PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sport other than football?

NEPAsteeler
03-15-2010, 10:10 PM
What's everyone's favorite sport other than football?

For me, it would have to be hockey. I have the Pittsburgh Pens and I have my hometown Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pens. Speaking of which, they're bringing Lord Stanley's Cup for a re-visit to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area on Wednesday during the Baby Pens game.

jonslow
03-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Gotta be baseball... Baseball was the first sport I ever watched. My dad worked for the Pirates' Diamond Club when I was five or six. He had an office under the stadium (Three Rivers at that time), so we'd go down there before games and see players and coaches walking around or go to batting practice before everyone else could get in. It just kind of took off from there. I played tee-ball through senior year of high school and wish I'd have played some sort of organized baseball in college. Either way, you have to love a sport steeped in a century and a half of tradition.

xfl2001fan
03-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Basketball - Fast paced non-stop action. Can't play worth a lick, but it's so much fun to play.

Nadroj 20
03-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Basketball for sure is my favorite sport other then football. I quit playing football in 8th grade and played basketball all 4 years of high school. So as far as playing my love goes to basketball. But watching sports football and basketball are equal for me.

SteelCityMom
03-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Hockey for me as well, and I was a hockey fan well before I became a football fan.

NEPAsteeler
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Hockey for me as well, and I was a hockey fan well before I became a football fan.

I didn't go to my first hockey game till the 2007-2008 season when I went to my first Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pens games. Ever since then, I've been hooked. What really intrigues me is the fact that a good portion of Pittsburgh players played out here in Wilkes-Barre before they made it to the NHL and I got to see them before they made it big. :applaudit:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Hockey or MMA.

Hockey is really hard to follow where I live, but I go to as many MMA shows as I can and have some training in it myself.

steeldawg
03-22-2010, 08:31 PM
What's everyone's favorite sport other than football?

For me, it would have to be hockey. I have the Pittsburgh Pens and I have my hometown Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pens. Speaking of which, they're bringing Lord Stanley's Cup for a re-visit to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area on Wednesday during the Baby Pens game.

There are others?

NEPAsteeler
03-22-2010, 09:00 PM
For some of us, yes. There are indeed other sports. :chuckle:

JackHammer
03-24-2010, 12:08 AM
I hold football and hockey on equal ground. They're both my favorite sports. It's mainly because I've played a lot of hockey and was born and raised in Western PA(ie football country).

Borski
03-24-2010, 01:30 AM
I rank em

Football
Baseball
Hockey

The rest I could care less about.

Galax Steeler
03-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Hockey

HometownGal
03-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Hockey hands down. I also enjoy NASCAR in the offseason.

X-Terminator
03-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Hockey, and it's getting pretty close to becoming my #1 sport.

steelreserve
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd have to say hockey. Any other pro sports (including football) have basically been unwatchable for the past decade here in the Bay Area. Collee sports have been pretty piss-poor as well except for Cal and St. Mary's doing well at basketball recently.

I make it to a few SMC games a year ... apart from that, a handful of A's games are all I can stomach, and that's mainly for the experience of occasionally spending a nice summer day getting drunk at the ballpark; the team has sucked too badly to go there with much regularity.g

steelax04
03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Lacrosse... not one of the big four, but they have two professional leagues (NLL indoor and MLL outdoor). Pittsburgh even had the Bulls and Crossfire (both indoor), but it just didn't catch on.

Some game replays from NCAA games:
http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/channels?channel=3578796

Matty™
03-30-2010, 12:33 PM
soccer baby :D

can't beat 2010, lol best season of fooball I've EVER seen from a toon point of view lol