PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart ripping on Glen Beck

SteelCityMom
03-27-2010, 12:06 AM
This episode aired on the 18th...absolutely hilarious and a spot on impression of Beck.

(sorry for the Olbermann lead in!)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9JnDY2Gv5YQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9JnDY2Gv5YQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Full episode here (if you have the time to watch, it's hilarious...they cut a bunch out of what they aired on MSNBC).

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/267812/thu-march-18-2010-gary-locke

Godfather
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Jon Stewart is awesome.

Venom
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I like Jon Leibowitz , I mean Stewart but he wishes he had Glen Becks ratings .

chacha
03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Jon Stewart is spot on, hilarious!

Hammer67
03-27-2010, 11:14 AM
I love the Daily Show sometimes...although he is sometimes as off the wall as Beck.

chacha
03-27-2010, 11:17 AM
off the wall as Beck? One's a comedy show the other is...actually I'm not sure what Beck's show is supposed to be

SteelCityMom
03-27-2010, 01:27 PM

Taking into consideration how much Stewart struggled in his early career, I think he's just very thankful to have been able to make his mark on CC for 11 years now.

Hammer67
03-27-2010, 01:28 PM
off the wall as Beck? One's a comedy show the other is...actually I'm not sure what Beck's show is supposed to be

It may be a comedy show, but they are all opinion commentators at heart. Beck, Olberman, O'Reilly, the Daily Show....all opinion, some with comedy.

SteelCityMom
03-27-2010, 01:41 PM
It may be a comedy show, but they are all opinion commentators at heart. Beck, Olberman, O'Reilly, the Daily Show....all opinion, some with comedy.

Lol, this is true....one big difference though is only one of those shows was ever meant to be a comedic opinion show, the rest just turned out that way.

And Glen Beck is just insane in a comedic way lol.

http://dummidumbwit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/glen-beck.jpg

Godfather
03-27-2010, 01:55 PM

Apples and oranges given the time slots. Stewart is late night.

Hammer67
03-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Lol, this is true....one big difference though is only one of those shows was ever meant to be a comedic opinion show, the rest just turned out that way.

And Glen Beck is just insane in a comedic way lol.

You know, I am not a huge fan of Beck and do think he can be a bit on the paranoid side, but, if you watch him and actually follow what he is saying, most of his opinions are based in truth and logic. He has an entertainers way of presenting things, but his historical research is unparalleled by the opinion shows. That's why you rarely see critics find fault with his research. They have to go after his mannerisms or the times he misspeaks.

Look at the recent thing where Huffington contorted something he said. He made her look like an imbecile by just playing his full statement so it made sense in context.

You may not agree with some of his conclusions or his presentation style, but it is hard to call him crazy as he is well read and does use logic to come to his conclusions. Crazy people don't do this at all. You can't follow their thought process.

chacha
03-28-2010, 11:00 AM
You may not agree with some of his conclusions or his presentation style, but it is hard to call him crazy as he is well read and does use logic to come to his conclusions. Crazy people don't do this at all. You can't follow their thought process.

Unless you're crazy yourself! Then anyone could follow Beck's strange Bishop Sheen on LSD act

Venom
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Many Liberals love Jon . I would say most of them learn about politics from his show on Comedy Central .

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Jon Stewart is spot on, hilarious!

Loved his take on Olberman's lies and exaggerations.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/22/jon-stewart-takes-on-keit_n_433179.html

Spot on.

hilarious.

SteelCityMom
03-28-2010, 11:52 AM
You know, I am not a huge fan of Beck and do think he can be a bit on the paranoid side, but, if you watch him and actually follow what he is saying, most of his opinions are based in truth and logic. He has an entertainers way of presenting things, but his historical research is unparalleled by the opinion shows. That's why you rarely see critics find fault with his research. They have to go after his mannerisms or the times he misspeaks.

Look at the recent thing where Huffington contorted something he said. He made her look like an imbecile by just playing his full statement so it made sense in context.

I know he's not loony bin insane lol. And yes, sometimes he makes very good points...I just don't like his borderline conspiracy theory style of presenting things.

SteelCityMom
03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Many Liberals love Jon . I would say most of them learn about politics from his show on Comedy Central .

Not an entirely true statement...but of course, probably not entirely false.

Do you think that's any better though than Conservatives learning about politics only from Beck or Limbaugh...who just present political opinions and (many times) political spin?

Hammer67
03-28-2010, 07:47 PM
I know he's not loony bin insane lol. And yes, sometimes he makes very good points...I just don't like his borderline conspiracy theory style of presenting things.

Although, he does go out of his way to bash the "birthers" and 9/11 conspiracy nutjobs...