PDA

View Full Version : 501C3 in action - South Carolina Ministers Trade Store Gift Cards for Guns

BrandonCarr39
03-27-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/27/south-carolina-ministers-trade-store-gift-cards-guns/?test=latestnews

WALTERBORO, S.C.-- A group of South Carolina ministers are offering Walmart gift cards in exchange for guns to reduce the number of weapons in their communities.

The Rev. Leon Maxwell of Colleton County told the Post and Courier of Charleston that Saturday's event is based on a similar program in North Charleston that has netted more than 450 weapons in two years.

The buyback will take place from noon to 3 p.m. at Rock of Ages CME Church in Walterboro and Aimwell Presbyterian Church in Neyles.

Participants are asked to put the weapons in their trunks and Colleton County deputies will collect them. The officers will make sure the guns still work and determine the value of the weapon. The owner will be given a gift card in that amount.

SteelCityMom
03-27-2010, 04:55 PM
We've got a number of guns...I'd probably turn one of em in for the right price LOL.

I guarantee you that's what the majority of people that are going to turn some guns in are doing too.

MACH1
03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
I have a .22 with a broken firing pin, I might would trade that in for the right price. :chuckle:

SMR
03-27-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a .22 with a broken firing pin, I might would trade that in for the right price. :chuckle:

:rofl: :applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
03-28-2010, 12:49 AM
and then the guns are sold in mexico to the cartek for a huge profit ...:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-28-2010, 07:27 AM
The cops are probably there so they can bust some of the people for bringing them in. The criminals and stolen guns it could be a set up.:chuckle: