PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bulger or Charlie Batch

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 07:41 PM
which hometown back-up would you prefer?

spare the dennis dixon talk.

assuming the same price and the same role, who would you want to step in and win a game (even a playoff game).

keep in mind a young bulger beat out kurt warner. a young batch couldnt even beat out mike mcmahon (or whichever obscure lion scrub assumed qb duties when batch was sent packing).

The Duke
03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Bulger's been taking beat downs for the last 3-4 years and has actually stayed on the field for most of it and his play hasn't been THAT bad, considering how untallented that rams team is

Batch comes in one drive last year and is out for weeks

I'll take bulger

btw, the rams would be smart to keep bulger to teach their qb of the future (locker?)

Chidi29
03-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Batch. Knows the offense and while frail, it isn't like he's going to come in every season and get hurt on the first play. Batch is a smarter QB, too.

Shoes
03-25-2010, 07:48 PM
I'd go with Bulger also. Chuck needs to get a Bone Density exam.

Prok
03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I picked Bulger as well. Who cares how much longer Batch has been in this offense? Bulger would be able to learn it in plenty of time.

Many ppl over-rate Batch imo. Plus his injury issues have pretty much soured me on him as backup.

I actually liked it when we had Leftwich backing Ben up.

:tt:

Psyychoward86
03-25-2010, 08:25 PM
They're both injury prone, no question, but i think he'd do a lot better in our system than the Rams pitiful excuse of an offense.

Is Bulger even a free agent?

Steely McSmash
03-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Bulger if he came at vet min.

Batch needs to hang up the cleats and run for mayor of West Mifflin.

KeiselPower99
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Bulger. At least he can take a hit.

casteeler
03-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Bulger is almost a senior citizen and Batch will always be just a guy who wears a headset and calls plays... Tom Brady( Mr fold-like-a-lawnchair under pressure)? None of the above!

Psyychoward86
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Bulger is almost a senior citizen and Batch will always be just a guy who wears a headset and calls plays... Tom Brady( Mr fold-like-a-lawnchair under pressure)? None of the above!

what, what, and WHAT?

steelreserve
03-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Well, you can't win a game from IR, so that rules out Batch. I went with the butt baby.

Galax Steeler
03-26-2010, 04:40 AM
If Batch could stay healthy he would be the better one.

Carolina Steelers
03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Batch is back 2yr deal

stlrtruck
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Batch has proven he can carry this team if Ben goes down. He knows the system very well and at the very least he'd be able to help Dixon learn it faster.

xbroughneck
03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm picking Charlie since we just inked him for another 2 years. :applaudit:

I saw Bulger get injured from the slightest contact I've ever seen last year. Both he and Charlie are injury prone, but Charlie, Ben and Dennis know each other, know Arians...

I didn't see the point in bringing in Bulger as the 3rd string QB.

markymarc
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Sounds like Colbert and Tomlin liked the Batch choice :chuckle:

Cmdurand21
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM

I don't think you know what you are talking about with Tom Brady.. As much as I hate that son of a bitch, he is ****ing clutch. I mean, he won 3 super bowls. Plus he gets to have sex with Giselle, major props there.

As for the real question, Batch or Bulger. I don't think you can really make a case for Batch if they are getting the same money. That being said, Bulger will command a much better payday then Batch. So, I'll take Batch as our 3rd QB since I don't want to pay Bulger 2nd QB money to be the 3rd QB on the roster. But, I guess this entire thread is moot since we signed batch.
:drink:

(incase you forgot):bowdown:
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/10/23-End/giselle_bundchen-tom-brady-jack-bridgt-monyhan.jpg

markymarc
03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't think you know what you are talking about with Tom Brady.. As much as I hate that son of a bitch, he is ****ing clutch. I mean, he won 3 super bowls.

Let me know the last big game Tom Brady has won since Spygate?

tube517
03-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Charlie is not a backup but more of a "big Brother" figure for Ben. They are going to need Charlie to sit Ben down and break it down to him again (like he did in 2008). And Batch will tutor Dixon.

Bulger won't want to be a tutor. He will want more money anyways.

fansince'76
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM

This.

Cmdurand21
03-27-2010, 02:17 PM

I'm fairly sure that he won 19 in a row in a single season. The super bowl loss wasn't exactly his fault either.

Leftoverhard
03-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Bulger, I guess

I would pick Charlie, I like him better - he's just so damn......frail.

casteeler
03-27-2010, 03:10 PM
If we can have Tom Brady and the Patriot staff from those S.B years then sure he will be my pick.I don't understand why Barry Bonds will be forever ridiculed but the Patriots were caught cheating and members of the staff admit to flat out cheating, yet they are still the team of the decade? If you know it's gonna be an all out blitz and you can beat it with a quick slant or something of that nature how are you still the greatest?

tony hipchest
03-27-2010, 09:57 PM

If we can have Tom Brady and the Patriot staff from those S.B years then sure he will be my pick.

the obvious contradiction aside, you do realize that tom brady isnt even an oprion in this poll, right?

its about possible 2nd-3rd string backup to ben and dixon. :noidea:

casteeler
03-27-2010, 11:56 PM
^^^yes, but this is just for arguments sake.

casteeler
03-27-2010, 11:59 PM
kind of a madden or fantasy football deal

Matty™
03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Bulger no question, better in the pocket, has more poise and when he gets into some good form he's a damn fine QB and awesome to watch.

His continually declining O-Line is the single greatest reason why he has crumbled and fallen of late. Given more time he truly will shine. Batch knows the Defense, but doesn't have the same gut QB killer instinct as Bulger does.

steelerdave1969
03-30-2010, 09:44 PM
which hometown back-up would you prefer?

spare the dennis dixon talk.

assuming the same price and the same role, who would you want to step in and win a game (even a playoff game).

keep in mind a young bulger beat out kurt warner. a young batch couldnt even beat out mike mcmahon (or whichever obscure lion scrub assumed qb duties when batch was sent packing).

Dennis Dixon Gets My Vote... Plain And Simple.. No Other Choices