PDA

View Full Version : Steelers daily digest: Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead gets looked at by Steeler coa

mesaSteeler
03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m3d25-Steelers-daily-digest-Ole-Miss-quarterback-Jevan-Snead-gets-looked-at-by-Steeler-coaches

Steelers daily digest: Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead gets looked at by Steeler coaches
March 25, 7:38 AMPittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski

OXFORD, MISS. - The Steelers have scheduled a number of visits in the upcoming weeks with potential draft picks. None of them as of yet are quarterbacks.

But that could change.

On Tuesday members of the Steelers coaching staff were in Mississippi along with 31 other teams to watch an interesting prospect, a quarterback named Jevan Snead.

If the name sounds familiar, it should. Once considered a top two-quarterback prospect along with Sam Bradford, after a sub-par junior season Snead is not expected to go until the mid rounds.

Still he is an interesting prospect at 6’ 4” 217 pounds considering he has very good mobility, can buy time and makes good plays plays with his feet. Snead is also smart, and although he had junior status on the football field, he has already competed his college degree.

As for how he felt he did during his pro day workout, Snead was confident.

"I felt I had a terrific day as far as throwing goes," Snead said. " I only had a few incompletions and threw enough to show them what I could do, just kind of mixed it up and gave them a show."

Snead had a collegiate career that took an interesting path. After a stellar high school career in Texas, he was set to sign with Florida. But then Tim Tebow inked and he decided to head to Texas, where many thought he would be the replacement for Vince Young.

Instead Colt McCoy came to age, so he transferred to Ole Miss. His 18 wins as a starter in two seasons is more than any Ole Miss quarterback in a two-year span since before even NFLer Archie Manning was there. He also took the team to back to back bowl game wins.

Snead passed for 2,762 yards and 26 touchdowns with 12 interceptions as a sophomore and had 2,632 in 2009. Yet despite those accolades, in 2009 he tossed 20 interceptions the most in the country and still is considered a prospect because of that. Still, he did have 20 touchdowns despite the fact Ole Miss went more to the running game.

"I have always been blessed with a quick release and strong accurate arm so there wasn’t anything to work on there," Snead said. " I worked on my footwork a little bit and some of my drops."

The question now, are the Steelers interested?

Merchant
03-25-2010, 10:35 PM
GARBAGE quarterback.. watched a lot of Ole Miss games the past season and Snead stunk up a lot of em

jollyrob68
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I like Jevan Snead and he will be there in the 4th or 5th. The keep talking about the QB John Skelton from Fordham.

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
yeah he's accurate alright... at least somebody catches his passes...might not be his teammate...but somebody catches em....:thumbsup:

SteelerFanInStl
03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
yeah he's accurate alright... at least somebody catches his passes...might not be his teammate...but somebody catches em....:thumbsup:

:iagree: :toofunny:

St33lersguy
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
When will the steelers start getting serious about draft day and start looking at defense