PDA

View Full Version : Heres a McNabb trade to think about.

jollyrob68
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Should the Steelers give up a 2nd round draft pick for Donavan McNabb? Then trade Ben Rothlisburger to The Rams for the #1 pick or Seattle,Buffalo,Washington,Jacksonville or Oakland for 1 & 3 pick?
McNabb would sign an extension as we continue to groom Dennis Dixon for the future.
Then If we get the additional first round pick who would you take?

Merchant
03-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Did you just say.. TRADE.. Ben Roethlisberger???

*has heart attack*

jollyrob68
03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Did you just say.. TRADE.. Ben Roethlisberger???

*has heart attack*

I always heard he was a douche. I love everything he has done for us but the second he said he wanted a Carson Palmer Offense I knew we were in trouble. Its great to have a 4000 yard QB, two 1000 yard recievers, 1000+ RB, Great TE but WE DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

The Duke
03-25-2010, 10:52 PM
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/doureallycare/funny-pictures-care-o-meter-cat.jpg

Its great to have a 4000 yard QB, two 1000 yard recievers, 1000+ RB, Great TE but WE DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

damn him! if only he'd have won us a couple of super bowls!

oh wait....

jollyrob68
03-25-2010, 11:07 PM
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/doureallycare/funny-pictures-care-o-meter-cat.jpg

damn him! if only he'd have won us a couple of super bowls!

oh wait....

Thanks for the Super Bowls. Other than the last drive in the last Super Bowl he didn't play well in both Games.
As far his quote he's full of it. He once boo hooed because The Defense scored and ended a couple of games and he said well I want to get back out there and be the one to score.

BKAnthem
03-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Should the Steelers give up a 2nd round draft pick for Donavan McNabb? Then trade Ben Rothlisburger to The Rams for the #1 pick or Seattle,Buffalo,Washington,Jacksonville or Oakland for 1 & 3 pick?
McNabb would sign an extension as we continue to groom Dennis Dixon for the future.

chill dude...you might have a brick tossed through your window , or have your propane gas line cut...:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the Super Bowls. Other than the last drive in the last Super Bowl he didn't play well in both Games.
As far his quote he's full of it. He once boo hooed because The Defense scored and ended a couple of games and he said well I want to get back out there and be the one to score.
and how many superbowl rings is mcnabb wearing ? mcnabb is the king of choke. :coffee:

tony hipchest
03-25-2010, 11:32 PM
and how many superbowl rings is mcnabb wearing ? mcnabb is the king of choke. :coffee:reid chokes. mcnabb pukes.

to the OP...

have you not been following the mcnabb trade rumors?

rams #33 pick and safety o. otogwe(?) for mcnabb.

they cut bulger and we pick him up dirt cheap to back up/replace ben.

fansince'76
03-26-2010, 12:05 AM

WTF are you talking about? :dang:

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 12:27 AM
They interviewed Ben after 2 games that the Defense sealed the deal and Ben whined that he wanted to be the one who went back on the field an won the game. One was the dallas game & the other was the Playoffs against the Ravens when Troy Picked it off an went back to the house. I thought right then and there that Ben WAS A DOUCHE AND THANK GOD THE DEFENSE SAVED OUR ASS.

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm just trying to find out what people think and if they would go for it. Ben Doesnt have anymore F ups left in The Burgh. None. The front office is pissed.

What is The plan if Ben is suspended? What are all of your thoughts? I mentioned McNabb because he's a vet who can manage the game(the same way ben did to get us to the 1st superbowl) and the Team would Still Believe they can win it. Whats your plan?

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
and how many superbowl rings is mcnabb wearing ? mcnabb is the king of choke. :coffee:

I agree to a point about being a choke artist. The coaches need to call a better game and I think if the Steelers had McNabb And got back to pounding the rock it wont be a problem. Hell we went 15-1 with a rookie because we pounded the rock but the poor kid ran out of steam.However he has made up for it with 2 SUPERBOWLS. I LOVE THE STEELERS AND I WANT THEM BACK INTO THE SUPERBOWL.

Cmdurand21
03-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Since win was wanting to get back on the field to win games a bad thing?

Galax Steeler
03-26-2010, 03:46 AM
I would rather have Ben he is a proven winner.

stillers4me
03-26-2010, 05:15 AM
:doh:

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Since win was wanting to get back on the field to win games a bad thing?

Its not but the way he said it like a spoiled B*TCH is my issue. I remember hoping the Defense got an INT an didnt let him back on the field because he was blowing the game not helping it.

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 05:55 AM
:doh:

I Agree they RELOAD.:tt03:

steeldawg
03-26-2010, 06:00 AM

So let me see if i got this? You want to trade our young Qb with 2 super bowl rings for a Qb who is aging with no superbowl rings ,so he can groom our backup Qb who has played 1 game in which we lost. :thumbsup: Your right !!!! I am shocked that front office has not come up with such a masterful plan. All this time they could of just logged on and asked Jollyrob68. I cant believe nobody has offered you a GM spot yet. :banging:

steeldawg
03-26-2010, 06:03 AM
I agree to a point about being a choke artist. The coaches need to call a better game and I think if the Steelers had McNabb And got back to pounding the rock it wont be a problem. Hell we went 15-1 with a rookie because we pounded the rock but the poor kid ran out of steam.However he has made up for it with 2 SUPERBOWLS. I LOVE THE STEELERS AND I WANT THEM BACK INTO THE SUPERBOWL.

Why would they need Mcnabb to start pounding the rock isnt that why we drafted Mendy?

SteelerFanInStl
03-26-2010, 07:48 AM
So let me see if i got this? You want to trade our young Qb with 2 super bowl rings for a Qb who is aging with no superbowl rings ,so he can groom our backup Qb who has played 1 game in which we lost. :thumbsup: Your right !!!! I am shocked that front office has not come up with such a masterful plan. All this time they could of just logged on and asked Jollyrob68. I cant believe nobody has offered you a GM spot yet. :banging:

:iagree: Pure stupidity :rofl:

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 01:33 PM

ok smart ass, The Steelers front office is tired of the Bs from Rothlisburger. They are not happy. The fact he has 2 rings means nothing if he continues to make the Organization look bad. Try PG plus website and get the info from the beat writers Ed Bouchette and Gary Dulac. Ask them whats they think and have heard. Then you can run your head into the wall.:banging::banging:

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Why would they need Mcnabb to start pounding the rock isnt that why we drafted Mendy?

You dont need McNabb to pound the rock special one. If you feel McNabb isnt accurate the Steelers can POUND THE ROCK the way they got to their 6st SuperBowl.
I ask about McNAbb because the rest of the players in the locker room would have confidence in him. He has been to several NFC Championships & The SuperBowl. As I said before,once in the big game the coaches need to call a good game and not coach scared. Its not all on the QB. Ben Played like crap vs Seattle.

pancake
03-26-2010, 03:20 PM

:thmbdown:

NEPAsteeler
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
:coffee:

no thanks.

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Pancake & NEPAsteeler, Thanks. NEPAsteeler what are you hearing in PA about The Front office and Ben?

AllD
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Lots of fans are starting to turn on BB. He forgot he was the face of the best franchaise in American sports. WTF is he thinking?

jollyrob68
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Lots of fans are starting to turn on BB. He forgot he was the face of the best franchaise in American sports. WTF is he thinking?

So true, Thats why I asked the question. Thanks

fansince'76
03-27-2010, 11:39 AM

Lots of fans were never in his corner to begin with and were just waiting for something to dump on him about as well. Unfortunately, Ben gave them ammunition.

chacha
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
yesterday I was out and this guy in a Steelers jacket points to mine, then his, and gives a thumbs down. I'm like what? And he proceeds to go on and on about "the quarterback" (he wouldnt say Ben's name...maybe he didn't know it!) has to go. I told him he hasnt even been charged with anything and then the guy proceeds to call him another Tiger Woods. I would never think of trading Ben, he's a perfect fit for the team.

ricksteelers55
03-27-2010, 01:44 PM

I think you should start to run ....you actually cant say anything against Ben here.He is the only reason why we won 2 super bowls and is allowed to do whatever he wants off the field it doesnt matter because he won 2 super bowls and is the only good QB we've had since TB.

oh yeah I forgot the guy is also apparently better than TB

BTW: I still wouldnt want McNabb

jollyrob68
03-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I think you should start to run ....you actually cant say anything against Ben here.He is the only reason why we won 2 super bowls and is allowed to do whatever he wants off the field it doesnt matter because he won 2 super bowls and is the only good QB we've had since TB.

oh yeah I forgot the guy is also apparently better than TB

BTW: I still wouldnt want McNabb

Thanks for the comments, I dont know why people are trippin as if no one else is asking this question. Hell the mentioned it on Stillers 365 espn radio in Pittsburgh.

jollyrob68
03-27-2010, 02:16 PM
yesterday I was out and this guy in a Steelers jacket points to mine, then his, and gives a thumbs down. I'm like what? And he proceeds to go on and on about "the quarterback" (he wouldnt say Ben's name...maybe he didn't know it!) has to go. I told him he hasnt even been charged with anything and then the guy proceeds to call him another Tiger Woods. I would never think of trading Ben, he's a perfect fit for the team.

I love The Steelers and its not their fault Ben put himself in this position. I've been a Steeler Fan since I was leaving coal in my diaper and I'm not going to stop for anyone.
LIke you said He hasn't been charged. I just asked a question and people start trippin as if the question isn't being asked by others.

St33lersguy
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Here's a question to ask who do you want: Ben Roethlisberger: 2 time superbowl champion. Proven winner, field general, master at the 4th quarter comeback or Donovan McNabb: Aging choker, heftier version of Kordell Stewart?

devilsdancefloor
03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
i really dont care what "the beat reports" have wrote or have to say. You would have to live in a freaking cave not to realize how pissed the Rooneys must be about the whole situation. I dont think Mcnabb is the answer. If it comes down to it i beleive we give the keys to the car over to Dixon. He showed against the ratbirds he is very capable. But you blasting EVERYONE for not agreeing with you is just asinine. Please put your big boy pants on and discuss instead of trying to be little everyone who doesnt agree with you which is going to be 99.99% of the people.

SMR
03-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Here's a question to ask who do you want: Ben Roethlisberger: 2 time superbowl champion. Proven winner, field general, master at the 4th quarter comeback or Donovan McNabb: Aging choker, heftier version of Kordell Stewart?

I'll take Roethlisberger any day, thank you kindly.

steeldawg
03-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I just dont understand this arguement of Ben putting himself in a bad situations. If these allegations turn out to be bogus then what situation did he really put himself in? i mean a 100 million dollar athelete gets a bj and people act outraged like its the first time this ever happened. And as far asthe first case goes, the woman came out a year later with no criminal charges filed and filed a civil suit.

NEPAsteeler
03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Pancake & NEPAsteeler, Thanks. NEPAsteeler what are you hearing in PA about The Front office and Ben?

To be honest, I'm not hearing anything more than what all of us already know.

jollyrob68
03-28-2010, 01:16 PM
To be honest, I'm not hearing anything more than what all of us already know.

Thanks for the update.

jollyrob68
03-28-2010, 01:22 PM
i really dont care what "the beat reports" have wrote or have to say. You would have to live in a freaking cave not to realize how pissed the Rooneys must be about the whole situation. I dont think Mcnabb is the answer. If it comes down to it i beleive we give the keys to the car over to Dixon. He showed against the ratbirds he is very capable. But you blasting EVERYONE for not agreeing with you is just asinine. Please put your big boy pants on and discuss instead of trying to be little everyone who doesnt agree with you which is going to be 99.99% of the people.

I haven't blasted anyone,I asked what people think then people blasted me and it is asinine. Your correct they need to put their big boy pants on and discuss instead of trying to be little everyone whom ever doesnt agree with them. I just reread the entire post and once that person blasted me I said ok smart ass.
But you are correct and I think if anything happened they should give Dixon the keys to the car. But, as a SuperBowl caliber team wouldn't they or you explore that option as well as other options to give your team a chance to get back to the SuperBowl?

jollyrob68
03-28-2010, 01:26 PM

I'd take Roethlisberger!

jollyrob68
03-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I just dont understand this arguement of Ben putting himself in a bad situations. If these allegations turn out to be bogus then what situation did he really put himself in? i mean a 100 million dollar athelete gets a bj and people act outraged like its the first time this ever happened. And as far asthe first case goes, the woman came out a year later with no criminal charges filed and filed a civil suit.
I guess the bad situation is having 2 of the same accusations in 9 months and making the Steelers look bad because it questions Ben's Character and their evaluation of his character.
I agree with you that because Ben got a BJ (as any young 28 yr old guy celebrating his birthday week would love) people are outraged.Its because they hold celebrities to a higher standard. Thats why people are tripping about Tiger Woods cheating on his wife.