PDA

View Full Version : Baby come back .....

OneForTheToe
03-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you

Did I really just post a Hall and Oates song? :huh::puke::shootme:

Ok, so that has been the theme so far this off season. So I am wondering, which of our present free agents has chance of resigning with the Steelers? Most likely any signings now will be after the draft. I excluding Charlie Batch because, at this point, given everything going on, it is almost a foregone conclusion that he will be back, IMO.

So, who is most likely back?

OneForTheToe
03-16-2010, 01:20 AM
As for me I picked Eason - because I think we need one experienced backup DE. Also, Kirschke's health issues make him a bigger risk. Although, if listening to fans, Kirschke has been out the door every yerar for the last five or so, and, in the end, he always makes it back.

BTW, sorry for spelling your name wrong in the poll, Travis. I also can't apparently spell Parrrrker. Oh well :doh: I spelt other correct.:wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
03-16-2010, 01:44 AM
there's a reason why kirshkie was ahead of eason on the depth chart...:noidea: ...i think its way past time for the steelers to start giving roster spots to guys who have future potential as starters instead of hanging on to over the hill vets.

OneForTheToe
03-16-2010, 02:15 AM
there's a reason why kirshkie was ahead of eason on the depth chart...:noidea: ...i think its way past time for the steelers to start giving roster spots to guys who have future potential as starters instead of hanging on to over the hill vets.

True, but I thought Eason was better the last two seasons. One scenario, where I think neither Eason or Kirshke would be asked back, would be if the Steelers do draft a nose tackle in the first few rounds. They might then just consider Hoke a veteran backup at DE. Otherwise, I think either Eason or Kirshke will be back.

Galax Steeler
03-16-2010, 03:32 AM
I chose Kirshke but Parker might be close behind him.

pete74
03-16-2010, 04:54 AM
kirshkie and/or parker

HometownGal
03-16-2010, 06:25 AM
As for me I picked Eason - because I think we need one experienced backup DE. Also, Kirschke's health issues make him a bigger risk. Although, if listening to fans, Kirschke has been out the door every yerar for the last five or so, and, in the end, he always makes it back.

BTW, sorry for spelling your name wrong in the poll, Travis. I also can't apparently spell Parrrrker. Oh well :doh: I spelt other correct.:wink02:

It was a toss up between Eason and Kirschke but I picked Travis.

btw - I fixed the spelling in your poll. :drink:

fansince'76
03-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Did I really just post a Hall and Oates song? :huh::puke::shootme:

No, but you did post a very lame late '70s tune by Player. :chuckle:

steelerdave1969
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
It personally came down to Kirchke and Stapleton. But I voted for Stapleton, the guy started a few games and did a decent job. That doesnt mean I wouldnt like to see Kirschke back but Stapleton plays where we really need experience.

wvsportsman
03-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Other = Dan Kreider :wink02:

vrabinec
03-16-2010, 09:52 AM
I said Eason, but I really think we're done signing our castoffs. The Steelers need a back who can pound out a 3rd and 1, not FWP (as much as I love Willie), Ziggy gives the Steelers depth at DE, and I'd like to see them either go with a rookie or one of the young bucks on the roster. But if they DO bring back a DE, I think Eason would come the cheapest and be the best value. Deshea couldn't beat out Gay last year, and he hasn't gotten any better with another year under his belt.

SteelGhost
03-16-2010, 10:41 AM
For your poll's purpose I voted for Travis, but honestly I expect the FO and Coaching Staff go for young blood in the draft :noidea:

Northside Jonny
03-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I voted for Kirschke but I want to change that to Eason. Because Eason is the younger player.

madtowndrunkard
03-16-2010, 11:10 AM
I think Parker will be back. He's got no love from other teams. I think hed be a suitable back up for us.

steelreserve
03-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Townsend always seems to make the team when you least expect it, which is why I chose him.

I'm pretty sure one or the other of Kirshcke or Eason will be gone, especially if Harris solidifies himself as a prospect worth hanging on to. Maybe both will be gone. We basically carried one too many DLs for a lot of the season, and with Smith coming back, there's an added squeeze.

Stapleton sucks and I'm sure we're over him.

Same with Parker, although now I'm worried that if everyone else passes on him because he sucks, we'll default to re-signing him because hey, he's cheap. Remember, FO, a cheap piece of crap is still a piece of crap.

43Hitman
03-16-2010, 01:22 PM
I voted other. I think we will trade Ben for Kuhn and when Kuhn comes back to Pittsburgh, he'll give his cleats to Dennis Dixon, which will allow him to play all world, and all will be well again in Steel Town. :chuckle:

03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks, now I will be singing/humming that song to myself for the rest of the day.

As for the poll, I picked Townsend. Although, I would not be suprised to see one of the DEs back. I do not think Willie will be back. RBs have a very short shelf life in the NFL, and the Steelers would be better off with a mid round rookie as a back up. The only way Willie comes back, IMO, is if Mendy suffers a serious injury, and Parker is still available.

vrabinec
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I voted other. I think we will trade Ben for Kuhn and when Kuhn comes back to Pittsburgh, he'll give his cleats to Dennis Dixon, which will allow him to play all world, and all will be well again in Steel Town. :chuckle:

How about that dude that was the 280 lb. fullback (I forget his name)? Then we'd really be rollin' sweet.

Indo
03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
I object to this poll on the basis that "The Patriots Suck and Tom Brady is Gay" is not an option...

SteelGhost
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
How about that dude that was the 280 lb. fullback (I forget his name)? Then we'd really be rollin' sweet.

Sean McHugh ?

steelreserve
03-16-2010, 02:25 PM

You mean Jorvorskie Lane? Last I heard, he went undrafted and was playing in the Indoor Football League, whatever that is. I always thought he'd bring an interesting dimension to the backfield. I mean, if he'd be replacing Carey Davis, it's not like we'd be giving up much if he turned out to be a bust.

LaDTBQfngL0

solardave
03-16-2010, 05:15 PM
(x ) Other- Jerome Bettis weighing in at 305. we'll call him the Winebago.

Cmdurand21
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
No, but you did post a very lame late '70s tune by Player. :chuckle:

My thoughts exactly :toofunny:

I would like to see Parker back.. He looked better at the end of the year, and we might be able to get him cheap because the is no market for him.

zulater
03-16-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m3d16-Pittsburgh-Steelers-daily-digest-Tony-Pike-exclusiveCould-Steelers-be-eyeing-player-draft-day

I'm hoping Leftwich is the next ex Steeler that becomes a current Steeler!

OneForTheToe
03-16-2010, 08:00 PM
It was a toss up between Eason and Kirschke but I picked Travis.

btw - I fixed the spelling in your poll. :drink:

Thanks, that will teach me to post after watching a Ron White set. It got me in the mood to drink whiskey and water. Bad Idea.

For some reason I thought that was a Hall and Oates song. Player is not quite as pathetic, so that is a plus.

Somebody mentioned Sean Mchugh. He was on IR last season? I thought I read that he had signed a two year contract. If so, then he is still with us.

And sorry, I forgot the Tom Brady is gay option. I'll remember next time. Please feel free to use other as that option for now.

Psyychoward86
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Never thought id say it but, wow, i kind of think Willie Parker is gonna come sulking back...

Psyychoward86
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
You mean Jorvorskie Lane? Last I heard, he went undrafted and was playing in the Indoor Football League, whatever that is. I always thought he'd bring an interesting dimension to the backfield. I mean, if he'd be replacing Carey Davis, it's not like we'd be giving up much if he turned out to be a bust.

LaDTBQfngL0

lol, ive never seen so many linebackers breaking down to try and catch a 280lb guy :rofl:

nikstar
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
If Willie comes back it won't be sulking... Remember at the beginning of the year when everyone thought Parker was faking an injury. Maybe he just really was hurt. I mean you can't say Tomlin didn't run him till his wheels fell off a couple of years ago. A body can only take so much punishment without proper recovery. Parker had practically no miles on him when he came in this league. He may be high mileage now but if we can get him for a deal, keep his oil clean (use him to spell mendy), and fix his donut tire (turf toe) than he would be a veteran, experienced and often forgotten superbowl MVP backup.

Teams with former championship MVP's sitting on their bench win more championships, you can't coach experience

SteelGhost
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks, that will teach me to post after watching a Ron White set. It got me in the mood to drink whiskey and water. Bad Idea.

For some reason I thought that was a Hall and Oates song. Player is not quite as pathetic, so that is a plus.

Somebody mentioned Sean Mchugh. He was on IR last season? I thought I read that he had signed a two year contract. If so, then he is still with us.

And sorry, I forgot the Tom Brady is gay option. I'll remember next time. Please feel free to use other as that option for now.

I did, yes he was on IR last season. AFAIK the guy is still on the roster , If I remember correctly he signed a 3-year, $2.57M contract in 2009. I expect this guy to stay in the Burgh, he's sort of a hybrid TE/HB and can provide a lot of help to protect BB or block for Rashard/Moore IMO.

And for the "Player is not quite as pathetic" thing ... I have no comment :chuckle:

stb_steeler
03-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks, now I will be singing/humming that song to myself for the rest of the day.

As for the poll, I picked Townsend. Although, I would not be suprised to see one of the DEs back. I do not think Willie will be back. RBs have a very short shelf life in the NFL, and the Steelers would be better off with a mid round rookie as a back up. The only way Willie comes back, IMO, is if Mendy suffers a serious injury, and Parker is still available.

Damn those swiffer commercials. :rofl:

43Hitman
03-17-2010, 01:22 PM

LaDTBQfngL0

Kuhn would run over the whole defense then walk in the endzone backwards. Then for good measure he would line up by himself for the 2 point conversion, make funny faces to the D-line and then skip in for the successful 2 pointer.

steelerchad
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
PEEZY's still out there? Never happen though and we are set outside anyway. Although Farrior is done in my opinion. If Wood could play inside I wouldn't mind Harrison, Joey, Woodley, and Timmons. With Foote for depth.
Liked his fire. Getting ejected from the Browns game in pregame warmups will always be memorable.

markymarc
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I hope they don't bring back anyone on that list! I would rather take Joey Porter back, but that's not going to happen since he signed with the Cardinals now.