PDA

View Full Version : A rule change that could further sissify the NFL.

WH
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflmeetings

Overtime will draw most of the headlines, but also on the agenda are:

— Further protection of defenseless players.

Unnecessary roughness penalties were up slightly in 2009. The committee found instances of hits it would like to see changed by lowering the target area and ensuring a receiver not only has completed a catch, but has had time to protect himself. A defensive player would be prohibited from launching into the receiver in any way that causes the defensive player’s helmet, facemask, shoulder or forearm to forcibly strike the receiver’s head.

I feel bad for ref's. I'd hate to have to be the guy calling this crap.

AllD
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
The next expansion team should use pink and fusia as their uniform colors.

tony hipchest
03-21-2010, 01:52 PM
The committee found instances of hits it would like to see changed by lowering the target area and ensuring a receiver not only has completed a catch, but has had time to protect himself.

wtf?

they should penalize a QB 5 yards for throwing a ball in traffic or to a defenseless WR.

MACH1
03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Next rule - Eliminate all tackling and and use one hand touch rules, of course after the ball has been caught.

Nadroj 20
03-21-2010, 02:12 PM
This is dumb and you know why i heard the OT rules are only for the post season? It is because they do not want the players on the field any more then they have to to prevent injury during the regular season :doh: Somebody remind these idiots this is FOOTBALL!

fansince'76
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
The committee found instances of hits it would like to see changed by lowering the target area and ensuring a receiver not only has completed a catch, but has had time to protect himself.

Let's just do away with defenses altogether since fans just wanna see scoring by the bunches. :applaudit:

theplatypus
03-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Let's just do away with defenses altogether since fans just wanna see scoring by the bunches. :applaudit:

I can guarantee that there will be one less person watching.

AllD
03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Just eliminate the intentional grounding penalty and add chiffon and a feather boa to the QBs uniform.

St33lersguy
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Did it ever occur to these morons that this is real football. I have had enough of these stupid pansies trying to take away the hard hit in the NFL just to coddle offensive players. This is football, if they really want to protect the players they should just discourage them from joining the NFL. Someone should tell these morons that football is a man's game and that these players shouldn't be treated like girls.

NEPAsteeler
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
:doh:

yep.

SteelerFan091472
03-22-2010, 09:12 PM
The wussification of the NFL continues. Goodell's slogan should be "If It's Not Broken, Let's Fix It".

steelreserve
03-24-2010, 12:29 AM
The next expansion team should use pink and fusia as their uniform colors.

http://images5.cafepress.com/product/74289445v7_480x480_Back_Color-BabyBlueWhite.jpg

HometownGal
03-24-2010, 05:59 AM

:toofunny::toofunny:

The way things are going, pretty soon the NFL is going to mandate that the players wear tutus and ballerina slippers. :banging:

zulater
03-24-2010, 06:32 AM
wtf?

they should penalize a QB 5 yards for throwing a ball in traffic or to a defenseless WR.

Kordell would have been suspended every other game if they had a rule like that ten years ago. :chuckle:

Texasteel
03-24-2010, 06:46 AM
:toofunny::toofunny:

The way things are going, pretty soon the NFL is going to mandate that the players wear tutus and ballerina slippers. :banging:

There is a QB in New England that already does.

Indo
03-30-2010, 12:43 PM
*sigh*

If you don't want to get hit, go join the US Curling Team; stay TF out of the NFL.

What's with Goodeal? He wants to expand the fan/ viewer base by pussifying the sport?

Nadroj 20
03-30-2010, 01:30 PM
I dont get goodell at all....he wants to try and keep the players "safe" and he is going overboard by trying to do this AND isnt he trying to add two more game on to the regular season? :doh: yeah makes alot of sense if your goal is to keep players safe :rolleyes: