PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Psl good investment?

HanSteelers
03-20-2010, 01:02 PM
First of all
Would like to say this is my first post and am excited to be part of the forum

Second,

Im currently interested in purchasing some lower level psls. I have some extra money i could use to purchase them. I have been going to about 2 games a year which i usually scalp off of ebay or craigslist. Would it be a good idea to pick up the PSL's for a fair price now and sell of the games that i didn't need? Also if i sold off the games i didn't need and the buyer gets into trouble at the stadium, can they take the psl away? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

pete74
03-20-2010, 01:15 PM
this is in the wrong section but im sure i mod will move it for you. welcome to the forum bro, its good to have you here

wootawnee
03-20-2010, 05:46 PM
First of all
Would like to say this is my first post and am excited to be part of the forum

Second,

Im currently interested in purchasing some lower level psls. I have some extra money i could use to purchase them. I have been going to about 2 games a year which i usually scalp off of ebay or craigslist. Would it be a good idea to pick up the PSL's for a fair price now and sell of the games that i didn't need? Also if i sold off the games i didn't need and the buyer gets into trouble at the stadium, can they take the psl away? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Investment?.....Well that depends on what type of fan you are.......But if you want to purchase these just to make profits, that is frowned upon by the hardcore fans, and the league, since it drives up individual ticket prices to get into games........
As for "if they can take away the psl", you have individual rights that protect you as a seller of a product that separates you from a consumers actions.....Such as a gun manufacturer........Do not be afraid........

HanSteelers
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
anymore input?
thanks for the information so far
so it is positive i cannot lose the license if i cannot make certain games and sell them off?

steeltheone
03-22-2010, 03:51 AM
You own those seats. You can do anything with those tickets you want. You can sell every game.

WeegiesWarriors
03-22-2010, 06:22 AM
I kicked around the idea of buying various team psl's as an investment but in the end I think there are safer places to invest money. The thought was to buy a psl when a team is horrid and sell when they get good. A PSL can be had for a few hundred bucks through a team and for a really good team can be sold for thousands. But in the mean time you are purchasing season tickets and if you can't get rid of them then you eat the cost. Too much risk.

The browns come to mind. You can buy psl's through the team right now, and their fanbase is so rabid that if they ever start winning you'd sell a bad psl for 10 grand. However, it could be 20 years before they ever win consistently, and you can't give browns tickets away right now.

solardave
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
anymore input?
so it is positive i cannot lose the license if i cannot make certain games and sell them off?

Welcome to the forum. I would not be looking for Legal Advice here.

HanSteelers
03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
just picked up my psl! anymore input on the long term investment of them?

steelerchad
03-27-2010, 07:49 PM
just picked up my psl! anymore input on the long term investment of them?

Investment?
Probably depends on whether our QB can stay out of jail or at least keep from being suspended.

Steeler PSL's are pretty steady. But so are the Steelers. I've looked at the last 5 years of history and they haven't gone up or down a whole lot. If the Steelers went on a terrible losing streak for 4 or 5 years they may go down some, but I don't think too drastically. They also didn't jump too much in the years after our 2 SuperBowl wins this decade.

If you don't mind sharing, how many seats did you buy? Where are they? How much did they set you back?

HanSteelers
03-28-2010, 04:54 AM
steelerschad. email me at poofyo101@aol.com and id be happy to share. also do you happen to have the last 5 years sales data from steelers marketplace before they uploaded the new info? i actually accidently deleted it and now i cant find it anywhere. if you have it if you would email me that id greatly appreciate it

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Seat Transfer Forms are being processed at Heinz beginning this morning
New PSL OWNER
Charges Dropped
It is a great day to be a Steelers fan

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
anymore input?

I own a PSL, and if you purchase the tickets, you can sell them. You can use ticket exchange to help you sell them, you can even sell them to make a small profit on them.