PDA

View Full Version : If GB offered Aaron Rodgers for Ben

ETL
03-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Would you want the Steelers to do this trade?

Obviously this is an unrealistic hypothetical but I am curious what the current Steeler Nation thinks of Ben. Are they loyal to the scrappy QB that has brought them two SBs or have they had enough and would welcome a talented QB with a clean record.

Why did I choose Aaron Rogers? I think it would provoke the most thought. Peyton Manning and Brady are too obvious (i hate them both - so i would vote no automatically); Mark Sanchez is too raw, Phil Rivers is a dick and everyone else sucks in the AFC. Donovan McNabb is too old, Eli is a wuss, Romo is gay, Stafford and Matt Ryan are too young, Cutler is too arrogant (and not good), and Brees is too good right now to poll. And everyone else in the NFC sucks. But Aaron Rogers is a good QB that is down to earth, smart and clean cut and the way he handled the whole Farve fiasco was admirable.

At this time, I would be very tempted to take Rogers if this trade was offered.

steelreserve
03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I hate the Packers and everything about them, and Rogers can go ahead and kiss my ass. He's not all that great and hasn't won shit.

ETL
03-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I hate the Packers and everything about them, and Rogers can go ahead and kiss my ass. He's not all that great and hasn't won shit.

See, that is why I didn't pick Phil Rivers in this poll. I can't stand the guy. Even if he is talented and good, I would want the Steelers to keep a potentially sex-addicted QB in Ben than get a douche-bag like Rivers.

I can understand why you wouldn't want Rogers.

USWsteeler
03-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Rogers... He hasn't raped anyone.

zulater
03-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Would you want the Steelers to do this trade?

Obviously this is an unrealistic hypothetical but I am curious what the current Steeler Nation thinks of Ben. Are they loyal to the scrappy QB that has brought them two SBs or have they had enough and would welcome a talented QB with a clean record.

Why did I choose Aaron Rogers? I think it would provoke the most thought. Peyton Manning and Brady are too obvious (i hate them both - so i would vote no automatically); Mark Sanchez is too raw, Phil Rivers is a dick and everyone else sucks in the AFC. Donovan McNabb is too old, Eli is a wuss, Romo is gay, Stafford and Matt Ryan are too young, Cutler is too arrogant (and not good), and Brees is too good right now to poll. And everyone else in the NFC sucks. But Aaron Rogers is a good QB that is down to earth, smart and clean cut and the way he handled the whole Farve fiasco was admirable.

At this time, I would be very tempted to take Rogers if this trade was offered.

Like you said, :coffee:

you could have just as well included Santa as a choice.

fansince'76
03-19-2010, 12:18 AM

"Clean record?" Wanna fill me in on what Ben's been convicted of? Or even charged with, for that matter? Being a jerk/horny dumbass/(fill in any other unflattering adjective that has been tossed around here in the last two weeks) isn't a crime, last I checked.

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 12:22 AM
now i know none of the uber proud and overzealous steelernation would want to hear this, but the steelers would probably be in the exact same position with rodgers, rivers, or even eli (w/o the 2 sexual assault accusations, of course).

infact the likes of pennington and grossman wouldve been more likely to reach their expected potential if they had been drafted by the steelers (as opposed to the "busts" they currently are regarded as).

im as big of a ben fans as anyone, but lets get this much clear....

the rooneys made "Big Ben". he did not make the steelers.

i know this statement will make many cry, but i woulda been happy with either eli or rivers on that draft day in '04 considering hall, jones, robinson, jackson, andrews, were the other guys on our targeted list.

"Clean record?" Wanna fill me in on what Ben's been convicted of? Or even charged with, for that matter? Being a jerk/horny dumbass/(fill in any other unflattering adjective here) isn't a crime, last I checked.

semantics. :coffee:

i pretty much get the gist of what the OP was getting at. :hunch:

fansince'76
03-19-2010, 12:30 AM
semantics. :coffee:

i pretty much get the gist of what the OP was getting at. :hunch:

Sure. And Rivers would without a doubt have 2 rings right now too had he been drafted by the Steelers, never mind the fact that he has yet to win one in SD, despite having the benefit of a supporting cast LOADED with talent, arguably more so than the Steelers. :noidea:

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 12:35 AM
despite having the benefit of a supporting cast LOADED with talent, arguably more so than the Steelers. :noidea:

do you REALLY believe that or are you just buying into all the disney channel/espn/media hype? :coffee:

do people really think the steelers would be incapable of winning a ring with rivers or manning.

i mean DAMN! i know ben is good, i just didnt know he was THAT good. :noidea: perhaps the rooneys should double his pay and offer him a slice of the team (now that they are in debt to keep the team in their name).

fansince'76
03-19-2010, 12:40 AM
do you REALLY believe that or are you just buying into all the disney channel/espn/media hype? :coffee:

No, I believe what I see and what the results have borne out. I stopped watching ESPN 4 years ago. Yeah, I guess ol' Phil has had it really rough playing on the same team as the likes of Tomlinson, Gates, Merriman, Jamal Williams, et. al. Hell, Montana couldn't have won jack with that bunch either. :coffee:

Fact is, who KNOWS what we would have done in the last 5 years with someone else? Does Eli or Rivers make the tackle in Indy, for instance? I kinda doubt it.

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Fact is, who KNOWS what we would have done in the last 5 years with someone else? Does Eli or Rivers make the tackle in Indy, for instance? I kinda doubt it..

:iagree: i definitely say "no".

do you think eli or rivers will ever get publicly accused of rape and shame a franchise as proud as the steelers?

my money is on "no".

would i rather have eli or rivers as opposed to kordell or o'donnell in 4 afcc games that didnt result in a lombardi win?

"yes"

ben is great and i will readilly admit this but PLEASE, lets be real here and not pretend that he is the ONLY possible qb on earth who could bring the b&g rings #5&6.

the rooneys and the franchise are better than that.

for instance, if they didnt have ben they couldve easilly purchased the services of favre or warner.

fansince'76
03-19-2010, 01:14 AM

do you think eli or rivers will ever get publicly accused of rape and shame a franchise as proud as the steelers?

my money is on "no".

Probably not, but ya never know. Anyone see what was coming with Tiger Woods? How about when the Bus was (falsely) accused?

.would i rather have eli or rivers as opposed to kordell or o'donnell in 4 afcc games that didnt result in a lombardi win?

"yes"

Agreed.

ben is great and i will readilly admit this but PLEASE, lets be real here and not pretend that he is the ONLY possible qb on earth who could bring the b&g rings #5&6.

Not saying he's the only one who could've done so, but he's the one who ultimately helped bring us #5 and #6. And I've been a fan long enough to have endured the entire 26-year wait between #4 and #5. As such, I feel I owe him at least a little gratitude, and pray he starts picking his partners better in the future.

The Rooneys are the best at what they do, IMO. :thumbsup:

for instance, if they didnt have ben they couldve easilly purchased the services of favre or warner.

You can keep Favre considering his typical postseason performances of the last decade or so. Warner I could've lived with, though. But then, with Warner, we'd be shopping for a new franchise QB again.

Galax Steeler
03-19-2010, 03:31 AM
"Clean record?" Wanna fill me in on what Ben's been convicted of? Or even charged with, for that matter? Being a jerk/horny dumbass/(fill in any other unflattering adjective that has been tossed around here in the last two weeks) isn't a crime, last I checked.

Exactly Ben has a clean record so he is on a level playing field with Rivers and Eli. So to answer the question hell no.

solardave
03-19-2010, 03:44 AM
This is a "if pigs could fly thread" Let me see. IF WE COULD BRING BACK BRADSHAW AT AN EARLIER AGE?
How about Neil O'Dumbass without the 2 picks? It has to be off season. Ben' quiet, nothing to write about.

pete74
03-19-2010, 03:49 AM
No, I believe what I see and what the results have borne out. I stopped watching ESPN 4 years ago. Yeah, I guess ol' Phil has had it really rough playing on the same team as the likes of Tomlinson, Gates, Merriman, Jamal Williams, et. al. Hell, Montana couldn't have won jack with that bunch either. :coffee:

Fact is, who KNOWS what we would have done in the last 5 years with someone else? Does Eli or Rivers make the tackle in Indy, for instance? I kinda doubt it.

you can also look at it from a different angle and say maybe they wouldnt have to of made that tackle because they were already up by 25 points. obviously this entire conversation is useless though since there isnt a chance of this ever happening. with that said, i think rodgers is the better qb. he's only a second year starter and look at those stats. i would take rodgers over any other qb in the nfl. i think he is the best and when he retires his stats will be just as good if not better then bretts

stillers4me
03-19-2010, 05:31 AM
I think Aaron Rogers is going to be one of the better QB's of the next decade. I wouldn't mind at all if he were a Steeler, and although I know absolutely nothing about his personal life, he looks like he could be as rogue as Ben.......and that's pure speculation on my part.

He does have those dreamy eyes.............

pete74
03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
I think Aaron Rogers is going to be one of the better QB's of the next decade. I wouldn't mind at all if he were a Steeler, and although I know absolutely nothing about his personal life, he looks like he could be as rogue as Ben.......and that's pure speculation on my part.

He does have those dreamy eyes.............

i never heard anything bad about him. he is dating SI swim model julie henderson who is extremly hot. i belive they were together for 2 years or so and assu,e there still hitched

steelax04
03-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Personally, I'd take Sanchez over any of the ones mentioned... he's a gamer, much like Ben and is willing to risk it for the win. I guess I just see some of the same 'backyard' football in him like Ben has.

Steelers>NFL
03-19-2010, 07:39 AM
i never heard anything bad about him. he is dating SI swim model julie henderson who is extremly hot. i belive they were together for 2 years or so and assu,e there still hitched
That makes him smarter than Ben!:noidea:

pete74
03-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Personally, I'd take Sanchez over any of the ones mentioned... he's a gamer, much like Ben and is willing to risk it for the win. I guess I just see some of the same 'backyard' football in him like Ben has.

i dont see anything wrong with that. ben has 2 superbowl rings. obviously there are things i would rather him do differently but you'll have that with any qb not named peyton manning. as for aaron rodgers, last year was only his 2nd year starting and his 1st 2 years stats are better then any qb ever in the entire nfl

stlrtruck
03-19-2010, 07:43 AM
I say KEEP THE KID!

Damn, are we, Steelers Nation, becoming that petty that when we come in to tough times we want to trade the individual responsible for the damage?

Nadroj 20
03-19-2010, 07:49 AM
I want Ben over Rodgers.....everyone knows how freaking clutch Ben is right? Throw out all other numbers and stats, and when the game is on the line who would you pick? For me its easy....Ben

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 08:30 AM

my money is on "no".

would i rather have eli or rivers as opposed to kordell or o'donnell in 4 afcc games that didnt result in a lombardi win?

"yes"

:iagree: :banana:

Corey120120
03-19-2010, 08:32 AM
you can also look at it from a different angle and say maybe they wouldnt have to of made that tackle because they were already up by 25 points. obviously this entire conversation is useless though since there isnt a chance of this ever happening. with that said, i think rodgers is the better qb. he's only a second year starter and look at those stats. i would take rodgers over any other qb in the nfl. i think he is the best and when he retires his stats will be just as good if not better then bretts

I agree the kid has a bright future ahead of him! :applaudit:

fansince'76
03-19-2010, 08:33 AM
he's only a second year starter and look at those stats.

I'll keep that in mind when I draft my FF team this year.

stlrtruck
03-19-2010, 09:01 AM
I'll keep that in mind when I draft my FF team this year.

Just make sure you and I aren't in the same FFL!! :flap: :rofl: :chuckle:

HometownGal
03-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Rodgers is definitely an up and comer and I think he is more than an average QB, but my vote goes to Ben hands down (if it is proven that he is innocent of these charges, which I believe is a strong probability) as he is a proven winner and has 2 bling rings to support that proof. Rodgers hasn't proven anything yet at this point in his career.

Now - if the question were Ben or Drew Brees, I might have a bit of a quandry.

pete74
03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
i had both him and chris johnson on my team this past season and they were both the top at there positions and were a huge reason why i won it all in a 12 team leauge and only lost 1 game along the way. the funny thing is i got cj in the 2nd and rodgers in the 4th

Vincent
03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
the rooneys made "Big Ben". he did not make the steelers.

And that is why, IMHO, they should unload him now. Take the value off the table while it's there. That is a business decision. No emotion.

To the point of the thread, yeah, I'd take Rodgers now. Not saying he's "better than Ben", but in the business scenario, he'd do quite nicely.

I've said before, I'll say it again. This is the strategy I'd pursue... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=786932&postcount=65

plenewken
03-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Now - if the question were Ben or Drew Brees, I might have a bit of a quandry.

I'd be ready to bet that a poll on Brees vs Ben would give something like 70%-30% for Brees.
60%-40% for Ben vs. Rodgers tells me that Ben is not the icon some people here believe he is, despite his 2 rings.

ETL
03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
This is a "if pigs could fly thread" Let me see. IF WE COULD BRING BACK BRADSHAW AT AN EARLIER AGE?
How about Neil O'Dumbass without the 2 picks? It has to be off season. Ben' quiet, nothing to write about.

If you had a brain, you would figure out that this poll is not about actually trading Ben for Rogers but about how we feel about Ben.

So far about 40% of Steelers fans would welcome a trade. That speaks volumes to me. It tells me that despite winning 2 SB, this latest round of accusations about sexual assault followed by various stories that he is a jerk has affected a significant number of Steelers fans.

I personally only care about his performance on the field. You may think that none of this stuff then should matter but remember that he is a part of a team. So how he is perceived by his teammates and how he gets along with them does matter and affect the performance on the field.

In fact, I am more upset about the stories about him being a jerk than the alleged sexual assault. Its not that I don't respect women. If Ben is convicted for rape, he should be locked up in jail for a million years. But I also know that women have made up stories for gain in the past - so to me the sexual assault charges are in limbo until it is further investigated and litigated. Stories about him being a jerk is bothersome and I am getting an inkling that his teammates think he's a a-hole as well.

Rogers, to me, has had trial by fire. To follow Farve in the way that he did and doing it with utter class (never put down Farve, even though Farve deserved it) tells me that he has all the respect from his teammates. I don't think he is perceived as a jerk.

chacha
03-19-2010, 02:59 PM
yeah like I'd really want to trade the QB who helped get my team 2 Superbowl trophies so far. Rogers is good and may even be great, but I'm sticking with Ben all the way no matter what.

sixstringlass
03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Haven't read but the first page of posts in this thread, so this may have already been said, but...

With the Steelers O-Line, it's just not as likely that we win our last two Superbowls without Ben. Rivers, Manning, etc. would have spent more time on the turf than the chalk lines. Not saying it was just Ben's doing, winning the Superbowls, but he was a HUGE part of that, and his ability to keep the play alive when the line collapses is a huge benefit to the team. How many times was Ben sacked in 2007-2008? 99 times or something like that? How many times would Rivers or Manning or Rodgers have hit the lawn in that same scenario? Though certainly not an individual achievement, it's also worth noting that Ben's won more games in his first five years in the league than any other quarterback. No, pervert, idiot, whatever he is (outside of rapist/sexual assaulter) off the field, I'd still rather have Ben than anybody else.

My opinion.

NJarhead
03-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Do you have anything positive to say?

USWsteeler
03-19-2010, 03:44 PM
yeah like I'd really want to trade the QB who helped get my team 2 Superbowl trophies so far. Rogers is good and may even be great, but I'm sticking with Ben all the way no matter what.

What if one night at a bar he rapes your girlfriend or sister....would you still then say no matter what ?

stillers4me
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
What if one night at a bar he rapes your girlfriend or sister....would you still then say no matter what ?

What if someday your son is falsely accused of rape?

NJarhead
03-19-2010, 04:02 PM
What if someday your son is falsely accused of rape?

Dude is a troll. He's got 5 or 6 posts and everyone of them is about Ben's ALLEGED sexual assault.

chacha
03-19-2010, 04:08 PM

I actually was going to answer your question but the above poster is right, every one of your posts is anti Ben so there's no reason to even try explaining to you.

USWsteeler
03-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Dude is a troll. He's got 5 or 6 posts and everyone of them is about Ben's ALLEGED sexual assault.

YA iam season ticket holder paying $2800 a season for my 3 tickets and really thinking do I want to pay to see a guy who is an accused rapist and sexual abuses women ?? I just now decided to join this forum cause it makes me sick to think people can be so willing to cut him a break when we know what a douchebag he is around town to fans and women locally , But it no problem for so many to call these girls ****s and *****s or gold diggers. I think the only troll here is Ben.

chacha
03-19-2010, 04:14 PM
and I joined this forum because I didnt like it that some people are so willing to try and convict Ben already

NJarhead
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
YA iam season ticket holder paying $2800 a season for my 3 tickets and really thinking do I want to pay to see a guy who is an accused rapist and sexual abuses women ?? I just now decided to join this forum cause it makes me sick to think people can be so willing to cut him a break when we know what a douchebag he is around town to fans and women locally , But it no problem for so many to call these girls ****s and *****s or gold diggers. I think the only troll here is Ben.

The calling of girls "bitches" is a generational thing; not just Ben.

IF he's proven guilty of either ACCUSATION (no charges in either case as of yet), then I will be right there along side you helping tie his noose. However, I choose to let this thing runs its course before I pass judgment on him (aside from the fact that he's an irresponsible idiot for exposing himself to these situations).

Personally, I hate constant negativity and drama. Sure Ben is the catalyst, but this incessant whining about rape needs to stop until he's been actually found guilty in a court of law.

USWsteeler
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Do you have anything positive to say?

What is one positive news story about ben that you want to talk about now? The rape or the assault ?

NJarhead
03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
What is one positive news story about ben that you want to talk about now? The rape or the assault ?

I challenge you to find an article that says Ben actually raped or assaulted anyone.

DoubleSh0t
03-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Then sell your tickets. There's plenty of people that would gladly take them off your hands. When Ben is cleared of all charges and wins us another Super Bowl, your celebrating privileges are revoked.

Go buy a #12 Packers jersey. Sheesh.

Texasteel
03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd be ready to bet that a poll on Brees vs Ben would give something like 70%-30% for Brees.
60%-40% for Ben vs. Rodgers tells me that Ben is not the icon some people here believe he is, despite his 2 rings.

Just wait a day or two, it will get here.

HometownGal
03-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Eeenie, meenie, miney mo
I smell a troll and his name aint Joe. :poop: :troll:

SteelC7
03-19-2010, 07:49 PM
screw this trade...ben roethlisberger is a great QB and im happy to have him leading our team on the field

Prok
03-19-2010, 08:29 PM
No way in hell i'd trade Ben for ANY otrher QB.

Now does he need to get his act together OFF the field? Probably so.

But some people don't realize just how good Ben is at what he does IMO.

I'll put it this way. I can't stand Bruce Arians or his play-calling. Period. I think many ppl under-estimate what Ben does for this scheme we run and how his intangibles mostly overcome Bruce's inadequacies.

The old saying ya don't know what you got til' it's gone comes to mind.

I say we let Ben get his act together off the field and be damn thankful for what he provides ON the field.

:tt:

JEFF4i
03-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Ben.

/thread

FredScott
03-20-2010, 02:40 AM

Last I checked Ben has never been charged with any crime. The only thing he is guilty of is being an idot and putting himself in situations you shouldn't be in. I mean you would think he would have learned the first time when the girl was only after money and of course this girl will accuse him of the same thing cause hes been accused before so it's an easy way to extort money from him.

The girl dropped out of college after accusing him and lawyered up meaning she will file a civil lawsuit after they file no criminal charges. She saw a big payday and took advantage of his idiocy simple as that.