PDA

View Full Version : Twitter- LaDanian Tomlinson is now a Jet

tony hipchest
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
as per adam schefter whos tweet of the breaking news beat jay glazer's by 5 minutes.

gotta love twitter scoop wars... :thumbsup:

Big D
03-14-2010, 05:32 PM
as per adam schefter whos tweet of the breaking news beat jay glazer's by 5 minutes.

gotta love twitter scoop wars... :thumbsup:

this has to be a move on lt's part hoping to start. If he really wanted to win you would think he would have a better chance in minny with favra and chilly

tony hipchest
03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
this has to be a move on lt's part hoping to start. If he really wanted to win you would think he would have a better chance in minny with favra and chillyit is also probably a saving fave move by the jets for letting t. jones escape for less than $3 mil/year.

if tomlinson came for less than $2.5 i'd be a bit disappointed the steelers didnt show interrest, but then again, he may have simply looking for the opportunity that afforded him the most carries plus the best chance at post season. (patriots gotta be kicking themselves).

Psyychoward86
03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/14/tomlinson-agrees-to-two-year-deal-with-jets/

Nadroj 20
03-14-2010, 07:14 PM
So they want LT but not thomas jones coming off his best year :noidea:

Psyychoward86
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
So they want LT but not thomas jones coming off his best year :noidea:

it's all about the dolores my friend

steelerdude15
03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Nice pick up for the Jets, I think he'll fit in pretty well there.

MasterOfPuppets
03-14-2010, 11:47 PM
it is also probably a saving fave move by the jets for letting t. jones escape for less than $3 mil/year.

if tomlinson came for less than $2.5 i'd be a bit disappointed the steelers didnt show interrest, but then again, he may have simply looking for the opportunity that afforded him the most carries plus the best chance at post season. (patriots gotta be kicking themselves). thats it right there...LT is in denial that his skills have regressed. he'll certainly steal more carries from shonn greene than he could from arguably the best back in the league at present time.plus the jets probably have a top 3 in the league oline.

tony hipchest
03-15-2010, 12:04 AM
this is very interresting.

the jets let jones escape for $5 mil/2 years. they sign tomlinson for $5.1 mil/2 years (with escalators that could raise it to $5.6 mil).

it looks like the jets wanted to gamble and misplayed their hand. jones was a locker room favorite, and was certainly still productive (one of the most productive backs in the past 4-5 years).

the jets can save face and say they thought they were trying to make the team better by catching a falling sword.

the way things are going with larry johnson signed for $4 mil/season, fast willie may have no choice but to come crawling back to the steelers begging for a job. (i think the texans are a darkhorse to prevent that).

steelreserve
03-15-2010, 02:08 AM
the way things are going with larry johnson signed for $4 mil/season, fast willie may have no choice but to come crawling back to the steelers begging for a job. (i think the texans are a darkhorse to prevent that).

You bet your ass he'll be crawling, because if we even think about re-signing that bum, I'm liable to go all Tonya Harding on him.

Galax Steeler
03-15-2010, 04:19 AM
You bet your ass he'll be crawling, because if we even think about re-signing that bum, I'm liable to go all Tonya Harding on him.

Hopefully you won't have to worry about that.:toofunny:

Nadroj 20
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
it's all about the dolores my friend

What? if you mean dollars read tony's post they are actually paying more for LT, and it doesnt make sense to me.

XxKnightxX
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM
What? if you mean dollars read tony's post they are actually paying more for LT, and it doesnt make sense to me.

This is a headscratcher like mentioned before, but being from the Jets and Giants era I just figured something out. New Stadium + Free Agents+ Big time names (LT)= more tickets and PSL sales.

So besides an odd move it had a lot of PR move written all over it. SMart Choice by LT thogh, one of the most powerful O lines he wont be taken so many hits . At least till u come back to the BURGH...AGAIN. Good luck with MR Farrior:tt04:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-15-2010, 05:48 PM

I think you meant Gilooley.

Maybe Supa Fly can be your accomplice. :noidea: Remember that guy?? Man I love the offseason chat thread derailment. :m16: