PDA

View Full Version : maybe we should all let the ben thing rest

mwittman5
03-19-2010, 11:08 AM
It seems as if at least 60% of the topics on the board are about ben. Just let the thing play out and then talk about it. We can all speculate about what happened and who's guilty, who isn't guilty, but nobody knows except Ben and he can't say anything. just have one big ben thread if everybody wants to chime in on him but this is the pittsburgh steelers, not the pittsburgh ben's. The steelers were here before him and they will be here after him. Have a good off season everybody :tt02:

SteelGhost
03-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree 100% :thumbsup:

beer72
03-19-2010, 11:18 AM
I couln't agree more!! :thumbsup:

pete74
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM
i disagree. he is the qb of the team we all love and this is very important. the majority of the news i get about ben is from people posting the links here and im grateful for that. i dont really like to keep hearing people say he is definatly guilty or he is definatly not guilty but i usually skim those threads and bypass them. im still new here but i love getting all the updates people link here and thats one of the reasons i stick around

steelax04
03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
It's now 61% because you added another.

wootawnee
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I know one thing.....If Ben ever messes with the wrong dude's daughter, he won't be able to play football again......His body guards won't be able to body guard again either.....

steelerdude15
03-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you, I've been waiting for a post like this for a while.

SteelKid212
03-19-2010, 03:24 PM
maybe NOT!!!!! :chuckle:

i mean... its the offseason!!! what else are we supposed to talk about????
golf??? tiger woods??? baseball???? the bowling championship??? :doh:

hehe im jk ppl... im tired of the ben drama also and the boards being clogged by it.
seems 2 out of 3 posts are about BB and the whole did he or did he not do it.

but such is the life of a Steelers Fan.

like some of u say. he is OUR QB. its definetly important what he does on and off the field. truth is he is the face of the franchise right now, and we need to hope this all turns out ok... or we might be lookin at some lowly dog years from here on out...... :noidea:

USWsteeler
03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
It seems as if at least 60% of the topics on the board are about ben. Just let the thing play out and then talk about it. We can all speculate about what happened and who's guilty, who isn't guilty, but nobody knows except Ben and he can't say anything. just have one big ben thread if everybody wants to chime in on him but this is the pittsburgh steelers, not the pittsburgh ben's. The steelers were here before him and they will be here after him. Have a good off season everybody :tt02:

Ya lets just forget about this....but every little piece of Big Ben news get forced down our throat good or bad. If this was news about Ben saving a baby from a burning building my god it would be shoved up our azzz 24-7 for the next 10 years. I say this is what he deserves !!!! He is a media hog drama queen 99 % of the time, now its more sickening news about this moron so everyone be quiet ? Sorry but I say the media is going too easy on him so far ! :tt03:

TheWarDen86
03-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Ya lets just forget about this....but every little piece of Big Ben news get forced down our throat good or bad. If this was news about Ben saving a baby from a burning building my god it would be shoved up our azzz 24-7 for the next 10 years. I say this is what he deserves !!!! He is a media hog drama queen 99 % of the time, now its more sickening news about this moron so everyone be quiet ? Sorry but I say the media is going too easy on him so far ! :tt03:

Yea, that'll be the day.

This is AMERICA! And in AMERICA, we are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

He hasn't even been charged with anything!!!!! :banging:

Get that through your thick skull!

Fire Haley
03-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Just what we need...another "Ben" thread.

rich4eagle
03-19-2010, 04:52 PM

that would be so cool

meanwhile so far the Steeler offseason has been positive

HometownGal
03-19-2010, 06:43 PM
It seems as if at least 60% of the topics on the board are about ben. Just let the thing play out and then talk about it. We can all speculate about what happened and who's guilty, who isn't guilty, but nobody knows except Ben and he can't say anything. but this is the pittsburgh steelers, not the pittsburgh ben's. The steelers were here before him and they will be here after him. Have a good off season everybody :tt02:

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

just have one big ben thread if everybody wants to chime in on him

We've suggested that until we're blue in the face but the lunacy continues. :banging:

I think what we're going to do from here on out is delete every new Ben thread started. You are 100% correct - this never ending saga is clogging up the Steelers forum just as the BA threads did.

Thank you for speaking up! :hatsoff:

Texasteel
03-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Yea, that'll be the day.

This is AMERICA! And in AMERICA, we are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

He hasn't even been charged with anything!!!!! :banging:

Get that through your thick skull!

I would waste my time with this guy, bud. He already stated in another thread that he is pretty much just here to bad mouth Ben.

rich4eagle
03-19-2010, 07:31 PM
so cool letting it rest.......since it is likely a for the most part a bogus charge anyway

SteelC7
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
thank u for this post, lets hope all the ppl with nothing else to talk about besides ben read this

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM

as a rookie in 2004, big ben donated his first playoff check to the indonesian tsunami relief fund, and was demonized for it and accuded of showing up his teammates. no wonder he is a dick to the local media.

get over yourself.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

We've suggested that until we're blue in the face but the lunacy continues. :banging:

I think what we're going to do from here on out is delete every new Ben thread started. You are 100% correct - this never ending saga is clogging up the Steelers forum just as the BA threads did.

Thank you for speaking up! :hatsoff:

the problem here is that the majority dont even wanna discuss actuall football related topics. ive started a number of threads pertaining to the state of the team, our salary cap, etc. and they are basically dead end threads met with *crickets chirping*.

i really dont mind some of the ben threads (i thought him vs a. rodgers was an interresting topic). traffic seems to be up and getting rid of the ben threads could turn this into a virtual ghost town.

either way, i have a feeling that in 2 months, after the excitement of the draft is over, most people here will shift their focus back towards their hatred of obama. :tt:

Texasteel
03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Tony, it could be that all of this crap has cause some of the posters to stay out of this area. I know I spend most of my time in the draft threads now. Anyway, all this will die down sooner or later and we'll be talking about what our new line will look like, and the new DB we have.:thumbsup:

HometownGal
03-20-2010, 03:42 AM
as a rookie in 2004, big ben donated his first playoff check to the indonesian tsunami relief fund, and was demonized for it and accuded of showing up his teammates. no wonder he is a dick to the local media.

get over yourself.

:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

the problem here is that the majority dont even wanna discuss actuall football related topics. ive started a number of threads pertaining to the state of the team, our salary cap, etc. and they are basically dead end threads met with *crickets chirping*.

i really dont mind some of the ben threads (i thought him vs a. rodgers was an interresting topic). traffic seems to be up and getting rid of the ben threads could turn this into a virtual ghost town.

Read my post sir hipcheese. I didn't say I was getting rid of the existing Ben threads. I stated that I thought it was a good idea to get rid of any new Ben threads and I should have added those which are nonsensical in nature or out and out trash bash threads. If you will note in the TMZ Ben thread, both Gary and I have merged some threads into that one.

either way, i have a feeling that in 2 months, after the excitement of the draft is over, most people here will shift their focus back towards their hatred of obama. :tt:

:applaudit: :wink:

SteelC7
03-20-2010, 10:58 PM
i agree 100000%i ve stopped comin on here as much because all ppl wanna whine about is ben, not the steelers

tube517
03-20-2010, 11:24 PM
I could always start another FIRE ARIANS thread. Bwahahahahahahahahahaha....(JUST KIDDING!)...:rofl:

desertsteel
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM

OK.... So isn't this ANOTHER Ben thread?????

zulater
03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
i agree 100000%i ve stopped comin on here as much because all ppl wanna whine about is ben, not the steelers

I guess it's just harder for some of us to ignore the 800 pound gorilla in the middle of the room than you?