PDA

View Full Version : TE Ben Watson - 3 years, 12M - with the Browns

xfl2001fan
03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
A very nice addition. His number improved every year until Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth arrived in NE. He can catch a ball and block...and has enough speed to help spread the defense (llnebackers) out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4988424

XxKnightxX
03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I can find a way to bash Benjamin or the Browns on this one , but in all honesty, it is a GREAT signing for the browns. The guy can help out in the running game and whoever is under center this upcoming season is going to have a best friend in Watson. Not bad I can see the Walrus isnt just a future blubbernugget lol.

Psyychoward86
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
This is good signing. They need another dimension down in Cleveland.

HometownGal
03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice sign for the Browns, but they are in serious need of a guy to get the ball to Watson first. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
03-12-2010, 08:00 PM
All in good time HTG. This team has been broken for so long...it won't be fixed overnight. I'd love to say it wasn't destroyed overnight...but let's face it...Modell did it overnight for us.

The best part of the signing...all of the guaranteed money is paid in the first year. He's essentially a 1 year rental...and could be used as great trade bait next year if he does play decently enough.

Galax Steeler
03-13-2010, 07:10 AM
I am glad he signed with the Browns that leaves a big hole up in New England. I hope that team destructs this year.