PDA

View Full Version : Does Ben Have An Alcohol Problem ??

SteelerEmpire
03-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Or seriously 'developing' an alcohol problem ? Its just something that was kind of on my mind..... Anyone else worried about Ben in this area as well ??

http://sportsroids.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ben-roethlisberger-drunk-steelcity-iron-city-pittsburgh-steelers-qb.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/01/roethlisbergerdalybig.jpg

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/archives/roethlisberger2.jpg

SteelCityMom
03-27-2010, 06:31 PM
IMO no...and pictures of someone drinking doesn't mean they have an alcohol problem. BTW, every one of these photos is from shortly after the Steelers won SBXL. He was partying and celebrating...certainly not the first person to do that.

pete74
03-27-2010, 06:34 PM
he definatly likes to drink, nobody can deny that.

SteelCityMom
03-27-2010, 06:38 PM
In other news...Eli Manning may also have a drinking problem.

http://passiveharassment.com/storage/sports/drunk%20eli.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Last I checked, photos of someone drinking doesn't equal that person having a drinking problem, especially in today's age of anyone with a cell phone having an instant camera.

Does Ben like to drink when he's out having a good time? Yeah, he does. He's also legally of age to do so. As long as he's not driving drink or drinking to the point where it affects his play and immediate health.

I don't want to hear about how anyone's an angel who has never ever touched alcohol before in their life. There is no way for anyone on this board to verify if that's true and I think a lot of people would appreciate it if people don't come into this thread with a holier than thou attitude. It will save a lot of arguments.

MACH1
03-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Otis says NO

http://amayberrystateofmind.com/images/Otis201-9.jpg

steeldawg
03-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I better remove my myspace page before someone decides its time for an intervention.

steelerdude15
03-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Why why why why

skinart82
03-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh My God!!! Ben Had a what???? A BEER, oh Nooooooooo! Really who cares, he's 28 years old, is he just supposed to sit in his house and do nothing. God forbid he would have a good time, he catches shit from everybody and works his ass off all the time.....he deserves to be able to have fun and not be thrown in the ringer

Texasteel
03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Man, some of you guys would have torn me to pieces when I was younger.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Oh My God!!! Ben Had a what???? A BEER, oh Nooooooooo! Really who cares, he's 28 years old, is he just supposed to sit in his house and do nothing. God forbid he would have a good time, he catches shit from everybody and works his ass off all the time.....he deserves to be able to have fun and not be thrown in the ringer

Some people on this forum think so.

chacha
03-27-2010, 10:29 PM

:chuckle: I love that picture!

Shea
03-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't think Ben has a drinking problem.

After seeing the pic with the green shirt, I do believe he has a fashion problem though.

siss
03-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I have wondered that myself. I think its possible. I don't fault the guy for having a few drinks. However we have consistently heard of two Ben Roethlisbergers. One likes puppies and kids and kicks some serious serious ass on the football field. Then we hear about this other Ben who is a jerk and disrespectful to women and teammates. While some of it may be a little over exaggerated. I wonder if this other Ben we have heard about is the result of a little to much drinking. I don't think he is an alcoholic I just think thats its possible he could be a different person when he drinks and thats maybe were some of these rumors come from.

UltimateBengal
03-27-2010, 11:40 PM

LOL Eli always look that way! But as far as Ben, that cat definitely has some issues. But it's nothin that a good woman couldn't cure! Or at least a good prostitute on speed dial:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 12:03 AM
russ grimm had a reputation if imbibing in a few brewed beverages with his players after games, and it was not one he really shied away from. he was recently asked how the 'tailgate" would be for his induction for the hall of fame.

laughing, he said its gonna be pretty big, and the brew flowing would be on him. he suggested all in attendance will need to bring their own cups... BIG cups.

while this probably goes a long way in saying why tomlin is the steelers current HC instead of him, i dont think that makes the HOG a bad guy.

anyone remember the "bud bowl" sb highlight campaigns? were there any less than 20 budweiser commercials in the last superbowl?

does not the sale of alcoholic beverages help fund the entire NFL? (tv revenues come from advertizing dollars).

8 dollar beers contribute to players getting $100 million contracts.

all reports are ben drinks responsibly and socially (minus the jagr bombs he was doing in the locker room before the 5 game losing streak last season).

ben is good for business. if his "drink like a champion" t-shirt had a budweiser logo on it, business executives would be lining up to suck his dick.

UltimateBengal
03-28-2010, 12:08 AM
russ grimm had a reputation if imbibing in a few brewed beverages with his players after games, and it was not one he really shied away from. he was recently asked how the 'tailgate" would be for his induction for the hall of fame.

laughing, he said its gonna be pretty big, and the brew flowing would be on him. he suggested all in attendance will need to bring their own cups... BIG cups.

while this probably goes a long way in saying why tomlin is the steelers current HC instead of him, i dont think that makes the HOG a bad guy.

anyone remember the "bud bowl" sb highlight campaigns? were there any less than 20 budweiser commercials in the last superbowl?

does not the sale of alcoholic beverages help fund the entire NFL? (tv revenues come from advertizing dollars).

all reports are ben drinks responsibly and socially (minus the jagr bombs he was doing in the locker room before the 5 game losing streak last season).

ben is good for business. if his "drink like a champion" t-shirt had a budweiser logo on it, business executives would be lining up to suck his dick.

Ben drinks responsibly? Being at a college club, inviting teenie boppers to join him, having thugs block the doors so no one can get in, putting himself and the Steelers in another embarrassing position? Yeah, very responsible!!!:chuckle:

Shea
03-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Ben drinks responsibly? Being at a college club, inviting teenie boppers to join him, having thugs block the doors so no one can get in, putting himself and the Steelers in another embarrassing position? Yeah, very responsible!!!:chuckle:

A Bengal's fan talking smack about legal issues and well -------> :sofunny:

Life is a funny, FUNNY thing.

My first Steeler's forum I ever came across was Ben's site and these pictures were prohibited and anyone that posted them was vilified and pretty much considered the Satan of all things football. Why? Is there something I'm missing?

So the guy went out and had some fun. What's the biggily-wiggily on this?

fansince'76
03-28-2010, 12:22 AM

At least she was actually over the legal age of consent....

UltimateBengal
03-28-2010, 12:26 AM
A Bengal's fan talking smack about legal issues and well -------> :sofunny:

Life is a funny, FUNNY thing.

My first Steeler's forum I ever came across was Ben's site and these pictures were prohibited and anyone that posted them was vilified and pretty much considered the Satan of all things football. Why? Is there something I'm missing?

So the guy went out and had some fun. What's the biggily-wiggily on this?

So being a Bengals fan means I have no clue what is moral and what isn't, whats appropriate and what isn't, what's smart and what isn't? I say the same things every time a Bengal does something stupid. If Carson had put himself in the position Ben has, TWICE, I wouldn't want him on my team, period! That's morality!

MACH1
03-28-2010, 12:27 AM

Why single out Bud. There's Old Milwaukees, Black Label, Buck Horn, Pabst, Rainier. :chuckle:

msafford
03-28-2010, 12:32 AM
So being a Bengals fan means I have no clue what is moral and what isn't, whats appropriate and what isn't, what's smart and what isn't? I say the same things every time a Bengal does something stupid. If Carson had put himself in the position Ben has, TWICE, I wouldn't want him on my team, period! That's morality!

Morality my a$$. Your sole purose is to piss off Steelers fans at the moment.

Shea
03-28-2010, 12:35 AM

Oh my .......... :chuckle:

I don't believe I said any of the above.

Chillizle - as Snoop would say. :sofunny:

(I seriously just cracked myself up :toofunny:!)

Stu Pidasso
03-28-2010, 12:38 AM

Actually, I think the girl on the left is the hot one...

SteelCityMom
03-28-2010, 12:40 AM

Hey now...what's immoral about having some drinks and getting a bj? That might be immoral for YOU...but as long as he didn't force her tipsy ass to suck his wee wee, I could really care less.

I think it's immoral to project morality on others! So there...:chuckle:

UltimateBengal
03-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Hey now...what's immoral about having some drinks and getting a bj? That might be immoral for YOU...but as long as he didn't force her tipsy ass to suck his wee wee, I could really care less.

I think it's immoral to project morality on others! So there...:chuckle:

This is one of the most disappointing post I have ever read, but sadly the vast majority feel the same way. When a grown man has the doors guarded so he can have sexual contact with a drunk teenage girl, I find that somehow wrong.:noidea:Maybe it's just me? :noidea:

MACH1
03-28-2010, 01:11 AM
This is one of the most disappointing post I have ever read, but sadly the vast majority feel the same way. When a grown man has the doors guarded so he can have sexual contact with a drunk teenage girl, I find that somehow wrong.:noidea:Maybe it's just me? :noidea:

Chris Henry

SteelCityMom
03-28-2010, 01:12 AM

When did a 20 year old college sophomore become a teenager??? Stop trying to spin it like he's some kind of kiddie raper.

It's not like he pulled an R.Kelly and pissed on a 14 year old and taped it man! He got a BJ lol.

I apologize if you think oral sex is morally reprehensible, I have never thought that it was.

Rick5895
03-28-2010, 04:44 AM
This all reminds of the birds ......
Bird of prey.........Falcon
Bird of night........Owl
Bird of peace........Dove

and Bens little bird, the bird of love...............the SWALLOW.

I digress, does Ben have a drinking problem, he just may, but he certainly is young and immature and keeps making ridiculas choices. As much as he shouldn't have to, he needs to go and hibernate and take himself , if he can, out of the spotlight with the bar hopping for a while.

Oh and BTW ultimate bungle, if one is in a bar where the age is 21, one must assume that any person at that bar is 21 and of legal age to do whatever arises. (a little joke there if you missed it)

steeldawg
03-28-2010, 05:33 AM

she was not a teenager, and she had a fake Id so how was he supposed to know she was 20. Nothing wrong with ben having drinks and mixing it up ith the opposite sex.

HometownGal
03-28-2010, 05:58 AM
When did a 20 year old college sophomore become a teenager??? Stop trying to spin it like he's some kind of kiddie raper.

It's not like he pulled an R.Kelly and pissed on a 14 year old and taped it man! He got a BJ lol.

I apologize if you think oral sex is morally reprehensible, I have never thought that it was.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

AMEN sister.

Now getting back to the original question. NO I don't believe Ben has a "drinking problem". He obviously likes to go out with his homies, have a few brewskies and a little fun and if that includes a hummer here and there, what normal red-blooded male is going to pass that up? Seriously.

pete74
03-28-2010, 06:02 AM
this is really kinda pointless because nobody here knows the answer to this question and are speculating. we dont know if he drinks weekends which would make him a recreational drinker or drinks daily which would mean he has a problem. everyone is answering this question with the answer they are hoping for

Rick5895
03-28-2010, 06:21 AM

AMEN sister.

Now getting back to the original question. NO I don't believe Ben has a "drinking problem". He obviously likes to go out with his homies, have a few brewskies and a little fun and if that includes a hummer here and there, what normal red-blooded male is going to pass that up? Seriously.

Amen to you too!!
:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-28-2010, 06:28 AM
I see nothing wrong with Ben having a beer or two and having a good time with his buddies. He just needs to watch the way he has fun and where he has it.

solardave
03-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Man, some of you guys would have torn me to pieces when I was younger.

You got that right. One friend said he didn't know I drank until he saw me Sober.:hatsoff:
From what I've read Ben tips a few but he's not being acused of public intoxication. I really don't think alcohol is his problem, unless it turns him into a "Dawg". It's not how much you drink but how it affects you. I think he chases chicks sober IMHO.

SMR
03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
this is really kinda pointless because nobody here knows the answer to this question and are speculating. we dont know if he drinks weekends which would make him a recreational drinker or drinks daily which would mean he has a problem. everyone is answering this question with the answer they are hoping for

Amen brother!! This whole thread is rather speculation and dare I say also....pointless, utterly pointless.

:coffee:

silver & black
03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
As a fan of another team, I would have to say that he probably doesn't have a problem with alcohol. His perfomance on the field would show it, if he did. Ben is one of the best clutch QB's I've watched play the game in recent history... let him have fun, and don't read too much into a few stupid pics taken at a club.

My team once had a clutch QB named Kenny Stabler... The Snake... nuff said.

solardave
03-28-2010, 09:19 AM

AMEN sister.

Tom Brady. Oh wait, I forgot we're talking about males!:sofunny: He still might not pass one up if the right "Guy" came along.

siss
03-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Is it just me or does a good women in Ben's life sound like the answer to his problems?

stb_steeler
03-28-2010, 10:05 AM

But yet you keep replying on the subject !!!.

plenewken
03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't think Ben has a drinking problem.

After seeing the pic with the green shirt, I do believe he has a fashion problem though.

Yep. The devil t-shirt he wore in GA wasn't the most tasteful either. Oh well ............

PalmerSteel
03-28-2010, 01:47 PM
does he have an alcohol problem? 100% YES!!!!
i am an occasional drinker and got busted with DUI a while back. what i learned from my lovely alcohol classes:

you dont have to be an alcoholic to have alcohol problems. anyone who runs in to trouble when they have had too much to drink, whether its there fault at all or not, has an alcohol problem.
some have worse luck than others when it comes to alcohol problems.

pete74
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
i am an occasional drinker and got busted with DUI a while back. what i learned from my lovely alcohol classes:

you dont have to be an alcoholic to have alcohol problems. anyone who runs in to trouble when they have had too much to drink, whether its there fault at all or not, has an alcohol problem.

that is definatly a good point

fansince'76
03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
anyone who runs in to trouble when they have had too much to drink, whether its there fault at all or not, has an alcohol problem.

Nice theory, but from most accounts I've read, Ben wasn't drunk. He didn't look too inebriated from the pictures I've seen of him from the night in question either.

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 02:26 PM
this from a fanbase that is proud to wear t-shirts that read-

Pittsburgh is an alcohol town with a football problem. :rolleyes:

Nice theory, but from most accounts I've read, Ben wasn't drunk. He didn't look too inebriated from the pictures I've seen of him from the night in question either.

didnt you know? camera lens "red-eye" in photographs = inebriation. :laughing:

MasterOfPuppets
03-28-2010, 03:26 PM
didnt you know? camera lens "red-eye" in photographs = inebriation. :laughing:
indeed....

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4858/143bj.jpg (http://img532.imageshack.us/i/143bj.jpg/)

Corey120120
03-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Is it just me or does a good women in Ben's life sound like the answer to his problems?

Ya he needs to settle down with a good woman.

Burghfan58
03-28-2010, 03:41 PM

That might be a reason to get rid of Palmer. Another might be he's just not that good.

smokin3000gt
03-28-2010, 04:03 PM
The only thing he is guilty of is not being very photogenic. I'm just glad someone wasn't following me around with a camera when I was younger. Talk about looking like a bigger butthole then BB!

OneForTheToe
03-28-2010, 04:23 PM

Interesting you should mention Carson. I have a friend whose sister's -boyfriends -cousins -sorority sisters - brother was drinking last summer with Carson in Cincinnati and snapped a picture of Carson after he downed 1 light beer.

http://jefferyrainey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/faillike1999.jpg

Nice Jacket. :thumbsup:

smokin3000gt
03-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Because that's what they told you, it's fact? I know people (me included) who have run into trouble sober. Does that mean I have a sobriety problem? :dancing: I can fix that!

tony hipchest
03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Because that's what they told you, it's fact? I know people (me included) who have run into trouble sober. Does that mean I have a sobriety problem? :dancing: I can fix that!good point. :drink:

Prok
03-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Well........... it's only a matter of time before the " Does Ben have women problems ??" thread pops up. Should i just go ahead and start it and get it over with ??

:popcorn:

PalmerSteel
03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Because that's what they told you, it's fact? I know people (me included) who have run into trouble sober. Does that mean I have a sobriety problem? :dancing: I can fix that!

no its just the way it is. if you run in to trouble sober alot, then 9 times out of 10, there is another issue with you that is getting in the way. the 1 out of 10, well, there luck just plain sucks :drink:

beSteelmyheart
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM

In Rosie's case- my guess is that homosexuals in the NFL might have to practice a little more discretion.:wink02:

steeldawg
03-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Yes this is exactly what it means because if you had morals and were smart you would not be a bengals fan!!!!! everyone knows this!! in your face bungle fan!!! :dancing:

Shea
03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Yes this is exactly what it means because if you had morals and were smart you would not be a bengals fan!!!!! everyone knows this!! in your face bungle fan!!! :dancing:

Awww, c'mon .......

UB seems like a cool guy. He just doen't have the best taste as far as football teams go, but let's not hold that against him!

pete74
03-29-2010, 03:34 AM
some of you guys are pathetic morons. you can seriously hate a person just because he lives in a different city then you or cheers for a different football team. pathetic

CantStop85
03-29-2010, 06:46 AM
:doh:

Steelers>NFL
03-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Almost all of us drank lots of beers when we were in our 20s.
He will grow up and mature when he is ready. Until then, he will continue
to party as long as it does not effect his play on the field. We've all done
some stupid things in our 20s that we later regret. But Ben is in the national
spot light, and the face of one of the greatest franchise in all of pro-sports.
This means he needs to grow up faster then most of us had to.

Corey120120
03-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Interesting you should mention Carson. I have a friend whose sister's -boyfriends -cousins -sorority sisters - brother was drinking last summer with Carson in Cincinnati and snapped a picture of Carson after he downed 1 light beer.

http://jefferyrainey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/faillike1999.jpg

Nice Jacket. :thumbsup:

:rofl: :sofunny: thats great!

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-29-2010, 08:37 AM
http://boldt.us/4829-4/drunk-pumpkin

"Ben... Please don't become like me!!!"

zulater
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM

No that's bullshit! You would react like most of us if it was Carson instead of Ben, unless you're an idiot.

If it was cut and dried that Ben commited a violent criminal act in either case, of course most of us would want him gone.

But in the first case the woman waited over a year, comes off as a total looney with stalker like e-mails, is contradicted by nearly every bit of evidence that's come to light, so no we're not buying.

Second case, no charges have been filed as of yet. Hell we don't even know what the allegations are let alone whether charges are forthcoming. All we know for sure is that Ben claims there was some form of consentual sexual contact short of intercourse, no DNA is being requested, the girl used a phony id and was shitfaced drunk (2.0) hours after the incident, god only knows how drunk she was when she hit her head.

Yes it's disturbing that Ben's in the eye of the storm, no it wouldn't be tolerated with a lesser player. But it's a ridiculous comment to claim that you'd throw a franchise changing qb onto the open market, when said franchise player could be fully exonerated before the first official mini camp begins!

Lord how stupid do you think we are?! :banging:

Prok
03-29-2010, 11:46 AM
No that's bullshit! You would react like most of us if it was Carson instead of Ben, unless you're an idiot.

If it was cut and dried that Ben commited a violent criminal act in either case, of course most of us would want him gone.

But in the first case the woman waited over a year, comes off as a total looney with stalker like e-mails, is contradicted by nearly every bit of evidence that's come to light, so no we're not buying.

Second case, no charges have been filed as of yet. Hell we don't even know what the allegations are let alone whether charges are forthcoming. All we know for sure is that Ben claims there was some form of consentual sexual contact short of intercourse, no DNA is being requested, the girl used a phony id and was shitfaced drunk (2.0) hours after the incident, god only knows how drunk she was when she hit her head.

Yes it's disturbing that Ben's in the eye of the storm, no it wouldn't be tolerated with a lesser player. But it's a ridiculous comment to claim that you'd throw a franchise changing qb onto the open market, when said franchise player could be fully exonerated before the first official mini camp begins!

Lord how stupid do you think we are?! :banging:

Money post. I have learned over the years to simply not respond to rival fans barbing and egging on. But yeah, ultimate bungle is full of shit in this instance,

plenewken
03-29-2010, 01:17 PM
:rofl: :sofunny: thats great!

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/plenewken/image012.jpg

Prok
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
To continue the theme from other threads here................

I think it's clear as day that Arians is the ONLY one with an alcohol problem. C'mon, how else do ya explain the play-calling ???

:drink:

SteelGhost
03-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Does Ben Have An Alcohol Problem ??

Hell NOOO ! :doh:

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-29-2010, 04:47 PM
I think Ben has an ego problem...

chacha
03-29-2010, 04:55 PM
I think Ben has a bad luck problem

43Hitman
03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I think Ben has an ego problem...

This.

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
some of you guys are pathetic morons. you can seriously hate a person just because he lives in a different city then you or cheers for a different football team. pathetic

and i think you should mellow out and not take these blogs so seriously. Who said anything about hate? :crying01:

pete74
03-29-2010, 06:33 PM

and if you lived in cinn you would also be a bengal fan. dont be a hater big guy

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
and if you lived in cinn you would also be a bengal fan. dont be a hater big guy

but i dont live in cinn nor am i a bungles fan. steelers all the way baby. I know you would love for the bengals browns ravens and steelers fans to sit around holding hands but not me. i love to dislike those teams and their fans i grew up disliking those teams and fans and i will continue to do so. i wish them no ill will personally but when it comes to football they are the enemy:m16:

Prok
03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
but i dont live in cinn nor am i a bungles fan. steelers all the way baby. I know you would love for the bengals browns ravens and steelers fans to sit around holding hands but not me. i love to dislike those teams and their fans i grew up disliking those teams and fans and i will continue to do so. i wish them no ill will personally but when it comes to football they are the enemy:m16:

Here here. When it comes to football F the clowns bungles and rats and their fans. I know enough idiot fans of each team that take joy in giving me shit over football so it's fair to return fire. F em' all, let the Steeler God straighten em' out.

:tt:

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Here here. When it comes to football F the clowns bungles and rats and their fans. I know enough idiot fans of each team that take joy in giving me shit over football so it's fair to return fire. F em' all, let the Steeler God straighten em' out.

:tt:

thats the spirit us against the world . steeler nation. :tt03: :tt04: :tt: :tt02: