PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter Arrested...

SteelerEmpire
03-27-2010, 07:00 PM
LINK: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/27/nfl-star-joey-porter-arrested-for-assaulting-cop/#comments

Fire Haley
03-27-2010, 07:01 PM
suck my salty balls Whiz

tony hipchest
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/27/nfl-star-joey-porter-arrested-for-assaulting-cop/

Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter was arrested outside a Taco Bell this morning after officials say Porter put his hands on a cop.

According to the California Highway Patrol, Joey was driving in a Taco Bell parking lot in Bakersfield -- his home town -- when a friend of Joey's was was stopped by police.

According to officials, Porter pulled up near the action - too close apparently -- because a CHP officer rolled over to his car, where he detected the smell of alcohol coming from Porter's car.

Cops say the officer asked for Porter's driver's license, but he refused to hand it over. ... instead, officials say, the 33-year-old tried to roll up his window.

Cops say the officer tried to reach in the car to manually unlock the car -- and that's when Porter "slapped" the officer's hand away.

According to the CHP, the officer decided to grab Porter's arm -- and that's when things got crazy. Porter allegedly got out of his car "in a confrontational manner."

The officer claims he drew his pistol and ordered Porter to the ground, but he wouldn't comply -- though he did ultimately agree to place his hands behind his head.

Additional officers were called to the scene to aid in the arrest. Porter was eventually taken in to custody and booked at a nearby jail. He was eventually charged with 3 misdemeanors -- DUI, resisting arrest and assault on a peace officer.

Porter recently signed a big fat contract with the Cardinals -- reportedly worth $17.5 million for 3 years. :jawdrop:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/joeyblaze.jpg

AllD
03-27-2010, 07:26 PM
WTF are these guys thinking. Give me $17 million and I would do something good with it instead of acting like I am entitled to do whatever I feel like.

Fire Haley
03-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Arizona - where all the old Steelers go to rest

St33lersguy
03-27-2010, 07:39 PM
How stupid can he possibly be? I am glad he is not on steelers east anymore

devilsdancefloor
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/28mczmu.jpg

wasn't available for questions

pete74
03-27-2010, 07:56 PM
i read this earlier and laughed my ass of that arizona thought he would be the difference maker. i loved porter when he played for us and i hate to see this happen to him but he brought it on himself

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I am not shocked. Joey is a motor mouth and he likes confrontations.

Venom
03-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Could you imagine if Porter was just signed by the Steelers and he gets arrested along with this Big Ben mess. Yeeeeeesh

Fire Haley
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Could you imagine if Porter was just signed by the Steelers and he gets arrested along with this Big Ben mess. Yeeeeeesh

I'd bet there are at least a couple of Pezzy Pimpers around here...but you won't hear a peep now

steelerdude15
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Good job Joey.

SMR
03-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Actually, this breaks my heart. Seems he's on a downward spiral since he was release by the Steelers. Come on, Peezy......

stillers4me
03-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Joey must not like signing with new teams. He bitch slapped Levi Jones right after he signed with the 'phins. :chuckle:

SteelersinCA
03-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Why the hell is he drinking in Bakersfield?? What the hell is in Bakersfield? Maybe he was on the way to Vegas?

tony hipchest
03-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Why the hell is he drinking in Bakersfield?? What the hell is in Bakersfield? Maybe he was on the way to Vegas?thats his hometown. he always spends offseason there (and a main reason he wanted to go to a west coast team like AZ).

Shea
03-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Peezy, you're a dumbass.

These types of confrontations with players and the police seem to continuously pop-up around the league. If I know it, then Joey himself has seen these stories himself and knows it as well. You'd think he'd learn from these stories, and would learn from other's mistakes to never find himself in the same situation.

When you are dealing with the police you NEVER become combative and would be smart to be polite and cooperative.

You aren't ever going to beat the law. They always win.

So dumb ........ :dang:

UltimateBengal
03-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Joey must not like signing with new teams. He bitch slapped Levi Jones right after he signed with the 'phins. :chuckle:

Levi was slapped because he was trying to go to the bathroom and Joey was guarding the door for Big Ben!:sofunny:

MACH1
03-28-2010, 01:39 AM
Levi was slapped because he was trying to go to the bathroom and Joey was guarding the door for Big Ben!:sofunny:

At least ben likes woman, not wieners. "Go Long....er"

MasterOfPuppets
03-28-2010, 01:44 AM
wow... he SHOULD most likely get some jail time for this....:noidea:

steelreserve
03-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Why the hell is he drinking in Bakersfield?? What the hell is in Bakersfield? Maybe he was on the way to Vegas?

What else is there to do in Bakersfield? Seriously, that place sucks.

steeldawg
03-28-2010, 06:39 AM
So if joey porter is not suspended in the next 2 weeks do you think we will see any articles question roger goodell as to why? I dont think we will.

Galax Steeler
03-28-2010, 07:34 AM

:toofunny:

SteelersMongol
03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Actually, this breaks my heart. Seems he's on a downward spiral since he was release by the Steelers. Come on, Peezy......

Same notion...

SteelersinCA
03-28-2010, 07:28 PM
What else is there to do in Bakersfield? Seriously, that place sucks.

That's why I was confused, I didn't know it was his hometown.

fansince'76
03-28-2010, 07:31 PM
So if joey porter is not suspended in the next 2 weeks do you think we will see any articles question roger goodell as to why? I dont think we will.

Good point. You'd think the "racist NFL" would've suspended him by now, considering that disciplinary action against black players is meted out immediately by the league office with no due process whatsoever....

Psyychoward86
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Not quite as exciting as when he got shot in the ass

Ravnet
03-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Even though cops are sometimes antagonistic/in-the-wrong, there is absolutely nothing good that can ever come from not complying with police.

Did Porter really believe that the cop would leave after getting his/her hand slapped away?

SteelersMongol
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
CHP Investigates NFL Brutality Allegation

The deputy who arrested NFL star Joey Porter is under investigation for alleged brutality ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

As we previously reported, the Arizona Cardinals linebacker was busted during a traffic stop at a Taco Bell in Bakersfield, CA over the weekend.

Porter was busted for allegedly slapping the deputy's hand away as the deputy tried to unlock Joey's car door. Joey claims the deputy manhandled him, striking him in the face.

Now we've learned CHP has launched an Internal Affairs investigation into the deputy's conduct.

UPDATE: TMZ spoke with Porter's agent, Jeff Sperbeck, who tells us, "It's unfortunate that Joey has to endure the negative fallout surrounding this investigation."

Sperbeck added, "Joey has always been respectful and supportive of law enforcement in Bakersfield; the fact that one officer acted inappropriately will not change his views. We are confident that Joey will be exonerated from any wrong doing after all the facts have been reviewed."

http://www.tmz.com/tag/joey%20porter/#ixzz0ji3W7QoY

Some co cky officers always there 2 piss people off.

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
joey porter got man handled

NJarhead
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM

:rofl:

GodfatherofSoul
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Even though cops are sometimes antagonistic/in-the-wrong, there is absolutely nothing good that can ever come from not complying with police.

Did Porter really believe that the cop would leave after getting his/her hand slapped away?

Are you from Russia? Cops don't have universal authority over citizens.

Seems like the pattern is holding up. Baseless accusations and all the "player haters" calling for suspensions. Facts come out and give an entirely different take on reality than the accuser. Next, charges quietly get dropped.

How do you get a DUI sitting in a parking lot?
The cop apparently hit Porter.
WTF is a cop doing forcibly entering your vehicle?
He wasn't over the limit.

Fire Haley
03-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Next, charges quietly get dropped..

Good call. You win!

Joey beat the rap!

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- The district attorney's office said it will not file charges against Joey Porter after his arrest on March 27.

Supervising Deputy District Attorney Mark Pafford, said, "Based upon the information that was provided to us by the CHP, we did not believe that there would be a reasonable likelihood that a jury would find Mr. Porter guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of the allegations. With this belief, we thought it was not appropriate for us to proceed."

http://www.turnto23.com/news/23014545/detail.html