PDA

View Full Version : What other team got to the Superbowl after winning 3 road games?

marksashton
02-05-2006, 12:47 PM
It only happened one other time. The New England Patriots won three road games on the way to the superbowl agains the Chicago Bears. I can't seem to recall the score of that game. Does anyone remember?

PS. This is my only post that could be interpreted as flame bait since I joined this fine forum. It's all in fun.

DIESELMAN
02-05-2006, 01:00 PM
it was in SB XX..The score was way to much to way to little(46-10)

TexaSteeler
02-05-2006, 01:37 PM
It only happened one other time. The New England Patriots won three road games on the way to the superbowl agains the Chicago Bears. I can't seem to recall the score of that game. Does anyone remember?

PS. This is my only post that could be interpreted as flame bait since I joined this fine forum. It's all in fun.

The similarites are astonishing.

boLT fan
02-05-2006, 01:43 PM
You'd better hope the score won't be similar.

TexaSteeler
02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
You'd better hope the score won't be similar.

I don't have to hope, I know it will be a Steelers blowout.

DIESELMAN
02-05-2006, 01:54 PM

No way in hell you compare this years Steelers to the raggedy 85 Pats...yeah they won 3 playoff games but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do.This years Steelers are tougher,stronger, more cohesive and a hell of a lot better physically and mentally. :helmet:

BlackNGold203
02-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Yet another pathetic attempt by Seattle fans to grasp at some straw of hope

Brady12
02-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I was flamed for making a topic about this a month ago.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 01:58 PM
We are so much of a better more complete team than the Pats were that year its not even funny. We're coming out to win this game and leave it all on the field !! Here we go :tt:

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 02:25 PM
No way in hell you compare this years Steelers to the raggedy 85 Pats...yeah they won 3 playoff games but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do.This years Steelers are tougher,stronger, more cohesive and a hell of a lot better physically and mentally. :helmet:

how, exactly, do you know that?

the '85 Patriots didnt have a six game winning streak going into the SB, they only had a stretch where they went 12-2 going into the SB, with the 2 losses each being by 3 points, at the 11-5 Jets, and at the 12-4 Dolphins. And they finished with the same 11-5 record this Steeler team did. AND I would offer the assessment that going into the LA Coliseum against the 1985 Raiders and into the Orange Bowl against the 1985 Dolphins was a more formidable assignment than winning at the overated Colts and in Denver.

and before the inevitable "Yeah but they lost 46-10" comeback, so would ANY other team to the Bears that year. And so would the 2005 Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Player for Player, coach for coach, game plan for game plan..we are a more complete team than they were.

And.. we've the heart and the will to win and the talent to back it up !

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=DIESELMAN]No way in hell you compare this years Steelers to the raggedy 85 Pats... QUOTE]

i agree this Steeler team is better than the '85 Patriots. However it is the above idiocy i was responding to. they arent THAT much better.

DIESELMAN
02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
how, exactly, do you know that?

the '85 Patriots didnt have a six game winning streak going into the SB, they only had a stretch where they went 12-2 going into the SB, with the 2 losses each being by 3 points, at the 11-5 Jets, and at the 12-4 Dolphins. And they finished with the same 11-5 record this Steeler team did. AND I would offer the assessment that going into the LA Coliseum against the 1985 Raiders and into the Orange Bowl against the 1985 Dolphins was a more formidable assignment than winning at the overated Colts and in Denver.

and before the inevitable "Yeah but they lost 46-10" comeback, so would ANY other team to the Bears that year. And so would the 2005 Steelers.

dude your the one that brought this whole lame thread up.....I didn't say the Pats had a 6 game win streak going into the SB,did you not read and comprehend what I wrote? obviously you didn't I said "but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do." they referring to the Pats.why would I say the Steelers didn't have a 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do?DOORKNOB!!!!!
As far as any other team that year.....your probably right,Da Bears of 85 were a force that no one could deal with.As far as the 2005 Steelers? I guess we'll never know but I can honestly say they would've put up a better fight then 46-10!!!!! :helmet:

3 to be 4
02-05-2006, 03:41 PM
dude your the one that brought this whole lame thread up.....I didn't say the Pats had a 6 game win streak going into the SB,did you not read and comprehend what I wrote? obviously you didn't I said "but they didn't have the 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do." they referring to the Pats.why would I say the Steelers didn't have a 6 game win streak coming into the SB like the Steelers do?DOORKNOB!!!!!
As far as any other team that year.....your probably right,Da Bears of 85 were a force that no one could deal with.As far as the 2005 Steelers? I guess we'll never know but I can honestly say they would've put up a better fight then 46-10!!!!! :helmet:

hey, DUDE, perhaps YOU should read the posts before commenting. Some guy named MarkAshton created this thread, not me. And yes, you said the Steelers have a 6 game winning streak and if could READ you would have comprehended that i said that while the Patriots didnt have a 6 game winning streak going into the SB (although they did earlier that year) that they had a more impressive 12-2 record going into the game and that their wins at LA and Miami were harder than winning at Indy and Denver.
im not so sure the 2005 Steelers would do much better against the '85 Bears. maybe 38-13 or something.

Livinginthe past
02-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Quick someone put it on Madden and see how it plays out!

NM

marksashton
02-05-2006, 04:51 PM

Six game win streak is impressive - especially if it includes three playoff wins. The Seahawks have a pretty good streak going too. They've won 13 of the last 14 games they played and the one loss in that stretch was the last game of the season when they rested the team gainst Green Bay. Had that game been a need to win they would have won it. Suffice it to say that both teams have been good of late.