PDA

View Full Version : Ben's mea culpa speech

Vincent
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
At some point, regardless of the outcome, Ben will drag us all through some form of sorry "introspective" sniveling "apology" for :blah::blah::blah:. I grimace at the thought.

What would you have him say?

I'll start...

"Good morning. After deep reflection on recent events, and much internal struggle, I have reached the inescapable conclusion that I am a selfish immature asshole. Rather than bring you to nausea with hollow expressions of regret, and promises to make amends, I will simply apologize for my poor judgment, ridiculous behavior, and the damage I've done to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I will now dedicate the entirety of my time and energy for the remainder of my contract to performing on and off the field to the expectation of my station. I will not do endorsements and will avail myself to any charity cause that will have me. Words are meaningless without actions. I will speak through my actions.

Please forgive me."

zulater
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
At some point, regardless of the outcome, Ben will drag us all through some form of sorry "introspective" sniveling "apology" for :blah::blah::blah:. I grimace at the thought.

I'll start...

"Good morning. After deep reflection on recent events, and much internal struggle, I have reached the inescapable conclusion that I am a selfish immature asshole. Rather than bring you to nausea with hollow expressions of regret, and promises to make amends, I will simply apologize for my poor judgment, ridiculous behavior, and the damage I've done to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I will now dedicate the entirety of my time and energy for the remainder of my contract to performing on and off the field to the expectation of my station. I will not do endorsements and will avail myself to any charity cause that will have me. Words are meaningless without actions. I will speak through my actions.

Please forgive me."

Add in, write two hefty checks so false allegations or not, neither of those cases see's the light of a court room, and then and only then can he start to put this all behind him.

steelreserve
03-11-2010, 11:55 AM
"On behalf of myself, my teammates, and the Steelers organization, I'd just like to remind everyone: Bros before hoes. Comeonnnn...."

Prok
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
"I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely apollogize to the Rooney family, my entire coaching staff, all my teamates, and the extremely loyal and honorable fanbase of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I realize that, at the least, my actions have caused alot of unwarranted grief and anxiety. I will pledge the entire rest of my life to being the most exemplary player and person that I can possibly be. I look forward to the opportunity to correct my public image as a great player AND person. And I WILL get this accomplished. There will be no more public indecencies levied against me"

vrabinec
03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I have come to an agreement with my two accusers and they are happy with their end. Also, I am donating season tickets to the posters on the Steelers Fever Forums as restitution for the pain I have caused them.

Prok
03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I have come to an agreement with my two accusers and they are happy with their end. Also, I am donating season tickets to the posters on the Steelers Fever Forums as restitution for the pain I have caused them.

Yay. *first in line*

Merchant
03-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I still love Ben. And he's still bringing us #7 next season.

OX1947
03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
You know, its so sad, if these allegations are bullcrap, how you just cant live a normal life. There' s always something you have to deal with. If he was a regular guy, it may not have been public thing but she would have probably stocked him and bothered him to the point where he had to screen his calls. freakin people man...

Curtain_of_Steel
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
I would like to say a few things. 1) I'm not guilty of anything other than putting myself in bad situations. Like tiger woods, I'm human too. But I didnt dip it.
2) As my attorneys will point out and thoroughly discredit the accuser on the facts of why a 20 year old is in a bar, and why a 20 year old is drinking in the bar, so she lies here but not on other things?. We will prove she is out for two things, fame and my fortune. Neither of which she will get.
I wish to apologize to the Steeler Nation and the organization and will try to put myself in a better position on going.
This is all I will say on this topic.

----------------------

Go Ben!!!

Larry
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Mr. Rooney, I'm sorry for getting a BJ in the bathroom. She didn't even do a good job, totally not worth it.

fansince'76
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Mr. Rooney, I'm sorry for getting a BJ in the bathroom. She didn't even do a good job, totally not worth it.

This. I for one am tired of phony, scripted, insincere public apologies.

steelax04
03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Two or three sentences... no big 25 cent words or anything like "transgressions." Just own up to the fact that he hasn't put himself in positive situations and it's going to change, because it's time he grows up.

wootawnee
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Every body got to go out and live and chase the other sex around.........I disagree with sitting at home and being a bump on a log cause your an athlete or a politicion or whatever, especially if your single............Im not into devil horned shirts, or abusing ladies, but a good ole boy got to go out and have fun while he is young........This corporate nonsense don't go out, stay home stuff, makes me wanna puke.......If one cannot go out in the community and enjoy togetherness, what does one live for......For shared experiences is the essence of life..........Just respect all people and you'll be just fine........

memphissteelergirl
03-11-2010, 03:13 PM
PR 101, Ben...make your message short, succinct and to the point...

"I fully admit to my irresponsible actions and how they have negatively affected myself, family, teammates, the entire Steelers organzation and all of its fans. I know I have been given many chances to show more maturity and better decision making and I have clearly squandered them. I cannot promise that I will perfect from here on out, but I can promise I will in fact make a more conscious, deliberate effort to show that I will be a better citizen, teammate and person."

vrabinec
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Two or three sentences... no big 25 cent words or anything like "transgressions." Just own up to the fact that he hasn't put himself in positive situations and it's going to change, because it's time he grows up.

"I have been putting myself in bad positions and it's time I grew up, so I'm gonna stick with hookers from now on. Any chick that wants to marry me and wants to test the water first can contact my lawyer, he has some paperwork for you to fill out."

Lambertfan
03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh yes and I promise to stop being such a dick!!!

steelerdave1969
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
It really doesnt matter to me what he says as long as it is Heart Felt and he Means it from his heart. I love the big guy , but he must figure out in life that famous Atheletes are Not Above the Law.

Burghfan58
03-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I have purchased a life size silicon doll and this will never happen again.:hug:

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd like to take this moment to say crazy girls need to leave me alone.

vasteeler
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
this is what he should say

I have broken no laws and why dont you people mind your own F&^%$#g bussines

Psyychoward86
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM
"On behalf of myself, my teammates, and the Steelers organization, I'd just like to remind everyone: Bros before hoes. Comeonnnn...."

QFT

stlrtruck
03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Let's add in to those previously posted comments the following:

"Effective immediately I will take a pay cut as well as make an extention to my current contract so that the Steelers will be able to maintain high caliber players and help us win more Super Bowls will should take the grief of my ridiculous and immature actions and alleviate the frustrations I've bestowed upon Steelers Nation, the Rooney Family, and my teammates!"

madtowndrunkard
03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Ben Roethlisburger =

Great QB who is fun to watch.

Bad Person - My kids will no longer wear his jersey. Luckily my two boys have a Troy and Hines jersey that they can proudly wear. Any sponsor involved with Ben should cut him. I will also not support any business that does pay Big Ben...other then the Pittsburgh Steelers. Rape accusations aside, Ben has been a notorious a-hole since coming to Pittsburgh.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Or how about:

She freaking bit me! There is no law against getting a little action, but there should be when the action bites you. Dam man that hurt!

Woodley56
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM

I'll start...

Please forgive me."

Someone just won a set of steak knives...kudos.

urgle burgle
03-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Ben Roethlisburger =

Bad Person - My kids will no longer wear his jersey. Luckily my two boys have a Troy and Hines jersey that they can proudly wear. Any sponsor involved with Ben should cut him. I will also not support any business that does pay Big Ben...other then the Pittsburgh Steelers. Rape accusations aside, Ben has been a notorious a-hole since coming to Pittsburgh.

just on an ironic note....and not disregarding your perrogative....
but it is kinda funny, making this statement, when your handle is madtowndrunkard....

i thought it was funny anyway....lol

Steelerfreak58
03-13-2010, 12:01 PM
The guy had 2 off duty cops with him that have stated they saw nothing out of the ordinary. One of those police officers was sober and had nothing to drink.... end of story.

chacha
03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Ben Roethlisburger =

And you're deciding this already soley based on heresay?

fansince'76
03-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I will also not support any business that does pay Big Ben...other then the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Then that makes you a hypocrite.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Ben Roethlisburger =

WHAT?

Did I sleep through the trial and guilty verdict???

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Then that makes you a hypocrite.

that.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Is this thing on (tapping the microphone" I said she bit me, who here would not have whacked her? I truely am sorry, obviously i need a girl who take a hit. Someone like me, #7, but with boobs. I would like to add, I have never complained after taking hit after hit from my swiss cheese O-Line. However I go out and find one girl in bar drinking where she shouldn't be and there she can't take a licking, well when I say a licking, I mean a hit, because we didn't have time for the licking part. I'm sorry, I used poor judgement again. I'm taking up the offer on a message board poster on steelersfever and will have them fill out an application, an NDA and whatever else my lawyers draft them, this will be signed in blood, before we get down and dirty. I would have my Oline filter my girls outs but they would run right through them and really provide me no protection.
Again, I'm sorry for poor judgement.