PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote Signs

PittdaBurgh56
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Jason La Canfora, of NFL.com, reports via Twitter that the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed free-agent LB Larry Foote (Lions) to a three-year deal worth $9.3 million. The deal includes a $1.8 million signing bonus

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0iG8pd2dh

I guess its official we signed larry foote back. Whats this mean for the draft now? Is ILb out of the question now for the first round.

thermoman
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
probably, OL, DL, OR CB at pick 18 now...

taztroy43
03-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Well this might take off the possibility of two LB that I want to see in black and gold.....they areILB McClain and OLB/ILB Spoon!!! well I guess now they can focus on improving the secondary and both sides of the LINE early!!! all in all i think this was a good signing because it gives the Steelers a lot of versatility @ LB!!!:thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
03-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Cool Welcome back Mr. Foote.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
I can still see either an ILB prospect taken, or an OLB prospect. Behind Woodley and Harrison, the #1 backup is Timmons....mainly because of the failure of the Bruce Davis pick.

Northside Jonny
03-15-2010, 01:01 PM
It looks like an OLB(Spoon) prospect wouldn't be out of the question. I love how the FO has filled in most of the holes going into the draft. It's gonna be hell for the other teams to predict where the Steelers are going come draft day.

jonslow
03-15-2010, 09:09 PM
It looks like an OLB(Spoon) prospect wouldn't be out of the question. I love how the FO has filled in most of the holes going into the draft. It's gonna be hell for the other teams to predict where the Steelers are going come draft day.

It's already getting tough. It'd be easy to overlook safety and linebacker after the recent signings, but we still need depth and youth at those positions. I'm sure they'll address those needs, but it's tough to tell when at this point. I really think it's starting to look like o-line in the first round with some certainty. After that, it's going to be a proverbial shot in the dark.

taztroy43
03-15-2010, 10:45 PM
It's already getting tough. It'd be easy to overlook safety and linebacker after the recent signings, but we still need depth and youth at those positions. I'm sure they'll address those needs, but it's tough to tell when at this point. I really think it's starting to look like o-line in the first round with some certainty. After that, it's going to be a proverbial shot in the dark.

yeah i completely agree w/u...but I think if Earl Thomas is on the board they might pick him up instead of an OL.....they might even go w/ a CB in their first if and only if Haden is there(or if they trade down and take Kyle Wilson).....the way i see it playing out is that Haden and Thomas would be gone by the time we pick so we might trade down and take Pouncy,Iupati, or Dan Williams in the first and in the second they'll probably go after a quality CB(I'm hoping they pick up CB Chris Cook out of Virginia) and then in the 3rd they might go with a Safety or an OL/DL depending on what type of Linemen they chose in the 1st!.....after that they can pick the BPA.....its going to be interesting to see the Steelers draft this year....and if they trade down in the first they will surely pick up a lot of talent in a lot of positions that aren't really of need because of our FA acquisitions.....:tt04: :tt03: