PDA

View Full Version : Ben is not a "predator" for going to a "college" bar

pittguy578
03-12-2010, 12:16 AM
A lot of people on these forums and in the media are trying to portray Ben as some type of sexual predator because he went to a "college" bar. The fact is this is a small area. Ben was out for his birthday with a group of friends. I am not sure how many bars in this area even have a "VIP" section where someone relatively famous can enjoy some semblance of privacy. Do people really think he would celebrate his birthday in an open bar with deer on the wall and 75 pickup trucks in the parking lot?

The other thing is if you go to any "happening" places in any city, the age group is under 30..actually probably closer to 25 depending on the night. Ben is only 28. Most people can tell the difference between an 18 and a 24 year old. However, the difference between an 20 year old and a 23-24 year old is minimal. Unless Ben was carding these girls, he would have no idea exactly how old they were. He knew they were adults. He knew they were drinking alcohol. People are making it look like he was hanging outside the freshman dorms waiting for the girls to move in.

tony hipchest
03-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Do people really think he would celebrate his birthday in an open bar with deer on the wall and 75 pickup trucks in the parking lot?

:sofunny:

good observations... great post.

i know i didnt finally admit to myself that i was an actual "adult" until i was 27, and even then i still didnt feel any obligation to act like one.

MACH1
03-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Do people really think he would celebrate his birthday in an open bar with deer on the wall and 75 pickup trucks in the parking lot?

Why does "squeal like a pig" and banjo music come to mind.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 12:34 AM

Lets see.......you mean the same guy that guest hosted a WWE RAW event??
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zog3HHxKXek&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zog3HHxKXek&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lets just say the fact that Ben hadnt shaved in a month and was wearing a "Drink like a Champion" t-shirt made it seem like he fit right in. Only thing he was missing was a wad of dip in his cheek and a John Deere hat while celebrating his birthday. :headshake:

steelerdude15
03-12-2010, 12:39 AM
To be honest, if he wanted to have sex with an eighteen year old he could do it, eighteen is the legal age.

tony hipchest
03-12-2010, 12:41 AM
:toofunny:

this thread is going places... :thumbsup:

the one thing we know for sure is ben likes to rock out .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, if he wanted to have sex with an eighteen year old he could do it, eighteen is the legal age.

:danceshout:

pittguy578
03-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Let's just say back when I was at Pitt, I did far worse things in terms of "contact" on the dance floor of our frat house. It was all consensual. There were literally hundreds of people there and the girls came with their friends and their sorority sisters. Everything was out in the open. I was average looking...shorter..skinny....was not the best talker..and I had no trouble. If you would see these girls sober and in class, you would say there were "good girls".. Not saying all of them were the best looking girls.some where..some weren't. I had beer goggles on..some of them had beer goggles on. We were both trashed .We took advantage of each other. Nothing criminal going on. If someone like me can do those kinds of things. I can easily see how athletes in these situations can get themselves into trouble.

steelerdude15
03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
this thread is going places...

the one thing we know for sure is ben likes to rock out.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:toofunny: Tony, your the greatest man

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Let's just say back when I was at Pitt, I did far worse things in terms of "contact" on the dance floor of our frat house. It was all consensual. There were literally hundreds of people there and the girls came with their friends and their sorority sisters. Everything was out in the open. I was average looking...shorter..skinny....was not the best talker..and I had no trouble. If you would see these girls sober and in class, you would say there were "good girls".. Not saying all of them were the best looking girls.some where..some weren't. I had beer goggles on..some of them had beer goggles on. We were both trashed .We took advantage of each other. Nothing criminal going on. If someone like me can do those kinds of things. I can easily see how athletes in these situations can get themselves into trouble.

Uh......thanks for letting us know about your life. But, I think the movie is called "She's out of Your League" covers most of your background.

The point is that 2-time Super Bowl winning QB's should be able to pull better talent without getting rape accusations. The kid needs to talk to Derek Jeter, Hank Baskett or even Jeff Garcia for advice on women.............not John Daly.

pittguy578
03-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Uh......thanks for letting us know about your life. But, I think the movie is called "She's out of Your League" covers most of your background.

The point is that 2-time Super Bowl winning QB's should be able to pull better talent without getting rape accusations. The kid needs to talk to Derek Jeter, Hank Baskett or even Jeff Garcia for advice on women.............not John Daly.

I was just pointing out that these girls out in these bars drinking are not innocent and neither are the guys. And Ben was not a predator for going to this bar.

steelerdude15
03-12-2010, 01:03 AM
And Ben was not a predator for going to this bar.
Correct and I've been saying this since news first broke, innocent until proven guilty.

steelreserve
03-12-2010, 02:20 AM
No, going to a college bar doesn't make him a "predator" or screwed up. For my own part, I'd be trying to get every girl in the place to suck my dick, and when I found one that did, you bet your bottom dollar I'd blow a load down her throat even though I told her I wouldn't.

But ... if I was getting accused of rape, I probably would just play some pool with my friends and leave. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out. I knew a guy in college who was accused of sexual assault in a similar situation (not an athlete, though, and he didn't actually rape the girl; it turned out they wouldn't even file charges against him) and he was kind of like, "Yeah ... while this is going on, I'm kind of laying low for a while." Don't know what the standard is for that, but it seems like it's kind of common sense.

zulater
03-12-2010, 05:57 AM
No, going to a college bar doesn't make him a "predator" or screwed up. For my own part, I'd be trying to get every girl in the place to suck my dick, and when I found one that did, you bet your bottom dollar I'd blow a load down her throat even though I told her I wouldn't.

But ... if I was getting accused of rape, I probably would just play some pool with my friends and leave. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out. I knew a guy in college who was accused of sexual assault in a similar situation (not an athlete, though, and he didn't actually rape the girl; it turned out they wouldn't even file charges against him) and he was kind of like, "Yeah ... while this is going on, I'm kind of laying low for a while." Don't know what the standard is for that, but it seems like it's kind of common sense.

I wish Ben had excercised the same sort judgement your friend did.

As to this thread, Ben did nothing wrong by going to any of those bars he did that night. He did a lot of things right in fact. He had a security detail, some would look at that as a douch bag sort of thing, but to me there's nothing wrong with that. No need to give some college punk a chance to prove his mettle by attempting to knock out the hot shot qb. He also had a designated driver. Good plan all around, right up until the moment he took a drunk girl that was a stranger to him prior to that night, into a secluded area of the club into a one on one situation.

solardave
03-12-2010, 06:47 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zog3HHxKXek&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zog3HHxKXek&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lets just say the fact that Ben hadnt shaved in a month and was wearing a "Drink like a Champion" t-shirt made it seem like he fit right in. Only thing he was missing was a wad of dip in his cheek and a John Deere hat while celebrating his birthday. :headshake:

:sofunny:

solardave
03-12-2010, 06:50 AM
A lot of people on these forums and in the media are trying to portray Ben as some type of sexual predator because he went to a "college" bar. The fact is this is a small area. Ben was out for his birthday with a group of friends. I am not sure how many bars in this area even have a "VIP" section where someone relatively famous can enjoy some semblance of privacy. Do people really think he would celebrate his birthday in an open bar with deer on the wall and 75 pickup trucks in the parking lot?

The other thing is if you go to any "happening" places in any city, the age group is under 30..actually probably closer to 25 depending on the night. Ben is only 28. Most people can tell the difference between an 18 and a 24 year old. However, the difference between an 20 year old and a 23-24 year old is minimal. Unless Ben was carding these girls, he would have no idea exactly how old they were. He knew they were adults. He knew they were drinking alcohol. People are making it look like he was hanging outside the freshman dorms waiting for the girls to move in.

It's time to realize that as the 2 time SB winning QB you might want to NOT PUT YOURSELF IN BAD SITUATIONS BECAUSE YOU HAVE BECOME THE MARK. IMHO this is just stupid on Ben's part. HE NEEDS TO GROW UP!!!:banging:

stillers4me
03-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Actually, I think Ben would love to celebrated his birthday in a bar with some deer heads hanging above it. I think Ben feels completely comfortable on the field, he's already proven that no situatiion or game is too big for him. but I never felt he's comfortable being put on the pedestal off the field, especially in Pittsburgh with a fansbase that once drove a 4 time superbowl winnng quarterback out of town.

I think Ben is extrememly generous with his money......I hope once the dust settles on this that someone who is close to Ben makes sure that people find out all the good things he does. He'll have to work very hard to repair the damage.....I can't wait to watch him make it up to the Rooney's by handing them another Lombardi trophy. He'll be more driven that ever.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
This isn't about a 28 year old being with a 20 year old. That is perfectly legal. I'm not sure how that argument plays into anything.

BB's lawyers will exploit this girl to no end and discredit her.

Think about it.

1) 20 year old in a bar(drinking age in GA is 21.)
2) 21 yearold drinking in a bar(drinking age in GA is 21)
3) Meets a guy for 5 minutes, and put herself in a bad position, be it wanting BB right than and now, or flirting etc.
4) If she is fine to do things after 5 minutes of meeting a guy, what about her past? Probably just as loose.
5) Did she show a fake ID to get into the bar, how did she get in? That would be illegal and a crime on several levels, not to mention the new homeland security laws and probably the Patriot Act.

Granted, I'm not saying BB shouldn't be more careful, because the dumbass needs to wake up. He obviously knows he is a target and travels with 2 off duty police officers at times, and or former officers. But with whatever facts that are out there right now, BB has some good ammo on his side.

They very well may get an indictment as indictments on cases like these are fairly easy to get because of the laws and loose evidence needed. But this girl doesn't understand what she is in for when she becomes under the microscope for her past and current life. Hell 1 through 4 above will thoroughly discredit here. She broke the law plain and simple entering to the club and drinking.

Ben will prevail.

pete74
03-12-2010, 09:04 AM
This isn't about a 28 year old being with a 20 year old. That is perfectly legal. I'm not sure how that argument plays into anything.

BB's lawyers will exploit this girl to no end and discredit her.

Think about it.

1) 20 year old in a bar(drinking age in GA is 21.)
2) 21 yearold drinking in a bar(drinking age in GA is 21)
3) Meets a guy for 5 minutes, and put herself in a bad position, be it wanting BB right than and now, or flirting etc.
4) If she is fine to do things after 5 minutes of meeting a guy, what about her past? Probably just as loose.
5) Did she show a fake ID to get into the bar, how did she get in? That would be illegal and a crime on several levels, not to mention the new homeland security laws and probably the Patriot Act.

Granted, I'm not saying BB shouldn't be more careful, because the dumbass needs to wake up. He obviously knows he is a target and travels with 2 off duty police officers at times, and or former officers. But with whatever facts that are out there right now, BB has some good ammo on his side.

They very well may get an indictment as indictments on cases like these are fairly easy to get because of the laws and loose evidence needed. But this girl doesn't understand what she is in for when she becomes under the microscope for her past and current life. Hell 1 through 4 above will thoroughly discredit here. She broke the law plain and simple entering to the club and drinking.

Ben will prevail.

1. your allowed to be in a bar at 18 in georgia. its georgia law. your not allowed to drink but you can certainly enter the clubs
2. we dont know if she put herself in a bad situation or not. ben could of been the one who put himself in the bad situation

Steeldude
03-12-2010, 09:06 AM
since when has being/hanging with a 20-22 year-old women a bad or wrong thing to do? they are all adults and they are generally very easy on the eyes. i realize the BR needs to be careful because of his status in the public eye and his wealth, but you can't blame him for wanting to be around attractive, young women.

i went out with a 21 year-old when i was 32 :thumbsup:

did i like every minute of it? hell yeah. well expect when she talked:blah:, then i was like :cya:

plenewken
03-12-2010, 09:27 AM

The t-shirt with a big Satan on the front he was wearing the night of the alleged assault, ain't gonna earn him a lifetime honorary membership of the Mensa Club either.

xbroughneck
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM

This.

Prince Charles was 12 years older than Princess Diana. If a woman is over 18 ANY guy can approach her. Now...SHOULD he? That depends on the guy and the girl. Some 18 year old women like older men.

IMHO an 8 year difference between a guy and a girl ain't squat. Perfect age seperation actually.

xbroughneck
03-12-2010, 09:37 AM

:drink::tt03:

SteelCityMom
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
This.

Prince Charles was 12 years older than Princess Diana. If a woman is over 18 ANY guy can approach her. Now...SHOULD he? That depends on the guy and the girl. Some 18 year old women like older men.

IMHO an 8 year difference between a guy and a girl ain't squat. Perfect age seperation actually.

Also, in legal terms of sex and sexual contact here, the legal age of consent in Georgia is 16...so he could have done a lot worse things.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I was just pointing out that these girls out in these bars drinking are not innocent and neither are the guys. And Ben was not a predator for going to this bar.

Not everybody that goes to a bar with a group of friends is freaky and looking to hookup in the bathroom. Some may be.

I was more referring to your somewhat creepy self description of being an awkward, skinny kid that was bad at conversation and still able to score. Just reminded me of the stereotypical movie nerd that finally gets laid. :pity:

Prok
03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
I wish Ben had excercised the same sort judgement your friend did.

As to this thread, Ben did nothing wrong by going to any of those bars he did that night. He did a lot of things right in fact. He had a security detail, some would look at that as a douch bag sort of thing, but to me there's nothing wrong with that. No need to give some college punk a chance to prove his mettle by attempting to knock out the hot shot qb. He also had a designated driver. Good plan all around, right up until the moment he took a drunk girl that was a stranger to him prior to that night, into a secluded area of the club into a one on one situation.

Good post. Do we have any actual facts that this occured yet or are we still one the "sources" info?

solardave
03-12-2010, 09:58 AM

Yeah and did you have a 100 million dollar contract with the most successful NFL team? This is you and that IS HIM. GIVE IT A REST!:banging::coffee:

zulater
03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Good post. Do we have any actual facts that this occured yet or are we still one the "sources" info?

Nothing harcore yet I'm afraid. Still just going by the leaked sources and common sense. I think at this point it's logical to conclude that for at least a brief moment of time Ben and the girl were isolated alone together in that bathroom.

Prok
03-12-2010, 10:07 AM
This.

fwiw my dad was 13 yrs older than my mom. somehow me and the g/f are within a year. go figure. lol

Prok
03-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Nothing harcore yet I'm afraid. Still just going by the leaked sources and common sense. I think at this point it's logical to conclude that for at least a brief moment of time Ben and the girl were isolated alone together in that bathroom.

yeah i agree. brief lapse of judgement imo.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM

Common Sense??? How dare you rely on common sense??

The cops are on it like its the Menendez double homicide and Ben hired the lawyer that defended Ray Lewis in a murder trial. I'm sure its just some college kids calling the cops for no reason. :rolleyes:

NJarhead
03-12-2010, 11:36 AM

That photo is a couple years old.

Northside Jonny
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I think Ben has the right to go anywhere he wants to, just like the rest of us.

WeegiesWarriors
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM

But you are a nobody. Sorry to be so blunt, but you are. Had you signed a 100 million dollar contract a year before and been in the public eye during an age of intense scrutiny you too would have an increase risk of sexual misconduct charges against you.

pittguy578
03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
But you are a nobody. Sorry to be so blunt, but you are. Had you signed a 100 million dollar contract a year before and been in the public eye during an age of intense scrutiny you too would have an increase risk of sexual misconduct charges against you.

That was actually part of my point. The primary problem with Roethlisberger's behavior is not the fact he engaged in "debauchery" if something really happened. The problem is he is a dumbass for putting himself in that situation with so much at stake. I am sure he could probably line up enough good looking sober Steelers fans to bang at his house if he wanted to. Either that or go to Canada and legally bang some 18 year old hookers if that is what gets him going.

SteelC7
03-12-2010, 06:55 PM
good post!!! finally someone telling it like it is. i swear, everyone on here wants ben hung by the thumbs and tortured for hangin out at a college bar, where else are u gonna meet some cute girls???

HometownGal
03-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I think Ben has the right to go anywhere he wants to, just like the rest of us.

Under normal circumstances, yes he absolutely does, but with a civil suit accusing him of basically the same thing (which we all know is total :bs:) hanging over his head in Nevada, he should be making better choices at this point in time.

tony hipchest
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
i would recommend anyone critical of ben to watch hbo's Magic and Bird- a courtship of rivals.

jerry buss took the young magic to the playboy mansion to score all sorts of 'tang.

its not bens fault the rooneys are prude. :chuckle:

really though, magic is quite candid and it is great insight to how a normal, rich, young, single, champion, american icon and sports idol is supposed to act (without contracting AIDS of course).

wear a rubber ben (or stick to blowies).

GBMelBlount
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Ben is not an animal....he is a human being.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DL2nEDCe0Hw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DL2nEDCe0Hw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HometownGal
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
He should just watch porn in the privacy of his home and paddle the minkey. :noidea: :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
03-12-2010, 08:43 PM
He should just watch porn in the privacy of his home and paddle the minkey. :noidea: :chuckle:

are you saying you want him to strengthen his throwing arm? :wink02:

Prok
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Under normal circumstances, yes he absolutely does, but with a civil suit accusing him of basically the same thing (which we all know is total :bs:) hanging over his head in Nevada, he should be making better choices at this point in time.

See that's the thing HTG. Ben is definately guilty of bad judgement in this instance. I think we all can agree on that too. But there are alot of people out there giving him the same treatment as OJ gets. BEFORE all the facts surface AND charges...

Like I said i used to really enjoy going to other teams mb's because it's good to get other perspectives in my case. But ya can't even have an opinion that Ben may even remotely have a chance at being innocent without a whole bunch (seems like) of ppl chiming in on why he is guilty, how he is guilty, yadda yadda.

Hell i can't even mention him being in my thoughts on my twitter page without ten freakin ppl chiming in.

I just stopped going altogether. It's not worth the malicious aggrivation IMO.

Then ppl have the nerve to say it doesn't affect us fans. That's BS. We are emotionally attached to our team and players, it comes with the territory i guess.

/end rant

wootawnee
03-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Ditto dude....