PDA

View Full Version : Game day preps

DIESELMAN
02-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Game day:
In keeping with Coach Cowher's choice of jerseys, go with white underwear for the game.

The game has a 6:30 p.m. start. Don't start drinking early; you may not make it to the second half. We're looking for fans who can give us 60 moderately sober minutes. Counting the ads and half-time show, that's four moderately sober hours.

Don't get up at 6 a.m., and ask your Mom is it time yet, as if this were Christmas. This goes for you kids, too. If you can't handle day-long stress, sleep in until 6 p.m.

During the game:
When the Steelers score, don't spike the dip. Just hand it to the host. Act like you've been to a Super Bowl party before.

No premature celebration. "Premature" means less than a six-touchdown lead with 9 seconds to go and the Steelers with the ball on the Seattle goal line.

If you're new to football, pick your spots, maybe during an ad, for your eye-rolling questions, such as "What's a down?" or "Who are they playing again?"

If you're hosting a Super Bowl party, provide a rubber room in case things go wrong or the game becomes too tense for your guests, such as a Steelers lead of less than 42 points.

Post-game
Be sure to think it through, and be aware of the rug quality, if you're tempted to douse your party host with Gatorade.

courtesy of The Pittsburgh post-gazette

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Nice........thanks for the good laugh DIESELMAN.

DIESELMAN
02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Nice........thanks for the good laugh DIESELMAN.

I was hoping a few would get a kick out of it........I liked the rubber room part.....lol

Koopa
02-04-2006, 08:17 PM
i ain't going to have a party but that rubber room might be good for me, not only for this game but for any game, i go nuts for some reason.

BlackNGold203
02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
LMAO....Excellent advice Diesel.....

BlitzburghRockCity
02-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Don't get up at 6 a.m., and ask your Mom is it time yet, as if this were Christmas. This goes for you kids, too. If you can't handle day-long stress, sleep in until 6 p.m.

Who can sleep !! much less sleep in ?? :bouncy:

FisherMOM
02-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Game day:

No premature celebration. "Premature" means less than a six-touchdown lead with 9 seconds to go and the Steelers with the ball on the Seattle goal line.

If you're new to football, pick your spots, maybe during an ad, for your eye-rolling questions, such as "What's a down?" or "Who are they playing again?" :blah:

LOL...those were perfect!!!!!

I definately, hands down agree with the "NO Premature Celebration!!" Rule!!!!

luvmysteelers
02-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Good one, thanks for posting that! Sleep til 6pm? its 6:30 am and I'm up already. HELP!