PDA

View Full Version : Ny Jets gets first Monday Night game

Venom
03-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Due to the " coin flip " by Roger Goodell with none of the teams reps present , the Giants will open up the new Meadowlands stadium on the first Sunday and the Jets will have the first MNF game the next night .:coffee:

fansince'76
03-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Well, they did make it to the AFCCG. :noidea:

Venom
03-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Yea , I have no problem with the Jets in the first MNF game. :coffee:

Indo
03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
And they can showcase Ladainian in green & white

Venom
03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
L T most likely will be out due to an injury of some kind :rofl:

fansince'76
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Yea , I have no problem with the Jets in the first MNF game. :coffee:

Didn't say it was right or that I agreed with it, it's just the way it is. I imagine Dallas will now get almost every game they play this season on prime time since they finally won a playoff game for the first time in almost a decade and a half as opposed to the usual 7 or 8 they get.

Venom
03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
I hear you. Dallas is always good for 3 MNF games , 2 Sunday night games , Thanksgiving game and an NFL Network game . :banging:

NJarhead
03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Considering the Jets closed "Giants Stadium" then I'm glad the Giants are playing the first ever game in the new one. Screw the Jets anyway. lol

T&B fan
03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Due to the " coin flip " by Roger Goodell with none of the teams reps present , the Giants will open up the new Meadowlands stadium on the first Sunday and the Jets will have the first MNF game the next night .:coffee:

just like Goodell to do the coin flip with no one in the room ... :coffee:

Venom
03-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Also , it looks like the Jets will get a home game on Thanksgiving night . Rumors are that the partial NFL schedule will come out this Monday . :popcorn:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
This is no big deal, IMHO. But if the Giants open SNF, I think the Jets will have a legit beef.

They have always been a second class citizen in the NYC area. They have been the NFL's version of the Mets.

For years they played in Giants Stadium. They have put in equal money for the new Meadowlands Stadium and they had the better season last year. So I hope the Giants are going to get the normal 4pm NFL game opening week.

NJarhead
03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
This is no big deal, IMHO. But if the Giants open SNF, I think the Jets will have a legit beef.

They have always been a second class citizen in the NYC area. They have been the NFL's version of the Mets.

For years they played in Giants Stadium. They have put in equal money for the new Meadowlands Stadium and they had the better season last year. So I hope the Giants are going to get the normal 4pm NFL game opening week.

The Giants ( and NJ) built Giants Stadium. The Jets wanted to move to NYC 2 years ago but failed to do so.

Please. I would have no issues with the Jets playing the first ever game in the new stadium if not for the fact that the Giants got screwed out of closing the stadium with their damn name on it. Now I'm glad that the first game ever played in the new Meadowlands Stadium will be played by the Giants.

Screw the Jets.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
The Giants ( and NJ) built Giants Stadium. The Jets wanted to move to NYC 2 years ago but failed to do so.

Please. I would have no issues with the Jets playing the first ever game in the new stadium if not for the fact that the Giants got screwed out of closing the stadium with their damn name on it. Now I'm glad that the first game ever played in the new Meadowlands Stadium will be played by the Giants.

Screw the Jets.

How did the Giants get screwed out of closing the stadium? The NFL schedule is a random thing. Nobody in the NFL said "hehehe, lets screw the Giants by letting the Jets close out Giants Stadium".

At least Giants Stadium got closed out with a win. The Giants closed out their time at the stadium with a loss.

NJarhead
03-17-2010, 04:15 PM
How did the Giants get screwed out of closing the stadium? The NFL schedule is a random thing. Nobody in the NFL said "hehehe, lets screw the Giants by letting the Jets close out Giants Stadium".

At least Giants Stadium got closed out with a win. The Giants closed out their time at the stadium with a loss.

If it's so random then why the coin toss for the new stadium? They could have made sure the Giants closed out their stadium and they didn't, thus screwing them out of the opportunity. The only SB champs that Giants Stadium ever knew was the New York Giants, I might add.

Venom
03-22-2010, 07:44 AM
It looks like the opening night game on Thursday Night will be Vikings @ Saints . More to come this afternoon