PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Reviles New Throwing Motion; Tomlin Present

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow has completed his first public workout with his new throwing motion, hoping to impress NFL general managers, coaches and scouts.

Tebow threw dozens of passes to former teammates Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and David Nelson during a 30-minute workout.

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox, Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raheem Morris were in attendance. So were Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith and Browns president Mike Holmgren.

About 3,000 fans showed up despite light rain. They cheered loudly as Tebow walked onto Florida Field for the first time since his home finale in November and applauded every completion

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81700a8d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tomlin was probably there watching Haden and Spikes but its interesting that they throw his name in with the likes of Fox, Mangini/Holmgren, and Smith (all teams looking quarterback).

Making too much out of nothing? :noidea:

BKAnthem
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
It's funny, Tomlins name in there...Tebow at this Stage is nowhere near as good as Dennis Dixon.....

tony hipchest
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
twitter reports say tomlin was impressed with c. dunlap and offering words of encouragement.

steelers and jags coaches were seen working with pouncey.

steelerdude15
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
ESPN was saying that his throwing style was better, his delivery was faster, and his foot work was much improved. That's good for him, he'll be drafted as a QB, but we'll see what happens after that.

taztroy43
03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
ESPN was saying that his throwing style was better, his delivery was faster, and his foot work was much improved. That's good for him, he'll be drafted as a QB, but we'll see what happens after that.

Well I hope that the anti-Tebow people can finally shut up.....this guy can be a qb @ the next level but if he goes to a Crappy team I think that he will struggle quite a bit!!!

tony hipchest
03-17-2010, 05:13 PM
unleash the ZOMGoblins... the big ben era is OVER! -

Don't read too much into this, but Mike Tomlin was the 1st out to greet Tim Tebow after throwing at Pro Day.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100317/ARTICLES/100319538/1002?p=3&tc=pg

SteelerFanInStl
03-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Well I hope that the anti-Tebow people can finally shut up.....this guy can be a qb @ the next level but if he goes to a Crappy team I think that he will struggle quite a bit!!!

Why? He hasn't proven that he can play QB in the NFL yet. He's got to prove himself first and then people will stop doubting him.

steeldawg
03-17-2010, 05:24 PM

One work out and hes silences all critics?

SteelMember
03-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Did he hate it that much?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Did he hate it that much?

Yeah. :doh: I'm a great speller. Ooops.

taztroy43
03-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Why? He hasn't proven that he can play QB in the NFL yet. He's got to prove himself first and then people will stop doubting him.

I know that...and the other QB prospects haven't proved themselves in the NFL either:doh:....the thing about Tebow is that he had 6 weeks to prepare for his pro day and some scouts like the fact that he is very coachable....and most importantly a lot of people were impressed as well as surprised, of how well he improved his throwing motion in just 6 weeks!!!....so imagine him learning for two years before he gets to start for a team in the NFL! I think by then he probably will have a good chance of being an NFL QB dont you think?? But the reality is if he goes to, lets say the Jags...they are going to want to start him right away....and I think that putting him out there early would be a mistake.....if he's on a team w/ a wildcat offense then he should be able to play only in those type of wildcat plays...but as for him starting right away....It's probably not the thing to do because he needs @ least 2/3 years to develop....he's a very driven person and he showed it by improving his mechanics somewhat in the 6 weeks he had for his pro day.......

taztroy43
03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
One work out and hes silences all critics?

the workout was important because he had only 6 weeks to completely change his throwing motion/mechanics....and he did a pretty good job for just a month and a half...so he showed a lot of people that he is very coachable and NO he won't always silence all critics but @ least he showed them that he can improve as a passer or that there is a chance that he can be a passer with proper coaching @ the next level....but hey critics are always going to be there its part of every sport but at least for now they aren't really BLASTING him like a lot of critics normally do....:chuckle: ....:noidea:.....