PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Mock Draft I

steelerdave1969
03-23-2010, 09:34 PM
These are my opinions but I think this would be a great draft thru the first 5 rounds not counting our 2 added 5th rounders.

1. OT Trent Williams 6'4 315 lbs Oklahoma
2. DB Kareem Jackson 5'10 196 lbs Alabama (OR)
DB Devin McCourty 5'10 193 lbs Rutgers
3. OG John Jerry 6'5 328 lbs Ole Miss
4. TE Dennis Pitta 6'4 245 lbs BYU
5. ILB Pat Angerer 6'0 235 lbs Iowa

7willBheaven
03-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Not tooo bad...though I'm not high on the TE and OG pick...rather one of them be a C...and if we got a TE that high...i wouldnt mind D.Dickerson from Pitt, his versatility could be amazing for us. But I dont see TE as a huge need as we have like 4 on the team already, but still. Not bad....

Steely McSmash
03-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Not tooo bad...though I'm not high on the TE and OG pick...rather one of them be a C...and if we got a TE that high...i wouldnt mind D.Dickerson from Pitt, his versatility could be amazing for us. But I dont see TE as a huge need as we have like 4 on the team already, but still. Not bad....

I think we could use a big blocking TE to replace Spaeth (big non-blocking TE). McHugh and Johnson are a bit small to block on the line.

Dickerson and Pitta are great as playmakers but we have Heath for that. Those guys have blocking as a weakness versus strength. IF BA isn't going to throw to more than one TE, then only one needs to be able to catch IMO.

In my mock I picked up Byham out of Pitt late as a blocker. Shuler from PSU would be a similar pick, even more of a blocker only type guy. Probably available as a FA even.

7willBheaven
03-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I think we could use a big blocking TE to replace Spaeth (big non-blocking TE). McHugh and Johnson are a bit small to block on the line.

Dickerson and Pitta are great as playmakers but we have Heath for that. Those guys have blocking as a weakness versus strength. IF BA isn't going to throw to more than one TE, then only one needs to be able to catch IMO.

In my mock I picked up Byham out of Pitt late as a blocker. Shuler from PSU would be a similar pick, even more of a blocker only type guy. Probably available as a FA even.

Exactly...in a way that was kinda my point...if your going to take a TE THAT high, then I'd rather have Dickerson. However I do think our #2 TE, should be someone decent, in case Heath ever goes down. I unlike a lot of people dont have a problem with Spaeth being the #2 TE and then the 3rd guy be more of a blocker TE (McHugh, Johnson, or someone)...I wouldnt have a problem with Byham late...even though we drafted Johnson late last year...hmm..haha

steelerdave1969
03-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Dennis Pitta reminds me so much of Dallas Clark of the Colts. And I wouldnt mind having him catching balls for whoever our QB is in the future. Pitta catches everything near him and that is a great asset to having Heath as a good reciever and a great blocker... I think they would be alot better than what we have as a combination.

7willBheaven
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Dennis Pitta reminds me so much of Dallas Clark of the Colts. And I wouldnt mind having him catching balls for whoever our QB is in the future. Pitta catches everything near him and that is a great asset to having Heath as a good reciever and a great blocker... I think they would be alot better than what we have as a combination.

Oh i definitely understand your reasoning...as I've heard these things about Pitta too. But personally I think we have bigger needs than TE in the early rounds. I know its your Dream Draft and all, but still :-) :tt04:

khorton9986
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM

I like the comparison. Pitta's going to be really good in the NFL

steelerdave1969
03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Man I have been seeing Pitta play for the last 2 years and the guy is very good. Now personally I havent got to see the other guys as much on the field. The big TE from Miami, Fla really impresses me but he is very very raw but has the talent to be very good in the NFL as well. John Jerry is a monster in the running game and would be a definite improvement to our line as well I think. And ILB Pat Angerer from Iowa just makes plays.. he is all over the field and hardly ever misses a tackle.