PDA

View Full Version : If Ben stays out of the jail, will offense be near top of league?

pittguy578
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Just wondering..if Ben does stay out of jail, will our offense rival that of the Saints..seriously? Personnel wise, I think they have what it takes.

I cannot think of a team that has better wide receivers/tight ends in the NFL

We have.
1. Holmes
2. Wallace
3. Ward.
4. Randel-El
5. Battle
6. Heath Miller
7. And the guy that peed outside Heinz Field and got Jeff Reed arrested again.

NEPAsteeler
03-15-2010, 11:02 PM
I think we have a great Receiving corp. If we start running the ball better and improve on our rushing numbers from the past few years, the offense will definitely be something awesome.

JackHammer
03-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I wanna see how the RB situation shakes down before I say whether or not we'll be one of the top offenses in the league. We do have a great stable of WR's/TE's and they'd be even better if we actually used play-action on a consistent basis. I'm not the type to say we need to go back to our power running style, but I do think we need to run it effectively enough, and use P/A consistently to take our total offense to the next level.

JHSilverback
03-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I heard the ravens got themselves a pretty good wr corp :rolleyes:

Vincent
03-15-2010, 11:11 PM
As the OL goes, so goes the offense. When the OL was on, they were formidable. They can put up some points. I think last year left a bad taste and they are together yet another year.

I'm rather hopeful that the FO will keep its @#$% together and ride the Ben storm out. If Garland thinks he' guilty, he'll stall it til the next off season.

We can get another run out of this bunch, and I believe the FO is playing it that way.

Mendy is going to be great.

tony hipchest
03-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Just wondering..if Ben does stay out of jail, will our offense rival that of the Saints..seriously? Personnel wise, I think they have what it takes.

we have bruce arians. the saints have sean payton.

advantage... saints.

in the case of the ravens we beat them at the skills positions but they have the o- line and cam cameron.

advantage... push

steelerdude15
03-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Yes.

Steel_Bus_24
03-16-2010, 01:41 AM
eh I dunno.....on paper it looks like we might...........but everybody thought we were going to explode after the 07-08 season as well......or at least be way better then what we got that year.....It was in fact the Defense that lead us to the SB though we showed a remarkable knack for winning close games

I rather not try to have to win shootouts with teams like the Pats, Saints, Chargers, Packers, Colts

Galax Steeler
03-16-2010, 04:34 AM
I heard the ravens got themselves a pretty good wr corp :rolleyes:

Yea but the only difference is they don't have a quarterback named Ben.:tt04:

rich4eagle
03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Steelers will have big time offense if Ben is on the field

vrabinec
03-16-2010, 03:02 PM
If the new o-line coach is worth a damn (he's got to be better than Zir-man), then we might actually lead the league in offense instead of defense for a change.....IF Ben plays. If not, then I predict we'll be in the top 25.

steeltheone
03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
We might need a big time Offense if the Defense plays like last year....

RoethlisBURGHer
03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
As long as we run the ball more than we did last year and Mendenhall keeps the pigskin off of the ground, the offense should be good. And I don't mean run the ball 70% of the time, I would just like to see some more balance.

Tone's Toes
03-16-2010, 04:33 PM
If they add an O-Lineman that can play right away in round 1 or 2 of the draft, the offense will be very good. But they need a OT that can protect Ben better so he can get the ball to the good WR's or they need a OG or C that can anchor the interior of the Line and blow open some running lanes so they can run the ball better and not have to worry about pass protection as much.

pete74
03-16-2010, 04:46 PM
alot of you dont seem to like iupati but i think we need him. he will start almost immediatly at guard and open up alot more holes for the running game that we didnt have last year, especially on 3rd downs. with his size and long arm length he can also move to tackel in a year or 2 or be switched there if an injury occures. i think he is a safe pick and a really good one. he has some problems with his hands but every sdingle player has certain problems that need work

Dino 6 Rings
03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
It would be nice to have a top 5 offense with a top 5 defense.

Corey120120
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
alot of you dont seem to like iupati but i think we need him. he will start almost immediatly at guard and open up alot more holes for the running game that we didnt have last year, especially on 3rd downs. with his size and long arm length he can also move to tackel in a year or 2 or be switched there if an injury occures. i think he is a safe pick and a really good one. he has some problems with his hands but every sdingle player has certain problems that need work

i agree. its always good to have holes for the running back:thmbup:

Curtain_of_Steel
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
So signing ARE and Battle pushed us to have the top WR corp?lol 2 teams who cut them sucked, absolutely sucked and these 2 players couldn't help those sucky ass teams? Doesn't that tell you anything? Battle has been signed for ST's since we can't tackle worth a shit there, that is where he is going. Unless some big time injuries occur where is he going to play? in a 6 wr set?lol
ARE is #4 at best if the wind is blowing the right way.

The Steelers need to run a little bit more productivly as we have yet to address anything in that area. Which probably isn't going to happen from an impact standpoint. If Steelers hold on to the leads than BB will pass less, than people will cry his stats are down. His stats were up because we were in tight games most of the time and he had to keep pulling wins out of his ass to save the teams lapse in defense.

markymarc
03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
We had a top offense last season, but still only ended up with a 9-7 record.

stillers4me
03-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I still think we need to improve the running game and 3rd down/redzone situations, with or without Ben. Even if nothing comes out of these allegations, Ben is only 1 or 2 concussions away from forced retirement and the Steelers need to be prepared for life without him.

Nadroj 20
03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
I still think we need to improve the running game and 3rd down/redzone situations, with or without Ben. Even if nothing comes out of these allegations, Ben is only 1 or 2 concussions away from forced retirement and the Steelers need to be prepared for life without him.

Sad but true, Its scary to think everytime he gets hit we will all hold our breathe and pray that isnt the one that ends his career.

Cinnjerm
03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Am I missing something. I mean, even though we went 9-7 last year we did still finish the season with the number 7th best offense in the league. Is there really a reason to assume that that would change in just a year (assuming BB plays). Yeah sure, the defense fell off last year, but the drop was from god-status to sixth in the league. :noidea: And that was with 43 (our best athlete) missing for more than half the season. If you also take into account that 09 was essentially Mendy's first year and he still rushed for over one thousand yards with limited touches, then you can see how this year should prove to pan out better than last year by leaps and bounds. :tt02:

..but that's just my two cents :chuckle:

rick723
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM

I cannot think of a team that has better wide receivers/tight ends in the NFL

We have.
1. Holmes
2. Wallace
3. Ward.
4. Randel-El
5. Battle
6. Heath Miller
7. And the guy that peed outside Heinz Field and got Jeff Reed arrested again.

I think if Ben don't stay out of jail, he'll be running around with one hand covering his mouth and the other covering his ass. He will be Mrs. BUBBA!

markymarc
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Even if nothing comes out of these allegations, Ben is only 1 or 2 concussions away from forced retirement and the Steelers need to be prepared for life without him.

You bring up a good point. The way Ben plays and gets hit so much, you do have to be concerned with him getting anymore concussions.

Corey120120
03-29-2010, 09:20 AM
You bring up a good point. The way Ben plays and gets hit so much, you do have to be concerned with him getting anymore concussions.

Ya plus he was in the motorcycle accident and everything, he is only a couple good hits from retirment:crying01: