PDA

View Full Version : how is seattles silent count?

tony hipchest
02-04-2006, 08:26 PM
have they been practicing it this week? i know they play in st. louis once a year but they havent had much to cheer for this year. for the past 3 opponents the steelers are supposedly going against the "loudest fans" indy, denver, and now seattle. its funny how every team becomes the best at something when they face us. imagine how loud a domed house full of steelerfans would be.

or just tune in tomorrow.

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:29 PM
have they been practicing it this week? i know they play in st. louis once a year but they havent had much to cheer for this year. for the past 3 opponents the steelers are supposedly going against the "loudest fans" indy, denver, and now seattle. its funny how every team becomes the best at something when they face us. imagine how loud a domed house full of steelerfans would be.

Yes they have been practicing it because we consider Ford Field to a hostile environment since it doesn't take being a brain surgeon to realize we will have 10% of the crowd at best tomorrow.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 08:30 PM

Yeah they practiced it a bit.

Weird how Steeler fans knew to buy Superbowl tickets a year ago. Dude, the vast majority of the crowd at the superbowl doesn't even know what football is.

tony hipchest
02-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Dude, the vast majority of the crowd at the superbowl doesn't even know what football is.

:sofunny: hmmm. interesting. and you really believe that dont you? :cool:

you do know you couldve watched prior sb's even though your team wasnt in it right?:busted:

Suitanim
02-04-2006, 08:36 PM

Weird how Steeler fans knew to buy Superbowl tickets a year ago. Dude, the vast majority of the crowd at the superbowl doesn't even know what football is.
Mama always said stupid is as stupid does...

There will be 75% Steelers fans. I have friends shelling out $5,000 plus for tickets to the game. All the corporate schills have a price, and the Steeler Nation is willing to pay it.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Mama always said stupid is as stupid does...

There will be 75% Steelers fans. I have friends shelling out $5,000 plus for tickets to the game. All the corporate schills have a price, and the Steeler Nation is willing to pay it.

No, there will be 75% of people who don't know who the Seahawks are. Giving Ashley Simpson a terrible towel to wave around probably won't make a silent count necessary...

The crowd doesn't make a difference at the Superbowl.

DIESELMAN
02-04-2006, 08:41 PM

Since the vast majority will be Steelers fans then you don't have a clue.....
Steeler fans are everywhere the team plays and that IS the one thing they definitely know is....FOOTBALL!!!!! :helmet:

MagicHawk
02-04-2006, 08:50 PM
No, there will be 75% of people who don't know who the Seahawks are. Giving Ashley Simpson a terrible towel to wave around probably won't make a silent count necessary...

The crowd doesn't make a difference at the Superbowl.Couldn't have said it better myself as for the crowd being less a factor. As for watching the Super Bowl it is a fact most people that are not direct fans of the teams participating watch the game for the commercials!!!

CheapBasturd
02-04-2006, 09:59 PM

You go ahead and think that....

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I think we may all be pleasantly surprised..well most of us.. at all the screaming fans at the super bowl for us. I'd imagine by the end of the first half you'll be seeing our defense waving its hands in the air to cheer on the fans and they'll get a hometown response as good as any they've seen.

Most times the crowd isnt much of a factor at the SB but when u consider its the Steeler nation there and so close to Pittsburgh, well u know just never know.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM

again, your an idiot........everytime i read one of your post im amaxed at your intelligence.
It doesnt matter what they know about football......there gonna be loud.......there gonna be wearing black and gold.....waving the terrible towel........and the hawks are not gonna be able to handle that......the noise is gonna get to them........you watch the penalties.

aphiz
02-04-2006, 11:19 PM
in super bowl xxx, it was either aikman or irvin who said about 75% of the crowd were steeler fans, and that was in pasadena, so whosever 'crowd aint gonna be a factor' theory is full of bs. btw, just the thought of some rich chatchy w/ front row 50yd line seats, who doesn't know shit about football, and who's there just cause he can makes me f'in RAGE, 'punch a baby in the face' kinda rage'

tony hipchest
02-04-2006, 11:28 PM
in super bowl xxx, it was either aikman or irvin who said about 75% of the crowd were steeler fans, and that was in pasadena, so whosever 'crowd aint gonna be a factor' theory is full of bs. btw, just the thought of some rich chatchy w/ front row 50yd line seats, who doesn't know shit about football, and who's there just cause he can makes me f'in RAGE, 'punch a baby in the face' kinda rage' that was in tempe az which is is notably cowboy country. if you ever watched the cowboys play in arizona every year the crowd was always majority cowboys fans. not when the steelers were in town though. everyone was suprised cause it seemed like a given, due to the proximity that there would be a majority of cowboys fans.

anyways there is a distinct difference between the 95 cowboys and the 06 seahawks. and if crowd noise isnt a factor why does the seahawks fans brag about the "12th man" and how loud they are and play it up like its such a huge factor? kind of contradictory there

drizze99
02-04-2006, 11:37 PM
You Hawkers are in for a RUDE awakening tomorrow. There is going to be a sea of Black-n-Gold at Ford Field.

Oh, and ask Manning what it's like to deal with Steeler Nation. There was a moment in the game where the Colts were in the Red Zone and he was motioning for the crowd to quiet... but it wasn't his fans making the noise, lol!! He was trying to quiet the Steeler Nation and that wasn't happening!!

Portland Hawk Fan
02-04-2006, 11:59 PM
and if crowd noise isnt a factor why does the seahawks fans brag about the "12th man" and how loud they are and play it up like its such a huge factor? kind of contradictory there

The crowd noise isn't a factor because most people at the game don't really have a horse in this race. The crowd in Seattle screams thier lungs out when the defense is on the field like their very life depends on it. If the game was in Pittsburgh or Seattle and only Steeler or Seahawk fans were there, then the crowd would be a factor.

Tell me the last time you heard an announcer at a Superbowl game say, "I can't even hear myself talk!!!" I hear that every week at Seattle home games

Never in all my years have I ever noticed the crowd noise when watching the Superbowl- particularly recently, since its become a corporate schmooze fest...

"There's really no home-crowd feel to it. But you're really not focusing on the crowd anyway."

---Grant Wistrom

"Really, the crowd is not that much of a factor."

---Jamie Sharper

"It's like Hollywood. The stage is set. All you're going to see out there is a bunch of cameras flashing, a lot of fans sitting back relaxing and waiting to see who the best team is going to be."

---Chuck Darby

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 12:07 AM
sounds like those players are trying to convince themselves.

youve never seen the steelers in a sb huh?

if what you say is true why is seattle practicing its silent count????? lol

Koopa
02-05-2006, 12:08 AM
you dumb if you don't think it ain't gonna be dominated by the steeler fans, even the detroit natives will be cheering for us cause that guy that is called the bus is from there. it's gonna be very loud when the seahawks offenses is on the field, all he's gonna be seeing is yellow in the stands

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 12:19 AM
sounds like those players are trying to convince themselves.

youve never seen the steelers in a sb huh?

if what you say is true why is seattle practicing its silent count????? lol

Coaches prepare for everything. Spending a few minutes practicing a silent count is hardly shocking. I'd be shocked in Cowherd didn't do the same.

Will you come back and apologize after the game when you find out crowd noise wasn't a factor?

This really is a moronic topic.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 12:20 AM
you dumb if you don't think it ain't gonna be dominated by the steeler fans, even the detroit natives will be cheering for us cause that guy that is called the bus is from there. it's gonna be very loud when the seahawks offenses is on the field, all he's gonna be seeing is yellow in the stands

Ok- rely on the crowd to carry you. After all, you need something to keep your hopes up...

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Ok- rely on the crowd to carry you. After all, you need something to keep your hopes up...

what did you say "12th man"? i couldnt hear you over all the crowd noise!

the steelers have been working off the silent count for the past month. where you been?

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 12:37 AM
what did you say "12th man"? i couldnt hear you over all the crowd noise!

the steelers have been working off the silent count for the past month. where you been?

What will you do now that you don't have the "us against the world" card to play?

This is exactly why Ben has been sequestered from America....

The Steelers have a handful of great players.

The Seahawks are a cohesive organism that will destroy you.

Remember, the hair is part of the uniform....

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 01:05 AM
What will you do now that you don't have the "us against the world" card to play?

This is exactly why Ben has been sequestered from America....

The Steelers have a handful of great players.

The Seahawks are a cohesive organism that will destroy you.

Remember, the hair is part of the uniform....

are you threatening a 3rd grade, schoolgirl, hair pulling, type of fight?

classic!

while your team is worried about the "world", steelers have been focussing on the seahawks.

advantage: steelers

(btw- ben has been studying. what has hasselbeck been doing other than begging for fans which you proclaim they dont need or wont make a difference? there are just too many holes in your arguments)

MagicHawk
02-05-2006, 01:08 AM

classic!

while your team is worried about the "world", steelers have been focussing on the seahawks.

I would wager to say it would be better put as this....THE FANS are worried about the world but make no mistake the SEAHAWKS only care about the STEELERS.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 01:25 AM

classic!

(btw- ben has been studying. what has hasselbeck been doing other than begging for fans which you proclaim they dont need or wont make a difference? there are just too many holes in your arguments)

Hasselbeck did his studying long ago- now he's among the best QB's around.

I hope for your sake that Ben gets all his studying in before the test...

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 01:40 AM
Hasselbeck did his studying long ago- now he's among the best QB's around.

I hope for your sake that Ben gets all his studying in before the test... you mean ben "i have twice as many playoff wins and half the losses as hasselbeck" roethlisberger?

yeah i think hes studied up. so hasselbeck finished his studying long ago huh? you mean the weeks he played the 49ers?

but matt is in the sb with bens so technically, yes, he is "among the best qb's around"

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 01:43 AM
you mean ben "i have twice as many playoff wins and half the losses as hasselbeck" roethlisberger?

yeah i think hes studied up. so hasselbeck finished his studying long ago huh? you mean the weeks he played the 49ers?

but matt is in the sb with bens so technically, yes, he is "among the best qb's around"

That's why they play it on the field.

I have no disprespect for Ben whatsoever, unlike Steelers' fans feelings for Matt...

As an NFL fan, I'd be shocked if a 2nd year kid was the main factor in the Superbowl.

If he is, he's a legend and deserves the praise you're giving him.

tony hipchest
02-05-2006, 02:02 AM
That's why they play it on the field.

I have no disprespect for Ben whatsoever, unlike Steelers' fans feelings for Matt...

As an NFL fan, I'd be shocked if a 2nd year kid was the main factor in the Superbowl.

If he is, he's a legend and deserves the praise you're giving him.

i picked m. hasselbeck as my ff sleeper 3 years ago when he finally broke out. him and k. robinson. ive known he would be good for a while. (i always trusted m. holmgrens judgement in him). i like hasselbeck and have followed him pretty good and know what he can do. he was my qb the year he went into overtime against gb and i thought he showed alot of moxy. and he was alwqays a stud in pre season as farves back-up. you could tell he was way more than a back up way back then.

slim shady
02-05-2006, 07:56 AM

well, until this year, there were 75% of people in seattle that didnt know who the seahawks were.....and I beg to differ, if the crowd is 75% "steeler fans"....there will be a difference.