

once charges are filed its much tougher.

Yes, I know. If charges are filed though, he cannot settle...that was my point, hence he cannot settle a criminal case (meaning a pending one) out of court. Nobody can.

arge5809
03-25-2010, 09:07 AM

IF he's guilty then we (The Steelers and Fans) have a seriously BIG problem! That would lead me to believe that Ben has problems and should not be a part of this organization. Yes he's one of the top 3 -5 qb's in the league, but how does that make the Rooney's look if the have him as their qb.

If he settles, then that makes him look guilty, even if he's not guilty. If he is innocent, he should deal with the publicity and go to court and prove his innocence. His name can only be cleared through being found not guilty.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I dont think charges will be filed with everything we've seen happen the last 2 days

Steelers>NFL
03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
I dont think charges will be filed with everything we've seen happen the last 2 days
Seems strange though. But the outcome seems to be pointing to a positive direction.
This does not diminish his behavior though.

Fire Haley
03-25-2010, 04:28 PM
I would marry this girl

http://sportsocracy.org/imgs/steelers_tramp.jpg

Prok
03-25-2010, 04:51 PM
I would marry this girl

http://sportsocracy.org/imgs/steelers_tramp.jpg

lol

Me too. I'd even get matching Steelers tattoo's with her. lol