PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Honor!?

Stillers#1
02-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Was just browsing the Seahawks website and noticed they have a Ring of Honor. The ring includes:

Steve Largent - One of the best players ever...good choice.

Jim Zorn - uhhhhh maybe I'm a bit young, but I had never heard of him until this year when I turned 23

Dave Brown - decent career stats

Pete Gross - once again am I too young? Because if someone is on a teams ring of honor, I thought I would be a big enough football fan to at least know who he is.

Curt Warner - pretty sure I used him on Tecmo Bowl (why wasn't Pittsburgh in that game? Does that make any sense to anyone? I mean we had to wait until Super Tecmo Bowl)

Jacob Green - ummm once again I must be mildly retarded, this is one of the greatest football players in Seattle history, and I have no clue. He played DE according to the website though.

Kenny Easly- good lord please put somone in this "ring of honor" that I know

Dave Krieg - HA I KNOW HIM......didnt he have something like 6-7 fumbles in a game? This makes perfect sense.

Chuck Knox - I think this guy coached the Bus in L.A./St. Louis....correct me if I'm wrong..guess thats good enogh reason for him to be there.

Well I was kinda upset when I realized that I wasn't sure if the Steelers had a ring of honor. I did some searching and realized they do.

IT'S IN CANTON, OH!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 07:42 PM
:tt: :tt: :tt:

No doubt, we are one of the best represented teams in the HOF !!

seahawksfan
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Indeed, the Steelers are well represented. Been around more than twice as long as the Seahawks. Our time will come. Largent and now Moon are in the HOF.

As for the moron who started this thread. Go back to drinking that gut-rut Iron City you guys claim to be beer. LOL.

Stillers#1
02-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh, how this moron wishes he could drink some Iron City, but sadly, I have to live in Spokane, Wa.

There was thought of us actually drinking Kokanee(talk about gut-rut). But the Class Six on base came up big and got us our order of Yunegling 1/2 barrel. Now thats beer baby!!!!

And seriously, Dave Krieg????!!!

We'll see where the 12th man in tomorrow, I'm betting he'll be trying to see from behind a bunch of TERRIBLE TOWELS!!!!

YOI!!!!! DOUBLE YOI!!!!!! TRIPLE YOI!!!!

Oh as far as the moron comment goes, "I am rubber you are glue, you have to insult me because your team is poo."

Stillers#1
02-04-2006, 07:57 PM
And Moon isn't going to go into the Hall as a Seahawk, just like Franco Harris didn't.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Warren Moon.........LOL, boy did we used to have fun with him. Nice to know he's a wife beater. Nice role model for the kids.

BlackNGold203
02-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Indeed, the Steelers are well represented. Been around more than twice as long as the Seahawks. Our time will come. Largent and now Moon are in the HOF.

You guys are claiming Moon????

be serious...Moon racked up his stats with the Oilers and Vikings dude....

silver & black
02-05-2006, 12:20 PM
:tt: :tt: :tt:

No doubt, we are one of the best represented teams in the HOF !!
Along with the Raiders!:busted:

silver & black
02-05-2006, 12:26 PM
And Moon isn't going to go into the Hall as a Seahawk, just like Franco Harris didn't.
Just an FYI... no one is inducted as anything. All of the teams a player has been with in his career are listed, none are ever inducted as a Steeler or as a Raider, etc... Most are rcognized as being a Steeler, Raider, etc... but not inducted into the Hall as such.

43Hitman
02-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Just an FYI... no one is inducted as anything. All of the teams a player has been with in his career are listed, none are ever inducted as a Steeler or as a Raider, etc... Most are rcognized as being a Steeler, Raider, etc... but not inducted into the Hall as such.

Really? I didn't know that. I always thought that the player declared which team he wanted to represent.

SalukiSteelers
02-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, the NFL is smart about the HOF. The player, not the hat, is what's really important.

silver & black
02-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Really? I didn't know that. I always thought that the player declared which team he wanted to represent.
The way I understand it, it is more or less a courtesy to allow the player to represent the team he chooses during the induction ceremony.

The honor of being inducted is for great play throughout a player's career, not what team he spent the most time with or won SB's with. It is recognition for for a standout career in pro football.

I live in Massillon Ohio. That is just 3 mile out of Canton. I have been to a few HOF inductions and to the Hall many times. The Raiders and the Steelers displays are back to back... kind of fitting, I think! :cheers: