PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 reasons Steelers will win.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Using your average Steeler fan's logic....

5) Joey Porter likes to show opposing players him tummy in pre-game warm ups.

4) Back-up running back Jerome Bettis' story would make for a good movie.

3) The Steelers have 4 rings from 3 decades ago.

2) The Detroit Pistons like the Steelers more.

1) Lattes are gay.

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
And please don't forget... Bird poops on Steel, Steel fractures Bird's head! :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 05:45 PM
hhmmm, not sure how to take that post.. :coffee:

Sharkissle29
02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
take a class on learning what the word 'funny' means.

WWIIOwheelz
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
You have to admit, the first few Squeehawk fans were good guys, here. Not sure what happened.... lol.

*shrug* Doesn't matter. Man, time has seemed to stand still the past few days!

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 05:58 PM
You have to admit, the first few Squeehawk fans were good guys, here. Not sure what happened.... lol.

*shrug* Doesn't matter. Man, time has seemed to stand still the past few days!

Blame Joey Porter. I was just going to sleep my way through this game, but then he said his team was actually going to try to win the game, so now IT'S ON!!!!!

It's not my fault I'm a d*ck- it's Porter's.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey if took Porter to wake you up, then that doesnt say much about your loyalty now does it ?

**there now the tables are turned on the hawks fans crying about joey doing the talking* :grin:

SteelerzGirl
02-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Blame Joey Porter. I was just going to sleep my way through this game, but then he said his team was actually going to try to win the game, so now IT'S ON!!!!!

It's not my fault I'm a d*ck- it's Porter's.

If I recall, Joey's smack was a direct result of Jerramy Stevens' smack on Joey's teammate, Jerome Bettis. Hello! Earth to Portland Hawk Fan...

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 06:07 PM
If I recall, Joey's smack was a direct result of Jerramy Stevens' smack on Joey's teammate, Jerome Bettis. Hello! Earth to Portland Hawk Fan...
It wasn't actually smack just an observation and a belief that the Steelers will lose and Bettis won't get the trophy. His opinion which the media blew up into a non story and Porter being Porter did his thing which is to talk smack. It is a part of his game a way for him to get motivated not surprising to anybody that knows football and surely not the Seahawks.

BTW PortlandHawk stop acting the fool and take a cue from our team and be quietly confident that we will win tomorrow despite what the Skip Bayless's of the world say.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Top Five Reasons the Seahawks will win using your average Seahawk fan's logic....

5) Because when you think of football, you think of Seattle, that's for sure.

4) The media hasn't shown us the attention and respect we deserve. I mean seriously, we beat the Redskins and Panthers in that tough conference known as the NFC.

3) Because we have a motto that we ripped off from Texas A&M because we are having problems establishing our own identity in the NFL. Why do you think we wear the colors we do? Except us please? Please?

2) Hey, did we mention we have a QB that is bald? Yeah, seriously...he's bald. He also makes idiotic comments during coin tosses, but he's bald. That's a lock right there.

1) Finally, because we have never won a Super Bowl and we deserve it...:crying01:

My point here...........don't be an ass. It can go both ways.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Top Five Reasons the Seahawks will win using your average Seahawk fan's logic....

5) Because when you think of football, you think of Seattle, that's for sure.

4) The media hasn't shown us the attention and respect we deserve. I mean seriously, we beat the Redskins and Panthers in that tough conference known as the NFC.

3) Because we have a motto that we ripped off from Texas A&M because we are having problems establishing our own identity in the NFL. Why do you think we wear the colors we do? Except us please? Please?

2) Hey, did we mention we have a QB that is bald? Yeah, seriously...he's bald. He also makes idiotic comments during coin tosses, but he's bald. That's a lock right there.

1) Finally, because we have never won a Super Bowl and we deserve it...:crying01:

My point here...........don't be an ass. It can go both ways.

Alright- now we're talking. Some of that was pretty good. I liked the bald thing best!

Prediction: Steelers 54 Seattle 1.

WWIIOwheelz
02-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Portland fan: count yourself lucky you don't have to play against him tomorrow. That's a scary man, let me tell you.

You want to see what's so different about the AFC, and that's a good thing, because the Seahawks certainly will. "Finishing tackles" is defined well by this Pittsburgh Steeler team, and you will understand that soon enough.

Also, as others here have said, Joey Porter is simply getting the guys fired up, not unlike what he did before the Indy game. Did he deliver on the field? Yes, he did, but more importantly, he drew attention to himself by calling the Dolts "weak." It opened lanes for Polamalu, who totally, TOTALLY disrupted the game for Manning.

There is method to the madness, and if you allow yourself to, you can learn something about the game from this bunch. It's been special to watch this year.

My take? I can hardly believe the Steelers are only giving up 4 points in Vegas. If I were there, I'd be in the Caesar's Sports book with my betting slip on the Steelers in 4 figures, and the ****tail waitresses would be taking care of me. ;)

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=Portland Hawk Fan]Alright- now we're talking. Some of that was pretty good. I liked the bald thing best!QUOTE]

Hey thanks buddy! :sofunny:

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 06:17 PM
You want to see what's so different about the AFC, and that's a good thing, because the Seahawks certainly will. "Finishing tackles" is defined well by this Pittsburgh Steeler team, and you will understand that soon enough.....

My take? I can hardly believe the Steelers are only giving up 4 points in Vegas. If I were there, I'd be in the Caesar's Sports book with my betting slip on the Steelers in 4 figures, and the ****tail waitresses would be taking care of me. ;)

Yeah- what would the Seahawks know about the AFC?

You can bet on line- so put your credit card where your mouth is and mortgage the house!

bigbensgirl7
02-04-2006, 06:24 PM
you know....I really think you need to lay off the drugs...let me give you some reasons we will win:
1) We are more physical...we will make this game a street fight fight from the start...not something Seattle is accustomed to.
2) You're team seems a little nurvous and unexperience with the attention...eventhough this is the first SB for our guys...they are used to being in the spotlight and they know how to handle it.
3) Big Ben has confidence and has been on target and also has stayed out of the spotlight. Thanks to the Bus and Peazy!
4) Home Field Advantage...the Steelers don't have to beg for fans on Media Day and we all know that there will be at least 85% Steelers Fans
5) WE RIDE!!!!

WWIIOwheelz
02-04-2006, 06:26 PM
There's no need. What's at stake is far, far more important than money. The average person in here has probably spent more than what most people bet on new clothing for the Superbowl and fixings for all the parties & food! :)

The entire region here is transfixed, all walks of life sharing common Steeler ground, and everyone..... I mean EVERYONE wearing black & gold. The thought of money is the farthest thing from my mind, but as the champion of both my Picks League (taking spread into account) and my Fantasy league, if I was in Vegas, you know where my money would be, ALL bias aside.

That Seattle team had better bring all they've got & hope the Steelers leave some in the hotel.

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
It doesn't matter what you designate the list as... "Top 5" is fine, or "Top 5,000", the end result will remain the same.

I have one list why the Steelers will win, and just one thing on it.

The Steelers will win because they are the better team.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 06:39 PM
You don't have the luxury of playing in your pathetic conference. Your playing with the BIG DOGS now. Enjoy.

SteelersNation7
02-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Truit is will win for one reason the Steelers are better.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 06:55 PM
You don't have the luxury of playing in your pathetic conference. Your playing with the BIG DOGS now. Enjoy.
You may not like the result of our enjoyment...WOOF!

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 06:56 PM
You may not like the result of our enjoyment....WOOF!

Okay honey.:sofunny: :rolleyes:

Run along now. Save a tree.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Okay honey.:sofunny: :rolleyes:

Run along now. Save a tree.Hehe...:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Hehe...:sofunny:

Bandwagon.

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Just awful...stick to 90's grunge and coffee, guy. Football is clearly not your forte...

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Just awful...stick to 90's grunge and coffee, guy. Football is clearly not your forte...
Yes it is but I choose not get a pissing match on a Steeler board I am just here to gauge how the oppenent thinks it will go. Insults serve little purpose other than to show how little you know about me.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Bandwagon.
Given that I was 10 years old when the Seahawks came into being bandwagon is the last term you should call me, I won't bother calling you something in kind because I don't know you from Adam so it would serve no purpose.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Given that I was 10 years old when the Seahawks came into being

Well, that explains a great deal. Now all your ground breaking responses and views of this game tomorrow make sense. :idea:

Still, what does your age have to do with you jumping on the wagon after January of 06'?

43Hitman
02-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Given that I was 10 years old when the Seahawks came into being bandwagon is the last term you should call me, I won't bother calling you something in kind because I don't know you from Adam so it would serve no purpose.

You turn 11 next year right?

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
You turn 11 next year right?

No, it just seems that way.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, that explains a great deal. Now all your ground breaking responses and views of this game tomorrow make sense. :idea:

Still, what does your age have to do with you jumping on the wagon after January of 06'?
Actually I started really following the Hawks in 1979 and never had a computer until last year (I didn't have a clue as to how the worked until then) so it has been a good turn of events that I did learn the world of message boards in the last year or two I would say.:bouncy:

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
You turn 11 next year right?Yeah in dog years, whatever...

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Actually I started really following the Hawks in 1979 and never had a computer until last year (I didn't have a clue as to how the worked until then) so it has been a good turn of events that I did learn the world of message boards in the last year or two I would say.:bouncy:

And your still a "student"?

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah in dog years, whatever...

*Bites tongue*

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:15 PM
And your still a "student"?I went back to school to finish my degree in Environmental Science after 17 years in the workforce.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:16 PM
I went back to school to finish my degree in Environmental Science after 17 years in the workforce.

lol, I see. And you've also been a fan of the seahawks since "79".

This is good.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
lol, I see. And you've also been a fan of the seahawks since "79".

This is good.
Yes, sorry for any misunderstandings.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Yes, sorry for any misunderstandings.

lol, riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Sorry that I didn't realize that Seattle is a "football city" and you have been a hardcore Seahawk fan since 1979 and that your really that old.....:sofunny:

I'm still laughing at that one. Your mood speaks volumes. Very amusing to say the least. But hey, it's been great talking to one of those notorious 12th men...lol

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:30 PM
lol, riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Sorry that I didn't realize that Seattle is a "football city" and you have been a hardcore Seahawk fan since 1979 and that your really that old.....:sofunny:

I'm still laughing at that one. Your mood speaks volumes. Very amusing to say the least. But hey, it's been great talking to one of those notorious 12th men...lolYes I am "old" but less than saavy on computers. As to my mood well I better be amused since I am on a Steelers board. Forgot to show my age it should be there in my profile now.

steelcityjameser
02-04-2006, 08:47 PM
1- they are playing an NFC team.
2 thru 5- see reason no. 1.

jaysta
02-04-2006, 11:44 PM
1- they are playing an NFC team.
2 thru 5- see reason no. 1.

Right on target! But I don't think Seattle realizes yet that the NFC was much weaker than the AFC. At least some of their fans posting on this board haven't realized it yet. Can 6:30 get here any faster?!?:bouncy:

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Actually the main reason I am here is because it gets pretty boring agreeing with fans of your own team. At least here I can get a real opinion and a good if biased look at what to expect tomorrow. As for the AFC/NFC divide that is a media creation we were 3-1 against the AFC and they were no more special than any other team we played. This isn't baseball the conferences play by the same rules so the arguement is a strawman at best.

I do agree 6:30 pm can't come fast enough.:bouncy:

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Right on target! But I don't think Seattle realizes yet that the NFC was much weaker than the AFC. At least some of their fans posting on this board haven't realized it yet. Can 6:30 get here any faster?!?:bouncy:

Great- but Pittsburgh was the sixth best team in the AFC. The NFL isn't like the MLB and the product isn't as horrible as you want to believe.

Seattle got the matchup it wanted, thanks.

MagicHawk
02-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Seattle got the matchup it wanted, thanks.Actually in a perfect world I would rather be seeing Houston but you can't have everything.:bouncy:

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Actually in a perfect world I would rather be seeing Houston but you can't have everything.:bouncy:

HA!!!

Any given Sunday, as they say....

I feel so good about this game- not that my feeling has any impact on the outcome, but I've never felt this confident about a huge game like this in my life.

I truly believe we're the better team- even against a Steeler teams that kicked arse against some powerful teams on the road...

In a way, I'm almost more confident than I would have been had the Steelers played us in Seattle with one week's preperation...

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 01:28 AM
HA!!!

I feel so good about this game- not that my feeling has any impact on the outcome, but I've never felt this confident about a huge game like this in my life.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: if youre a seahawk fan youve never been in a game this huge in your life! you might as well be a saints fan saying some crap like that.:blah:

Da'Burgh
02-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Great- but Pittsburgh was the sixth best team in the AFC. The NFL isn't like the MLB and the product isn't as horrible as you want to believe.

Seattle got the matchup it wanted, thanks.
You dumb ass! Don't you realize this 6th seed beat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds? The FIRST 6th seed to go to the AFCCG let alone the Super Bowl. And they didn't beat the 1,2,and 3 spots in the NFC either. These are the drastically stronger AFC teams. The Super Bowl favorite Colts were one of them. That's a horrible defense on your part. To say this angry, pumped up, invincible feeling Steelers team is who the Seahawks wanna play is totally STUPID.

PERIOD

SalukiSteelers
02-05-2006, 08:22 AM
It wasn't actually smack just an observation and a belief that the Steelers will lose and Bettis won't get the trophy. His opinion which the media blew up into a non story and Porter being Porter did his thing which is to talk smack. It is a part of his game a way for him to get motivated not surprising to anybody that knows football and surely not the Seahawks.

Yeah, dude, it wasn't smack...riiiiiiight. And I'm sure there was no sarcasm in your 5 reasons post, either. Tell ya what, why don't you save the smack for somebody else. I'd be a little more worried about what YOUR team is gonna do and less about what OUR loudmouth is trippin' on. Go Steelers and send the Soggyhawks back home cryin'.

jaysta
02-05-2006, 08:34 AM
this 6th seed beat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds? The FIRST 6th seed to go to the AFCCG let alone the Super Bowl. And they didn't beat the 1,2,and 3 spots in the NFC either. These are the drastically stronger AFC teams. The Super Bowl favorite Colts were one of them. That's a horrible defense on your part. To say this angry, pumped up, invincible feeling Steelers team is who the Seahawks wanna play is totally STUPID.

PERIOD

They don't see it, won't see it, and it doesn't really matter. Now you know why I said that I don't think that either one of the Hawks fans posting in this thread even watch football. They have no clue what went on this year. Now, to say that they wanted to play the strongest, hottest team in the NFL in the biggest game of the year says worlds for their football knowledge. No wonder they come to our site for some insight on the game. If it was us vs. them instead of the players tonight, we'd win with a shut out.

clevestinks
02-05-2006, 08:36 AM
We will win, thats all you need to know!

Super Bowl XL, belongs to us!

GOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooSteelers!

jaysta
02-05-2006, 10:17 AM
We will win, thats all you need to know!

Super Bowl XL, belongs to us!

GOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooSteelers!

Well said! Here we go Steelers, :bouncy:

LambertIsGod58
02-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Hey if took Porter to wake you up, then that doesnt say much about your loyalty now does it ?

**there now the tables are turned on the hawks fans crying about joey doing the talking* :grin:

It's proven that the overwhelming majority of Seahawk fans are frontrunners....What other team in the NFL can still sell out games when they go 6-10 like we did? The true Seattle fans are the ones who have shown class on here.

seahawksfan
02-05-2006, 03:42 PM
It's proven that the overwhelming majority of Seahawk fans are frontrunners....What other team in the NFL can still sell out games when they go 6-10 like we did? The true Seattle fans are the ones who have shown class on here.

Seattle fans have been incredibly loyal to this club for it's entire 30 years. #12 was retired in 1984 in tribute to the fans. No different today.

seahawksfan
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah, dude, it wasn't smack...riiiiiiight. And I'm sure there was no sarcasm in your 5 reasons post, either. Tell ya what, why don't you save the smack for somebody else. I'd be a little more worried about what YOUR team is gonna do and less about what OUR loudmouth is trippin' on. Go Steelers and send the Soggyhawks back home cryin'.

Keep the cry towel nearby, it'll come in handy when the clock ticks down to 0:00 and the Steelers are once again denied a SB victory. 30 years in the waiting Seahawks! GO SEAHAWKS.

83-Steelers-43
02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Keep the cry towel nearby, it'll come in handy when the clock ticks down to 0:00 and the Steelers are once again denied a SB victory. 30 years in the waiting Seahawks! GO SEAHAWKS.

What was that? Where did you go? Eat crow. Eat it good. Good job making a complete ass out of yourself.