PDA

View Full Version : Win it for the Rooney's

aphiz
02-05-2006, 01:26 PM
In addition to this piece http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2318758&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

I've watched interviews and read a lot of articles on the Rooney's these past two weeks. I love Jerome Bettis to death and desperately want him to get that super bowl ring, but just as much as that, I'd cherish the sight of Cowher handing the Lombardi trophy to Dan Rooney. It'd be such a meaningful affirmation of all those values the Rooney's epitomize; humility, loyalty and a dedication to 'treat people right.' And it'd be especially symbolic since Dan Rooney was unwavering in his support of Cowher in spite of those losing seasons in the late 90's. Even if I weren't a Steelers fan, I still wouldn't think that any other nfl owner would be more deserving of winning a championship...

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!! 5 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHFDLJSLS: JGLKSjflk:SJF :LKSDJG;lksjgkl;asjg ;lasjflkasjg f,lgmz/.<gMfg sdjglajlask las ';e

LambertIsGod58
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
In addition to this piece http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2318758&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

I've watched interviews and read a lot of articles on the Rooney's these past two weeks. I love Jerome Bettis to death and desperately want him to get that super bowl ring, but just as much as that, I'd cherish the sight of Cowher handing the Lombardi trophy to Dan Rooney. It'd be such a meaningful affirmation of all those values the Rooney's epitomize; humility, loyalty and a dedication to 'treat people right.' And it'd be especially symbolic since Dan Rooney was unwavering in his support of Cowher in spite of those losing seasons in the late 90's. Even if I weren't a Steelers fan, I still wouldn't think that any other nfl owner would be more deserving of winning a championship...

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!! 5 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHFDLJSLS: JGLKSjflk:SJF :LKSDJG;lksjgkl;asjg ;lasjflkasjg f,lgmz/.<gMfg sdjglajlask las ';e

Tru dat!!!