PDA

View Full Version : 2010 draft prospect's visiting the Steelers thread

tony hipchest
03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
dont we have a thread every year keeping track of all 30 prospects scheduled for visits?

as per jim wexell earl thomas and legarrette blount have been scheduled.

also-

#Steelers have scheduled visits with ILB Navorro Bowman and WR Arrelious Benn. Will firm up visit w/ILB Sean Lee soon.

Texasteel
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
dont we have a thread every year keeping track of all 30 prospects scheduled for visits?

as per jim wexell earl thomas and legarrette blount have been scheduled.

also-

Yea, I think LLT or Gonzo usually keeps up on that.

To me Navorro Bowman is an interesting name.

NEPAsteeler
03-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Call me a Penn State homer, but those visits excite me. The Blount visit is kind of interesting to me as well.

Galax Steeler
03-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Is Blount the one that the Steel City Insider is saying going to visit Pittsburgh it is a pay site so I am not sure this is all it said.

The Daily Buzz II

In startling move, Steelers schedule draft visit with notorious RB.

7willBheaven
03-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Is Blount the one that the Steel City Insider is saying going to visit Pittsburgh it is a pay site so I am not sure this is all it said.

The Daily Buzz II

In startling move, Steelers schedule draft visit with notorious RB.

Yes...

Steely McSmash
03-20-2010, 04:33 PM
To me Navorro Bowman is an interesting name.

It's interesting to me in that I would never expect it. Thought Bowman was a 4-3 will only. I guess they'd consider him at mack same as Weatherspoon. He is very good at reading the play and reacting quickly.

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 05:39 PM
from wexell-

#Steelers have scheduled a visit with first-round CB prospect Kyle Wilson of Boise State.

#Steelers schedule visit with Wake Forest O-Lineman http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/wake-32597-day-forest.html Never heard of him.

wake forest tackle is chris degeare. :noidea:

W&M pass-rusher among three new visits scheduled by the #Steelers. (Pay site: http://pit.scout.com/2/913884.html)

Steely McSmash
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM
wake forest tackle is chris degeare. :noidea:

He's listed as a 7th/ FA guard by most sites.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-stats.html&position=og&startrow=30

Chris DeGeare OG, Wake Forest
NFP Grade: 5.4
Scouting Report:
Chris DeGeare: No. 70, OG/OT, 6-4, 335

DeGeare is a thickly built offensive line product with a barrel chest and massive lower body. He was asked to play out of position at left tackle last season and doesn't have the physical or athletic skill set to hold up on the blind side at the next level. He isn't a gifted athlete off the edge, is raw with his initial footwork and displays no real kick-step off the snap. He jumps out of his stance and consistently is asked to open up his hips and lunge into blocks. He's not athletic enough to be a left tackle, but he does exhibit impressive anchor strength when asked to sit into his stance and take on the bull-rush.

He's consistently able to extend his arms and stonewall defenders on contact. He exhibits average short-area quickness and body control in the run game and can create an initial jolt on contact. But he plays heavy-legged and struggles to stay on blocks. He lacks range when asked to reach defenders off his frame and isn't overly explosive off the snap. He needs to be evaluated as a guard prospect only and possesses the size and overall power to warrant a spot in an NFL training camp as a developmental body.

Grade: 5.4

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
thanks steeley. sounds like a solid replacement for our jason capizzi project/experiment.

these are the types of guys a diligent team takes a gamble on each year with hopes of striking bronze. still seams a bit strange to use one of our 30 alotted visits on such a low ranked prospect though.

Aussie_steeler
03-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Remember that any prospect from around roughly 100 miles counts as a local visit and not an official visit.

Bowman and Lee wont count against the 30. Any guys from Penn, Pitt and West Virginia dont count but many will be brought in for a free look.

THis is where I usually head to for a running list
http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5770&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So far:
1. Earl Thomas - DB - Texas (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
2. Arrelious Benn - WR - Illinois (scout.com)
3. LeGarrette Blount - RB - Oregon (scout.com)
4. Mike Iupati- OG - Idaho (scout.com)
5. Kareem Jackson - CB - Alabama (Gil Brandt, Sirius NFL radio)
6. Nolan Carroll - CB - Maryland (scout.com)
7. Albert McClellan - DE - Marshall (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
8. Adrian Tracy - OLB - W&M (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
9. Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise (national football post)
10. Chris DeGeare - OT - Wake Forrest (thetimesnews.com)

Local visits
Nate Byham - TE - Pitt http://postgazette.com/pg/10075/1043168-66.stm
Dorin Dickerson - TE - Pitt
Navorro Bowman - LB - PSU
Sean Lee - LB - PSU

SteelerFanInStl
03-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised to see Benn on that list. He's a high 2nd, possible low 1st round pick.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Kyle Wilson CB- Boise St...........apparantly ran a 4.43 at his pro day, while Vikings scouts had him at 4.39.

Looking good at #18.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I love the fact that we are looking at Adrian Tracy. He is a 6'3 248 lb OLB who finished the year with 22 tackles for loss and 12 sacks, For his career he had 62.5 tackles for loss and 31 career sacks.

There are 2 other small school OLB's that I like as sleepers in the later rounds. They are:

Arthur Moats, the 6'0 246 lb OLB from James Madison who was the Buchanon award winner as the best defensive player in the FCS. He had 23.5 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback sacks this year. For his career he has 48.5 tackles for loss and 29 sacks.

Larry Hart the 6'0 248 lb OLB from Central Arkansas who finished his career with 21.5 sacks and 31.5 tackles for loss. Hart also led the league with 4 forced fumbles and he had two blocked kicks, one fumble recovery and an interception. Last year he had 10.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks.

Here is the thing. All three of these prospects worked out as OLB...ILB....and DE's for scouts. There is some SERIOUS versatility here for players that are predicted to go in the 5th-7th rounds.

jollyrob68
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
The Steelers seem to always have hide gems that they like and bring in as undrafted Free agents or late picks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2010, 05:09 PM
It's interesting to me in that I would never expect it. Thought Bowman was a 4-3 will only. I guess they'd consider him at mack same as Weatherspoon. He is very good at reading the play and reacting quickly.

Yeah, I like Bowmann as an ILB and think he just has great instincts and skills.

thanks steeley. sounds like a solid replacement for our jason capizzi project/experiment.

these are the types of guys a diligent team takes a gamble on each year with hopes of striking bronze. still seams a bit strange to use one of our 30 alotted visits on such a low ranked prospect though.

DeGeare is a OG prospect if anything. He posted some good quickness and speed numbers at the combine, but has shorter arms than you would like for an OT. Looks more like a late round flyer on another Ramon Foster type player.

Sharkissle29
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Remember that any prospect from around roughly 100 miles counts as a local visit and not an official visit.

Bowman and Lee wont count against the 30. Any guys from Penn, Pitt and West Virginia dont count but many will be brought in for a free look.

THis is where I usually head to for a running list
http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5770&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

wow i actually didnt know this....pretty cool stuff

St33lersguy
03-29-2010, 08:11 PM
They should schedule a visit with Dan Williams

Galax Steeler
03-30-2010, 04:22 AM
They should schedule a visit with Dan Williams

I would say they probably will we still have about three weeks till the draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-31-2010, 05:30 AM
1. Earl Thomas - DB - Texas (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
2. Arrelious Benn - WR - Illinois (scout.com)
3. LeGarrette Blount - RB - Oregon (scout.com)
4. Mike Iupati- OG - Idaho (scout.com)
5. Kareem Jackson - CB - Alabama (Gil Brandt, Sirius NFL radio)
6. Nolan Carroll - CB - Maryland (scout.com)
7. Albert McClellan - DE - Marshall (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
8. Adrian Tracy - OLB - W&M (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
9. Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise (national football post)
10. Chris DeGeare - OT - Wake Forrest (thetimesnews.com)
11. Anthony Dixon - RB - Mississippi State (TIOPS)
12. Brandon Ghee - CB - Wake Forest (Tiops)
13. Michael Neal - DE - Purdue (Bouchette)
14. Darrell Stuckey - S - Kansas. (Bouchette)
15. Jacques McClendon - G - Tennessee (steelers.com)
16. Rodger Saffold - T/G - Indiana (steelers.com)

DB's
FS/CB Earl Thomas-1st Rounder
CB Kyle Wilson- 1st Rounder
CB Kareem Jackson-1st Rounder
CB Brandon Ghee-2nd Rounder
SS DarrellStucky-late 2nd/early 3rd Rounder
CB Nolan Carroll- 6th Rounder (was a 2nd round prospect before breaking leg in 2nd game of the year- just ran a 4.37 forty at proday)

O-Linemen
OG Mike Iupati- 1st Rounder
OG/OT Rodger Saffold- 2nd Rounder
OG/OT Chris DeGeare- 7th Rounder
OG Jacques McClendon- UDFA

RB's
RB LeGarrette Blount- 4th Rounder
RB Anthony Dixon-4th Rounder

* worth noting the type of RB we have brought in thus far... Blount is 6'1 241 lbs and Dixon is 6'1 233 lbs.

LB's
OLB Adrian Tracy-6th Rounder
OLB Albert McClellan-7th Rounder

DE's
DE Michael Neal- 3rd rounder

WR's
WR Arrelious Benn- 2nd Rounder

We take take from this what we want...but it appears that we are focusing on early round DB's ...a Bruising RB around 3rd or 4th round....and a project OLB later.

Sharkissle29
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
DB's
CB Nolan Carroll- 6th Rounder (was a 2nd round prospect before breaking leg in 2nd game of the year- just ran a 4.37 forty at proday)

O-Linemen

RB's

* worth noting the type of RB we have brought in thus far... Blount is 6'1 241 lbs and Dixon is 6'1 233 lbs.

LB's

DE's

WR's
WR Joe Webb - 4th-5th Rounder

We take take from this what we want...but it appears that we are focusing on early round DB's ...a Bruising RB around 3rd or 4th round....and a project OLB later.

Just got a text from the steelers that said Joe Webb, who played quarterback but is transitioning to WR in the NFL from uAB, gave the steelers a visit.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Eric Norwood visited yesterday (April 1).

The Steelers ended their first week of pre-draft visits on Thursday, April 1 by meeting with defensive back Brandon Ghee, 6-foot, 192-pounds, from Wake Forest; and linebacker Eric Norwood, 6-1, 245, from South Carolina.

Ghee played cornerback in college but may be tried at safety in the NFL, and Norwood was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference selection at linebacker in each of the past two seasons.

The Steelers have no visits planned either for Friday, April 2 or Monday, April 5 because of the Easter holiday.
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/List-of-pre-draft-player-visits---4-1/573a6101-67ec-4fe8-815c-4936378b3c55

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Updated as of 04/06/10

DB's
CB Nolan Carroll- 6th Rounder
CB Terrence Johnson-7th Rounder/UDFA

O-Linemen
OT Bryan Bulaga-1st Rounder
OC Maurkice Pouncey-1st Rounder
OT Selvish Capers- 4th Rounder

RB's

LB's
OLB Eric Norwood- 2nd Rounder
ILB Sean Lee-2nd Rounder
OLB Navorro Bowman-3rd Rounder

DE's

WR's
WR Donald Jones-7th Rounder/UDFA

Texasteel
04-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Was kinda hoping their'd bring in McCourty for a look.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Was kinda hoping their'd bring in McCourty for a look.

I hear you.... I'd also like to see them bring in Veldheer.

Texasteel
04-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I hear you.... I'd also like to see them bring in Veldheer.

To bad they don't listen to us, partner. McCourty, Veldheer 1 and 2 would be very doable, and I think would be a great start to our draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
To bad they don't listen to us, partner. McCourty, Veldheer 1 and 2 would be very doable, and I think would be a great start to our draft.

Still waiting for that phone call.

I'm confident they will come around. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
How about Jason Fox?? I think if he is medically clean, then he has less risk in the 2nd than Veldheer, but also less upside. The Jamain Stevens and Mathias Nkwenti drafts still scare me about taking small school linemen. :nervous:

Aussie_steeler
04-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I am happy that McCourty is not on the list. More than likely the guy that is drafted wont have come in for a visit. I am starting to become a bit of a McCourty convert. IMO he is probably better suited to our secondary than Wilson.

At this stage I think it is going to be a pure BPA pick at #18 and the highest rated player ( on net draft boards) left may well be Dez Bryant. Where he fits on the steelers board who knows. IMO the #17 - 19 range in the first round appears to be awesome value for true 4-3 DE's currently.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
How about Jason Fox?? I think if he is medically clean, then he has less risk in the 2nd than Veldheer, but also less upside. The Jamain Stevens and Mathias Nkwenti drafts still scare me about taking small school linemen. :nervous:

Fox was listed at a possible 1st rounder at one point...then with the knee injury and the report of an irregular heartbeat, he dropped all the way to the 7th round. Now he is slowly working his way back up the boards...I am seeing him as high as a late #2 but he seems to be settling in at about Round #4.

I am just very leary about putting him on my board as a possible pick. I have seen to many players not get drafted at all because of medical black-balling. Remember Anthony Munoz's son Michael Munoz? He was a predicted 2nd rounder who slipped off everyone's draft board after having a shoulder surgery. I think the irregular heartbeat may have the same affect on Jason Fox's status.

He had a chance to change the minds of doubters at his pro-day...but ended up pulling a hamstring and left the scouts with more questions at the end of the day then when he started.

If he ends up going undrafted I would LOVE to bring him and give him the shot he deserves!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-07-2010, 07:37 AM
The Jamain Stevens and Mathias Nkwenti drafts still scare me about taking small school linemen. :nervous:

I think that is why Saffold is ranked higher than Veldheer...

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Updated as of 04/06/10

DB's

O-Linemen

RB's

LB's
ILB Sean Lee-2nd Rounder

DE's

WR's

Hmmmm...since my mind works in weird ways...I wondered what is the best draft we could get using only players we are bring in.

1) OC Maurkice Pouncey
2) ILB Sean Lee
3) DE Michael Neal
4) RB LaGarrett Blount
5) OT Selvish Capers
5) WR Joe Webb
5) OLB Adrian Tracy
6) CB Nolan Carroll (measured in at 6'1 204...and can play safety)
7) OLB Albert McClellan
7) OG/OT Chris DeGeare

Thats the best I can do....what do you think? (...and before anyone says anything..I know that its NOT going to happen....its just a fun excercise)

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Add Dez Bryant, Golden Tate and linebacker Koa Misi to the list.

Five more players made pre-draft visits to the Steelers facility at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex on Wednesday, April 7, a group including two wide receivers, a running back and two linebackers.

The two wide receivers were Dez Bryant, 6-foot-2, 225-pounds, from Oklahoma State; and Golden Tate, 5-10, 199, from Notre Dame.

The running back was LaGarrette Blount, 6-0, 241, from Oregon.

The linebackers were Koa Misi, 6-3, 251, from Utah; and Adrian Tracy, 6-3, 248, from William & Mary.

Bryant and Tate are two of the top receivers available in the upcoming draft. Bryant played in only three games last season before being suspended by the NCAA for lying about a relationship with Deion Sanders, who was said to be recruiting clients for agent Eugene Parker. Tate won the Biletnikoff Award in 2009 after posting the best receiving season in Notre Dame history.

Blount was suspended for his role in a postgame, on-field fight following an opening loss to Boise State, but he eventually was reinstated by Coach Chip Kelly and played in the teamís final two games.

Misi was a team captain who posted 10.5 sacks over his final three seasons; and Tracy was a team captain who recorded 22 sacks over his last two college seasons.

So far, the Steelers have had 19 players in for visits Ė five linebackers, four offensive linemen, three cornerbacks, three wide receivers, two safeties, one defensive lineman and one running back.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/List-of-pre-draft-player-visits---4-7/573a6101-67ec-4fe8-815c-4936378b3c55

Aussie_steeler
04-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Oh crap. I have been watching Kao Misi quietly for about a month now trying to keep him quiet.

No chance he gets drafted now - you might as well give him to the Pats, Browns or Pittsburgh West.

Seriously he is the ideal guy to bring in as a backup to Harrison and Woodley. He has played DE, DT and LB at Utah so he is readily adaptable. His best position is projected to be 3-4 OLBi but I think he could also handle the role of 3-4 ILB. Timmons has been playing both positions but I think Misi could handle the thumper role at ILB a bit better.

I keep looking at a trade down scenario in the first to get another low 2nd or high 3rd round pick with an eye on landing Misi in that range. His combine videos show that he is more than capable of handling the coverage needed at OLB.

LLT -- My visit mock would be ( with a trade down with Philli to the #24 with another pick at #3 -6. Phili would get # 1 -18 and #4 - 18)

1 - 24 Maurkice Pouncey OC
2. - 20 Brandon Ghee CB
3 - 6 Koa Misi OLB
3 - 18 Darrell Stuckey SS / FS
5 - 20 Selvish Capers OT
5b Anthony Dixon RB
5c Adrian Tracey OLB
6 Nolan Carroll CB
7 Chris DeGeare OG
7b Donald Jones WR

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Another six visited today(April 8th). New names are D-Linemen Clifton Geathers and Linval Joseph, Reciever Carlton Mitchell and Tight End Rob Gronkowski.

Thursday, April 8 turned out to be the busiest day so far, with six more players making their pre-draft visits to the Steelers facility at the UPMC Sports Performance Complex. This group included two offensive linemen, two defensive linemen, a wide receiver and a tight end.

The offensive linemen were guard Mike Iupati, 6-foot-5, 331-pounds, from Idaho; and center Maurkice Pouncey, 6-4, 301, from Florida. The defensive linemen were Clifton Geathers, 6-7, 299, from South Carolina and Linval Joseph, 6-4, 328, from East Carolina.

The wide receiver was Carlton Mitchell, 6-3, 215, from South Florida; and the tight end was Rob Gronkowski, 6-6, 264, from Arizona.

Iupati is considered a first-round talent, and he is a former team captain who made 33 starts at guard during his final three college seasons. Pouncey, who declared for the draft after his junior year, won the Rimington Award in 2009 as college football’s top center.

Geathers is the son of Robert Geathers Sr., who played for the Buffalo Bills in the 1980s, and his brother is Robert Jr., currently a starter for the Cincinnati Bengals. Joseph started 23 games at nose tackle over his final two college seasons, during which he blocked three kicks.

Mitchell averaged 16.3 yards per catch over his final two college seasons, and he also holds the South Florida school record in the 400 meters with a time of 47.28 seconds.

Gronkowski missed the 2009 season after having surgery to repair a herniated disc and nerve damage in his back.

So far, the Steelers have had 25 players in for visits – six offensive linemen, five linebackers, four wide receivers, three cornerbacks, three defensive lineman, two safeties, one running back and one tight end.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/List-of-pre-draft-player-visits---4-8/573a6101-67ec-4fe8-815c-4936378b3c55

taztroy43
04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Another six visited today(April 8th). New names are D-Linemen Clifton Geathers and Linval Joseph, Reciever Carlton Mitchell and Tight End Rob Gronkowski.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/List-of-pre-draft-player-visits---4-8/573a6101-67ec-4fe8-815c-4936378b3c55

I was doing some research a while back on late round prospect DE....and Geathers was projected to be drafted late in the draft........if I recall correctly but then had some off field issues(the guy has a lot of potential but is/was a trouble maker)......I'm surprised the Steelers are taking a look @ this guy.....but I guess a late round flier wouldn't hurt them that much......:noidea:

Wait just looked it up again and he's projected in the mid rounds 3-5....

Here's an article I found on rookiedraft.com on him.....

"Geathers has major NFL bloodlines with his father, uncle, and brother all having played in the NFL. His older brother Robert is the starting defensive end for the Cincinnati Bengals.

He originally committed to Georgia but did not qualify academically and wound up at South Carolina after a year at Hargrave Military Academy.

He has tremendous length and size to take the edge away from an offensive tackle with his explosion. Has a 38-inch vertical leap.

Doesnít take pride in his technique and it hurts his effectiveness, being caught out of position. Hasnít been consistent with his level of play and his dedication to the game is in question.

Has major character question marks as a result of his 2009 arrest. Regardless, heís got a ton of upside and has an NFL pedigree.

cliftongeathersSchool: South Carolina
Position: DE
Year: Junior
Hometown: Georgetown, SC
Height: 6′7″
Weight: 299
40 T: 4.98
Projection: 3rd Round"

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-09-2010, 10:05 AM
DB's

O-Linemen

RB's

LB's
ILB Sean Lee-2nd Rounder
OLB Kao Misi-2nd Rounder

DE's
DE Michael Neal- 3rd Rounder
DE Clifton Geathers- 4th-5th Rounder

DT's
NT Linval Joseph-2nd Rounder

WR's
WR Dez Bryant-1st Rounder
WR Golden Tate-1st-2nd Rounder
WR Carlton Mitchell-2nd-3rd Rounder

TE's
TE Rob Gronkowski-2nd Rounder

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Can Mike Neal really play a DE spot?? He's a bit short I think for that spot in a 3-4. He just seems like a classic 3-technique guy to me.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Recievers Emmanual Sanders and Arrelious Benn visited today along with Earl Thomas.

The passing attack has become a big part of winning and losing in the NFL, and on Friday, April 9 the Steelers visited with three players who will be involved in that aspect of the game.

One day after hosting six players for their pre-draft visits, the Steelers closed out the week by bringing in three more – two wide receivers and a safety.

The wide receivers were Emmanuel Sanders, 5-foot-11, 186-pounds from SMU, and Rejus Benn, 6-1, 219, from Illinois. The safety was Earl Thomas, 5-10, 208, from Texas.

Sanders, a team captain, led SMU in receiving in 2009 with 98 catches that were good for a 13.7 average, and he also returned 20 punts and finished with a 13.8 average. Benn is another team captain who led the Illini in receiving in each of the past three seasons, and he also eats no red meat or fried foods.

Thomas broke up 17 passes as a redshirt freshman in 2008 to set a school record in that category, and then in 2009 as a redshirt sophomore he had eight interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/List-of-pre-draft-player-visits---4-9/573a6101-67ec-4fe8-815c-4936378b3c55

Steely McSmash
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I ran a drafttek simulation based on the needs as expressed in the visits. Here's the result:

www.drafttek.com

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 18 Pittsburgh Trent Williams OG Oklahoma P3 +8 Value

2 52 Pittsburgh Damian Williams WRF USC P3 -1 Reach

3 82 Pittsburgh Navorro Bowman ILB Penn State P3 -5 Reach

4 116 Pittsburgh Anthony Dixon RBF Mississippi State P3 +4 Value

5 151 Pittsburgh Syd'Quan Thompson CB California P3 +4 Value

5 164 Pittsburgh Clifton Geathers DE34 South Carolina P3 -7 Reach

5 166 Pittsburgh Al Woods DT34 LSU P3R -49 Reach

6 188 Pittsburgh Arthur Moats OLB34 James Madison P4R +0 Value

7 225 Pittsburgh John Conner FB Kentucky P4 +19 Value

7 241 Pittsburgh Thomas Welch OT Vanderbilt P4R -7 Reach

Steely McSmash
04-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Can Mike Neal really play a DE spot?? He's a bit short I think for that spot in a 3-4. He just seems like a classic 3-technique guy to me.

Kimo von Oelhoffen did pretty well with similar size.

Galax Steeler
04-10-2010, 04:24 AM
They have brought in 6 receivers it seems to me like they are going to take one but which round?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2010, 07:39 AM

Mike Neal is 6'3 294 lbs.....Ziggy Hood was just shy of that at 6'2.7 and 300 lbs

KeiselPower99
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Whats the professional word on Albert McClellan? I think it would take a season to learn the LB postion but he has a knack on getting to the qb.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 07:15 AM
They should bring in #12 for another visit.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Two more visits today. Wide reciever Antonio Brown and DE Alex Carrington.

The Steelers began the final full week before the draft with two scheduled visit, those coming with wide receiver Antonio Brown of Central Michigan and defensive end Alex Carrington of Arkansas State.

Brown is 5-foot-10, 186-pounds, and he declared for the NFL Draft following his junior season of eligibility. In his three college seasons, Brown caught 310 passes for 3,198 yards, and he added another 2,602 yards on kickoff returns over the same time frame.

Carrington., 6-5, 285, posted 19.5 sacks in 24 starts over the 2008-09 seasons. David Johnson, the Steelers’ seventh-round pick last April who made the team as a rookie tight end also attended Arkansas State.

So far, the Steelers have had 30 players in for visits – seven wide receivers, six offensive linemen, five linebackers, four defensive lineman, three cornerbacks, three safeties, one running back and one tight end.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/List-of-pre-draft-player-visits---4-12/573a6101-67ec-4fe8-815c-4936378b3c55

Aussie_steeler
04-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Final list give or take a couple

OFFICIAL VISITS
1. Earl Thomas - DB - Texas (steelers.com/Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
2. Arrelious Benn - WR - Illinois - 2nd rd - (steelers.com/scout.com)
3. LeGarrette Blount - RB - 4th rd- Oregon (scout.com)
4. Mike Iupati- OG - Idaho -1st rd- (scout.com)
5. Kareem Jackson - CB - Alabama -2nd rd - (Gil Brandt, Sirius NFL radio)
6. Nolan Carroll - CB - Maryland - 5th rd- (scout.com)
7. Albert McClellan - DE - Marshall -7th/UDFA - (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
8. Adrian Tracy - OLB - W&M - 7th/UDFA - (Reported by Scout.com's Chris Steuber)
9. Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise -1st rd - (national football post)
10. Chris DeGeare - OT - Wake Forrest - 7th/UDFA - (thetimesnews.com)
11. Anthony Dixon - RB - Mississippi State -3rd rd - (TIOPS)
12. Brandon Ghee - CB - Wake Forest - 2nd rd- (National Football Post)
13. Michael Neal - DE - Purdue - 3rd/4th rd - (Bouchette)
14. Darrell Stuckey - S - Kansas - 2nd/3rd rd - (Bouchette)
15. Jacques McClendon - G - Tennessee - 7th/UDFA - (steelers.com)
16. Rodger Saffold - T/G - Indiana - 2nd rd- (steelers.com)
17. Joe Webb - WR - UAB - 4th/5th rd - (steelers.com)
18. Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa 1st (steelers.com)
19. Koa Misi - OLB - Utah 3rd (steelers.com)
20. Golden Tate - WR - Note Dame - 1st (steelers.com)
21. Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma St 1st (steelers.com)
22. Maurkice Pouncey - C - Florida - 1st (steelers.com)
23. Clifton Geathers - DE - South Carolina - 4th/5th (steelers.com)
24. Linval Joseph - NT - East Carolina 3rd/4th (steelers.com)
25. Eric Norwood - OLB - South Carolina 2nd/3rd (national football post)
26. Carlton Mitchell - WR - South Florida 3rd/4th (steelers.com)
27. Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU 1st (steelers.com)
28. Emmanuel Sanders - WR - SMU 4th/5th(steelers.com)
29. Antonio Brown - WR - Central Michigan 6th/7th (steelers.com)
30. Alex Carrington - DE - Arkansas St 2nd/4th (steelers.com)

LOCAL VISITS
1. Nate Byham - TE - Pitt - 5th rd
2. Dorin Dickerson - TE - Pitt - 3rd rd
3. Navorro Bowman - LB - PSU - 2nd rd
4. Sean Lee - LB - PSU - 2nd/3rd rd
5. Rob Gronkowski - TE - Arizona 2nd/3rd (steelers.com)
6. Donald Jones - WR Youngstown St - UDFA

http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5770&start=0

NOTE - The Steelers entertained their final two college draft prospects Tuesday, linebackers Sean Lee of Penn State and Jerry Hughes of Texas Christian. They had 32 official visits the past 21/2 weeks, not counting players from Pitt. Each team is permitted 30 visits plus any from their home area. Besides the Pitt players, two others did not count among the 30 - Lee, from Upper St. Clair, and tight end Rob Gronkowski, who attended Woodland Hills High School.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1050178-66.stm#ixzz0l3nL3cAS
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1050178-66.stm

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Final list with Links
(This took a long time...But I provided the links to keep us the most informed Steelers forum on the web!!!)

DB's
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72083&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68129&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69167&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74747&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=75663&draftyear=2010&genpos=SS
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56730&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=85858&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB

O-Linemen
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68825&draftyear=2010&genpos=OT
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=73948&draftyear=2010&genpos=OG
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71388&draftyear=2010&genpos=C
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78897&draftyear=2010&genpos=OT
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=79170&draftyear=2010&genpos=OT
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58092&draftyear=2010&genpos=OG
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65836&draftyear=2010&genpos=OG

RB's
RB Anthony Dixon 3rd-4th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64982&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB
RB LeGarrette Blount- 4th-5th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81967&draftyear=2010&genpos=RB

LB's
OLB Jerry Hughes-1st-2nd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=76844&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66032&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB
ILB Sean Lee-2nd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57297&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB
OLB Kao Misi-2nd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70994&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66032&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=73137&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB
ILB Albert McClellan-7th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56725&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB

DE's
DE Alex Carrington -2nd-3rd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74214&draftyear=2010&genpos=de
DE Michael Neal- 3rd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78271&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT
DE Clifton Geathers- 4th-5th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70024&draftyear=2010&genpos=DE

DT's
NT Linval Joseph-2nd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70408&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

WR's
WR Dez Bryant-1st Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68811&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
WR Golden Tate-1st-2nd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72032&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68584&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
WR Carlton Mitchell-2nd-3rd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65932&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
WR Emmanuel Sanders -4th-5th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68105&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=77188&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
WR Antonio Brown 6th-7th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74466&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89116&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

TE's
TE Rob Gronkowski-2nd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70168&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE
TE Dorin Dickerson 2nd-3rd Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64971&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE
TE Nate Byham- 6th Rounder
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=64722&draftyear=2010&genpos=TE