PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl XIII -- Dallas vs Pittsburgh --

Venom
03-22-2010, 07:37 AM
On March 27th , the Nfl Network at 8:00pm will show SuperBowl XIII in its entirety . It was a classic !!!!:tt04:

Galax Steeler
03-23-2010, 04:45 AM
That was a great game.:tt05:

tube517
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Rocky's "Ballet like" catch (Only jumped about a foot)
Bradshaw's fumble
Swann's real Ballet like catch
Franco's rumble for a TD (after being ticked off by Hollywood Henderson)
Stallworth's 75 yd TD
Bradshaw's first 300 yd game
First team to 3 SB's
Jackie Smith's drop
An epic game against the Cryboys.
:tt03:

pepsyman1
03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
The game that became THE standard for comparison for a great Super Bowl. Ya know, it's getting around that time for another Steelers/Cowboys Superbowl.

steelerdude15
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Greatest Steelers Super Bowl IMO.

AllD
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
It is on right now. Steelers vs. Cowboys. I put my $ on the Steelers.

AllD
03-27-2010, 08:33 PM
For all of you who were not born yet and able to watch the greatest team in NFL history live, this is a must see.

AllD
03-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Dobra Shunka! The D and OL kept the Steelers going after Brad's three first half TOs.

SteelerFanInStl
03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
I was flipping channels and saw it. Watching it right now. I was 13 when it happened and I remember having a bet on the game with one of my friends who was a Cowboys fan.

One of the things that's very noticeable is the size of the players. They're quite a bit smaller than today's players but it also looks like every one of them is in very good shape. I don't see a single player with a gut, not even the linemen.

chacha
03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I love watching that game, but Curt Gowdy was a crappy announcer! Dirty towels? Jack Greene? Yikes!

chacha
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
One of the things that's very noticeable is the size of the players. They're quite a bit smaller than today's players but it also looks like every one of them is in very good shape. I don't see a single player with a gut, not even the linemen.

That's a good point about the players not having a gut, you're right, none of them looked out of shape

tube517
03-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Gowdy was an old fart by then....Enberg got relegated to Hosting duties but wanted to call the game....Gowdy is putting me to sleep.

I love watching that game, but Curt Gowdy was a crappy announcer! Dirty towels? Jack Greene? Yikes!

AllD
03-28-2010, 09:17 AM
That's a good point about the players not having a gut, you're right, none of them looked out of shape

Different diet and different training.

The number of superstars on that team is incredible. Brad, Franco, Blount, Greene, Swann, Stallworth, Ham, Lambert, Webster, White.

Then Dirt Winston, Donnie Shell, Rocky, Greenwood, Banaszak, Cole, Furness, Wagner.

Ron Johnson, a rookie CB, shuts down Preston Pearson in the first three quarters. Stallworth goes down to leg cramps and Theo Bell gets plugged in and makes some important catches.

Brad was rattled in the first half, but made some great throws in the second. Not to mention all the hits he took that would be flagged today. Mel Blount was the best CB in NFL history not allowing WRs to get off the line and he picked off passes.

I also forgot that if the kicker kicks out of bounds they have to rekick from the 30. That was a dumb rule with the new 40 yard line placement rule much better. I still disagree with the new OT rule.

Venom
03-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Yea that was hilarious when Curt said " Dirty Towels "

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 06:12 PM
One of the things that's very noticeable is the size of the players. They're quite a bit smaller than today's players but it also looks like every one of them is in very good shape. I don't see a single player with a gut, not even the linemen.franco harris would be average to kinda big by todays standards. back then he was an absolute monster!

i'd say the only ones who really havent changed in stature would be the wr's and cb's (infact they have probably gotten smaller and speedier).

tube517
03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah, in this game, Mel Blount manhandles Tony Hill at the line (within 5 yards) of scrimmage. He would still be "big" in this day and age.

i'd say the only ones who really havent changed in stature would be the wr's and cb's (infact they have probably gotten smaller and speedier).

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I caught it last night - definitely fun to rewatch it.

Venom
03-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Tonight is the Wild Card game between the Browns and Steelers from 8 years ago on the NFL Network.