PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 3-Round Mock Draft

khorton9986
03-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I saw this mock today, http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2133, and I'd be fine with Wilson although I'd obviously prefer Haden, but I'm not a fan of either lineman in the second or third round at all. I actually like some of the alternatives it lists over the actual picks lol.

GrizzlyDean
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM
I still think we should Trade back and take Pouncey. He can help us at guard next year and then move in and be our center for the next 10 years.

groundhogday
03-24-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm starting to think we'll trade up for Haden or Thomas but we could sit and take an OL like Iupati or Pouncy at 18 and then go Defense in the 2nd (DB preferred) if we go OL in 1.

7willBheaven
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I wouldnt mind this draft...though I'm not familiar with the 2nd round pick.

Aussie_steeler
03-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Of all the players offered up on that platter I would only have a problem with Mount Cody in the first. The rest I dont mind, but probably not in the order offered .

Arthur Jones DE is first round talent that will be available in the middle rounds due to injury. He reminds me of one ZIggy Hood. I would love to see him land in Pittsburgh

Galax Steeler
03-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Of all the players offered up on that platter I would only have a problem with Mount Cody in the first. The rest I dont mind, but probably not in the order offered .

That is the way I feel about it I do not want us to draft Cody in the first. There is alot better talent then him in the first.

Steeldude
03-25-2010, 05:29 AM
the article partly blames the loss of mcfadden as the reason for the steelers pass defense...lmao. clueless.

does the author realize mcfadden was statistically the 2nd most burned CB in the nfl? the steelers taylor was first.

pete74
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
if we trade up i hope it for a LT so we can move starks to the right and colon back to RG

jollyrob68
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I dont want ducasse, I want pouncey in the 1st if not then grab a center in the 5th because whats the point. Get the best when he's there or your just doing the same BS as always. Pouncey in 1st, 2nd CB,3rd LB, 4th Fs/SS.

I think we can trade back and pick up an additional 2nd then I would but you cant go back too far.

khorton9986
03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I dont want ducasse, I want pouncey in the 1st if not then grab a center in the 5th because whats the point. Get the best when he's there or your just doing the same BS as always. Pouncey in 1st, 2nd CB,3rd LB, 4th Fs/SS.

I think we can trade back and pick up an additional 2nd then I would but you cant go back too far.

I wouldn't mind Pouncey either, but I just feel like 18 is too high for an interior lineman

steelerdave1969
03-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Anyone that paid any attention to the Senior Bowl could see that Kyle Wilson is gonna be a very good Corner at the NFL level in my opinion. I would love the pick. If they dont go DB 1st then I sure hope its Offensive Line.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Anyone that paid any attention to the Senior Bowl could see that Kyle Wilson is gonna be a very good Corner at the NFL level in my opinion. I would love the pick. If they dont go DB 1st then I sure hope its Offensive Line.

I love Kyle Wilson.

Eventually he will be a very good CB, but I think there are legitimate reasons to guestion his run support at this point. That being said...I have been saying since last November that Wilson would work his way into the first round.

I still rate the CB's as:

1) Joe Haden
2) Earl Thomas (moves ahead of McCourty due to versatility as a FS/CB)
3) Devin McCourty
4) Kyle Wilson
5) tie....Patrick Robinson/Kareem Jackson

pete74
03-28-2010, 06:07 AM
i like wilson better then Haden. i think wilson is the best corner in the draft. thomas has question marks at corner because he hasnt played it as much. if thomas could play corner then i would definatly take him 1st, let him play corner for a year or 2 then move him to saftey

Galax Steeler
03-28-2010, 06:32 AM
i like wilson better then Haden. i think wilson is the best corner in the draft. thomas has question marks at corner because he hasnt played it as much. if thomas could play corner then i would definatly take him 1st, let him play corner for a year or 2 then move him to saftey

Say if they put Thomas at the corner position for a couple of years and he turned into a shutdown corner would you still move him to the safety position.

pete74
03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Say if they put Thomas at the corner position for a couple of years and he turned into a shutdown corner would you still move him to the safety position.

he11 no. if he was a shutdown corner i would be happy as he11 and leave him were he plays best. i just love the idea of having thomas and troy in the back though. that would give us the best db's in the nfl