PDA

View Full Version : WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
03-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I am starting my official Draft Tebow Thread.

Haters, stay out, I get all the reasons you don't want him on the team. I am stating my case for why I DO want him on the Steelers.

First. I'm not talking in the first round, because no one is going to take the chance on this guy in the first round, not even the Jags who would do it to sell tickets. I'm talking maybe a trade for an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick and we grab Tebow. I'm also not talking as the Starter of the future, I'm talking as a roll player.

First Reason
3rd and Short. Hot dammmm I'm tired of not getting a 3rd and Short. With Tebow, our conversion rate on 3rd and Short would skyrocket. The Kid can get 1 yard against almost anyone at anytime. He's just built to do it. Snap to Him, he goes forward, First Down, Almost every freaking time. And I hated it when I saw it in Florida, because everyone knew it was coming, and no one could stop it from happening. 3rd and Short Solved.

2nd Reason
The Community. No one can say Tebow would not help our Current Image Problems. The guy is a freaking SQUARE, and I love it. He is totally clean and honest and a really good person in his heart. Its great. Sure he's a little preachy at times, but oh well, it is what it is, and we could use a good ambassedor right now for our organization. Plus, he would help to deflect away from any negative press we currently have. And I bet Tim Tebow and Troy P would get along swimmingly in the locker room.

3rd Reason
The Kid wins. He just does. Sure, he didn't win the SEC Title this year, but look at his record as a starter in College. Its ridiculous, he has like 5 losses in 3 years, and most of us could probably recite them all cause they were huge games. Michigan bowl game, the game against bama, this past year, the game against Ole Miss where he came out with his "no one will work harder" speech. And the kid does work hard, he studies the films, he's teachable, he's a team player and can give a swift kick in the butt if a guy needs it. I bet he'd be willing to take any role he was asked to play too. "Tim, go cover this punt would ya" "Yes Sir Coach Tomlin"

4th Reason
I don't want him on the other team! Think about it. We can barely defend or can't defense Freaking Josh Cribbs yet now some other team is gonna line up Tim Freaking Tebow in a Wild Cat against us? Heck no thanks! I'd rather he be on my roster, than have to worry about another team sneaking him onto the field in a critical 3rd and Short and seeing him take the snap and dive straight ahead between center and guard and getting the freaking first down...cause he will...he always does. I'd rather we get the positive press a guy like Tebow would bring than some other team like the Pats, or the Cowboys, or the Redskins, or the Jaguars, I want that press, I want that love!

5th Reason
Because of the Hate. Yes, its clear, so many people hate this guy, and that right there has pushed me to like him more and more. I'd buy his freaking jersey, guess what, I'd wear it before Ben's to the office these days, that's for sure. I'd wear it and when anyone said anything I'd just smile and call them a Hater. Sorry you hate fool, Sorry you didn't draft him hater! Ha ha! You'll hate him even more when he gets that 1 yard against your team on a 3rd and 1, HA HA!

Anyway, I'm sure this post will get bombed with negative comments, whatever, I really just want to see if I'm the only one that thinks, "hey, you know what, Tebow could actually work for the Steelers."

Enjoy folks.

NEPAsteeler
03-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Very valid reasons!

Pittsky
03-24-2010, 06:48 PM
:popcorn:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-24-2010, 09:47 PM
What position would he play???

TE. H-Back, LB....because as an NFL QB he isnt any better than Dixon. I say give him a clipboard and send him into the community to be the Dudley Do Right of the team. :thumbsup:

NJarhead
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I really don't want to spend a draft pick on him. In the off chance that the Ravens drafted him and asked us to take him for say, William Gay I'd be all over it. lol.

Not sure if we're talking QB's or not but for the record, I'd rather take a chance on Colt McCoy.

Sorry Dino, I'm usually in agreement with you.

:drink:

Dino 6 Rings
03-25-2010, 12:48 PM

TE. H-Back, LB....because as an NFL QB he isnt any better than Dixon. I say give him a clipboard and send him into the community to be the Dudley Do Right of the team. :thumbsup:

Well, TE or H back might not be so bad. He could Block, or go out for passes, or mostly come in on 3rd and Short and get us that 1 yard 90% of the time. We could also change things up once in a while, put him and Dixon back there with Mendy, all guys that know the spread option offense and have a real fun play or two during a game. Just an idea.

I think he'd be great in the Black and Gold.

Do I think he'd be the future QB, heck no, not at all, but he'd be a good kid in the locker room, great when it came to game planning because he's a film hound by all reports, he'd be willing to run the "wildcat" in practice against us so we can work on stopping it. He's a total development project from the QB stand point, so that's not why I'd want him. But more for the fact he's one hell of a Football Player.

steeldawg
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

We can use him to lead the team in prayer before each game. But I think thats about it. :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
We can use him to lead the team in prayer before each game. But I think thats about it. :thumbsup:

This team might need a little prayer or two after the last couple off seasons we've been going through.

Plus, he could pray over Troy's knee.

And pray for holding calls on the OTs blocking Silverback.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd rather just take a Rhodes Scholar like Rolle instead.....if we are gonna draft guys based on intangibles like character instead of their ability to perform on the field.

AllD
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
He can compete with the tall guy for back up TE. We will be set with QBs if we trade for Mark Bulger.

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 04:36 PM
i think this is a moot point anyways because the patriots will select him with one of their eight 2nd round picks, so belichick can teach him to do nothing but drop kick fg attempts through the uprights.

Dino 6 Rings
03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd rather just take a Rhodes Scholar like Rolle instead.....if we are gonna draft guys based on intangibles like character instead of their ability to perform on the field.

No way we get Rolle, never happen.

Dino 6 Rings
03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
i think this is a moot point anyways because the patriots will select him with one of their eight 2nd round picks, so belichick can teach him to do nothing but drop kick fg attempts through the uprights.

Thats kind of funny!

St33lersguy
03-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I respect your arguement but, only 2 of them have anything to do with winning (one which would be solved if we actually used Mendenhall as much as we should). We also have a leader in Big Ben already & I really don't think he pans out well as an NFL QB.

stlrtruck
03-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Not bad points Dino, I too like Tebow. While I question whether or not he'll transition well to a NFL QB, I do not question the intangibles that he'll bring to the team. Those things alone could be the difference in sustaining a season when things get tough.

Corey120120
03-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I want him too!

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Hey, if we are just looking for somebody to be a positive impact on the team......Godfather had a great suggestion. Bring back John Kuhn !!!! Not a better human being on the planet and he can play FB. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 12:48 AM
but john kuhn is not a virgin. :noidea:

Borski
03-29-2010, 01:41 AM
I like Tebow and think, contrary to many peoples beliefs, that he will do well in the NFL. However right now We have Big Ben who is a great fit for the physicality our team needs in a QB but we also have Dennis Dixon who I though could turn out to be a star in his own right if anything where to happen to Ben. I don't see a place for Tebow, I think he'd much rather go to a place where he can compete for a starting role fairly soon.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2010, 10:51 AM

How can you be sure???

I believe if Kuhn does have children that it was "immaculate conception". John Kuhn is a saint and Tebow is just a wannabe Kuhn. :hatsoff:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM

Of course not!!!! How soon everyone forgets!!!

Ode to John Kuhn

500 lbs and 10 feet tall
The greatest sports figure of them all

He can hold 5 footballs in one hand
He had all the Dallas Cheerleaders...in a one night stand
His shadow once won a beauty prize
His McFarland figure...... is life-size

He once threw a touchdown...to himself
He has a steel-rebar reinforced trophy shelf.

He can change the orbit of the Moon
Hes Kuhn...John Kuhn.

A paragon..a record slayer
Admitted to the Hall of Fame while still a player.

Not sure if its true, but it's been told
his tears can cure the common cold.

So cool he sweats in cubes of ice,
He has counted to infinity.........twice.

His eyebrows are registered weapons...I'm sure
that Chuck Norris even calls him "Sir"

This ode is finished much to soon
for Kuhn....John Kuhn.

-Elizabeth Barrett Lambert

revefsreleets
03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Lots of good and compelling reasons...however, what if this guy pulls a "Marinovich", and goes crazy once he's loaded up with little or no supervision and gobs of cash?

I think this is like the Preachers daughter syndrome, and Tim is headed for a major fall. Then we'd be stuck with a guy who HAD a squeaky clean image, went bad, and still really can't play QB in the NFL.

Just, you know, sayin......

wdsteel
04-02-2010, 02:32 AM
we could trade him to eagles next year for a 2..they need another QB prob :) but i like him as # 3 for us when batch hangs it up.if hes still around in 4th

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Not sure if anyone saw the Gruden with Tebow segment on ESPN this morning but listening to Tebow talk sparks a new found interest in him being on the Steelers. While we still have Ben and I'm not looking to supplant him anytime soon, Tebow brings to the table a certain work ethic, determination, and drive that you don't see in a lot of athletes today. It's not something that can be taught, it's not something that can be learned, it's something you've got or don't (and I will say now that it probably comes in varying levels but I would say Tebow's is at the top of the list).

What I saw and heard from Tebow wasn't about money, wasn't about being better than any one of the othe 52 men on the roster. It was about TEAM, it was about WINNING, and tell me - who wouldn't want more of that?

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 01:00 PM
So...um...we should reach for a FB/Hback in probably the second round on a team that doesn't really utilize a FB just because he's a really super swell guy?

I think we'd be better off finding a FA and paying him league minimum if we seek these kind of intangibles rather than vastly overpaying for a QB who can't really pay QB and wasting a top draft choice in the process.

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
So...um...we should reach for a FB/Hback in probably the second round on a team that doesn't really utilize a FB just because he's a really super swell guy?

I think we'd be better off finding a FA and paying him league minimum if we seek these kind of intangibles rather than vastly overpaying for a QB who can't really pay QB and wasting a top draft choice in the process.

First of all I never said take him in the first round, I never said reach for him to be a FB/H-Back. But you keep reaching for those made up comments.

I believe he has what it takes to be an NFL QB, and one that can LEAD a team, any team. And not because he's a 'Super Swell Guy' as you put it.

I believe Tim Tebow has the athleticism and ability to play QB in the NFL and I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Steeler QB down the road, but that's just my feelings on the kid.

I'm not sorry that you don't like my opinions or Tim Tebow.

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Or, better yet, we can hire Rudy Rudiger to come in as an inspirational speaker. He'll be cheaper, won't cost a draft pick, and harbors no illusions about his own (in)ability to play NFL QB.

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Or, better yet, we can hire Rudy Rudiger to come in as an inspirational speaker. He'll be cheaper, won't cost a draft pick, and harbors no illusions about his own (in)ability to play NFL QB.

Yeah because the Steelers have never had a draft pick not work out for them have they? Maybe the Steelers should only select a player in the first 4 rounds because no one ever makes the team past that. And last time I checked, Tebow wasn't all high and mighty about his abilities.

The kid is athletic, has a great work ethic, and is coachable. You think he won't do good, and I think he'll be better than what a lot of people think. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Or, we could hire cheerleaders. They are athletic and coachable as well. Some of them are pretty good character kids, I would imagine. Once again, they aren't really going to see the field either, but we save the cash and the 2nd round draft pick.

None of this has anything to do with the fact that you both share the same religion, does it?

Sharkissle29
04-14-2010, 03:44 PM
I dont understand your argument that he is a winner.

That was playing QB in college. He wont be a QB in the pros making him WAY less of a factor to win a game.

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Or, we could hire cheerleaders. They are athletic and coachable as well. Some of them are pretty good character kids, I would imagine. Once again, they aren't really going to see the field either, but we save the cash and the 2nd round draft pick.

None of this has anything to do with the fact that you both share the same religion, does it?

WOWSERS! Talk about a stretch of the imagination. So let me get this straight. You think because he's a Christian and I'm a Christian that I think we should pick him up in the draft? :rofl: :rofl:

Well if you go with that philosophy then a few years ago I should have been cheering for Kurt Warner because he's a Christian too. :rofl: :toofunny:

Oh, I can't stop laughing at this stretch. Thanks for the laugh revs. This is the best comedy I've read all day.

Ok, now that I've stopped chuckling at your non-sense response I'll see if I can at least respond to it.

One, cheerleaders, while athletic are a nuisance to the game. I don't enjoy them during time outs or any other time.

Two, Tebow's faith has nothing do with me having him on my wishlist of players I hope the Steelers take this draft class.

Three, it is the other things that I've seen in Tebow that have him on my wishlist. The same list that you continue to down play on him (maybe because he's a devout Christian).

Four, I never said pick him up in the 2nd round either. But again, that's you reading something in my post that isn't there.

Five, if it were me leading the FO I would make an attempt to get him late third, early fourth. Yes I believe that would be a good place for him to go and I do think that he could become a leader, a QB of the future for the Steelers.

Again, we can agree to disagree, but please if you're going to use your imagination - please, PLEASE, use it a lot better than claiming my relationship with Christ has anything to do with players I want to see play for the Steelers. :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny: :toofunny:

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
It's really not that much of a reach, actually...in fact, it's very close in keeping with the spirit of the OP. "Draft Tebow because he's a good Christian kid with character...maybe we can teach him how to play QB in 5 years or something".

He who doth protest too much...

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 04:01 PM
It's really not that much of a reach, actually...in fact, it's very close in keeping with the spirit of the OP. "Draft Tebow because he's a good Christian kid with character...maybe we can teach him how to play QB in 5 years or something".

He who doth protest too much...

Must be blind, didn't see any mention in the OP about him being Christian. Saw where Tebow was called 'square' but no mention of being Christian.

Hmmm :noidea:

Protest? So let me get this straight (again). Because I told you that your assumption of why I want Tebow on team is DEAD WRONG, now I'm protesting? Wow Rev, I am impressed at the length of your imagination but severely disappointed at it's depth.

Is it just difficult for you to agree to disagree? Or is it in you that you think you're going to win every discussion by picking random thoughts out of the air (oh look, there goes another one)?

revefsreleets
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I can no longer debate...you think humans rode dinosaurs and that Noah's Arc was 100% factual. I'm SURE you think that Jesus will perform yet another miracle and make Tebow a great NFL QB.

I know differently...

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I can no longer debate...you think humans rode dinosaurs and that Noah's Arc was 100% factual. I'm SURE you think that Jesus will perform yet another miracle and make Tebow a great NFL QB.

I know differently...

:toofunny:

So you know 100% of the bible is not factual?
You know that science has it all correct?
And you know that Tim Tebow can't play QB in the NFL?

Do you have a time machine?

And you probably never should have entered the debate if your only foundation was trying to associate my liking to Tebow based on a relationship I have with Christ. :doh:

:wave:

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I dont understand your argument that he is a winner.

That was playing QB in college. He wont be a QB in the pros making him WAY less of a factor to win a game.

What makes you think he won't be a QB in the pros?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-14-2010, 04:22 PM
When you talk about image...Remember, ben came into the leage getting fined each game becaause he had PFJ (;play for jesus) written on his shoes/uniforms/wherever...fame and fortune go to your head

stlrtruck
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
When you talk about image...Remember, ben came into the leage getting fined each game becaause he had PFJ (;play for jesus) written on his shoes/uniforms/wherever...fame and fortune go to your head

This is true. And while currently Tebow has that 'square' image one does never know what a lucrative contract would do him.

Psyychoward86
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Enough with the religion crap. Back on topic?

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Enough with the religion crap. Back on topic?

Okay, back on topic...shouldn't this thread be in the STEELERS Draft section ? And not the " General " NFL Drfat section ?

I'm just saying.:hatsoff:

supa_fly_steeler
04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Okay, back on topic...shouldn't this thread be in the STEELERS Draft section ? And not the " General " NFL Drfat section ?

I'm just saying.:hatsoff:

No it shouldn't because he's saying why i want tebow, not why the team would want tebow

a great article, i too am growing on tebow.

revefsreleets
04-16-2010, 12:36 PM
He's a poor man's Dan LeFevour...

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
He's a poor man's Dan LeFevour...

:toofunny: I thought Dan LeFavour was the poor man's Dan LeFavour.

revefsreleets
04-16-2010, 02:58 PM
:toofunny: I thought Dan LeFavour was the poor man's Dan LeFavour.
LeFevour is a better runner, and he can actually throw a football.

wdsteel
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv3UpcZRlWU&feature=related

St33lersguy
04-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Does anyone seriously want Tebow, he is a system QB who can't throw the football and who's arm windup will lead to many fumbles in the pros

revefsreleets
04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv3UpcZRlWU&feature=related

Yes...that's impressive. A FB running over a safety. Which proves my point. Lefevour would have either found the open receiver, or put a juke on Berry.

If you watch the second TD here, you see what a QB does when he feels a little pressure on the waggle...instead of how a FB playing QB responds.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4669435&categoryid=null

stlrtruck
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Does anyone seriously want Tebow, he is a system QB who can't throw the football and who's arm windup will lead to many fumbles in the pros

And he's also been working on that windup. He's worked with coaches to help him with his stance, foot work, holding the ball, and quicker release.

If Gruden said, "I like you, you're very coachable!"

While I understand that most don't like him and some loathe him, I think that Tebow has a lot of upswing and potential to play QB in the league and I think he'll be a good one at that.

If you watch the second TD here, you see what a QB does when he feels a little pressure on the waggle...instead of how a FB playing QB responds.

And how many times have we seen Big Ben run over a player? But that's different because?

Dino 6 Rings
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
I enjoyed watching the Gruden coaching segment with Tebow.

Still want the kid, on 3rd and inches, line up and take the ball and go forward. Would be better in the long run for the Starting QB Ben, to have some young dumb kid come in and take the QB sneak ball up the gut and get his head bashed in. Then put Ben back in, let Tebow rest up for the next 3rd and short. Then, if he's practice enough, do his jump pass thing and burn the defense deep.

Oh, Revs, I'm not a Christian, and I still like Tebow.

revefsreleets
04-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I enjoyed watching the Gruden coaching segment with Tebow.

Still want the kid, on 3rd and inches, line up and take the ball and go forward. Would be better in the long run for the Starting QB Ben, to have some young dumb kid come in and take the QB sneak ball up the gut and get his head bashed in. Then put Ben back in, let Tebow rest up for the next 3rd and short. Then, if he's practice enough, do his jump pass thing and burn the defense deep.

Oh, Revs, I'm not a Christian, and I still like Tebow.

I'm not a Christian, and I like Tebow, too.

In the 3rd round.

As a FB/H-back/utility guy. I don't have a problem using him as a battering ram, either. Just don't want that guy throwing any meaningful passes more than 10 times a season.

Dino 6 Rings
04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm not a Christian, and I like Tebow, too.

In the 3rd round.

As a FB/H-back/utility guy. I don't have a problem using him as a battering ram, either. Just don't want that guy throwing any meaningful passes more than 10 times a season.

Then we pretty much agree. I don't want to use the 1st pick on him, but maybe deeper in the second if he's around. Sure, why not, it isn't like 2nd round picks always turn into super stars. Woodley Sure did, but really, not so much. So take a shot on him, it'll be fun and exciting!

revefsreleets
04-20-2010, 03:19 PM
2 is too high. He's not going to have much value outside of short or goal downs. I'd rather have Gerhart, who will be a serviceable NFL RB.

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2010, 08:59 AM
2 is too high. He's not going to have much value outside of short or goal downs. I'd rather have Gerhart, who will be a serviceable NFL RB.

DANG BRONCOS!!!

Now we'll have to watch them get 1st downs on every single 3rd and short they face in the future for the next 10 years or so with Tebow diving up the middle.

kind of a high pick for that, which is why I leaned toward the 2nd round, late 2nd round.

Now, GET ME GERHART!!!!

revefsreleets
04-23-2010, 09:45 AM
If that's all you want, Gerhart is even better in the 3rd or 4th. Just don't ask him to turn corners or makes cuts...North/South is his thang....

Dino 6 Rings
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
If that's all you want, Gerhart is even better in the 3rd or 4th. Just don't ask him to turn corners or makes cuts...North/South is his thang....

that's all I wanted Tebow for...north/south short yardage plays. That's it.

We got Mendy to carry the load. Summers might turn into that guy, but Gerhart would be a nice addition to the stable for sure.

Of coarse, Redzone Redman will probably get another shot. HA!

Edman
04-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Jason Worilds.

Bruce Davis II.

Dino 6 Rings
04-24-2010, 01:58 PM
if he can tackle on kickoffs and punts, he's worth the pick. So tired of missing tackles on special teams.

MattsMe
04-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Interesting article:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html

I'm still not totally convinced he'll make it in the NFL, but this certainly opened my eyes.

revefsreleets
04-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Cold Hard Facts also published a statistical breakdown filled with facts and figures detailing why Cowher would NEVER win a Super Bowl in 2005...the same year Cowher, um........................won a Super Bowl.

What they SHOULD have posted up was Tebow's stats compared to guys like Graham Harrell or Colt Brennan...other great College QB's who failed at the next level.

Anyway, other than carrying a clipboard for the Steelers, Tebow would have only otherwise been good at the Goalline. I'd rather have Jonathon Dwyer, thank you.

fansince'76
04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Cold Hard Facts also published a statistical breakdown filled with facts and figures detailing why Cowher would NEVER win a Super Bowl in 2005...the same year Cowher, um........................won a Super Bowl.

Without even looking at it, I can probably take a pretty accurate stab at the content - an article full of cherry-picked statistics attempting to validate the gigantic reach for Tebow by McDaniels, and by extension, to validate the "genius" of Belichick (AKA The Bestest, Most Wonderfulest Coach In The History Of The Universe), with a few gratuitous potshots at Peyton Manning sprinkled in for good measure? :coffee:

MattsMe
04-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Without even looking at it, I can probably take a pretty accurate stab at the content - an article full of cherry-picked statistics attempting to validate the gigantic reach for Tebow by McDaniels, and by extension, to validate the "genius" of Belichick (AKA The Bestest, Most Wonderfulest Coach In The History Of The Universe), with a few gratuitous potshots at Peyton Manning sprinkled in for good measure? :coffee:

:chuckle: Close.

Hey I just thought it was interesting. If I had to put money on it I'd still say the guy's a bust. But you never know.

MattsMe
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Cold Hard Facts also published a statistical breakdown filled with facts and figures detailing why Cowher would NEVER win a Super Bowl in 2005...the same year Cowher, um........................won a Super Bowl

Funny, I read that article, and I never saw that part. I also read the article showing how Cowher changed his ways in order to finally win the Super Bowl.

:noidea:

revefsreleets
04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
The article was posted here long BEFORE the Super Bowl. It was very clear. Cowher would never win because the CHF site statistically proved it. Cowher did NOT change his ways to win the SB, but I'm not surprised at all that CHF dabbled in some revisionist history and heavy redacting of it's own earlier garbage to cover up the discrepancies.

I'm sticking to my guns. They should have posted stats of all the greatest COLLEGE QB's who busted out in the NFL to compare and contrast with Tebow.

steeldawg
04-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Who would of thought in one year we have seen a Qb suspended for 6 games for bad behavior and a Qb drafted in the first round on character alone. Whats next are going to change the mvp award to the "Best Behaved Award"?

stlrtruck
04-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Who would of thought in one year we have seen a Qb suspended for 6 games for bad behavior and a Qb drafted in the first round on character alone. Whats next are going to change the mvp award to the "Best Behaved Award"?

No, you can't change the MVP award because then Brady, Manning, and Farve won't get another trophy while in the league.

They'll just add a new trophy. They might as well just call it the "Tebow Award". Howe funny is that going to sound? And the winner of the Tebow Award goes to Tim Tebow!

revefsreleets
04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Speaking of, how odd is it that Ben was suspended for this, yet an admitted drug addict who was arrested multiple times for cocaine possession, was recently involved in a hit/skip in Florida when he was clearly trashed, drove away with 3 flats and no brakes and was not charged (Lawrence Taylor) is still in the NFL Hall of Fame? That's the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE HOF. The same NFL handing out the suspension.

Don't even get me started on OJ not being stripped of his membership.

stlrtruck
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Speaking of, how odd is it that Ben was suspended for this, yet an admitted drug addict who was arrested multiple times for cocaine possession, was recently involved in a hit/skip in Florida when he was clearly trashed, drove away with 3 flats and no brakes and was not charged (Lawrence Taylor) is still in the NFL Hall of Fame? That's the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE HOF. The same NFL handing out the suspension.

Don't even get me started on OJ not being stripped of his membership.

Different Time
Different Commissioner
Different League

revefsreleets
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Different Time
Different Commissioner
Different League

These two are STILL in the HOF. Not stripped. That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

Here's Frank Deford chiming in:

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger apologized Monday for his behavior last month in a Georgia bar, where he was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old girl.
The apology came after the football star was cleared of all charges in the case, and followed a National Football League suspension taking him out of the first six games next season.
But at a certain point, don't you just stop caring whether our athletes who for some reason or other are always called "role models" don't you just stop caring whether they behave?
Don't you just want to say, "Let the thugs play"?
OK, if they violate the statute law, fine, put them in the hoosegow. But really, otherwise, why are we expending so much angst worrying about the character of our well-muscled celebrities?
I mean, it is hopelessly apparent that Roethlisberger is a perfectly dreadful person, prone to reprehensible behavior whenever he is let loose from the sanctioned violence of the gridiron. As Knute Rockne said many years ago: "The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb. To be a back, you only have to be dumb."
To what earthly benefit is it to suspend Roethlisberger? Does it teach little, impressionable children a lesson? Is it going to make other football players pause and think about being a role model late at night when they are on the cusp of committing mayhem? I mean, let's give Roethlisberger credit. At least he wasn't packing a firearm like so many of his athletic brethren do when they are out taking the air these evenings.
No doubt his enforced vacation will hurt the Pittsburgh Steelers, but then, somebody has to lose, so it will help some other team. The NFL will not be affected a whit, except in the sanctimonious sense that it can pat itself on the back for standing foursquare in support of goodness.
What always confounds me is the premise that Commissioner Roger Goodell cited as do the other so-called czars of sport that their players "have to be held to a higher standard."
But why? Why, pray, of all people, are athletes, pretty much alone in our society, expected to be sweeter than the average angel? It is politicians and clergy and those maestros of finance on Wall Street who ought to be held to a higher standard. Why aren't they ever called "role models?" Why can't some tearful little impressionable tyke sob, "Say it ain't so, Goldman Sachs, say it ain't so" and thus change the pecking order in our cultural mythology?
And speaking of role models, it's nice to know that Tiger Woods has issued another sincere apology, so bummed out, as he is, that he was surly and graceless and cursed on the course at the 2010 Masters golf tournament, all the little nasties he'd assured us he was going to take care of in prior sincere apologies. Perhaps Roethlisberger can join Tiger in his mystery rehabilitation.
So let me close this jeremiad by showing how we can get around this emotional dilemma: We simply acknowledge that not all role models have to be positive. After all, by definition, the term just means modeling a role, exemplifying a position. Dracula, for example was there ever a better role model for nefarious behavior? No.
So once we understand that and accept that all our athletes are role models, we can stop fretting and get back to the games.

Dino 6 Rings
04-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Fastest Selling Rookie Jersey of ALL TIME

Tebow

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/blogs

stlrtruck
04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Fastest Selling Rookie Jersey of ALL TIME

Tebow

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/blogs

And I still believe he'll be a starting QB, maybe not this year, but in the next two. Especially with his work ethic.

revefsreleets
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
You can proudly hang that Tebow jersey in your closet next to the Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith jerseys.

stlrtruck
04-28-2010, 02:35 PM
You can proudly hang that Tebow jersey in your closet next to the Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith jerseys.

Sorry but don't have non-Steelers jerseys in my closet. Never have, never will - don't care who the player is.

I guess you'll be gearing up with your Ted Ginn Jr jersey this year too?

I really can't wait for the moment Tebow shows he can play QB and you'll have a nice cooked crow.

revefsreleets
04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry but don't have non-Steelers jerseys in my closet. Never have, never will - don't care who the player is.

I really can't wait for the moment Tebow shows he can play QB and you'll have a nice cooked crow.

Sorry, but as far as the NFL is concerned, Ted Ginn has accomplished 10,000X more than Tebow at this point.

Graham Harrell vs Tim Tebow (To refute the CHF nonsense)

Tebow 661 of 985 67.1% 9286 yards 88 TD's 15 INT's 120.72 QBR
Harrell 1403 of 2010 69.8% 15,793 yards 134 TD's 34 INT's 150 QBR

Basically, Harrell was the far superior college QB in every way but as a runner. Harrell was released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders last week. That's the CFL.

Dino 6 Rings
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I have a PITT Throwback Jersey of Dan Marino in my closet...so...like...that's a non-steelers jersey I own...oh and my old highschool jersey...

Maybe I can get a Steelers Jersey #15 with Tebow on the back with the new "make it yourself" thing I see advertised on the NFL Website.

Yeah...that would be a hoot.

steeldawg
04-28-2010, 08:20 PM

i have not heard one nfl report talking about tebow's skills only his character, and lets face character doesnt win football games.

stlrtruck
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Sorry, but as far as the NFL is concerned, Ted Ginn has accomplished 10,000X more than Tebow at this point.

And that's why he'll be in the HOF after he retires :toofunny:
And after he's been trade bait another 10 times :thumbsup:

i have not heard one nfl report talking about tebow's skills only his character, and lets face character doesnt win football games.

I watched his meeting with Gruden on ESPN and Gruden was talking about his abilities. And while the majority of the sports media buried him on his lack of skills, the kid (imo), has the raw skills to play the position.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see if he beats out his competition in Denver before that happens.

revefsreleets
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Again, to clarify for those who can't think for themselves and believe garbage just because it was posted as truth by Tony.

I stated "We will still be talking about Ginn 10 years later". That was in early 2007. It's now early 2010, 3 years later, and, guess what?

We are still talking about Ted Ginn.

In 10 years, we will still be talking about Tebow...as right down there with Russel and Smith and Leaf as biggest all-time QB busts.

Speaking of, Colt Brennan Vs. Tim Tebow
Tebow 661 of 985 67.1% 9286 yards 88 TD's 15 INT's 120.72 QBR
Brennan 1115 of 1584 70.3% 14,193 yards 131 TD's 56 INT's about a 165 QBR

I'll give Brennan some credit, though...he's still in the league as like the Redskins 4th string QB.

Dino 6 Rings
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Its gonna be tough for him being a lefty too. Right? he's a lefty? changes up a lot on the oline when the QB faces the other way.

revefsreleets
05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm...reports out of Denver are that Tebow and Brady Quinn now pray together after practice. Does this somehow affect Jesus' decision to enact a miracle and make TT a true Pro QB?

stlrtruck
05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Hmmmm...reports out of Denver are that Tebow and Brady Quinn now pray together after practice. Does this somehow affect Jesus' decision to enact a miracle and make TT a true Pro QB?

Reaching again revs? For someone that has zero interest (supposedly) in this kid's future as a QB in the NFL you seem to be jocking him pretty hard this off-season.

Or are you just waiting for your next, "I told you he was a bust" moment?

Either way your inquisition against Tebow won't affect those of us who want to see him do well. But I guess to you if he doesn't put up Marino like numbers or win some SBs he'll be a bust! :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
05-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Again, to clarify for those who can't think for themselves and believe garbage just because it was posted as truth by Tony.

I stated "We will still be talking about Ginn 10 years later". That was in early 2007. It's now early 2010, 3 years later, and, guess what?

We are still talking about Ted Ginn.

In 10 years, we will still be talking about Tebow...as right down there with Russel and Smith and Leaf as biggest all-time QB busts.

.i knew it! every single post is dedicated to me, even in threads i dont even read or post in.

the "truth" will set you free. you might as well embrace it.

nobody likes a LIAR... not tim tebow, or your boy brady quinn, and especially not Jesus (not even the "kick ass Jesus who turned over the money changers tables at the temple" whom you profess to emmulate.) :rolleyes:

Oh boy...

Ted Ginn Jr.

Know the name. You'll be hearing a LOT of it for the next 15 years, and maybe for another 15 after that.

you mean to tell us what you were really saing is that we would be talking about him as the biggest WR bust? :toofunny:

Really no big break from my routine. I've hated all 3 of the "axis of evil" teams since I moved to Florida back in the early 90's.

Although, since the Steelers seem to think FSU is okay to draft from now, maybe they might be peeking out of my doghouse.

nice (but old) "routine", hater. :chuckle:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=572315

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I stand corrected...it was 15 years, not 10. Cool.

So? I hate Florida. Tebow is still garbage, bunker map....and talk about unhealthy obsessions! Do you keep a log of all my posts, stalker?

What a creeper!

stlrtruck
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM
I stand corrected...it was 15 years, not 10. Cool.

So? I hate Florida. Tebow is still garbage, bunker map....and talk about unhealthy obsessions! Do you keep a log of all my posts, stalker?

What a creeper!

Hating FL is one thing, but having an obsession of hate towards one person goes beyond. But hey what ever makes your boat float.

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Hating FL is one thing, but having an obsession of hate towards one person goes beyond. But hey what ever makes your boat float.

And whom is it exactly that I hate? Not Tebow...I think he's a fine young man. Just, unfortunately for him and many others, NOT an NFL-caliber QB. I dislike the Florida football programs because they spawn front-runnerism. People come from all over the Country and simply abandon their old teams and latch onto the Florida teams because they win. I despise that. When I lived in Florida, I followed the same teams I always have and always will, no matter where I might move to...

stlrtruck
05-19-2010, 01:36 PM
And whom is it exactly that I hate? Not Tebow...I think he's a fine young man. Just, unfortunately for him and many others, NOT an NFL-caliber QB. I dislike the Florida football programs because they spawn front-runnerism. People come from all over the Country and simply abandon their old teams and latch onto the Florida teams because they win. I despise that. When I lived in Florida, I followed the same teams I always have and always will, no matter where I might move to...

I forgot you are the guru on what makes an NFL caliber QB. And in your posts about Tebow it is evident, imo, that you do have a dislike - a strong dislike (that some would label as hate), for the man.

At least we can agree on the fact that I too despise when people switch teams simply based on location and/or winning games. While I do follow the gators program (because it's fun to poke fun at the seminole and hurricane fans), when it comes down to it, I'm blue and white JoePa all the way!

revefsreleets
05-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret. I don't particularly care for LeBron James as a person...but I think he may end up being the greatest player ever.

Shhhh.....don't let the braintrust know I said that.....

Dino 6 Rings
05-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Maybe he can play for the Pirates...apparently...the kid hit 12 home runs on 15 piches.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Holy-cow-Tim-Tebow-shows-his-power-stroke-in-ba?urn=mlb,240974

The man is Legend.

LOL!

stlrtruck
05-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Maybe he can play for the Pirates...apparently...the kid hit 12 home runs on 15 piches.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Holy-cow-Tim-Tebow-shows-his-power-stroke-in-ba?urn=mlb,240974

The man is Legend.

LOL!

That's an unfair statement, I could probably play for the Pirates :rofl: :toofunny: :chuckle: :flap:

steeldawg
05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I forgot you are the guru on what makes an NFL caliber QB. And in your posts about Tebow it is evident, imo, that you do have a dislike - a strong dislike (that some would label as hate), for the man.

At least we can agree on the fact that I too despise when people switch teams simply based on location and/or winning games. While I do follow the gators program (because it's fun to poke fun at the seminole and hurricane fans), when it comes down to it, I'm blue and white JoePa all the way!

What does tebow give you at the qb position to help a team win in the nfl. I live in florida and have had tebow rammed down my throat for years and I must tell you his skill set is mediocre at best . This was a Marketing move by denver plain and simple there is no chance he starts for that team, he will be great for selling jerseys. Please dont tell me wildcat Tebow does not have the speed or the quickness to run the wildcat in the nfl.

revefsreleets
05-20-2010, 09:24 AM
There's hope for Tebow yet...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-good-news-and-bad-news-of-Daunte-Culpepper-s?urn=nfl,242129

Culpepper headed to UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions...

stlrtruck
05-20-2010, 04:19 PM
What does tebow give you at the qb position to help a team win in the nfl. I live in florida and have had tebow rammed down my throat for years and I must tell you his skill set is mediocre at best . This was a Marketing move by denver plain and simple there is no chance he starts for that team, he will be great for selling jerseys. Please dont tell me wildcat Tebow does not have the speed or the quickness to run the wildcat in the nfl.

I too live in Florida and have heard the high and mighty praises of Tebow as a college athlete. So understand what you are saying. However, the difference being that I believe Tebow has the ability to learn and change his techniques in the areas in which "the professionals" thinks he lacks. Past that I see him being a locker room presence, a leader, and someone with a WILL DO ANYTHING TO WIN ATTITUDE. That presence is missing on a lot more teams than it is present on. I do think he'll be a quality QB in the NFL. I don't think he'll be used as a gimmick QB, but instead he'll be groomed and with the QBs on denver's roster, I find it plausible that he'll start - sooner rather than later. Those are just my opinions.

There's hope for Tebow yet...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-good-news-and-bad-news-of-Daunte-Culpepper-s?urn=nfl,242129

Culpepper headed to UFL's Sacramento Mountain Lions...

While I'm sure you dream of the day you'll be able to lash out at those of us who think he'll be a quality QB in the NFL, I don't Tebow heading to the UFL anytime soon.

I do think it would be funnier if in 5 years your boy Ginn ends up in Denver and Tebow actually makes him look like a quality WR :toofunny:

revefsreleets
05-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Hmmmm..."bu-bu-bu-Ginn"?

Gets old. And it was pretty weak the first 375 times to begin with...

This really isn't fair to Dante Culpepper. Unlike Tebow, DC had some good quality years as an NFL starter.

stlrtruck
05-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Hmmmm..."bu-bu-bu-Ginn"?

Gets old. And it was pretty weak the first 375 times to begin with...

This really isn't fair to Dante Culpepper. Unlike Tebow, DC had some good quality years as an NFL starter.

so is the bu-bu-bu-Limas, but hey if the guru gets to use it I guess it's okay.

And it's just as "unfair" to Tim Tebow because he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL and you've labeled him a bust. So a man who had his opportunity in the NFL, screwed himself out of opportunities is legit but a kid who hasn't even played one season doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt. :thumbsup: :noidea:

revefsreleets
05-21-2010, 02:03 PM
so is the bu-bu-bu-Limas, but hey if the guru gets to use it I guess it's okay.

And it's just as "unfair" to Tim Tebow because he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL and you've labeled him a bust. So a man who had his opportunity in the NFL, screwed himself out of opportunities is legit but a kid who hasn't even played one season doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt. :thumbsup: :noidea:

Huh?

Limas Sweed is a bust. It's actually old news that refuses to die. And at LEAST he's a Steeler! Ginn's fate is TBD. Ginn bashing is a sport on this board SOLELY because of the team he played for in college and my allegiance to that team. It's just more braintrust straw grasping bullshit...and every time you resort to it you lower yourself to their level.

stlrtruck
05-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Huh?

Limas Sweed is a bust. It's actually old news that refuses to die. And at LEAST he's a Steeler! Ginn's fate is TBD. Ginn bashing is a sport on this board SOLELY because of the team he played for in college and my allegiance to that team. It's just more braintrust straw grasping bullshit...and every time you resort to it you lower yourself to their level.

Come on revs, the everyone is against me card is old hat.

Ginn bashing isn't because of the team he played for in college. To try and ride that horse to the finish line is ridiculous. As much as you have determined Sweed a bust, Ginn has not proven himself worthy of the #9 pick in which he was taken. He certainly has not proven himself worthy of the dolphins trading Welker away the off-season before he was drafted.

And you still trusting that Ginn is some quality NFL WR shows that you have some man crush on him. And everytime you attempt to prove it, it's just another moment to laugh! :toofunny:

To bring this back on point, I guess you could compare other's hate for Ginn due to his collegiate days to your hate of Tebow because of his collegiate days. Because honestly, in all your rants against Tebow it seems you dislike him more because of where he went to school than because of what you see on the field.

revefsreleets
05-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Ginn is still in play. In case you haven't been paying attention, his trade value was equal to that of Santo's, so...um, yeah, even though there are mitigating circumstances, it's intellectual dishonesty to pretend that that the two are in ANY way related outside of a few people who are angry with me for pointing out their multiple errors, and those sour losers simply playing sour grapes because I have audacity to point out that they are frequently wrong.

Also, concerning his "discussion value", Bill Bates is still discussed, and ONLY as a Special teamer. So it's a little premature for the braintrust to dismiss Ginn 12 years early...and he COULD (unlike Limas Bust) end up being a serviceable #2 at WR.

Dino 6 Rings
05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Still the fastest selling rookie jersey of all time.

revefsreleets
05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Still the fastest selling rookie jersey of all time.

Yugo sold a lot of cars, too....

stlrtruck
05-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Ginn is still in play. In case you haven't been paying attention, his trade value was equal to that of Santo's, so...um, yeah, even though there are mitigating circumstances, it's intellectual dishonesty to pretend that that the two are in ANY way related outside of a few people who are angry with me for pointing out their multiple errors, and those sour losers simply playing sour grapes because I have audacity to point out that they are frequently wrong.

Also, concerning his "discussion value", Bill Bates is still discussed, and ONLY as a Special teamer. So it's a little premature for the braintrust to dismiss Ginn 12 years early...and he COULD (unlike Limas Bust) end up being a serviceable #2 at WR.

So let's see, you give a man who was a second round pick a higher standard than what you give the 9th pick overall. At least that's how it seems your showcasing it. His trade value was only equal to Santo's because of Santo's off field issues. Do you truly believe that Santo would have gone for a 5th rounder had he been clean and sober?

Ginn being a servicable #2 is laughable. The man is afraid to take a hit, the man is afraid to play the sport the way it's meant to be played. Then again if Goodell continues to diminish the rules to make it powder puff then I don't see any reason why Ginn won't make it as a HOF'er. But until the complete pansification of the league Ginn will be nothing more than a joke of a player who will only be used as a STer, and the occasionaly 3rd or 4th WR.

It is cute how you completely rule out Limas because of his first few years (and probably injury) as being a potential but your man love for Ginn still has him as serviceable.

Things that make you go hmmmm! :noidea:

revefsreleets
05-26-2010, 09:27 AM
So let's see, you give a man who was a second round pick a higher standard than what you give the 9th pick overall. At least that's how it seems your showcasing it. His trade value was only equal to Santo's because of Santo's off field issues. Do you truly believe that Santo would have gone for a 5th rounder had he been clean and sober?

Ginn being a servicable #2 is laughable. The man is afraid to take a hit, the man is afraid to play the sport the way it's meant to be played. Then again if Goodell continues to diminish the rules to make it powder puff then I don't see any reason why Ginn won't make it as a HOF'er. But until the complete pansification of the league Ginn will be nothing more than a joke of a player who will only be used as a STer, and the occasionaly 3rd or 4th WR.

It is cute how you completely rule out Limas because of his first few years (and probably injury) as being a potential but your man love for Ginn still has him as serviceable.

Things that make you go hmmmm! :noidea:

Dude, WTF? Have you let YOUR hatred of me and my posts blind you? First off, circumstances are EVERYTHING in this case! To ignore all the mitigating circumstances is ludicrous. Santo is a pothead, but Ginn is not, and, yes, that is part of the equation. Limas was NOT injured for his first two years, he's injured now. And, news flash, injuries are a big part of busts, look at Steve Emtman. If you want to play "what if" games you are more than welcome to, but i prefer to keep it apples to apples.

The fact remains, Ginn has played, has won games, has had productive games, and has contributed. Was he worth a 9 overall? HELL NO! But Limas Sweed is an absolute waste of a draft pick and a roster spot. Steely McBeem has contributed more, and still, for some unkinwn reason, the fans cling to some ridiculous notion that he can be redeemed. Why? And, you speak of hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is making these huge leaps of "logic" that Sweed will come back but Ginn is a waste. It's retarded....Ginn has had single quarters of one football game where he accomplished more than Sweed has in his whole NFL career!

The true beauty of all this is it reeks of desperation...I made it quite clear, and earlier than most, that Sweed was a bust. Certain third string posters here took umbrage and sat out on a quest to somehow, instead of facing that self-evident fact, diaparge and discredit me by linking my support for an alumnus of a team I follow to Sweed. By making that leap it's actually YOUR camp who makes the relation, NOT ME!

You guys need to grow up and stop this. Ginn is what he is, and he's not worth a 9th overall, but he's still playing and a has a future in the league. Sweed future is far murkier...stop trying to tie the two together simply because you don't like me calling you and yours out openly on this board.

stlrtruck
05-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Dude, WTF? Have you let YOUR hatred of me and my posts blind you? First off, circumstances are EVERYTHING in this case! To ignore all the mitigating circumstances is ludicrous. Santo is a pothead, but Ginn is not, and, yes, that is part of the equation. Limas was NOT injured for his first two years, he's injured now. And, news flash, injuries are a big part of busts, look at Steve Emtman. If you want to play "what if" games you are more than welcome to, but i prefer to keep it apples to apples.

The fact remains, Ginn has played, has won games, has had productive games, and has contributed. Was he worth a 9 overall? HELL NO! But Limas Sweed is an absolute waste of a draft pick and a roster spot. Steely McBeem has contributed more, and still, for some unkinwn reason, the fans cling to some ridiculous notion that he can be redeemed. Why? And, you speak of hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is making these huge leaps of "logic" that Sweed will come back but Ginn is a waste. It's retarded....Ginn has had single quarters of one football game where he accomplished more than Sweed has in his whole NFL career!

The true beauty of all this is it reeks of desperation...I made it quite clear, and earlier than most, that Sweed was a bust. Certain third string posters here took umbrage and sat out on a quest to somehow, instead of facing that self-evident fact, diaparge and discredit me by linking my support for an alumnus of a team I follow to Sweed. By making that leap it's actually YOUR camp who makes the relation, NOT ME!

You guys need to grow up and stop this. Ginn is what he is, and he's not worth a 9th overall, but he's still playing and a has a future in the league. Sweed future is far murkier...stop trying to tie the two together simply because you don't like me calling you and yours out openly on this board.

First of all DUDE, I don't hate you. I think your pompous, arrogant, and stubbornly opinionated to the point of humor. Other than that, you'r just some other person in cyber space that has no affect on my emotions.

Second if you want to compare apples to apples then maybe you should look at Ginn's production based on his position in the draft. IMO, he's a bust simply by the position he was picked and his lack of production for such a place - regardless of the fact that he wasn't worth a 2nd rounder, most people predicted him to be nothing more than a special teamer. You've listed his stats and you obviously feel they are impressive enough to warrant him a success story. Hell even Ryan Leaf had stats, even a few W's.

Hyprocisy is when you constantly show man-love for one and think he's still got this great potential while instantly washing one out (regardless of reason). Truth be told they both still have potential. Doesn't matter the circumstance, the only difference now is that Sweed has a tougher climb in front of him because of where he is at this moment.

If by chance he doesn't have another oppotunity to play, then he was nothing more than a wasted pick, like so many before him.

Yeah, you've called me out. OH NO, what am I to do (insert sarcasm smiley here)!? It's been apparent from day one that you have a man crush on Ginn and through that man crush you've also helped tie the two together.

For someone who thinks this should stop, you certainly have carried it forward just as everyone else. So if you don't want it to continue, then follow your own instructions - stop!

But I digress, this is suppose to be about Tebow. I wait for the day for Tebow to show everyone who projected him to be something else, that he can be a quality QB.

revefsreleets
05-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Ginn= Not worth #9 but has had some production.
Sweed= Not worth ANY draft spot and has done nothing.

Ginn: 128 catches for 1664 13 YPC 5TD’s
147 KR’s for 3886 23 Avg. 2 TD’s
36 Pr’s for 312 Yards 8.7 avg 1 TD

Sweed: 7 catches 69 yards 9.9 avg 0 TD’s
1 PR that he fumbled

That is all.

stlrtruck
05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Ginn= Not worth #9 but has had some production.
Sweed= Not worth ANY draft spot and has done nothing.

Ginn: 128 catches for 1664 13 YPC 5TDs
147 KRs for 3886 23 Avg. 2 TDs
36 Prs for 312 Yards 8.7 avg 1 TD

Sweed: 7 catches 69 yards 9.9 avg 0 TDs
1 PR that he fumbled

That is all.

And nothing in Ginn's stats scream success either. You should become a politician your ability to spin Ginn's stats to some attribution of success is astounding. From what I've read, you hold Sweed to a higher standard than you do Ginn as a top draft pick.

IMO, Ginn is just as worthless as you make Sweed out to be, but you see that's where I can agree to disagree. That is obviously something you've never learned to do.

But good luck with your delusion of superiorty. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
If you believe 5000 yards is every bit as good as 69 yards, and 8 TD's are as good as zero, then, yes, you are correct.

Ginn was overrated and has not lived up to his draft spot, but he shouldn't have been drafted that high to begin with. How that's his fault is anyone's guess, but when you braintrust guys get rolling...:yap:

Sweed is just a flat out bust, and continually diverting attention from it by attacking me does nothing to change the fact...but it's fun! I can keep this up for several seasons....

stlrtruck
05-26-2010, 03:16 PM
If you believe 5000 yards is every bit as good as 69 yards, and 8 TD's are as good as zero, then, yes, you are correct.

Ginn was overrated and has not lived up to his draft spot, but he shouldn't have been drafted that high to begin with. How that's his fault is anyone's guess, but when you braintrust guys get rolling...:yap:

Sweed is just a flat out bust, and continually diverting attention from it by attacking me does nothing to change the fact...but it's fun! I can keep this up for several seasons....

I don't think it's as good as Sweed's stats, but when the man was drafted in the top 10, he should have better stats and should have evolved in to a better WR.

And while it's not his fault he got drafted at #9, just as it's not Sweed's fault he had the injury he did coming out of camp. It happened, and while some here were hoping this would be his turning point, we'll never know...but when you guru guys get rolling....:yap:

And Ginn wasn't worth the 5th rounder he got traded for in this past draft. And constantly showing your man-love for him. And it's amazing that you want to throw out the "attacking me" battle cry, but yet fail to see that you have also been on the attack, but hey don't let that stop you from crying foul. :blah: :blah: :blah:

And I know you can keep it for seasons, I've seen your incessant rants for awhile now. I must say they're okay, they do pass the time when the workflow is slow. :toofunny:

revefsreleets
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't think it's as good as Sweed's stats, but when the man was drafted in the top 10, he should have better stats and should have evolved in to a better WR.

And while it's not his fault he got drafted at #9, just as it's not Sweed's fault he had the injury he did coming out of camp. It happened, and while some here were hoping this would be his turning point, we'll never know...but when you guru guys get rolling....:yap:

And Ginn wasn't worth the 5th rounder he got traded for in this past draft. And constantly showing your man-love for him. And it's amazing that you want to throw out the "attacking me" battle cry, but yet fail to see that you have also been on the attack, but hey don't let that stop you from crying foul. :blah: :blah: :blah:

And I know you can keep it for seasons, I've seen your incessant rants for awhile now. I must say they're okay, they do pass the time when the workflow is slow. :toofunny:

Sweed is a bust. Ginn is irrelevant, and was only brought up because some people got mad that I correctly labeled Sweed a bust. Ginn is a red herring...time to let it go, admit Sweed is a bust, and move along now...

Oh, and Tebow will be a bust at QB, too...since that IS the topic of this thread...

stlrtruck
05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Sweed is a bust. Ginn is irrelevant, and was only brought up because some people got mad that I correctly labeled Sweed a bust. Ginn is a red herring...time to let it go, admit Sweed is a bust, and move along now...

Oh, and Tebow will be a bust at QB, too...since that IS the topic of this thread...

OH SO SORRY MR. GURU, I shall follow your orders immediately and claim Sweed a bust and Ginn a fish, oh wait he was already a fish - now he's a gold digger out in SF. :doh: NOT ON YOUR FREAKIN' LIFE! will I conform to your thought process.

And I'm so glad you've got your crystal ball right next to you to pronounce Tebow a failure already without even having taken a snap outside of practice. Oh mighty GURU will you please enlighten me to the next set of winning numbers to the POWERBALL? :toofunny:

Since it's time to let it go will this be the last time we see you in this thread? Or does your intricate self desire to constantly prance about your self projected correctness make it impossible for you to "Let it go" until everyone else stops discussing their opinion and assimilates to yours? :rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
05-26-2010, 05:44 PM

well, I was hoping Sweed would turn it around and be successful, but the Texas things still bothers me, no one comes out of there the last 8 years or so and has great success at the NFL level. Totally broke it down and I'm sure you have both read that post, Willaims, Young, Huff, on and on.

Anyway, I think Tebow is different, because he is actually being challenged again to succeed. At Florida, by his Senior Year, he probably felt like Super Man, lost a bit of his edge, that's just a guess, but he seems to me to be the kind of kid that will work hard and get his butt on the field as a Football Player.

Do I think he'll be an NFL HOF QB. No I Don't. Do I think the kid is going to contribute on the field enough to garner a lot of respect and attention throughout his career, yes I do. I don't see Leaf or Sweed in him. I see an entirely different Football Player.

So hats off to Tebow, hope he does well. Still wish we could have drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round. Effing Broncos Suck!

stlrtruck
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
well, I was hoping Sweed would turn it around and be successful, but the Texas things still bothers me, no one comes out of there the last 8 years or so and has great success at the NFL level. Totally broke it down and I'm sure you have both read that post, Willaims, Young, Huff, on and on.

Anyway, I think Tebow is different, because he is actually being challenged again to succeed. At Florida, by his Senior Year, he probably felt like Super Man, lost a bit of his edge, that's just a guess, but he seems to me to be the kind of kid that will work hard and get his butt on the field as a Football Player.

Do I think he'll be an NFL HOF QB. No I Don't. Do I think the kid is going to contribute on the field enough to garner a lot of respect and attention throughout his career, yes I do. I don't see Leaf or Sweed in him. I see an entirely different Football Player.

So hats off to Tebow, hope he does well. Still wish we could have drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round. Effing Broncos Suck!

I hope he does well too. It'll be interesting to see how he's played in the pre-season. I believe his work ethic will be better than any of the QBs they have on roster so it will come down to his technique and ability to take what he learns in team meetings and apply it to the field.

Now, do the broncos suck just as much as the bungals or worse?

tony hipchest
05-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Sweed is a bust..and ginn is a bust.

accept it, get over it, and move on with your life.

hes sucking more dick out in frisco than a gay day parade.

plus your opinion isnt really worth more than a warm pot of piss anyways.

especially in this thread and on this topic. nobody gives a shit what you think of tebow or much of anything else.

Dino 6 Rings
05-28-2010, 01:24 PM
LMAO

Let the Venom Spew forth now that the site has gone to Hades.

Btw...I still Like Tebow.

tony hipchest
05-28-2010, 07:43 PM
WOOHOO.... we've gotten control of the asylum !!! :tt03:too bad revs is missing all the fun.

his June issue of Cat Fancy mustve come in.

:jerkit: :shower:

MasterOfPuppets
05-28-2010, 09:30 PM
too bad revs is missing all the fun.

his June issue of Cat Fancy mustve come in.

:jerkit: :shower:

oh i'd say he was here and hauled ass after he realized we could put the uncensored boots to him...:chuckle:

revefsreleets
05-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Has Revs surfaced as sreleetstenalp on the other site yet?

Hope this place is still unmoderated when I get back.

A few members will not be pleased to have me running loose on here...I'm already laughing at the rampant idiocy of the inmates, lunatics and half-witted dolts thinking it's somehow to MY advantage to have this place moderated...laughable simpletons...

MasterOfPuppets
05-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Hope this place is still unmoderated when I get back.

A few members will not be pleased to have me running loose on here...I'm already laughing at the rampant idiocy of the inmates, lunatics and half-witted dolts thinking it's somehow to MY advantage to have this place moderated...laughable simpletons...
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7549/big2934526.jpg (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/big2934526.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

revefsreleets
05-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Yaaaaaaaawnnn........

Dino 6 Rings
06-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Tebow is still pretty awesome.

7SteelGal43
06-01-2010, 11:09 AM
well, I see my comment to revs, what I've been wanting to say and get off my chest for a really long time has been deleted. d a m n !