PDA

View Full Version : Bryant to Bengals

SteelerNation12
03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Looks like the Bengals signed the formal Buccaneer WR today.

steelerdude15
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah they just said it on ESPN. Good pick up for them.

Big D
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
that means t.o. probably won't be joining up with the other attention horror

CantStop85
03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Certainly an upgrade over Laveraneus Coles.

supa_fly_steeler
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I think he's overpaid some what $28 deal in 3 years

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Certainly an upgrade over Laveraneus Coles.

Yeah, but a downgrade from Whosyourmama. So still an OK receiving corps, a solid O line, questionable QB.......so pin your destiny on the defense again. Just like the Steelers.

SteelerNation12
03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Bryant sucks, you obviously didn't watch any Bucs games last year. That dude gives up on plays left and right. He can account for at least 3 of Freemans INT, because he simply didn't even go for the ball.

CantStop85
03-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but a downgrade from Whosyourmama. So still an OK receiving corps, a solid O line, questionable QB.......so pin your destiny on the defense again. Just like the Steelers.

I imagine they'll still either pursue another veteran wide receiver (T.O. pipe dream?) or take one at some point in the draft. Also, they'll for sure nab a TE somewhere in the early rounds of the draft. Carson will certainly have more weapons than he did last season...but the question remains as to how effective they will be able to pass protect. Last year, the Bengals were great at run blocking but terrible at pass protection. Hopefully that will change if they can upgrade at LG and get Andre Smith in as a full-time starter.

The biggest question mark on defense is at safety...if they don't take a guy like the TE Gresham in the first round, I imagine they'll take one of the safeties available. If they can find a solid safety and they can get Antwan Odom and Maualuga back at full health, the defense should be rock solid.

The biggest problem for the Bengals next year will be the level of competition...it looks like every team in the AFC North is upgrading in some form. Should be interesting.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I imagine they'll still either pursue another veteran wide receiver (T.O. pipe dream?) or take one at some point in the draft. Also, they'll for sure nab a TE somewhere in the early rounds of the draft. Carson will certainly have more weapons than he did last season...but the question remains as to how effective they will be able to pass protect. Last year, the Bengals were great at run blocking but terrible at pass protection. Hopefully that will change if they can upgrade at LG and get Andre Smith in as a full-time starter.

The biggest question mark on defense is at safety...if they don't take a guy like the TE Gresham in the first round, I imagine they'll take one of the safeties available. If they can find a solid safety and they can get Antwan Odom and Maualuga back at full health, the defense should be rock solid.

The biggest problem for the Bengals next year will be the level of competition...it looks like every team in the AFC North is upgrading in some form. Should be interesting.

Do you think they would put Andre Smith inside?? Whit at LT, Collins at RT....that could solve a problem with needing a guard.

CantStop85
03-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Do you think they would put Andre Smith inside?? Whit at LT, Collins at RT....that could solve a problem with needing a guard.

People have mentioned that before...but I don't think the team would ever actually consider it. Actually, if I were managing the team, I would put Andre Smith at LT, put Collins at RT and move Whitworth inside to LG. I'm still not completely sold on Whitworth at LT...I just don't know if he is quick enough to block some of the speed rushers he gets paired up against. He's an awesome run blocker, but his pass blocking is suspect. I think they may have been better off when they had him playing at guard as a rookie.

tony hipchest
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
that means t.o. probably won't be joining up with the other attention horror

I imagine they'll still either pursue another veteran wide receiver (T.O. pipe dream?).i think TO is still very likely.

baltimore and cinci have both beefed up there run games, but still really cant do shit against the steelers (nobody really can running the ball).

it is no suprise to see the ravens and bungs ramping up their pass game. to win the division, they are gonna attack the steelers perceived weakness.

turn the game into a wing it out shootout, and tee off on ben.

makes sense.

we need another CB.

UltimateBengal
03-10-2010, 06:48 PM

I hope the Steelers pass on Iupati so that we can plug him at LG for the next 10 years! As far as Bryant, I like the move as he will help us stretch the field again, but I was surprised that the Bengals dealt out another big contract on a WR. Good to see though. With that move, the Ravens getting Boldin, the Steelers keeping Hampton and getting Randle El, and the Browns playing hard to finish 09, this could be a very interesting year in the North!:popcorn:

Fire Haley
03-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't think it's about the receivers

Palmer looked gunshy last year, I think his nerves are shot.

mikegrimey
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
They signed him to a pretty hefty paycheck too---I guess they truly are embracing their reputation as a team that gives second and third chances.

He can't be any worse than Coles, only problem I could see is the sheer douchebaggery of him, Johnson, and Owens jacking up the lockeroom.

I know Palmer insists he's worked with bad boy receivers before, but the immature antics of Johnson and legal problems with Henry aren't quite the same as TO's undermining and extremely paranoid jealously.

Bng_Hevn
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I hope the Steelers pass on Iupati so that we can plug him at LG for the next 10 years! As far as Bryant, I like the move as he will help us stretch the field again, but I was surprised that the Bengals dealt out another big contract on a WR. Good to see though. With that move, the Ravens getting Boldin, the Steelers keeping Hampton and getting Randle El, and the Browns playing hard to finish 09, this could be a very interesting year in the North!:popcorn:

Your little kitty kats have a loooong way to go before they can make the North interesting.

One year does NOT make a good football team, especially after 16+ years of ineptitude.

Psyychoward86
03-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Just think if T.O joins.

That will be the most epic attention ***** trio of all time :chuckle: