PDA

View Full Version : Ben should be at these workouts !!

USWsteeler
03-17-2010, 12:12 AM
I know its voluntary but still. Its not like we won the super bowl last year. If Ben is innocent he should be there working out with the others. I know it would be a circus but who put himself in this situation....BEN DID. Just look at the pictures if you don't think this guy needs to be working out. Maybe he knows something we dont like he wont be playing this year ?

fat4jc
03-17-2010, 12:23 AM
I know its voluntary but still. Its not like we won the super bowl last year. If Ben is innocent he should be there working out with the others. I know it would be a circus but who put himself in this situation....BEN DID. Just look at the pictures if you don't think this guy needs to be working out. Maybe he knows something we dont like he wont be playing this year ?

Ben's presence at voluntary workouts would be more of a distraction than anything. I think he's got alot of things to do between now and the start of camp.

USWsteeler
03-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Ben's presence at voluntary workouts would be more of a distraction than anything. I think he's got alot of things to do between now and the start of camp.

You talk distractions???? Ben has caused major ones in now 3 of the last few off seasons. This is just more proof that this guy is way less than professional. He came to camp last year and it took a couple weeks to get his throwing arm in shape.... He looks in even worse shape this year than last. We all know Ben doesnt have the greatest arm to begin with. If he's going to be in hiding now this cant be good for the start of next season. He cant hide forever...I'm sure right now he wishes he could.

tony hipchest
03-17-2010, 12:57 AM
how do you know bens boss didnt order him to stay as far away from the training facility as possible?

while it is easy to scream on a message board, we really dont know what is going on.

Galax Steeler
03-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Like Tony said we have no idea why he is not there it could be a no. of reasons.:noidea:

zulater
03-17-2010, 06:33 AM
how do you know bens boss didnt order him to stay as far away from the training facility as possible?

while it is easy to scream on a message board, we really dont know what is going on.

I would imagine the Steelers wouldn't want Ben around the team until this matter is fully resolved. If by chance charges are filed I think the Steelers will take the route the Falcons did a few years back with Vick and grant him some form of leave of absense.

stillers4me
03-17-2010, 06:36 AM

This.

Texasteel
03-17-2010, 06:43 AM

Yes, yet more positive proof against Ben.:doh:

HometownGal
03-17-2010, 06:45 AM
I remember reading an article on this board which stated that other Steelers players didn't show up for the vol workout and that it would be highly unusual for Ben to have been there. Just can't find the story. :banging:

stillers4me
03-17-2010, 06:48 AM
I remember reading an article on this board which stated that other Steelers players didn't show up for the vol workout and that it would be highly unusual for Ben to have been there. Just can't find the story. :banging:

I bet there were alot of starting players all over the league that missed them for whatever reason. May they burn in hell. :coffee:

fansince'76
03-17-2010, 06:52 AM
I bet there were alot of starting players all over the league that missed them for whatever reason. May they burn in hell. :coffee:

Yeah, but they're not all fat and out of shape and out raping women due to having too much time on their hands. :chuckle:

HometownGal
03-17-2010, 06:56 AM

:laughing: :applaudit:

Cut or trade those bums!

mikegrimey
03-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Ben needs to be at these workouts....if for nothing else because he bloated up and took on that extra chin last season.

steelcity1974
03-17-2010, 07:53 AM

The distraction will be there no matter what...I'd rather the team experience it in March and get used to it than to wait until training camp. :noidea:

chacha
03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
I thought Ben went down to Georgia (now why am I thinking of Charlie Daniels all of a sudden) to talk with investigators (although he ended up not talking on the advice of his attorney) while the workouts were going on

spyboots
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, NFL Channel said Ben was in Georgia. He hasn't been interviewed yet, but the other people with him were interviewed yesterday. They took a private jet down.

fat4jc
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
They took a private jet down.

So now he's facing charges for terrorism? Man, Ben can't catch a break!

Shoes
03-17-2010, 12:44 PM

Now you went and hurt the feelings of those who think the Front Office comes here for their direction :chuckle:

fansince'76
03-17-2010, 01:00 PM
They took a private jet down.

So now he's facing charges for terrorism? Man, Ben can't catch a break!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
As the leader of the team he should be the first in and last out...

SteelersJW
03-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Ben's an idiot. He has such a privelege of talent and the opportunity to play in the NFL, and he's blowing it all. If he were like the other elite quarterbacks of the league he'd be at work right now with his teammates. Get ready for Dixon next year!

fansince'76
03-17-2010, 10:46 PM
If he were like the other elite quarterbacks of the league he'd be at work right now with his teammates.

You mean like Tom "God" Brady? :coffee:

There were at least 40 players in attendance for the first day of the voluntary workouts Monday, a source told NESN.com. Among those missing, NESN reported, were Thomas, quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4999704

SteelerFanInStl
03-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah, but they're not all fat and out of shape and out raping women due to having too much time on their hands. :chuckle:

:toofunny: Don't forget the pillaging. You can't do the raping without the pillaging.

Shea
03-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah, not really a story here.

It's probable he was asked to stay away, as someone earlier pointed out, for now due to the circus it might create and plus Ben has bigger fish to fry right now.

Also, there were 16 other starters who weren't in attendance.

pete74
03-18-2010, 05:30 AM
exactly. like i said before, these are not mandatory foe steelers and alot of players perfer to train elsewere. as long as he is training and getting ready for the season i am happy

USWsteeler
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
You mean like Tom "God" Brady? :coffee:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4999704

Ya Tom Brady doesnt have 3 chins and hasnt been accused of rape and assaulting girls....Bens fat ass should be at the workouts. WAIT... maybe he's not there because the other players dont want him there ???:wave:

fansince'76
03-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Ya Tom Brady doesnt have 3 chins....

Good for him.

and hasnt been accused of rape and assaulting girls...

Probably because his and Gazelle's bodyguards would start shooting at them if they got too close. :coffee:

plenewken
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
........as long as he is training and getting ready for the season i am happy

He is, no doubt. Look how buff he is.

pete74
03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
As the leader of the team he should be the first in and last out...

thats how tom brady was until this year. he always won the front parking space designated to the team member who spent the most time training at the facility during the offseason. this is the 1st year he is with his family and training somewere else. i wonder if it will effect his play this upcoming year

RoethlisBURGHer
03-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Should he be there? In the past, he has been there.

I have a feeling Tomlin and/or Art told him not to come.

GBMelBlount
03-18-2010, 07:43 PM

Like working out perhaps?

Judging by your avatar he ain't looking so "svelt" :chuckle:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?u=3201&dateline=1263231878

LVSteelersfan
03-18-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't think it is necessary to be at voluntary workouts. But he should be doing what Troy does and work out in another place and get himself in playing shape. I think he needs to get working with his receivers so that they can make plays without even having to think about it like Manning does. Wallace and Ben could be an unstoppable tandem if Ben could learn how to get the ball to him in stride instead of throwing the ball late and Wallace always having to wait on it. I honestly don't think Ben has the same mentality as QBs like Manning and Brady. He would rather party and spend his offseason playing golf than getting in serious football shape and learning how to read defenses.

#1 Big Ben Fan
03-18-2010, 11:18 PM
its not like he needs to learn the offense. I'm sure Steelers brass don't Ben to stay away until things calm down a bit.

fat4jc
03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Seriously guys, it's March. If you don't want this to linger, let Ben meet with his lawyers and whatnot now. I'm willing to bet most of the people expecting him to be there at voluntary workouts didn't like him pre-rape allegations. Settle down people.

Galax Steeler
03-19-2010, 04:35 AM
I don't know why some people are making a big deal out of this. This is no big deal for him or the team.

pghfrank1948
03-19-2010, 07:49 AM
It would be nice if Ben did some running and exercise instead of exercising his right hand lifting beers and pizza, hes flabby and out of shape. 100 million dollars can really go to someones stomach. He should think with the head on his shoulders and not with the bald headed mouse.!!!!

siss
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
What if Ben is working out at home? Will you shut up about it then. Ben wouldn't be at these work outs anyway this time of year. Geez get over yourself.

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
You talk distractions???? Ben has caused major ones in now 3 of the last few off seasons. This is just more proof that this guy is way less than professional. He came to camp last year and it took a couple weeks to get his throwing arm in shape.... He looks in even worse shape this year than last. We all know Ben doesnt have the greatest arm to begin with. If he's going to be in hiding now this cant be good for the start of next season. He cant hide forever...I'm sure right now he wishes he could.

AGREED. he should be doing something. Even if its just to get his mind of things.

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 11:32 AM
It would be nice if Ben did some running and exercise instead of exercising his right hand lifting beers and pizza, hes flabby and out of shape. 100 million dollars can really go to someones stomach. He should think with the head on his shoulders and not with the bald headed mouse.!!!!

I like the way you think. :iagree:

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't think it is necessary to be at voluntary workouts. But he should be doing what Troy does and work out in another place and get himself in playing shape. I think he needs to get working with his receivers so that they can make plays without even having to think about it like Manning does. Wallace and Ben could be an unstoppable tandem if Ben could learn how to get the ball to him in stride instead of throwing the ball late and Wallace always having to wait on it. I honestly don't think Ben has the same mentality as QBs like Manning and Brady. He would rather party and spend his offseason playing golf than getting in serious football shape and learning how to read defenses.

I thought i was the only person thinking these things.:toofunny:

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
:toofunny: Don't forget the pillaging. You can't do the raping without the pillaging.

Dude me and buddy always say rape and pilligae lol

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Ya Tom Brady doesnt have 3 chins and hasnt been accused of rape and assaulting girls....Bens fat ass should be at the workouts. WAIT... maybe he's not there because the other players dont want him there ???:wave:

:hug:

zulater
03-20-2010, 08:47 AM

Bingo, we have a winner! Include the coaching staff and owner in that group and you have your full answer.