View Full Version : Foote to visit Steelers Monday

mesaSteeler
03-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Foote to visit Steelers Monday
Friday, March 12, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10071/1042342-100.stm

Former Steelers linebacker Larry Foote may rejoin the team as early as Monday.

Inside linebacker Larry Foote will visit the Steelers offices Monday and, if he passes a physical, could reach an agreement to rejoin his former team, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Foote, who left the Steelers after the 2008 season to play with one year with the Detroit Lions, visited with the Arizona Cardinals yesterday and the Washington Redskins on Tuesday without agreeing to a contract.

Foote would be a backup with the Steelers. but he would also give them more flexibility at the linebacker position in case of injury at outside linebacker. He would also be a safeguard for James Farrior, who is 36.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10071/1042342-100.stm#ixzz0i1j71W4H

Fire Haley
03-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Between and him and Arnold Harrison - I'd take him. At least he is outta the tub and can play..

Prok
03-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Between and him and Arnold Harrison - I'd take him. At least he is outta the tub and can play..

Ya make a valid point.

Man i got my hopes up that McClain slips to us in 1 though. Seems alot of scouts etc are soured on him as of late but imo he'd be perfect fit for us.

Fire Haley
03-12-2010, 11:34 PM
There's still time to take a RB

Prok
03-12-2010, 11:45 PM
There's still time to take a RB

naw we'll go wr in 1 for sure now.

:chuckle:

7willBheaven
03-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Even if Foote comes back...it doesnt mean they wouldnt take an ILB in round 1.

slippy
03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
he does have the best name for a linebacker........FOOTE.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-13-2010, 01:44 AM
i'm hoping he comes back... he is a good football player, and you can never have too many of those on a roster.

pepsyman1
03-13-2010, 01:51 AM
i'm hoping he comes back... he is a good football player, and you can never have too many of those on a roster.

I agree. Here's a guy who knows the system, he's 5 years younger than Farrior, a year younger than Harrison and he's been a vocal leader in this defense. I think he's a Steeler at heart and a year playing for the Lions will make him thrilled to be back in the Burgh.

JHSilverback
03-13-2010, 02:38 AM
I'd love to have foote back..his use to run stuff on 1st and 2nd downs is what we need then on 3rd down bring in timmons

MACH1
03-13-2010, 02:41 AM
naw we'll go wr in 1 for sure now.

:chuckle:

Nah, tightend/fullback.

steelreserve
03-13-2010, 03:07 AM
Why the hell not.

If he does come back, I'd honestly see him mostly taking over Timmons' spot, and Timmons taking over Farrior's spot. Seems to be where they were best aligned. And Farrior probably starts to get relegated. I love the guy, but he really is walking on the edge of too-oldness.

steelreserve
03-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Also, I have to mention that I can't help but think what's going on is kind of cool. It's like ... OK, we know our team was full of badasses, and we had to let go of a few guys over money ... but now that there's no salary cap, the hell with it, we're just reassembling the exact same team of badasses and we're still confident the same guys will kick ass. Too awesome.

Galax Steeler
03-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Nah, tightend/fullback.

Quarterback:chuckle: I hope we do get Foote back he still has some good years of play ahead of him. We could see less play from Farrior if he comes back.

steelerdave1969
03-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Its simply time for the Steelers to move on and let this guy find a team to finish his career as a starter. The Steelers need to be looking to the future with the spot that he would be taking.

truesteelerfan
03-13-2010, 12:26 PM
I think it would be great to get Foote back....how do you think he'll feel about playing on special teams? We sure could use him in that role, and as a backup....I would think playing in that role would be expected.

chacha
03-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Also, I have to mention that I can't help but think what's going on is kind of cool. It's like ... OK, we know our team was full of badasses, and we had to let go of a few guys over money ... but now that there's no salary cap, the hell with it, we're just reassembling the exact same team of badasses and we're still confident the same guys will kick ass. Too awesome.

:thumbsup: Exactly!!!!

ricksteelers55
03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
what is this offseason about all the comebacks ?

no seriously I think we have no idea how big this would help our run D.

+ Foote could spell Farrior and Timmons and get to see some decent play times

devilsdancefloor
03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I am a little sour on foote at the moment. He basically threw a fit knowing he wasnt gonna get playing time and TOLD the FO release me. Well at the moment i feel like saying sorry larry suck on it go back to Michigan.

Set-Man
03-13-2010, 09:48 PM
There was a lot of talk about getting younger, now we are trying to get back all these guys we let go. Foote was okay against the run but nothing else. Move on to get younger guys. I would get Timmons geared for Farriors spot and find another ILB. Foote has already stated that he wants to play for a winner and then mentioned the Cardinals, not the Steelers. Why would we want him back after he left the team just one year ago?

GBMelBlount
03-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I am a little sour on foote at the moment.

No Foote fetish?

Glad to see an upbeat thread on Foote after getting beat up for supporting him recently.

A lot of positives if the price is right.

pittguy578
03-14-2010, 01:03 AM
There was a lot of talk about getting younger, now we are trying to get back all these guys we let go. Foote was okay against the run but nothing else. Move on to get younger guys. I would get Timmons geared for Farriors spot and find another ILB. Foote has already stated that he wants to play for a winner and then mentioned the Cardinals, not the Steelers. Why would we want him back after he left the team just one year ago?

I recall most people saying he was forced out. He didn't want to leave.
I don't think he left on bad terms. I think either A. He is realizing he wants to play for a winning team and B. The team realizes it lacks vocal leaders on defense to give it its swagger back. I think it is apparent the defense gave up last year..and in years past, Peezy or Foote would get them rekindled when that happened.

tony hipchest
03-14-2010, 01:15 AM
B. The team realizes it lacks vocal leaders on defense to give it its swagger back. I think it is apparent the defense gave up last year..and in years past, Peezy or Foote would get them rekindled when that happened.

no.

the team knows what it needs back is its stinky fart players like polamalu and smith.

"silent but deadly"

if what you said were true, detroit and miami would have made the playoffs last year and ray lewis would have the ravens in the SB every year.

all the talk is overrated. its nothing more than the icing on the cake as far as inspiring the team goes.

Psyychoward86
03-14-2010, 08:41 PM
No Foote fetish?

no.

the team knows what it needs back is its stinky fart players like polamalu and smith.

"silent but deadly"

u guys are absolutely priceless :chuckle:

SteelCurtain5643
03-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Rotoworld is saying Foote is expected to sign even before his visit tomorrow

austinfrench76
03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I like Foote ALOT! Not only is he a good football player BUT he is a high character guy. His story, about his son he didn't know he had and then shows up on his door step one day, is awesome! Foote takes care of his business on adn off the field. Bring him back, we need the karma right now!!!

Venom
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I would take Foote back in a heartbeat. When he left the Steelers to go to the Lions we knew just wanted to go back home. Can you picture that he went from a SuperBowl Champion team to a winless team the next year. You can never top that one.

stb_steeler
03-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I'd love to have foote back..his use to run stuff on 1st and 2nd downs is what we need then on 3rd down bring in timmons

I agree, i hated when i heard he was leaving. He has plenty of spunk left in him. He knows our system.

mesaSteeler
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/free-agency/report-larry-foote-on-verge-of.html
Report: Larry Foote on verge of deal with Steelers

The Redskins can scratch Larry Foote off their list of free agent targets. Foote, an inside linebacker who spent last season in Detroit, is apparently on the verge of signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Foote was en route to Pittsburgh on Sunday and could be agreeing to a three-year deal, according to a report in the Detroit News.

"I am excited to return," Foote told the News. "They called. I am going there right now and try to get something done."

Foote, who began his career with the Steelers, visited both the Redskins and the Arizona Cardinals last week. According to the report, Foote said there was a chance he still signed with Arizona, but there was no mention of Washington.

The Redskins were seeking a linebacker who could line up next to London Fletcher when the team switches to defense that relies more heavily on a 3-4 formation.

stb_steeler
03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
What next?......Plex coming back after he gets out......:noidea: Gettin to be a Steeler reunion around here.:partay:

GBMelBlount
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/free-agency/report-larry-foote-on-verge-of.html
Report: Larry Foote on verge of deal with Steelers

The Redskins can scratch Larry Foote off their list of free agent targets. Foote, an inside linebacker who spent last season in Detroit, is apparently on the verge of signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Foote was en route to Pittsburgh on Sunday and could be agreeing to a three-year deal, according to a report in the Detroit News.

"I am excited to return," Foote told the News. "They called. I am going there right now and try to get something done."

Foote, who began his career with the Steelers, visited both the Redskins and the Arizona Cardinals last week. According to the report, Foote said there was a chance he still signed with Arizona, but there was no mention of Washington.

The Redskins were seeking a linebacker who could line up next to London Fletcher when the team switches to defense that relies more heavily on a 3-4 formation.

Wow,

Let's hope so.

He's a good linebacker and good person.

This would be nice all the way around :thumbsup: