PDA

View Full Version : Big Surprise, Porter Signs with Cards

xXTheSteelKingsXx
03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
The Cardinals got their “marquee” free agent.

Linebacker Joey Porter agreed to a three-year contract Friday, after making the Washington Redskins his second visit.

“It is exciting on many levels,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “Two areas that come to mind are his productivity on the field, (because) getting 26½ sacks over the last two years is pretty impressive, especially considering last year with not even playing a full season. Also the mentality he brings, it’s something we have made great progress with as a team. Having another veteran player, who has had great success in this league, to contribute to that will only help us in an area defensively where we want to improve.”

Porter had nine sacks last season with Miami before the Dolphins cut him. He is expected to fill the starting spot held by departing free agent Chike Okeafor and gives the Cards a needed pass-rush threat.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-1/Cardinals-Get-Porter/0e58fffa-484f-4ed3-a84e-267f3c589297

St33lersguy
03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I guess when you are a free agent and once played for the steelers you go back to the steelers or sign with the cardinals.
Now Whiz can hear Peezy's trash talk again

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
A guess when you are a free agent and once played for the steelers you go back to the steelers go to the cardinals. No Whiz can hear Peezy's trash talk againwhat the hell did you just say?

good for joey and good for the cards. i get a kick out of all the steelerfans who act like a woman scorned everytime an ex steeler signs out west.

Psyychoward86
03-19-2010, 10:25 PM
i get a kick out of all the steelerfans who act like a woman scorned everytime an ex steeler signs out west.

QFT

steelerdude15
03-19-2010, 11:11 PM
How didn't I see this coming. :rolleyes:

NEPAsteeler
03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
They have to retire somewhere. :noidea:

Fire Haley
03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Skins passed on giving him a big contract, that's a first, he must be spent - they could of had Dansby for about the same money instead.
3 years $17.5M???? haha

pepsyman1
03-20-2010, 02:01 AM
what the hell did you just say?

good for joey and good for the cards. i get a kick out of all the steelerfans who act like a woman scorned everytime an ex steeler signs out west.

Yeah, I can't understand where all the hate and resentment is coming from. If I was Whiz and took over a new team, I think it would be logical that you would try to acquire players you're very familiar with if you think they are capable of performing. What do people here expect him to do? Avoid all the ex-Steelers out of loyalty to Pittsburgh? How little sense does that make? He's trying to win. If YOU were coaching a team and could deal for Troy or Ben would you NOT take it because of loyalty to the Steelers? Your career as a head coach wouldn't be too long.

jonslow
03-20-2010, 02:31 AM
what the hell did you just say?

Agreed. It's unreal. Just be happy for the guy. Yeah, he held out around the league for more cash, but when you're a top free agent in an uncapped year, you can do that. Apart from him running his mouth to the media about his last team, I have nothing against him. Props all around.

steelreserve
03-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Well, I guess this explains why it's not so shocking they let Foote walk away.

Well, I hope Porter enjoys his time out there, since the Cardinals aren't making the playoffs anymore.

HometownGal
03-20-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm happy for Peezy and hope he enjoys his time out in Pittsburgh West. :drink: :wink:

AllD
03-20-2010, 09:14 AM
The Cards should change their game chant to, "Here we go Cardinals, here we go!"

chacha
03-20-2010, 10:11 AM
I think we'll see the Cards in the playoffs again in a year or two, but definitely not this year. Good for Joey though, one of my favorite players.

BigBen'sSwagger
03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I got no problem with it. Joey will always be a Steeler and now he is playing on a team that has the majority of ex-steelers in the league. What I would like to know is when does Wiz stop bringing in our castoffs?

You gotta admit it is funny.

SteelersMongol
03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Damn. He could've been a B&G.

Psyychoward86
03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
I think we'll see the Cards in the playoffs again in a year or two, but definitely not this year. Good for Joey though, one of my favorite players.

lol