PDA

View Full Version : Would you draft a QB if a good one falls to you in top 3 rounds

ricksteelers55
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah let's say a very unexpected good QB falls to you in the top 3 rounds,would you spend a pick on a signal caller with the recent news on Ben or would you wait and give the ball to DD if anything happens?

Would you guys think that spending a high pick on a QB would send a signal to Ben that his poor decisions off the field arent going to be tolerate any longer and help get things back,or do you think it wouldnt change anything ?

just asking because it's offseason and there's too much time to kill before draft

jonslow
03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah let's say a very unexpected good QB falls to you in the top 3 rounds,would you spend a pick on a signal caller with the recent news on Ben or would you wait and give the ball to DD if anything happens?

Would you guys think that spending a high pick on a QB would send a signal to Ben that his poor decisions off the field arent going to be tolerate any longer and help get things back,or do you think it wouldnt change anything ?

just asking because it's offseason and there's too much time to kill before draft

I think under normal circumstances, if a first round quarterback fell to us in the third, I'd be all about taking him for value. Unfortunately, only two quarterbacks get first-round grades this year and neither will fall out of the top 10 (IMO).

Perhaps if Colt McCoy fell to us in the third I'd consider it, but I can't think of anyone I'd care to daft in the first three rounds at the QB position. Even guys like Tony Pike, Dan LeFevour and Jevan Snead don't warrant a pick in the top three rounds in my opinion, but they'll be drafted higher this year based on this draft being so weak at QB.

RJ1670
03-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Why would Ben care? Why does everyone seem to think he cares if the Steelers cut him? He could go out and get himself a new deal with another team. He won't be shunned by the NFL. As long as he's getting paid I doubt he cares by who.

BKAnthem
03-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Only if it's that Brown Kid from WV...but we have 2 good QB's on the roster...

jollyrob68
03-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I like Dan Lefevour,jevan Snead,Zack Robinson and I'd take one with the 5th rd compensation pick.