PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy?

Northside Jonny
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I know it's a BIG IF, but if Ben is facing a long term suspension and a lengthly court battle before the draft? What would you think of drafting McCoy in the 2nd?

devilsdancefloor
03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
NO! i still think if Ben is suspended or worse, then we hand Dennis Dixon the keys to the car.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jdrz7r.jpg

TheWarDen86
03-12-2010, 11:03 AM
All Ben stuff aside, I like that kid McCoy!

jonslow
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Digging the big red button. And I agree. There's no reason to spend a top draft pick on Colt McCoy. First of all, I'm just not a fan of McCoy. I think he'll be the next Mark Sanchez, but I'm not going to get into that topic.

We don't need another rookie quarterback. Dixon proved last year against the Ravens that he is fully capable. If Ben can't go for any reason, Dixon deserves the chance to get his shot, and I think he will prove he can be a serviceable backup at the very least.

If McCoy fell to the third (which won't happen) or a guy like Dan LeFevour or Jevan Snead were available in the 5th, then yeah, I say go for it. But not thanks to McCoy in the 2nd.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Let's see........Dennis Dixon has 1. A stronger arm, 2. Better athleticism, 3. Two years in the Steelers system, 4. about 3 inches taller than McCoy to throw over the O linemen.

Why waste a 2nd round pick on a kid that fits a West Coast system, when we dont run a west coach offense and have a better backup drafted already??? Cue the "sky is falling cat" BTW, I like the button too!!!

Northside Jonny
03-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Let's see........Dennis Dixon has 1. A stronger arm, 2. Better athleticism, 3. Two years in the Steelers system, 4. about 3 inches taller than McCoy to throw over the O linemen.

Why waste a 2nd round pick on a kid that fits a West Coast system, when we dont run a west coach offense and have a better backup drafted already??? Cue the "sky is falling cat" BTW, I like the button too!!!

First of all I am not saying take McCoy to start right away. Second I'm not saying McCoy is (Breese), but Breese hasn't had any trouble with being a "small" QB.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 11:50 AM
First of all I am not saying take McCoy to start right away. Second I'm not saying McCoy is (Breese), but Breese hasn't had any trouble with being a "small" QB.

First of all I am not saying that McCoy is a bad QB......he is a weak armed West Coast system QB and the Steelers dont run that type of offense.

Second, I'm not saying the guy cant play because he isnt tall. I'm saying he reminds me a lot more of Chase Daniels than Drew Brees. Third, he is a worse fit for the Steelers than Dennis Dixon is........I'd pass.

Northside Jonny
03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
First of all I am not saying that McCoy is a bad QB......he is a weak armed West Coast system QB and the Steelers dont run that type of offense.

Second, I'm not saying the guy cant play because he isnt tall. I'm saying he reminds me a lot more of Chase Daniels than Drew Brees. Third, he is a worse fit for the Steelers than Dennis Dixon is........I'd pass.

I don't think DD is a bad fit for the steelers BA just doesn't utilize his players strenghts

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't think DD is a bad fit for the steelers BA just doesn't utilize his players strenghts

Me Neither. I am saying that I think Dixon is a better fit at QB for the Steelers than McCoy is.........so NO, I dont want the Steelers to draft Colt McCoy. Let Cleveland have him.

Northside Jonny
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Me Neither. I am saying that I think Dixon is a better fit at QB for the Steelers than McCoy is.........so NO, I dont want the Steelers to draft Colt McCoy. Let Cleveland have him.

How about Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead? I think he has a lot of upside, both will be available late.

jollyrob68
03-12-2010, 11:17 PM
How about Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead? I think he has a lot of upside, both will be available late.

Dan Lefevour, Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead in the 4th or 5th. We need to Draft Toby Gearhart and get back to Steelers football. POUND THAT ROCK.

taztroy43
03-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Dan Lefevour, Zac Robinson or Jevan Snead in the 4th or 5th. We need to Draft Toby Gearhart and get back to Steelers football. POUND THAT ROCK.

I would perfer Lefevour...but since you're bringing up McCoy how bout we bring Tim Tebow in the conversation:noidea:..... :chuckle:

St33lersguy
03-14-2010, 02:31 PM
The steelers need to worry about defense. We don't need another QB anyway, we have Dixon, and can always sign a free agent QB to be a temporary backup