PDA

View Full Version : Anderson signs with Cards

steelerdude15
03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/17/anderson-agrees-to-terms-with-cardinals/

Nadroj 20
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
I just saw this, maybe he can get a backup role and if Lienart sucks it up he will get a chance :noidea:

It is not the worse situation he can be in, even though i could care less what he does :chuckle:

NJarhead
03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I just saw this, maybe he can get a backup role and if Lienart sucks it up he will get a chance :noidea:

It is not the worse situation he can be in, even though i could care less what he does :chuckle:

I don't think Leinhart will ever succeed as a starting QB. Good signing my ARZ.

Galax Steeler
03-18-2010, 04:12 AM
I guess it will show if Anderson can play football. If he don't do any better out in Arizona with that kind of team then he better hang it up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Another reason to believe the Cardinals will be giving up their place at the front of the bus....to the 49ers.

HometownGal
03-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Another reason to believe the Cardinals will be giving up their place at the front of the bus....to the 49ers.

Agreed. :drink: I said it last season - the 49ers were on the move last season and I expect them to be fierce competition for the Cards in the NFCW this year, especially in light of this latest move by the Cards. I guess Wisenhunt couldn't wait for Ben to be run out of town on a rail. :chuckle:

mikegrimey
03-18-2010, 02:14 PM
The 9ers were only missing an elite passing game last year, that and they looked immature some games (dre bly high stepping after catching on INT on his own 10 yard line right before fumbling comes to mind). They desperately need a QB, but the Cardinals, with Leinhart, are in the same boat right now.

MasterOfPuppets
03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
if anyone needs further proof that cardinal fans just started watching football, look no further than here..
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=49117

these guys actually think DA signing is a good thing....:sofunny:

steeltheone
03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Cant hurt. He was a pro bowler 2 years ago. Remember how bad that team is.

steelerdude15
03-18-2010, 10:02 PM
We'll see what he can do, it doesn't hurt picking him up.

xfl2001fan
03-19-2010, 04:41 AM
Well I'm impressed. DA on the Browns = sorriest QB alive (according to many on this site.) But DA on the Cardinals is a good thing?

:doh:

DA sucks. You know it, I know it. Savage screwed the pooch when he didn't trade him after the pro bowl year (despite showing signs of serious decline.)

I supposed BQ is the answer do Denver's problems too?

Sheesh.

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 08:09 AM
You dont think playing on a bad team with the WRs he had, then moving to a good team with Fitz and breaston wouldnt help him?

Also with Leinart they need a guy that can come in and compete with him for the starting job, IMO anderson was signed for a backup role but if Leinart were to completely suck, then having a somewhat experienced QB as backup is a good thing.

xfl2001fan
03-19-2010, 09:26 AM
You dont think playing on a bad team with the WRs he had, then moving to a good team with Fitz and breaston wouldnt help him?

Also with Leinart they need a guy that can come in and compete with him for the starting job, IMO anderson was signed for a backup role but if Leinart were to completely suck, then having a somewhat experienced QB as backup is a good thing.

I think that he's inaccurate on the short throws...makes bad reads...gets antsy in the pocket (despite being a statue)...but has a gun.

That's not what Arizona needs. He's the anti-Kurt Warner (who doesn't have that arm strength, but otherwise excels vs. the Blitz, has mad accuracy and makes good reads.)

But sure, toot his horn now that he's no longer a Brown.

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I think that he's inaccurate on the short throws...makes bad reads...gets antsy in the pocket (despite being a statue)...but has a gun.

That's not what Arizona needs. He's the anti-Kurt Warner (who doesn't have that arm strength, but otherwise excels vs. the Blitz, has mad accuracy and makes good reads.)

Thats not the reason

He was signed as a backup and under the circumstances Arizona is in it was a decent signing( that has the potential to be better then just decent because arizona is a better situation then cleveland)....me thinking that it is not such a bad signing has nothing to do with the fact hes no longer a Brown

xfl2001fan
03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Thats not the reason

He was signed as a backup and under the circumstances Arizona is in it was a decent signing( that has the potential to be better then just decent because arizona is a better situation then cleveland)....me thinking that it is not such a bad signing has nothing to do with the fact hes no longer a Brown

7-18M (depending on playing time) is a terrible contract for a guy that's supposedly a backup.

It's as ridiculous as my team giving Delhomme the contract he got.

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
7-18M (depending on playing time) is a terrible contract for a guy that's supposedly a backup.

It's as ridiculous as my team giving Delhomme the contract he got.

If hes the backup then that "depending on playing time" clause takes effect and he wont get paid as much!

xfl2001fan
03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
If hes the backup then that "depending on playing time" clause takes effect and he wont get paid as much!

7M is the minimum...up to 18+M.

All it's going to take is Leinart not playing up to snuff...and in comes DA...and his contract blows up.

Of course, they'll have the same issues in AZ as we had in Clevelad...two sub-par QBs driving the fans nucking futs.

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
7M is the minimum...up to 18+M.

All it's going to take is Leinart not playing up to snuff...and in comes DA...and his contract blows up.

Of course, they'll have the same issues in AZ as we had in Clevelad...two sub-par QBs driving the fans nucking futs.

All of this is true, maybe it wont work out maybe it will, im still sticking with my orginial thought that it was not that bad of a signing

Fire Haley
03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
This is a good move for DA.

Leinart sucks

MasterOfPuppets
03-20-2010, 01:05 AM

hater...:coffee: ....it really broke my heart seeing DA and quinn leaving clevland.... but them signing delhomme and wallace sure made me feel better...:chuckle:

let the suckfest continue...:tt03:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-20-2010, 09:13 AM
The 9ers were only missing an elite passing game last year, that and they looked immature some games (dre bly high stepping after catching on INT on his own 10 yard line right before fumbling comes to mind). They desperately need a QB, but the Cardinals, with Leinhart, are in the same boat right now.

Actually Coach Singletary publicly stated that he was very happy with Alex Smith's play at the end of the year. In Smith's last 6 games he had 4 in which he posted over a 95.5 passer rating.

fansince'76
03-20-2010, 09:15 AM
if anyone needs further proof that cardinal fans just started watching football, look no further than here..
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=49117

these guys actually think DA signing is a good thing....:sofunny:

I have a feeling that bandwagon will be clearing out in a BIG way soon....

Stlrs4Life
03-20-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree with xfl, DA sucks. What is whisenhunt thinking?